Pound the 1.10 lads!

Punchy
    Punchy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1380

Stan Stan he's our boy, if he can't do it............ no one will

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

perhaps, anything can happen, however it is extremely unlikely.

i cap his chances at no less than 1 in 10, see no value in the odds of 5-1.

sluggy1616
    Update your status
    sluggy1616's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4880

I'm on over 3.5 sets @1.9 for a unit. Given this tourney and the head to head history seems like a high probability bet.
    Points Awarded:

matt1216 gave sluggy1616 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Sumalia
    Sumalia's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1376

Murray performed well because of his defense and his crazy returns and saves. Wawrinka doesn't have that.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wawrinka has something that bothers Djokovic though, it's proven in their last three Slam meetings. His ground strokes are much better than Murray's, so that is where he will have to trouble Djokovic if he can. His serve (if at the level it's been) also offers better chances to get through service games not having to fight for every single point like Murray had to do in a lot of his.

This is the best rivalry in tennis over the last few years, Djokovic-Murray is a close 2nd.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Wawrinka has something that bothers Djokovic though, it's proven in their last three Slam meetings. His ground strokes are much better than Murray's, so that is where he will have to trouble Djokovic if he can. His serve (if at the level it's been) also offers better chances to get through service games not having to fight for every single point like Murray had to do in a lot of his.

This is the best rivalry in tennis over the last few years, Djokovic-Murray is a close 2nd.
    To me the important thing is that you stated "if at the level it's been". That's the friggen problem with Stan and always has been and I almost put him up there with some WTA players for how he can go in and out from greatness down to turd level and back again. You won't know until he starts playing and settles in as to which dude is going to show up and how do you bet based on that? If he can ever sort out his consistency he'll be scary.

Snowball

Djokovic is 20-3 vs. Wawrinka.

EaglesPhan36

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    To me the important thing is that you stated "if at the level it's been". That's the friggen problem with Stan and always has been and I almost put him up there with some WTA players for how he can go in and out from greatness down to turd level and back again. You won't know until he starts playing and settles in as to which dude is going to show up and how do you bet based on that? If he can ever sort out his consistency he'll be scary.
    Yeah but once he gets it going - especially in a Slam, it usually does not drop to the worry level again. It's pretty apparent than he's putting all his effort into Slams at this stage of his career and then every other week his GAF level is going to be minimal and that's more so where I would worry about backing him or him throwing in a clunker/tanker.

I think Stan +2.5 Sets will be a reasonable try in this spot. Murray I think was -140 for the similar line. With the Finals line even more bloated to Djokovic, Stan should be at a decent price on that line. If it's similar to the -110 or -115 the over is at, that's my play in this one so as to not sweat some of those ebbs and flows in scoreline that you always get.

sluggy1616
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    If Stan was going to lay down and die it would have happened against Tsonga with the hostile crowd.

maletaja
    maletaja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1883

Stan wins 1 in 10 no chance at all, no value at all. Question is can Stan win a set? I wouldnt take even that bet. Djoko destroys him

Snowball

Djokovic polishing up on his French like Serena ?

kenz
    kenz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4350

Probably no bet

Wawrinka has the game to bother Nole, but he is as tough as Swiss chocolate

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

I can't believe Nole is -700. That is straight up retarded.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.

Quote Originally Posted by kenz View Post
    Probably no bet

Wawrinka has the game to bother Nole, but he is as tough as Swiss chocolate
    The last 4 times they have met in a grand slam, it has gone 5 sets. I'd say that pretty tough.

kenz

Quote Originally Posted by MUHerd37 View Post
    The last 4 times they have met in a grand slam, it has gone 5 sets. I'd say that pretty tough.
    No.

I watched them with bare eyes in London with friends. First few games we wondered how Nole even beat Stan once in his career, Stan is a different breed. Then with no reason Stan began throwing the balls to audience. Thats the exact opposite of tough. Nole is tough,very tough

Stan choked tons of times just this year vs mediocres.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.

No.

