recon1
    Yep
    recon1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5637

Cut the shit, Black coaches do not win at higher rate than Non-black…..

Does anybody know where a database can be found that shows black HC Vs. non-black?

No PC bullshit in this thread, this is about making $ and facts is all i want.

Today was proof with Purdue lose and yesterday with Coach strong at Texas.

After week 1 most experienced investors don't unleash the dollars till a feel is established and with that said, once again let's either find a database or accumulate one here.

trobin31
    trobin31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10218

I know this guy, name is mandingo

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10986

No, but I bet they fuk your girlfriend at a much higher clip...

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

Black Head Coaches suck. Here are their results week 1:

2015 ATS and ML:

James Franklin (Penn State) - LOSS Game. Lost Spread
    Charlie Strong (Texas) - LOSS Game. Lost Spread
    Darren Hazell (Purdue) - LOSS Game. Lost Spread
    Curtis Johnson (Tulane) - LOSS Game. Lost Spread
    Mike London (Virginia) - LOSS Game. Lost Spread
    Derek Mason (Vanderbilt) LOSS Game. Won spread
    Ruffin McNeil (East Carolina) Won Game. Lost Spread
    Trent Miles (Georgia State) LOSS Game. Lost Spread
    Dino Babers (Bowling Green) Loss Game. Lost Spread
    David Shaw (Stanford) - LOSS Game. Lost Spread
    Kevin Sumlin (Texas AM) - Won Game. Won Spread
    Willie Taggart (South Florida) - Won Game. Won Spread
    Paul Haynes (Kent State) - LOSS Game. Lost Spread

ATS: 3-10
    ML: 3-10

Caveat: Willie Taggart defeated Florida A&M (which is an FCS team with a black coach). If you dont count him, black coaches went 2-10 ML and 2-10 Spread vs white coaches this week

If I'm missing any other black head coaches, put them in there. I got the list from this article (and it left out Paul Haynes at Kent State).

http://newpittsburghcourieronline.co...econd-chances/
    Last edited by Plaza23; 09-06-15 at 10:51 PM.

recon1
    Yep

Plaza, that's the evidence i'm talking about. Those numbers should be accessible to all sports investors. Should be apart of the criteria entered into a database of computers that give results to games. I'll bet Billy Walters has this as one of his data entries.
    Anyway to get results for last 10 years or so?

Plaza23

You can go here and look up each year's teams:

http://www.covers.com/pageLoader/pag...standings.html

2014 ATS and ML:

Penn State: 6-6-1 and 7-6
    Texas: 7-6 and 6-7
    Purdue: 6-5-1 and 3-9
    Tulane: 4-8 and 3-9
    Virginia: 7-4-1 and 5-7
    Vanderbilt: 6-6 and 3-9
    East Carolina 5-8 and 8-5
    Georgia State: 5-7 and 1-11
    Stanford: 7-6 and 8-5
    Texas AM: 5-8 and 8-5
    Bowling Green: 5-8-1 and 8-6
    South Florida: 6-6 and 4-8
    Kent State: 5-6 and 2-9

ATS: 74-84-4
    ML: 66-96
    Last edited by Plaza23; 09-06-15 at 10:36 PM.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Here we go.

Plaza23

2013: ATS and ML

James Franklin (Vanderbilt): 7-6 and 9-4
    Charlie Strong (Louisville) : 6-7 and 12-1
    Darren Hazell (Purdue): 3-8-1 and 1-11
    Curtis Johnson (Tulane): 9-4 and 7-6
    Ron English (Eastern Michigan):2-10 and 2-10 - FIRED
    Garrick McGee (UAB): 4-8 and 2-10 - FIRED
    Mike London (Virginia): 5-6-1 and 2-10
    Ruffin McNeil (East Carolina): 7-6 and 10-3
    Trent Miles (Georgia State): 8-3-1 and 0-12
    David Shaw (Stanford): 7-7 and 11-3
    Kevin Sumlin (Texas AM): 5-8 and 9-4
    Willie Taggart (South Florida): 5-7 and 2-10
    Paul Haynes (Kent State): 4-8 and 4-8

ATS: 72-88-3
    ML: 71-92

Last edited by Plaza23; 09-06-15 at 10:52 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: recon1

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

did you just now figure this out? Taggart had some good years at WKU and Franklin hit it just right with the SEC East being bad when he was there. Strong had a lottery ticket in Teddy Bridgewater cashed. Garrick McGee is at UL now as the OC. Shaw seems to get worse the more he coaches. Mike London is a classic underachiever. Ron English had a **** job. He's a solid DC.

