Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13317

Kobe breaks record for missed FGs in a career

Discuss

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Seriously dude??? I mean really you couldn't have waited 2 more minutes? How you gonna come in here and steal Ratzz aka Mensus's thunder like that with a thread they probably been working on while fully erect since Kobe missed the record shot. Smh
    Points Awarded:

BigPage25 gave R.P. McMurphy 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Seto gave R.P. McMurphy 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 5 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: bigtymer56, Seto, tailingcuzisuck, upscope, and I/O

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Seriously tho what's there to discuss? He's an alpha dog and shoots ALOT like everyone knows. When you shoot alot and have bad shot selection at times with guys in your face, and don't defer to teammates ur gonna miss alot. A.I., Melo, and even Kobes idol MJ was same way especially before the championship years. Guys have all thrown up enough bricks to build a wall on Mexican border 20 ft high haha. And oh yeah relatively healthy and almost playing 2 full decades and all the postseasons goes a long way towards setting records both good and bad!
    Last edited by R.P. McMurphy; 11-11-14 at 09:28 PM.

Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Git Lo View Post
    Discuss

LOL... KOBE Bryant Ruler of the Land of Missed FGs

that is a stat that only the most selfish player can own.

Ratzz

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    Seriously tho what's there to discuss? He's an alpha dog and shoots ALOT like everyone knows. When you shoot alot and have bad shot selection at times with guys in your face, and don't defer to teammates ur gonna miss alot. A.I., Melo, and even Kobes idol MJ was same way especially before the championship years. Guys have all thrown up enough bricks to build a wall on Mexican border 20 ft high haha. And oh yeah relatively healthy and almost playing 2 full decades and all the postseasons goes a long way towards setting records both good and bad!
    Kobe = QUANTITY

Lebron = Quality.

Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

Seriously dude??? I mean really you couldn't have waited 2 more minutes? How you gonna come in here and steal Ratzz aka Mensus's thunder like that with a thread they probably been working on while fully erect since Kobe missed the record shot. Smh

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Ratzz

Kobe FINALLY in a league OF HIS OWN! (which is all he ever wanted)

careful what ya wish for!!

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

Kobe Bryant one of the least likeable guys in sports these days. He does not care about his image.

He just wants to put up numbers.

He is the NBA's JJ Gold.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: louisvillekid

Riceboi
    Riceboi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 32

washed up

louisvillekid
    slummin it
    louisvillekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3822

what he said^^^^^

Ratzz

yup... everybody is on him now

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ssed?hpt=hp_t2
    Attached Images  

Ratzz

To put that in perspective, a relative few have even attempted as many shots as Bryant has missed.

Only 87 players in NBA history have taken more
    than the number of shots that Kobe has missed: 13,418.

Menses

Quote Originally Posted by Ratzz View Post

To put that in perspective, a relative few have even attempted as many shots as Bryant has missed.

Only 87 players in NBA history have taken more
    than the number of shots that Kobe has missed: 13,418.
    Did not want to comment too much yesterday as it was the passing of Wayne Ellington's father...but what a feat Kobe Bryant has achieved...and it serves as a microcosm of the mans Career..The man hurts his teams as much as he helps them. He single-handedly got them back in the game last night but was ultimately the reason why they lost...10 for 26...28 pts on 26 shots.....LOL......who will the fans blame? Boozer was 8 for 13 with 0 turnovers and 8 boards....Johnson and Lin played well despite barely touching the ball....they lost by 5...so who's fault is it? Kobe had 3 turnovers including a crucial one late in the 4th....

Kobe won't admit it...but at this point he wants out...he knows it...and everybody in LA knows it..just listen to ESPN LA...lol....but is the grass greener in New York? Phil is REALLY running the triangle..and isn't a pussy like Byron is...he will NOT tolerate shot jacking...and will NOT allow Kobe to hijack the team and freeze Anthony out of the offense...

Funny how just a year ago, Kobe was talking about not having to recruit..Mello...and how it was "cold as shit" in New York and LA would be a better place for Anthony...Kobe did not even show up to the meeting in LA when Mello visited in the summer...LOL...now he is hoping for a phone call...from who? Phil Jackson, the same guy he ignored in favor of D'antoni because he DID NOT want to play the triangle again...LOL.....is Phil talking to Jeannie? Would he accept a trade? At Kobe's salary? LOL.....where else can Kobe play? Miami, Clippers? LOL......Did Cuban not say to amnesty this clown 2 years ago? Its too late now...Kobe has to lie in his bed...and there is nothing he can do about it...

Menses

Quote Originally Posted by Riceboi View Post
    washed up
    No he is not washed up...far from it...this man almost beat the Griz by himself last night while guarded by the leagues best defender in Tony Allen..Allen was absolutely gassed by the end of the night and could barely do the post game interview...lol.....the problem is...he is 36 years old with a 21 year old player basketball IQ...After 19 years in the league..and the best coaching money can buy...he still has not figured out how to keep teammates involved and score at the same time...some guys have it (Lebron, Chris Paul, Tony Parker) and some guys don't.....and never will...

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Kobe, especially with this team, is gonna really be padding this number. He's got all of this season and next, if he doesn't get hurt.

