face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

direct bet

Is this a good bitcoin book? So far they have sent my winning bitcoin wagers to my bitcoin wallet, and I am really enjoying the instantaneous nature of the settlements. The odds are not the greatest there, but I refuse to use bitcoin books where you have to deposit, I much prefer the ones where you get the bitcoins back to your own wallet.

Questions:
    Live betting there? Trust it? The lines are always shaded to one side, and many times they only offer the high chalk side.
    What potential problems should I be aware of with this book?

Also I think this book picks sided they like, which i might be able to use as a reference. For example, I was considering betting on NFL jets vs bills, and I kept pressing the jets side, but bills would be the ticket that came up, not jets. Could be just a coincidence, but it has happened a few times, and also sometimes when you choose a side (that perhaps they aren`t thrilled with), a weird FAQ page will come up to distract you perhaps, and not the game/side ticket that you had hoped for. I can do with a little bit of shenanigans, but not too much.

Any tips or stories?

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15350

Quote Originally Posted by face View Post
    Is this a good bitcoin book? So far they have sent my winning bitcoin wagers to my bitcoin wallet, and I am really enjoying the instantaneous nature of the settlements. The odds are not the greatest there, but I refuse to use bitcoin books where you have to deposit, I much prefer the ones where you get the bitcoins back to your own wallet.

Questions:
    Live betting there? Trust it? The lines are always shaded to one side, and many times they only offer the high chalk side.
    What potential problems should I be aware of with this book?

Also I think this book picks sided they like, which i might be able to use as a reference. For example, I was considering betting on NFL jets vs bills, and I kept pressing the jets side, but bills would be the ticket that came up, not jets. Could be just a coincidence, but it has happened a few times, and also sometimes when you choose a side (that perhaps they aren`t thrilled with), a weird FAQ page will come up to distract you perhaps, and not the game/side ticket that you had hoped for. I can do with a little bit of shenanigans, but not too much.

Any tips or stories?
    Some of the following is copied from what I previously posted.

DirectBet uses the "back" odds from Betfair adding more take out. There is a minimum amount needed at Betfair for DirectBet to put up a line. Many times there aren't lines up on one side or both since lines are dependent upon lines at an exchange. The lines at DirectBet aren't competitive in American markets.

With deposit books when a bet is placed , the player gets notice if the bet is accepted or rejected in a short period of time, instant or a short delay to prevent steam plays. With DirectBet confirmation of accepting/rejecting a bet isn't made until the time the money leaves the players wallet until it reaches DirectBet's wallet.

Most of the time this is immediate but there is also the possibility of not knowing if a bet is accepted or rejected for an hour or more. While this hasn't happened for a while, 5-6 months ago confirmations were delayed on a daily basis. Most of the time it was due to the site going up and down, but it can be from any delay in DirectBet receiving a bet after coins leaving the player's wallet.

There is one case where DirectBet confiscated money from a player. DirectBet confiscated the wager along with winnings. DirectBet claimed the player hacked their system and it seems the deposit/bet, along with winnings, was confiscated as a type of punishment.

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15350

Quote Originally Posted by face View Post

Any tips or stories?
    DirectBet has an option where you can place a bet in the normal way or use what they call "negotiate odds". The FAQ page pops up because DirectBet wants to steer you to using the "negotiate odds".

"Negotiate odds" just means that your bet stands at the odds you want to accept, the same as it would using an exchange. Be careful if you use this option in live betting. Your offer stands even if there is a score.
    Last edited by raiders72001; 12-30-15 at 09:53 AM.
    Points Awarded:

face gave raiders72001 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

Very helpful, raiders, tyvm

thespeculator
    thespeculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13168

I have used them only for soccer . They have always paid within 10 minutes of final. My largest payout was 5 bitcoin.

For pre game bets go with nitrogen