Plaza23

2012 ATS & ML

James Franklin (Vanderbilt): 9-4 and 9-4

Charlie Strong (Louisville) : 6-7 and 11-2
    Darren Hazell (Kent State): 10-3-1 and 11-3
    Curtis Johnson (Tulane): 7-5 and 2-10
    Ron English (Eastern Michigan):4-8 and 2-10
    Garrick McGee (UAB): 5-7 and 3-9
    Jon Embree (Colorado): 3-9 and 1-11- FIRED
    Joker Phillips (Kentucky): 3-9 and 2-10 - FIRED
    DeWayne Walker (New Mexico State): 4-8 and 1-11 - FIRED
    Mike London (Virginia): 2-9-1 and 4-8
    Ruffin McNeil (East Carolina): 6-7 and 8-5
    David Shaw (Stanford): 9-5 and 12-2
    Kevin Sumlin (Texas AM): 8-5 and 11-2
    Willie Taggart (Western Kentucky): 8-5 and 7-6

ATS: 84- 91 - 2
    ML: 84 - 93
    Last edited by Plaza23; 09-06-15 at 11:50 PM.

Plaza23

2011 ATS & ML

James Franklin (Vanderbilt): 9-4 and 6-7

Charlie Strong (Louisville) : 8-5 and 7-6
    Darren Hazell (Kent State): 5-7 and 5-7
    Ron English (Eastern Michigan):7-5 and 6-6
    Turner Gill (Kansas): 6-6 and 2-10 FIRED
    Everett Withers (North Carolina): 6-7 and 7-6 FIRED
    Mike London (Virginia): 6-7 and 8-5
    Larry Porter (Memphis): 4-7-1 and 2-10 FIRED
    Ruffin McNeil (East Carolina): 7-5 and 5-7
    Mike Locksley (New Mexico): 6-6 and 1-11 FIRED
    Jon Embree (Colorado): 4-9 and 3-10
    Joker Phillips (Kentucky): 6-6 and 5-7
    DeWayne Walker (New Mexico State): 8-5 and 4-9
    David Shaw (Stanford): 11-2 and 11-2
    Kevin Sumlin (Houston): 11-3 and 13-1
    Willie Taggart (Western Kentucky): 10-2 and 7-5

ATS: 114 - 86-1
    ML: 92 - 109
    Last edited by Plaza23; 09-06-15 at 11:43 PM.

Plaza23

Its been all downhill for black coaches since 2011. And the ML is simply awful across the board. If you need a team to just win the game, dont bet on a black coach.

ZINISTER
    ZINISTER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4786

Interesting! I often wondered how they were fairing in the coaching ranks over the years. I also enjoy knowing the FACTS. I also know when presenting the facts to dumb fuk people it has no effect on their preception of the situation. Only certain people will benefit from this info, Thanks!

MeatWad
    MeatWad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 221

Are any black coaches breaking through the Good Ole Boy network of white coaching staffs at top tier, big budget universities. Looks like Charlie Strong is the only one working at a top tier program with resources to compete. I just don't see how genes which control for the expression of melanin in epidermis cells has any affect on ability to cover a spread as a coach of an NCAAF game. About the only conclusion I make when I see a person of color, is that their ancient ancestors must have evolved in a sunny area and thus alleles promoting darker skin pigmentation were selected to protect against mutation causing UV rays of the sun.

Seems like sloppy, correlation over causation type of handicapping. To me, handicapping involves much more nuanced observations of more subtle yet complex causal factors. Its a lifestyle and immersion into these details that make winners who wouldn't be caught dead owning an alarm clock or calling another man boss.

recon1
    Yep

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Here we go.