I watched them with bare eyes in London with friends. First few games we wondered how Nole even beat Stan once in his career, Stan is a different breed. Then with no reason Stan began throwing the balls to audience. Thats the exact opposite of tough. Nole is tough,very tough

Stan choked tons of times just this year vs mediocres.
    Those weren't grand slam matches. A ton of players like Stan don't care about matches that aren't in slams. Like I said, their last 4 matches in slams have gone 5 sets. I hope Nole wins, but Stan is gonna be stout I think.

ManeOnFire
    ManeOnFire's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1959

You mean can Djokovic beat the greatest clay court player on earth tomorrow?

sluggy1616
    Update your status

Stan getting no love. Beats Tsonga easy who beat suishi and birdick. Stan beat Fed. Stan is almost 2/1 winners/ unforced. I typically hate betting grass matches so I'm throwing half a unit on Stan on 5 @13,9 Hopefully my set bet will cover the loss if it happens.
    I would have to think a Stan won would be in 5. It's the booze mr. Leahy. Making you crazy

kenz

Those weren't grand slam matches. A ton of players like Stan don't care about matches that aren't in slams. Like I said, their last 4 matches in slams have gone 5 sets. I hope Nole wins, but Stan is gonna be stout I think.
    Year-End London Championships are as importans as Slams, 2000 points

kenz

Quote Originally Posted by ManeOnFire View Post
    You mean can Djokovic beat the greatest clay court player on earth tomorrow?
    Not only clay, greatest player on grass, concrete and doubles.

leetreaper
    leetreaper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2140

Yep, all 4 finished 3-2. Both in good form, I expect a similar result. Pound the Over and +1.5 or +2.5 on Stan.

poet
    poet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

I'm with Kenz. Clay is totally different. Stan doesn't have the movement and defense you need on clay. Tsonga generated 17 break points against him and only converted one! Only nerves can get in Nole's way in this one.

badgerguy
    badgerguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 536

Im going with over 3.5 sets

kenz

Quote Originally Posted by poet View Post
    I'm with Kenz. Clay is totally different. Stan doesn't have the movement and defense you need on clay. Tsonga generated 17 break points against him and only converted one! Only nerves can get in Nole's way in this one.
    Agreed, I am not sure how well Nole will handle the pressure. He will win but the spread is still a question for me. Still I saw Stan shit the bed so many times, even on Slam games, I dont get the unquestioned confidence on him

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

got this at Intertops

Novak Djokovic v Stan Wawrinka: Total Games Odds Stake *Win
    Over 34½ Games -120

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Slim to none and slim is out of town. He needs Novak to wake up food poisoned or to get injured during the match.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

You guys are funny, you're just looking at the return on Stan and saying what if. If odds were -300 and same circumstances somehow, everyone would be on Joker.

EaglesPhan36

Year-End London Championships are as importans as Slams, 2000 points
    Year-end in London is a crapshoot. A lot of the guys are totally worn down at that point physically & mentally. I.E., Fed not being able to play the Final last year. Murray played the worst match of his life there last year against Federer. There are quite a few blowouts in that tournament every year that really gives little insight into anything IMO.

There are really not that many guys who give max effort each week during the grind of a season. And really if you're top 10, you can get by half passing it half the year & extorting in Slams, Masters or 500s. Wawrinka rode that into the top 3.

I don't think Wawrinka can win on clay without an off day from Djokovic, but he can certainly make a match of it.
    Last edited by EaglesPhan36; 06-07-15 at 02:14 AM.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

[116] S.Wawrinka Games Won +6.5 +100 vs N.Djokovic Games Won

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

got this at Heritage

#4) Sport : ATP Match Betting Tennis
    Selection : N. Djokovic/S. Wawrinka 6/7/2015 6:05AM - (PST) Total Points OVER 9½ -105 for 1st Half

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6219

stan likes upsetting the odds he was a 5/1 shot to beat nadal in the Australian open final a few years back

Blackballer
    Blackballer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 575

Quote Originally Posted by sluggy1616 View Post
    I'm on over 3.5 sets @1.9 for a unit. Given this tourney and the head to head history seems like a high probability bet.
    This will cash. I would up my unit to two or three.

12 Last