Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

Money, 55 mil is just a number on the paper for now...realistically she'll be very lucky if she sees anything close to 10 mil

Read this:

Erin Andrews How $55 Million Gets Whittled Down to $6 Mil

Erin Andrews won a spectacular victory in her peephole lawsuit, but her $55 million verdict is almost certainly going to get slashed many times over.
    Of the $55 million, she will never see a penny from pervert Michael Barrett, who is on the hook for $28 million. Marriott is responsible for the remaining $27 million.
    Marriott will almost certainly appeal the verdict, which then opens the door to settlement. There are compelling reasons why Erin might want to settle. It's a huge judgment when you consider there's no physical injury ... just emotional distress. An appeals court could overturn the verdict on grounds it's simply excessive. It's a crapshoot to go forward with an appeal ... for both sides.
    The legal experts we've spoken with all say the likelihood is the case will settle ... for somewhere around $20 million on Marriott's part.
    Now the lawyers' fees. In lawsuits where a case actually goes to trial, lawyers typically get around 40% of the recoverable judgment. So, if Erin settles with Marriott for $20 million, the lawyers would get $8 million, leaving her with $12 million. And Erin's responsible for costs in preparing the case, which we're told could approach $1 million, leaving her with $11 million.
    Now the bad news. In cases where someone wins an award for emotional distress without any physical injuries, the award is taxable. So the $11 million becomes more like $6 million.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: darrell74

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

6 million is too much, the quality of her video is really bad, only 25mb, cant even see her nipples
    $6000 is enough for that garbage
    Points Awarded:

manny24 gave Scorpion 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

People are caught on camera being killed by police and they only get $6 million. I don't see how she even gets half of that amount, especially since she only make $400,000 a year.

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

Kash Register spent 34 years in prison after being wrongfully convicted of killing a man in West Los Angeles.
    He got only 16 million
    http://ktla.com/2016/01/19/l-a-agree...-convictions/#

this bitch gets 55 million for a lousy video, stupid judge

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    Kash Register spent 34 years in prison after being wrongfully convicted of killing a man in West Los Angeles.
    He got only 16 million

Wasnt the judge it was the jury

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by eidolon View Post
    People are caught on camera being killed by police and they only get $6 million. I don't see how she even gets half of that amount, especially since she only make $400,000 a year.
    the reason is the democrats being killed on film are DEAD.... they have no reputation as a national sportscaster that diminishes in value.

as they were generally theives, scumbags, and/or minimum wage workers, their lost income amounts to shit.... sometimes it's better to kill someone, economically for the perp, than it is to film them carrying out their narcissism by rubbin' their own ass, touching themselves, and dry humpin' air to fixate on their own ass.....

and, tho i haven't seen the verdict, I don't know if these are solely compensatory damages, or possibly some punitive damages as well. the latter being designed to punish the defendant for its conduct, and that type of award, designed to deter future bad conduct by the defendant in question, has to be a large number to make a large corporation like marriot feel the sting for its conduct that warranted the imposition of puni's

21Downtown21
    21Downtown21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1831

I would love to give her the high hard one!

freeVICK
    freeVICK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6483

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by freeVICK View Post
    $0.00

how much i'd pay to bang da bitch

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19428

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Rocket View Post
    Money, 55 mil is just a number on the paper for now...realistically she'll be very lucky if she sees anything close to 10 mil

Read this:

Erin Andrews won a spectacular victory in her peephole lawsuit, but her $55 million verdict is almost certainly going to get slashed many times over.
    Of the $55 million, she will never see a penny from pervert Michael Barrett, who is on the hook for $28 million. Marriott is responsible for the remaining $27 million.
    Marriott will almost certainly appeal the verdict, which then opens the door to settlement. There are compelling reasons why Erin might want to settle. It's a huge judgment when you consider there's no physical injury ... just emotional distress. An appeals court could overturn the verdict on grounds it's simply excessive. It's a crapshoot to go forward with an appeal ... for both sides.
    The legal experts we've spoken with all say the likelihood is the case will settle ... for somewhere around $20 million on Marriott's part.
    Now the lawyers' fees. In lawsuits where a case actually goes to trial, lawyers typically get around 40% of the recoverable judgment. So, if Erin settles with Marriott for $20 million, the lawyers would get $8 million, leaving her with $12 million. And Erin's responsible for costs in preparing the case, which we're told could approach $1 million, leaving her with $11 million.
    Now the bad news. In cases where someone wins an award for emotional distress without any physical injuries, the award is taxable. So the $11 million becomes more like $6 million.