J, I know what your thinking and this is not "that" we just want facts in order to better invest our money. That simple.

recon1
    Yep

Quote Originally Posted by Plaza23 View Post
    Its been all downhill for black coaches since 2011. And the ML is simply awful across the board. If you need a team to just win the game, dont bet on a black coach.
    This looks to be a solid investing fact. Maybe somehow work these facts into an equation. i will have to think of value etc. to have this as an input.

recon1
    Yep

Quote Originally Posted by MeatWad View Post
    Are any black coaches breaking through the Good Ole Boy network of white coaching staffs at top tier, big budget universities. Looks like Charlie Strong is the only one working at a top tier program with resources to compete. I just don't see how genes which control for the expression of melanin in epidermis cells has any affect on ability to cover a spread as a coach of an NCAAF game. About the only conclusion I make when I see a person of color, is that their ancient ancestors must have evolved in a sunny area and thus alleles promoting darker skin pigmentation were selected to protect against mutation causing UV rays of the sun.

Seems like sloppy, correlation over causation type of handicapping. To me, handicapping involves much more nuanced observations of more subtle yet complex causal factors. Its a lifestyle and immersion into these details that make winners who wouldn't be caught dead owning an alarm clock or calling another man boss.
    Your comment is definition of 'Paralysis of analysis'

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10986

Looking at the ML is an awful way to adequately prove your point. The majority of black coaches are coaching shit football schools that do not put a premium on football. Out of all the schools you've shown, how many have had a winning tradition? The only school I see is Texas, maybe Houston and Louisville (which was very successful under Strong). Every other school including Stanford (take out Andrew Luck) has been a cellar dweller. White coaches have been fukking up for years and they always find a way to fail forward. Charlie Weiss was still being paid by 3 teams after he was canned by all 3 of them. Black coaches don't get second chances. The second and third chances is when you learn and have the most success. You're cherry picking black coaches who none have had on the job experience at top tiered schools because schools won't give them 2nd chances.

Look at Florida, Charlie Strong was one of the greatest assistant coaches at Florida. Had tremendous success as a HC but they gave the job to Muschump, who had ZERO experience, was a Georgia Bulldawg for Christ sakes.

but carry on with your flawed point.

MeatWad

Quote Originally Posted by recon1 View Post
    Your comment is definition of 'Paralysis of analysis'
    Winning handicapping involves a paralyzing amount of analysis. When I bet a game, I could literally ramble on for 2-3 pages of reasoning. The more you analyze the more you are able to elucidate causal relationships and understand their significance in a given context. It is laborious and time consuming to read and analyze soo much about a sport, but to beat the markets it helps to understand them better than the coin flippers who forgo hours of actually trying to figure out how and why a team is a good or bad value.

Your comments remind me of a Huge $50 NFL Winning Trends book I bought as a teenager, about as good as a horoscope in addressing the relevant causal and predictive variables. The books a little dusty now, but I will sell it for $5.

terrortwylight
    Get Action
    terrortwylight's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 756

keep the PC bullshit out of here, please.

this is good information, thank you. in this forum where the emphasis is supposed to be completely on making money and becoming better handicappers, let's not debate the 'why'. i mean, you can if you want, but what the fuk is the point here?

recon1
    Yep

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Looking at the ML is an awful way to adequately prove your point. The majority of black coaches are coaching shit football schools that do not put a premium on football. Out of all the schools you've shown, how many have had a winning tradition? The only school I see is Texas, maybe Houston and Louisville (which was very successful under Strong). Every other school including Stanford (take out Andrew Luck) has been a cellar dweller. White coaches have been fukking up for years and they always find a way to fail forward. Charlie Weiss was still being paid by 3 teams after he was canned by all 3 of them. Black coaches don't get second chances. The second and third chances is when you learn and have the most success. You're cherry picking black coaches who none have had on the job experience at top tiered schools because schools won't give them 2nd chances.

