lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7708

I feel sorry for Russell Westbrook

He did the right thing and now he is suffering. God must be there somewhere. Will good show his hand in the NBA playoffs? Not right to punish loyalty over being a sellout.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23996

Sad for me too...UCLA alum here
    Points Awarded:

onebadhombre gave funnyb25 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

He wasn't a free agent. Is he committed long term to OKC?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Long term

Only team he ca be ball hog

It's why he stayed

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Durant going to GoldSt was biggest dick-move ever. Just sign me up.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    He did the right thing and now he is suffering. God must be there somewhere. Will good show his hand in the NBA playoffs? Not right to punish loyalty over being a sellout.
    God has $0 on either team. God also helps those that help themselves. OKC screwed themselves several years ago getting rid of Harden instead of opening up the checkbook. Durant screwed them but they allowed themselves to be screwed. I feel bad for Coach Donovan who probably would have never left college if he knew Durant would bail after his first season. This is the way of the NBA.

That said, the Warriors have been very fortunate to not have any major injuries the last few years. You would think the law of averages would eventually catch up to them.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7708

Mac did you play with Billy ever?

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Mac did you play with Billy ever?
    Nope he came to UF long after me. I do go back to UF a few times a year but mainly during football season. I went to UF during the dark days when the football program went on probation and the basketball program followed a few years later. The NCAA had a hard on for UF as it was becoming a national powerhouse. The University has really tried hard to forget those years, erasing records and not really recognizing any former players. I actually didn't feel welcome from the athletic department for many years, although the alumni organization keeps begging for money. I use to play against the basketball team while on the football team. We use to have some really heated games, where we sometimes took them to school. I use to guard Vernon Maxwell who use to be fast as shit and knew how to throw a bow to get space like no one I've ever played against. Him and I came to blows many times but would always make up in the rec room.

I played when Al Horford's dad (Tito) played in Miami. That was a big, fast mofo. He had a little brother (6'10") that was good as well. he played at FAU.

Skrilla777
    Skrilla777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 893

Westbrook is good .. he's a beast... etc. But damn he wants every call . Dude is bitter like burnt coffee. Get the fucc over it

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by Skrilla777 View Post
    Westbrook is good .. he's a beast... etc. But damn he wants every call . Dude is bitter like burnt coffee. Get the fucc over it
    I'm sorry skrilla but if Durant did that shit to me, we'd have to come to blows. We were 5 minutes from going to the Finals and you go to the team that beat us. The hell with that shit. That was a bitch move. I know where you live. We going to have to fight and then move on.

Skrilla777
    Skrilla777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 893

He doesn't owe Westbrook an explanation. If it wasn't the Warriors it would of been somewhere else. He's holding on to shit while KD is trying to win. Westbrook got what he wanted...The spotlight . Act like you don't know

pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

Think they would have had a chance had harden Westbrook and Durant stayed together? Or is there just to much ego to have those 3 on a team again

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Don't feel sorry for him. He's making the league maximum, he is the face of the franchise, and he's ran off both Durant and Harden.

pilebuck13

Giant did he run those guys off?

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Don't feel sorry for him. He's making the league maximum, he is the face of the franchise, and he's ran off both Durant and Harden.
    Management went cheap and let Harden go over money... Had they kept Harden they would be hoisting a title and all 3 would still be at home.

The Giant

Quote Originally Posted by pilebuck13 View Post
    Giant did he run those guys off?
    According to my sources, they didn't want to play with him.

My sources are accurate 85% of the time.

pilebuck13

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Management went cheap and let Harden go over money... Had they kept Harden they would be hoisting a title and all 3 would still be at home.
    Firm believer in harden being a cancer to teams not asset

The Giant

They didn't think they could afford all three. It was trade Harden, or watch him walk for free. Ironically, that's what ended up happening with Durant.

Mac4Lyfe

According to my sources, they didn't want to play with him.My sources are accurate 85% of the time.
    Your sources are very wrong on this one Giant. Harden was the glue that kept Westbrook and Durant together. All Harden was asking for was an extra $4 million but they turned him down. They could have dealt Kendrick Perkins and paid Harden his money but they were cheap fukks.

Mac4Lyfe

They didn't think they could afford all three. It was trade Harden, or watch him walk for free. Ironically, that's what ended up happening with Durant.
    What are you talking about?? This is the NBA. The salary cap was peanuts compared to what it is today. You are talking about a few million more and they still wouldn't have scratched the luxury tax. The move was purely financial and it was stupid. This is from ex coach Scottie Brooks...

"I think that’s an easy question. You look at all the great teams. The Golden State Warriors have three All-Stars. The Miami Heat had three All-Stars. The Boston Celtics had three All-Stars. The Houston Rockets, when I played, only had one All-Star. I got screwed that year, didn’t get an All-Star bid that year. But (Hakeem) Olajuwon was an All-Star. Easy to say, but it didn’t happen. It’s all hypothetical. James is a great player. "The thing that I love about James, he loved his role. He loved coming off the bench, he loved working with that second unit. Him and Nick (Collison) had a great bond on the court and off the court. When James made that USA Basketball, he knew that he belonged and that following year before he was traded, he was one of the best players. And he did not want to start. We tried to start him a few times because Thabo Sefolosha got hurt. I think we started him like two games and he came to me after each game and said ‘Coach, Coach, Coach, please, please, please get me back in my same role. I like the second unit.’ That says a lot about him. Because he was a great player, is a great player. "But it didn’t work out. For whatever reason, they couldn’t get it done. We moved on as a team. It was tough. I thought our guys did a great job of picking up the pieces mentally. We were drained when it first happened. But I thought my staff and our team did a great job of showing leadership and fighting on and we ended up winning 60 games that year."