I like this post.
    Answers most of my questions.

Other questions:
    Heard 75 million was asked, # is now 55-why 20 mil drop?
    How did they come up with # in the first place?
    Can Michael Barrett file bankruptcy and not owe a penny?
    Just curios. Anyone?

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

RR - Thanks for the post. I didn't think an attorney's contingency rate would be that high? Furthermore, I wonder if anyone helped Andrews with the discussion of attorney fees etc? You don't necessarily have to go the contingency route. Regardless, still surprised a strong firm would even attempt to back this case?

This jury seemed to be overly sympathetic. Andrews emotions were fake. Great acting job.

Never once did she EVER... EVER break down with emotions on LIVE TV giving an interview.

Did she even ask for a leave of absence from FOX SPORTS? I didn't see anything in writing.

Just a train wreck of bullsh#$.

Quote Originally Posted by darrell74 View Post

I like this post.
    Answers most of my questions.

Other questions:
    Heard 75 million was asked, # is now 55-why 20 mil drop?
    How did they come up with # in the first place?
    Can Michael Barrett file bankruptcy and not owe a penny?
    Just curios. Anyone?
    From his income per year to debt ratio.... if he is in the negative.... he can wash the entire judgement away free and clear 100%.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    He got only 16 million

Never seen one anywhere near that large, Ive heard of guys doing 20+ and maybe getting a couple mil.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Never seen one anywhere near that large, Ive heard of guys doing 20+ and maybe getting a couple mil.
    Yeah, I've seen them figure it out that a wrongly imprisoned man gets around $60,000 for every year.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Rocket View Post

Read this:

damn that doesn't even factor in an appeal which I would assume is coming. I haven't seen it but I read after the trial jurors came up to her and got autographs lol

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

"She deserves it. She was violated." -- The Giant

LOL!

Only a dork on sbr could think that "she deserves it, she was violated."

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32319

Just read where the guy who shot the video is a broke dik fuk, pretty much doesn't have a pot to piss in, if Andrews goes after him she'll be lucky to get 10 percent of his future earnings at best which = not much.

Courts found the dude 51 percent responsible and the Management group that ran the hotel for Marriott 49 percent responsible.
    Here's the thing, Marriott is on the hook for nothing, their name is on the hotel, it's not run by them. and the people who run that particular hotel ain't worth much in the corporate world ain't worth that much either.

So, looks like both law camps from both side, will huddle up and decide on a number far, far less than the 55 million.
    More like 10 million, of which the 1/2 of that (5 million) the hotel management is responsible for. Factor in lawyers take, etc. etc. Andrews walks away with 2 million max. Then Uncle Sam takes some of that from poor violated Erin, and now Erin is really violated.

She'll be lucky to clear a million.

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

Quote Originally Posted by 21Downtown21 View Post
    I would love to give her the high hard one!
    21er in a couple years when the 6M is gone you might just get your chance

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

erin doesn't have anything on hogan who was awarded $155 mil! lol

https://www.yahoo.com/news/latest-cl...134446468.html

LordVodka
    LordVodka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

WOW Hogan won that? Holy shit? That's amazing. Does Gawker even have that kind of money?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11790

Well that will work.. 6 million can go along way.. More then she would have made in years and years of work...

She deserves it though.. She really was violated.. Waking up one day and seeing nude pics of yourself all over the internet would ruin most women in the media industry..

First 123