EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hindsight, should have done both overs and at least split.
    🐷

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

w00t needed this for the over

EaglesPhan36

One game now Andy. Quite dazzled by him getting a set. Did not think he had a chance.

EaglesPhan36

6.6.15....ATP French Open
    Dubs: Bryans/Dodig-Melo Over
    *Not sure of the # or if I will be awake, but I like this one to go overs/3 sets.

brodie
    you got the juice now
    brodie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 416

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    *Not sure of the # or if I will be awake, but I like this one to go overs/3 sets.
    you're gonna sit here with a straight face and bet a doubles total?

EaglesPhan36

Sorry it's no -500 sure thing. I'll try to find a lock 👅

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

How bout quit being a puss wagon and just take the Bryans straight up

SlimZ
    SlimZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8320

EP.. Williams/Saf o21.5 -113 should be a good one..I'm on it

GL

brodie
    you got the juice now

Sorry it's no -500 sure thing. I'll try to find a lock 
    was I wrong? don't worry it's not too late... you can take him against stan at -700 and still make some free change

EaglesPhan36

LoL you're ridiculous brodie, a powerful and attractive male, but ridiculous.

EaglesPhan36

Dubs: Bryans/Dodig-Melo Over 22.5 @ -110

EaglesPhan36

Chicken Dinner. Much easier than watching a five setter with -500 on the line.

EaglesPhan36

2015 Profit Margin: +6.60
    2015 Futures: +1.95

EaglesPhan36

Quote Originally Posted by GoBlue77 View Post
    How bout quit being a puss wagon and just take the Bryans straight up
    Yeah I want to sweat a -300 line in a third set that might go to a TB.

EaglesPhan36

6.7.15...ATP French Open
    Wawrinka +2.5 Sets @ -140

frugalgambler
    frugalgambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

Props for reminding me that Bryans are not nearly as good on clay; might have been one the few times I actually bet doubles and won.

EaglesPhan36

In general this year, they have dropped off. If you have a book that allows for dubs totals or some sort of spread for dubs you can make a lot of coin going against the Bryans with the right teams. They still play a lot of tight sets where it can come down to a tie break and backing them at huge prices in that position is tough.

frugalgambler
    frugalgambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

Neither 5d nor BM offer spreads/totals for doubles. Which book do you use EP ?

I just took Melo/Dodig ML. I figured a Brazilian vs Bryans on clay might just work out. Not that Melo is Guga but still

EaglesPhan36

2015 Profit Margin: +7.10

Can't remember the last time I did fairly well at Roland Garros. Nice ending to the tournament. Grass courts coming up!

EaglesPhan36

Quote Originally Posted by brodie View Post
    was I wrong? don't worry it's not too late... you can take him against stan at -700 and still make some free change
    Sooner or later "free money" gets you bit.

brodie
    you got the juice now

Sooner or later "free money" gets you bit.
    Kick me when im down EP I see you. Im working today so i couldnt hedge either. The worst part is that I was so confident he was going to win I placed a huge bet on the cavs to cover tonight because I thought I'd be playing with profit. Crazy how the line opened at -700 for a finals match and the dog still won. So fuking easy to me to hedge prematch but arrogance got the best of me. I sincerely thought nove was taking all 4 slams this year

EaglesPhan36

Oh holy shit dude. I did not think you actually made that, thought it was just a suggestion. Yuck.

Sorry for your loss, but from a bettors standpoint I hope the bookies got beat by a lot of Stan bets so they'll quit with these ridiculous lines.

Hardcoar
    Curious Nick and Tenacious Kokk
    Hardcoar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4615

Quote Originally Posted by brodie View Post
    Kick me when im down EP I see you. Im working today so i couldnt hedge either. The worst part is that I was so confident he was going to win I placed a huge bet on the cavs to cover tonight because I thought I'd be playing with profit. Crazy how the line opened at -700 for a finals match and the dog still won. So fuking easy to me to hedge prematch but arrogance got the best of me. I sincerely thought nove was taking all 4 slams this year
    I doubt anybody actually thought Wawrinka was more likely to win, but he was never without chance. You must realize that, and try to be more humble when approaching these things (it's possible that you were but just didn't convey it in your posts, in that case move along), if nothing else then for the sake of your own betting performance.

I wish you the very best of luck!

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

Ok EP. On to the grass. Please tell me your betting Felicity to win every tourney but wimby. And don't forget about Mahut, becker either..Dam why did X man retire!!

EaglesPhan36

Be nice for Flodonis to GAF again.

EaglesPhan36

Topshelf Open
    This tournament has seen six different winners in the past six years with David Ferrer as the only multiple winner since 2008 as he also won the tournament in 2012. Already there has been some shuffling with Jo-Wilfried Tsonga choosing to skip this week due to an abdominal injury suffered in the French Open. He was set to be the top seed. With his withdraw, David Goffin is the highest seed and a debutant at this tournament. Following Goffin are Roberto Bautista-Agut as the third seed and defending champ, Guillermo Garcia-Lopez as the 4th seed and Ivo Karlovic as the 5th seed. Karlovic was slotted into Tsonga's spot in the draw with the shake-up.

