TheSideBet
    TheSideBet's Avatar Become A Pro!

ALABAMA opens up as only a TD favorite @ Miss State?? Let's discuss this.

How do the Bulldogs stay within double digits?

Fairly weak schedule so far for Miss St has boosted their numbers and that isn't saying very much.

Dak Prescott IS the offense for them both passing and leading rusher. Bulldogs are banged up on defensive secondary and already giving up 167 yards rushing from a weak front seven. They do have a big physical WR in D Wilson who is their go to guy once in the red zone but the Bama DBs showed they aren't as soft as once thought this season.

This should be one of the easiest plays of the weekend coming up.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

On road anything can happen

lol it is college football

look at scores weekly

Dr Nostron
    Dr Nostron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10978

Let down spot against best QB in SEC on the road?

or Bama too good

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Mississippi State is rounding into form. They're a good team. Let's not underestimate how hard it is to play after a physical and emotional game like the LSU/Bama game.

TheSideBet

I can't see the let down factor playing in with this Saban coached team. Hear so much about shutting out the noise and the use of sports psychologists and you notice the discipline of the players at the press conferences before and after big games. This is a big time program familiar with these situations, not like most.

Let's look at the teams goals and trend right now. Mississippi State is a good team but matchup wise here, outclassed. It's Dak or nothing and he has beaten an overvalued Kentucky team and Missouri along with Northwestern State and lost to A&M and LSU. Alabama meanwhile know they are back in the driver's seat to get to Atlanta and beyond. They are hungry and came together in the LSU game sort of like they did in that A&M game last season or their run last year with the overtime win in Death Valley then turned around the next week and beat Miss State while they were on top of the world. So I can't see a let down feeling here.

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

Ms state is good. Should be a close game. I say the line is just right. I think bama wins by 6, but wouldn't touch this game.
    Arky+8 better play in my opinion
    Points Awarded:

Da Manster! gave cant call it 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Da Manster!

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2774

Quote Originally Posted by cant call it View Post
    Ms state is good. Should be a close game. I say the line is just right. I think bama wins by 6, but wouldn't touch this game.
    Arky+8 better play in my opinion
    totally agree, can't call it...those were the two games that I'm thinking about teasing!...

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cowbells and mobile qb... Prescott is no joke his team just inst as good as last year he's still a stud though

Renegades
    Renegades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22206

Bama struggles with spread teams and running qb's- be careful here

Memento
    Short Term Memory Loss Required
    Memento's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 474

Home game...mobile QB....spread offense that bama struggled with against OM and TENN...emotional game playing for fallen team mate. If Dak had some help in the backfield running the ball, I would play State, He can't do all the running and win this game...or can he?? fuk it, idk who wins this game.

TheSideBet

Quote Originally Posted by Renegades View Post
    Bama struggles with spread teams and running qb's- be careful here
    Yes they have, but this year they are built a bit more different and have corrected some of those issues. Dak is more of a zone and option threat and not an extend the play and scramble to throw for plays. He was shut down last season and they schemed him to make bad decisions with the ball if you revisit those stat lines. This season (week 2) saw LSU hold him out of the end zone until late second half. He threw for 335 yard but on over 50 attempts.

Lastly you have to factor in the dominance and depth of the Bama defensive line that will weigh on them late. Oh, and a guy named Henry who will have a say so in the game as well. LSU only passed for 71 yards or so and won and that was before the bulldogs lost two secondary starters to season ending injuries.

jjgold

This is going to be a close call men don't fall for the trap

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

Easy. you can beat Alabama through the air and Miss State has a good qb. Road game against a good team. Miss State could very easily not just cover but win the game. Alabama isn't invincible. They lost to Ole Miss and escaped Ark and Tenn at home.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

NONE of you have mentioned the driving force that will be behind Miss. State on Saturday. A year ago at this time, Miss. State is undefeated and the #1 team in the nation. They go to Tuscaloosa and 'Bama beats them. Good bye #1. Good bye season. Alabama goes to the playoff and gets their asses kicked by Ohio State. Now the shoe is on the other foot. Miss. State would love to return the favor, and NO ONE in the SEC is a Top 4 team, Alabama included. Either take State and the points or pass.

dmncnlou
    dmncnlou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9993

Cut it out. Nobody with a brain thinks Mississippi State will win this game. Mississippi St winning would be the equivalent of the Orlando Magic defeating the San Antonio Spurs.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Quote Originally Posted by dmncnlou View Post
    Cut it out. Nobody with a brain thinks Mississippi State will win this game. Mississippi St winning would be the equivalent of the Orlando Magic defeating the San Antonio Spurs.
    If anyone is missing a brain sir, it is you. Stick to hoops.