Look at Florida, Charlie Strong was one of the greatest assistant coaches at Florida. Had tremendous success as a HC but they gave the job to Muschump, who had ZERO experience, was a Georgia Bulldawg for Christ sakes.

but carry on with your flawed point.
    Mac, you are trying to invent an excuse my friend. No coach starts off at Ohio State or Miami, all earn the wings and by early perception black head coaches are not earning the top spots.

recon1
    Yep

Quote Originally Posted by MeatWad View Post
    Winning handicapping involves a paralyzing amount of analysis. When I bet a game, I could literally ramble on for 2-3 pages of reasoning. The more you analyze the more you are able to elucidate causal relationships and understand their significance in a given context. It is laborious and time consuming to read and analyze soo much about a sport, but to beat the markets it helps to understand them better than the coin flippers who forgo hours of actually trying to figure out how and why a team is a good or bad value.

Your comments remind me of a Huge $50 NFL Winning Trends book I bought as a teenager, about as good as a horoscope in addressing the relevant causal and predictive variables. The books a little dusty now, but I will sell it for $5.
    Proven systems that you can strictly adhere to are the only winning formulations i know of. The equation of black HC Vs. non-black may be a valid input. I have a winning formulation I've used for years with a local that's not so local anymore, system is boring, but productie year in, year out. Then i play offshore to give the gambling bug a fix. I get to do what i want and take crazy risk. I spend more time capping games for the offshore than i do for system. Point and reason i mention this is, i could have saved a lot of time and energy if i simply looked at the Black HC Vs. non- black HC equation and nothing else. The preliminary findings are pretty much $ if you know how to use the information.

recon1
    Yep

Derek Mason Finds Missing Piece of Paper; Vandy Now Playoff Contender

"I had a sheet that I had been looking for for the last 18 months," Mason said. "Lo and behold, about two weeks ago, it popped up. I found it in my library of football books."
    What he found was a detailed list of game situations and what he should do in each of them. According to his timeline, he had it when he accepted the job at Vanderbilt last January (or shortly thereafter). He was without it, though, when the Commodores went 3-9 and failed to win an SEC game for the first time in five years.
    "I had already gone through that list and really remembered a couple of items on there that needed to be checked off," Mason said. "Now, I feel really good about what we're doing and where we're at."

http://www.foxsports.com/college-foo...ntender-090215

This is not a joke, can't make this stuff up if you wanted to!

MeatWad

The sample size is compiling. I noticed a poster keeps adding in past years. Its time consuming for me to get results that aren't as good as the black coach system. However, I don't have enough confidence to believe that a simple one variable method is predictive, but as you said it definitely is compelling as a valid input.

In past post I have actually commented on the race of coaches with the conclusion being it should be definitely be considered as a negative variable but I am surprised at the data and I never considered it to be among significant considerations. Maybe I am a nit, but unless I am overanalyzing a game well beyond just this one variable, I don't have the confidence to invest.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: recon1

MeatWad

Quote Originally Posted by recon1 View Post
    "I had a sheet that I had been looking for for the last 18 months," Mason said. "Lo and behold, about two weeks ago, it popped up. I found it in my library of football books."
    What he found was a detailed list of game situations and what he should do in each of them. According to his timeline, he had it when he accepted the job at Vanderbilt last January (or shortly thereafter). He was without it, though, when the Commodores went 3-9 and failed to win an SEC game for the first time in five years.
    "I had already gone through that list and really remembered a couple of items on there that needed to be checked off," Mason said. "Now, I feel really good about what we're doing and where we're at."

http://www.foxsports.com/college-foo...ntender-090215

This is not a joke, can't make this stuff up if you wanted to!
    How did this guy make it past the interview process at Vanderbilt, the best academic institution in the SEC? Even with their last black head coach Franklin, Vanderbilt was a team that massively underperformed at times, especially in 2012-13 when they had all the returners and a talented D, but never lived up to my expectations/valuation of them.
    Points Awarded:

recon1 gave MeatWad 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Plaza23

It takes knowledge to coach football, does it not? I think we all can agree that you have to have some brain power to be a football coach, diagram plays, make adjustments, implement strategic motives. etc.