Being a 250 level tournament, there are always surprises. Over the past four years, nine of the 16 semifinalists spots have been claimed by an unseeded player. Since 2009, four of the six Champions at the Topshelf Open have been unseeded. So there's a good possibility that come Sunday, we'll be seeing at least one non-seed involved in the Final. With that in mind, let's take a look at the dangerous floaters out there that don't have a number attached to their names this week.

Lleyton Hewitt
    A no-brainer as Hewitt has been one of the legendary players of this generation on grass courts. He took a wild card into this tournament & brings a career winning percentage on grass at the ATP level of 77% at 128-38. Even into his 30s, he has continued to be a threat on this surface with a title last year in Newport. He does have a tough draw. After facing a qualifier TBD in his opener, he would be slated to take on defending Champion Bautista-Agut. RBA is still a relative novice on this surface though at 15-7 in his career. He is 7-1 at this tournament the last two years, so he will be a tough out. Still, his level of play this season has been somewhat tame. Hewitt will have a definite chance and you can expect him to be motivated as usual.

Yen-Hsun Lu
    Rendy Lu will always be brought up in the grass court conversation as far as upsets due to his marvelous 2010 Wimbledon run that saw him through to the quarters. Still, he's only 29-34 on this surface. He does in general give a good effort at smaller tournaments on grass like this though. He faces the 8th seed Adrian Mannarino to open. Mannarino made the 4th round at Wimbledon back in 2013, so he's no slouch on the surface. Neither has a fantastic track record at this tournament with Lu 1-2 in main draws & Mannarino at 0-2. If Lu can slip through this opener, he's in the part of the draw with Hewitt & the rollercoaster ride that is Benoit Paire that could produce an unseeded semifinalist.

Jurgen Melzer
    You will notice the trend continuing here. Veteran players with experience on grass who know what to expect form the surface. Melzer is in the bottom quarter with seeds David Goffin, and Sousa. He opens with a qualifier and then would see Goffin in the 2nd round. Goffin has yet to figure out grass with a 7-11 mark and just one main draw win on the surface since 2012. Melzer meanwhile comes in at a 55% win rate on grass. Last year at Wimbledon, he stretched Tsonga to five sets and made the semis of this tournament, losing to eventual champ RBA in a third set tie break. It won't be easy, but his experience could put him deep again at this tournament with a decent draw.

Qualifiers
    The final round of qualifying takes place on Monday as the main draw begins, so this is a bit of a crapshoot to outline anyone who might make noise here. Still, let's take a look at the potential if they can get into the main draw.

Nicolas Mahut or Kenny de Schepper
    It's an all-French final qualifier and either of these guys will make for a tricky out in the 1R. de Schepper is 29-14 on grass & has proven his mettle on grass with a 4th round showing at Wimbledon in 2013 and a quarterfinal appearance at Queen's Club last year. Mahut has always enjoyed some positive results on grass, especially in the smaller tournaments like this where he's already won once. He is 7-1 in main draw matches at the Topshelf Open and has beaten de Schepper three of four times they have met.

Jan Hernych

The German has always been a danger on grass when the pressure is low in qualifying and smaller tourneys, winning 33 of his last 50 matches on the surface. A lot of that damage has come in qualifying. This tournament has been good to him with quarterfinal runs every year he has made the main draw; 2005, 2006 & 2013. He has to get by Ito first, but if he does, definitely check out his 1st round match-up for upset possibilities.

Pierre-Hugues Herbert

The Frenchman has a big serve that is conducive to some of these slick grass surfaces. He has won 87% of his 1st serves through two qualifying rounds and could cause trouble for anyone in the main draw if it stays stout. He plays Chiudinelli in the final qualifying round.

Quick Draw McGraw
    David Goffin's quarter looks like one that could go to a non-seed or at the very least not in the favor of the Belgian. Goffin is a novice still on grass at just 7-11 and has veteran Jurgen Melzer and 8th seeded Joao Sousa to contend with in this part of the draw. Also keep an eye on Mikhail Youzhny. He's had a woeful 2015, but has always has a good grass court game. Sousa was a surprise semifinalist here last year and took Federer to a third set in Halle. Although he only has a handful of events on the surface, he looks comfortable and could be the one to slip through this quarter. If it goes to a non-seed, I do like Melzer.

Garcia-Lopez's quarter looks ripe for the taking for the Spaniard potentially. GGL is 23-22 on grass in main draws at this level. He didn't do much on grass last season, but is back in The Netherlands where he made the semis in 2013. He will get Nieminen or Copil after a 1st round bye. That is winnable. Up top, Vasek Pospisil takes on Matosevic to open. The Canadian is 5-10 on grass. He did score three of those wins in 2014, including a quarterfinal run at this tournament. So perhaps he is growing into the surface. If he sneaks by Matosevic, he could see big serving Gilles Muller who battles Marsel Ilhan in the opening round. Muller made the quarters here in 2012, but lost his 1st round match in three other trips. Tend to like the seeds in this quarter, either GGL or Pospisil to move on.