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2774

you are full of caca re malaka!

dmncnlou

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    If anyone is missing a brain sir, it is you. Stick to hoops.
    Ok genius. Stop trying to brain wash this board . The programs are on 2 totally different levels and in noway shape or form will Alabama lose to Mississippi St.

leetreaper
    leetreaper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2140

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Alabama has a big game every week. Not sure how they keep bringing it every week with a schlub at quarterback

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

The programs can be on 2 different levels and the program on the higher level can rightfully be favored by 7 points on the road. Especially in the SEC. A 7 point favorite on the road is the books telling you that the road team is much better than the home team. It's a huge number.

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

Quote Originally Posted by Memento View Post
    Home game...mobile QB....spread offense that bama struggled with against OM and TENN...emotional game playing for fallen team mate. If Dak had some help in the backfield running the ball, I would play State, He can't do all the running and win this game...or can he?? fuk it, idk who wins this game.
    See -Cam Newton- 2010

TheSideBet

Line up to -8 this morning.

I just cannot buy into all the generic let down theories with this program. Ole Miss was still talking about the Bama win weeks after and yes, that program suffered from the ego and lack of focus on the goals. Nick Saban has been doing this too long to let it sink in with his locker room and I've heard the team leaders like Cyrus Jones and Ragland deflecting all the outside noise. They are focused.

This game plan will be tailored to take away Prescott. Kirby Smart auditioning for head coaching gig after this season finally so he will be on it. This comes down to the basics of football in my opinion. Alabama's 5 star guys trump Miss State's 3 and 4 star guys.

BamaCBass
    BamaCBass's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1841

Think Miss St first half is the play. Don't think I'd take Bama in this spot but their depth may allow them to pull away. I was all over Bama last week but no way could back them in this spot, regardless of outcome. Human nature simply does not allow you to be sky high one game and duplicate it the next.

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10464

alabama is to strong on D , look to the under

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 160

Quote Originally Posted by TheSideBet View Post
    How do the Bulldogs stay within double digits?

Fairly weak schedule so far for Miss St has boosted their numbers and that isn't saying very much.

Dak Prescott IS the offense for them both passing and leading rusher. Bulldogs are banged up on defensive secondary and already giving up 167 yards rushing from a weak front seven. They do have a big physical WR in D Wilson who is their go to guy once in the red zone but the Bama DBs showed they aren't as soft as once thought this season.

This should be one of the easiest plays of the weekend coming up.
    its a let down spot for bama after big gm

dmncnlou

Game over!

bob6199
    bob6199's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2477

PPL actually thought Mississippi ST could hang with Bama. . Got Bama in some 2-3 team ML parlay's right now, looking good.

jjgold

Bama has too many pros thats the issue

They wear you down

TheSideBet

This is what it looks like to be #Processed by Alabama
    Attached Images  

TheSideBet

I sincerely hope everyone made this money today riding the eventual National Champions. They look unbeatable, too much talent and depth across the board.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Quote Originally Posted by TheSideBet View Post
    I sincerely hope everyone made this money today riding the eventual National Champions. They look unbeatable, too much talent and depth across the board.
    SideBet, how much did u haul on the Elephant? Tell me it was at least a dime. Let me live again.

TheSideBet

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    SideBet, how much did u haul on the Elephant? Tell me it was at least a dime. Let me live again.
    Only $500. Kicked myself halfway through that I didn't go 10 units on it. Make it up to you though if they are anything less than 16 in the Iron Bowl.
    Points Awarded:

ChuckyTheGoat gave TheSideBet 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

ChuckyTheGoat

Cool, side-bet. Nickel is a good score!

ChuckyTheGoat

Side-bet, i thought MissSt was garbage all year long. Like u say, pretty much a 1-man team.

Good luck, pal.

12 Last