Mac4Lyfe

Fearing salary cap hell if they signed James Harden to the contract he wanted and deserved, the Oklahoma City Thunder organization shockingly agreed to trade Harden to the Houston Rockets just days before the start of 2012-13 season.Just a few months earlier, the Thunder were coming off their first of what figured to be many more NBA Finals appearances. Then suddenly, the young trio of Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook and their super sixth man Harden was no more. Oklahoma City fans were distraught.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I hope Westbrook never speaks to Durant ever again. Hope he beats his ass in an alley.

Mac4Lyfe

OKC fans, if you want someone to blame, look no further...

Multiple sources have told me that, when Oklahoma City's Sam Presti decided to shop James Harden, Golden State was his first call. He wanted Klay Thompson and a pick. The Warriors would only consider the trade if Oklahoma City took back Biedrins or Jefferson for 2013 expirings, knowing they'd get crushed by the luxury tax in 2014 with Harden's extension plus Steph Curry's extension plus
    David Lee plus Bogut/Jefferson/Biedrins.

At that point, Presti went to Washington (offering Harden for Bradley Beal, and unbelievably getting turned down), then Houston (where the shopping heated up). Presti never ended up calling Golden State back.

TheMoneyShot

OKC fans, if you want someone to blame, look no further...

Multiple sources have told me that, when Oklahoma City's Sam Presti decided to shop James Harden, Golden State was his first call. He wanted Klay Thompson and a pick. The Warriors would only consider the trade if Oklahoma City took back Biedrins or Jefferson for 2013 expirings, knowing they'd get crushed by the luxury tax in 2014 with Harden's extension plus Steph Curry's extension plus
    David Lee plus Bogut/Jefferson/Biedrins.

At that point, Presti went to Washington (offering Harden for Bradley Beal, and unbelievably getting turned down), then Houston (where the shopping heated up). Presti never ended up calling Golden State back.
    If OKC couldn't afford Durant, Westbrook, and Harden at the time.

How in the fuk can Golden State afford Curry, Thompson, and Durant???

The Giant

If only they could've afforded Harden...

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3507

Feel sorry for Westbrook,come on man,dudes still living a great life.

TheMoneyShot

It didn't matter anyways... Durant Westbrook and Harden were just a disease. Couldn't win dik.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3507

Too many Chiefs not enough Indians.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: TheMoneyShot

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Shot, could u see Wbrook snapping at some point?

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    If OKC couldn't afford Durant, Westbrook, and Harden at the time.How in the fuk can Golden State afford Curry, Thompson, and Durant???
    They gave Ibaka 4 years $48 million and would go no higher than 4 years $52 million for Harden. That's horseshit. Harden wanted 4 years and I think $58 million. They could have cut Perkins and saved double that money but these idiots didn't want to use the amnesty clause. Cheap bastards are getting what they deserve. Dan Gilbert has paid a shit load in luxury taxes the last decade. GSW has as well. You have to pay to play in the big boy leagues.

What is so depressing for OKC fans is that those salaries are fukking peanuts today. Timofey Mozgov in LA is making more that what they wanted to pay Harden. Tristan Thompson has an $82 million dollar deal. Harden was the glue to that second unit. OKC front office screwed up thinking that they could still win with just Russ and KD.

Mac4Lyfe

It didn't matter anyways... Durant Westbrook and Harden were just a disease. Couldn't win dik.
    WTH?
    They were young and still made the Finals. You put those 3 on a team right now and they would be the favorites to win it all.

TheMoneyShot

WTH?
    They were young and still made the Finals. You put those 3 on a team right now and they would be the favorites to win it all.
    Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    Too many Chiefs not enough Indians.
    THIS.

Sure you could favor them to win the championship. But they wouldn't.

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Shot, could u see Wbrook snapping at some point?
    I like his personality on the floor. Looks like he'd take anyone out with a punch. But I don't think he'd ever start anything.

I wish he had a young Ron Artest's personality. Especially against Durant tonight.

After the lead got back to 16+ I really thought a fight might happen. But... a bunch of pansies. Nothing more.

Mac4Lyfe

THIS.Sure you could favor them to win the championship. But they wouldn't.
    Now I would agree that the 3 of them all have very low basketball IQ. I still can't believe how dumb ass Russ and KD both were in those final 5 minutes of game 6 and the 3rd quarter of game 7. Then Harden would just do some dumb shit that you had to see to believe but they are damn talented. They were almost there, add a few pieces including veteran leadership and that team was on their way. I really think Durant left because they didn't resign Harden. Those stupid moves weigh on a team just like the Heat not resigning Mike Miller because they were cheap fukks. Lebron remembered that and got the hell out of town.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

He took the money and stayed loyal, good for him. But they're just choices, no reason to worship or hate either Russ or KD.

As for KD, Russ and Harden, Im not sure there were enough shots to go around. They would've been the biggest three in the history of nba, all at their prime. I think back at the recent "big 3's" and no e cone close to kd, russ and Harden. Those are probably 3 of the top 5 players in the league today.

Anyways, 3 max contracts ='s no depth

123 Last