Karlovic leads what would have been Tsonga's quarter and it might be a two horse race between Ivo and 7th seeded Fernando Verdasco. Verdasco opens against fellow Spaniard Gimeno-Traver. to say DGT loathes grass is an understatement. He is 2-14 in main draw matches on grass. Verdasco should ease through to the 2nd round where he has a winnable match-up with Haase or Kavcic. Karlovic will have either Berankis or a qualifier. Berankis is in a deep funk, so it likely will be the qualifier. Karlovic has a solid 48-27 mark on grass. It's been a bit since he has tasted success on grass though, so he is no sure thing this week. If it does come down to Karlovic vs. Verdasco, Karlovic has beaten him twice at Wimbledon, but it's been about five years since the last meeting on grass.

Bautista-Agut didn't get a good draw as the defending champion. He's got the likes of Hewitt, Mannarino, Paire & Lu in this quarter. There are also two qualifiers yet to beWill placed in this draw. Needless to say, I don't dig his chances of a repeat. He may not even win his 1st match which would be Hewitt or a qualifier. Mannarino as the seed in the bottom of the quarter also has a tough draw with Lu up first. To me, this is the quarter were a non-seed or qualifier has a great shot to upset the apple cart. Hewitt has played a real light load this season with just five matches and a 1-4 mark. I do think though that part of that was done with this part of the season in mind to be perhaps his heaviest activity of the year. He will play Queen's Club also as a wild card and of course his final Wimbledon. Don't count him out for a deep run here and check which qualifiers land here.

Futures Watch
    Hewitt +1100
    Sousa +3300

Verdasco +700
    Karlovic +750

Will be waiting to see who Hewitt meets in the 1st round before booking there. Karlovic & Verdasco I will monitor in their quarter because I think one might have a shot to move through.
    Last edited by EaglesPhan36; 06-07-15 at 11:52 PM.
    Points Awarded:

sluggy1616 gave EaglesPhan36 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

EaglesPhan36

Damn I had not read all the stuff about the separation of Wawrinka and his wife. Not really anything all that new, but a clear translation of what his wife said which is pretty much that Stan wanted to go fukk other broads from what I gather.

Pretty much thought Stan was a disgusting with regards to his family situation. Can be a helluva tennis player, but he's definitely not the most likable dude in the world.

http://tenngrand.com/2015/04/20/wawr...ng-separation/

EaglesPhan36

WTA Nottingham: L.Davis @ +110
    WTA s-Hertogenbosch: Copil @ +161

EaglesPhan36

2015 Profit Margin: +8.45

beefcake
    Update your status

MAHUT ..dangerous...Don't forget browns skills on the grass and in home country..one of these days he is going to catch fire and make a semi or final on the weed.

beefcake
    Update your status

Damn I had not read all the stuff about the separation of Wawrinka and his wife. Not really anything all that new, but a clear translation of what his wife said which is pretty much that Stan wanted to go fukk other broads from what I gather.

Pretty much thought Stan was a disgusting with regards to his family situation. Can be a helluva tennis player, but he's definitely not the most likable dude in the world.

http://tenngrand.com/2015/04/20/wawr...ng-separation/
    You read about him nailing Vekic when she was 17?? Stan might make a run at Tiger now.

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Quote Originally Posted by beefcake View Post
    MAHUT ..dangerous...Don't forget browns skills on the grass and in home country..one of these days he is going to catch fire and make a semi or final on the weed.
    Man, you guys and the doodoo love

EaglesPhan36

Quote Originally Posted by beefcake View Post
    You read about him nailing Vekic when she was 17?? Stan might make a run at Tiger now.
    Yeah the announcers during the match yesterday tried to make him out to be some sort of hero because he's having his personal life put on the front page and winning. Maybe don't be an unfaithful SOB and your life won't be a front page story when you're trying to mask your separation as just both sides "moving on" ... when his wife obviously said it all. Like I said great talent on the court, but a weasel it would seem in real life.

I'm watching Stuttgart first to see how it plays since this is the 1st year they've done grass there.

girlscoutcookies
    girlscoutcookies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1899

All this stan drama makes me like him more you guys are just jealous

fitguy67
    blessed be the cheesemakers
    fitguy67's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3358

Quote Originally Posted by girlscoutcookies View Post
    All this stan drama makes me like him more you guys are just jealous
    you still in the Dominican, bro...or nailin' the Filipina now...be a Stan-applauding slut if you must...but for saftey sake...keep the light on so you can see EXACTLY what you're getting into

centre for a disease-free libertarian lifesyle
    Tiger Woods, secretary
    Wilt Chamberlain, president for life

First ... 454647484950 Last