There's nobody here that would bet on a black student getting a higher SAT or ACT score than a white student, if you knew nothing about them other than their skin color. White and Asians score much higher on all standardized tests. They go to college more frequently. They get better grades than blacks.

So if we are willing to bet that whites are smarter than blacks (a rather easy bet), then shouldnt it play out too that white coaches would be smarter than black coaches - and thus have an edge. And you can see it in the results. You'd think the dumb black coach theory would be priced into the spread, but it apparently hasnt been since black coaches have been getting dominated the last 3 years.

My theory is that GOOD football coaching requires being analytical and smart. Black people in general are not as smart as white people. Therefore in a white coach vs black coach matchup - the white coach has the edge.

terrortwylight
    Get Action

It takes knowledge to coach football, does it not? I think we all can agree that you have to have some brain power to be a football coach, diagram plays, make adjustments, implement strategic motives. etc.

There's nobody here that would bet on a black student getting a higher SAT or ACT score than a white student, if you knew nothing about them other than their skin color. White and Asians score much higher on all standardized tests. They go to college more frequently. They get better grades than blacks.

So if we are willing to bet that whites are smarter than blacks (a rather easy bet), then shouldnt it play out too that white coaches would be smarter than black coaches - and thus have an edge. And you can see it in the results. You'd think the dumb black coach theory would be priced into the spread, but it apparently hasnt been since black coaches have been getting dominated the last 3 years.

My theory is that GOOD football coaching requires being analytical and smart. Black people in general are not as smart as white people. Therefore in a white coach vs black coach matchup - the white coach has the edge.
    Wow.

gs
    gs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4059

So how is it that tomlin from Steelers has won a superbowl and continues to win in the nfl if he lacks the analytical skills because he is black. Or how can sumlin beat saban.
    Points Awarded:

terrortwylight gave gs 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: terrortwylight

gs

You think parcels sucked as a coach in Dallas or was it that he lacked the players. Strong in texas inherited an awful team left by a white legendary coach. Harbaug had Andrew luck a once in a lifetime recruit and Shaw has Hogan. Point is players make coaches look good and without them they suck.

gs

If your to dumb to realize that than good luck.

terrortwylight
    Get Action

Quote Originally Posted by gs View Post
    You think parcels sucked as a coach in Dallas or was it that he lacked the players. Strong in texas inherited an awful team left by a white legendary coach. Harbaug had Andrew luck a once in a lifetime recruit and Shaw has Hogan. Point is players make coaches look good and without them they suck.
    ding ding ding

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

What is there about 12 black coaches, its funny when Stanford coach was only losing 2 games a year nobody congratulated him here but always nitpicked the 1 or 2 losses he had like the Michigan State game in the bowl. You guys need to stop, if there are only about 12 black coaches and most at programs that arnt good then there seems to leave well over 100 white coaches and yes you guessed it most of them have very bad records. Difference is they are given time, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th chances to succeed. Black coach with white qb and white qb throws 4 ints, and lose the game, blame the black coach, white coach with black qb and black qb scores 4 tds but lose the game, blame the black qb. Yesterday Purdue loses, white qb throws 4 ints, blame the black coach for awful play calling, nevermind the fact that John Shoop the white offensive coordinator is calling the plays. Lets just blame LeBron for it all and call it a day.
    Last edited by jtoler; 09-07-15 at 04:52 PM.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave jtoler 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Blaker88
    Blaker88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1561

Investing your money depending on the race of a head coach... I think you may need a new financial advisor buddy.

sandman0713
    sandman0713's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 673

I completely hate the pc crap...but this post makes me want to throw up. White people like myself have been given much more opportunity over the years...in coaching, college, and really life in general. I can name several shitty white coaches for every shitty black coach on that list...and based on the above post I would bet on any of them on that list being smarter than you.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: terrortwylight

terpkeg
    terpkeg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2410

So if black coaches hit at the same rate ATS as they have since the start of 2011 this season and I start betting against them from this point forward, I will return what percent of my investment????

I'm going to jump on this right now! We should probably delete this thread before the cats out of the bag and all my profits are sucked out of the lines.

123 Last