Ratzz

Quote Originally Posted by Menses View Post
    Did not want to comment too much yesterday as it was the passing of Wayne Ellington's father...but what a feat Kobe Bryant has achieved...and it serves as a microcosm of the mans Career..The man hurts his teams as much as he helps them. He single-handedly got them back in the game last night but was ultimately the reason why they lost...10 for 26...28 pts on 26 shots.....LOL......who will the fans blame? Boozer was 8 for 13 with 0 turnovers and 8 boards....Johnson and Lin played well despite barely touching the ball....they lost by 5...so who's fault is it? Kobe had 3 turnovers including a crucial one late in the 4th....

Kobe won't admit it...but at this point he wants out...he knows it...and everybody in LA knows it..just listen to ESPN LA...lol....but is the grass greener in New York? Phil is REALLY running the triangle..and isn't a pussy like Byron is...he will NOT tolerate shot jacking...and will NOT allow Kobe to hijack the team and freeze Anthony out of the offense...

Funny how just a year ago, Kobe was talking about not having to recruit..Mello...and how it was "cold as shit" in New York and LA would be a better place for Anthony...Kobe did not even show up to the meeting in LA when Mello visited in the summer...LOL...now he is hoping for a phone call...from who? Phil Jackson, the same guy he ignored in favor of D'antoni because he DID NOT want to play the triangle again...LOL.....is Phil talking to Jeannie? Would he accept a trade? At Kobe's salary? LOL.....where else can Kobe play? Miami, Clippers? LOL......Did Cuban not say to amnesty this clown 2 years ago? Its too late now...Kobe has to lie in his bed...and there is nothing he can do about it...
    lol.. Menses, excellent post and observations.. i was thinking that maybe that Kobe was going for the 'All-TIME Scoring Title".. to do so, he needs to score about 27 pts for 3 yrs straight.. (without playoffs)

here's the catch: if he actually goes for that number every night, there will definitely be NO playoffs.. so he HAS to make that number.
    I agree with you, that Phil wants nothing to do with Kobe (who does, really?)

the ABSOLUTE RIOT to me, is to listen to Kobetard fans defend his shot jacking.."WELL.. there's NO team, NO all-stars except him... why shouldn't KOBE go for the record?"

as if it were some extraordinary coincidence that the SINGULAR name player is Kobe. He blocked everybody else from coming.
    He told Howard "you would be the third option"... he refused to call and welcome Nash... he "missed' the Carmelo meeting" (lol)..
    that is telling all these people, DO NOT SIGN HERE.

my take:

a) Kobe is going for No.1 All-Time..
    b) is going to jack until he hits 27-28 pts..
    c) will seek to be resigned for a single year after current deal expires

(all of this barring an injury of course) which is inevitable. He will push too hard. and reinjure something

BigPage25
    BigPage25's Avatar Become A Pro!

lol.. Menses, excellent post and observations.. i was thinking that maybe that Kobe was going for the 'All-TIME Scoring Title".. to do so, he needs to score about 27 pts for 3 yrs straight.. (wiuthout playoffs)

here's the catch: if he actually goes for that number every night, there will definitely be NO playoffs.. so he HAS to make that number.
    I agree with you, that Phil wants nothing to do with Kobe (who does, really?)

the ABSOLUTE RIOT to me, is to listen to Kobetard fans defend his shot jacking.."WELL.. there's NO team, NO all-stars except him... why shouldn't KOBE go for the record?"

as if it were some extraordinary coincidence that the SINGULAR name player is Kobe. He blocked everybody else from coming.
    He told Howard "you would be the third option"... he refused to call and welcome Nash... he "missed' the Carmelo meeting" (lol)..
    that is telling all these people, DO NOT SIGN HERE.

my take:

a) Kobe is going for No.1 All-Time..
    b) is going to jack until he hits 27-28 pts..
    c) will seek to be resigned for a single year after current deal expires

(all of this barring an injury of course) which is inevitable. He will push too hard. and reinjure something
    He did welcome Nash to la u faken retard

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

You cannot reason with Ratzz/Mensus when it comes to a reasonable assessment on Mamba where he's not just blindly flaming the guy. Even a complete tool and half idiot like Jim Rome gets it. As I mentioned last night a lot of it is staying healthy and playing for almost 2 decades more than anything. But he's a SHOOTING guard!! Rome spouted this list

Farve all time picks
    Pete Rose all time outs
    Mr October all time strike outs
    And almond all time league leaders in bricked shots Karl Malone, MJ, Kareem, Havlicek etc.

What do all these guys have in common? All legends with long careers

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

And as I've mentioned before I'm NOT a Kobe defender. Actually I cannot stand the turd and he seems like a total classless p.o.s. But on the court despite some of his "flaws" guy is a total beast, fierce competitor, and great player. Those things cannot be disputed!

SpreadSniper
    SpreadSniper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7261

"He ranks fourth all-time in field goal attempts and, perhaps most importantly, is fourth on the NBA all-time scoring list behind Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Karl Malone and Michael Jordan.

And for the record, Abdul-Jabbar, Malone and Jordan aren't far behind Bryant on the all-time misses list, coming in at fifth, fourth and sixth, respectively."

Guess its time to start picking at Abdul-Jabbar, Jordan and Malone too then, huh?

I have no doubt Menses/Ratzz would happily suck Kobe's c0ck just so they could report back on how salty it tasted.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!
    THam12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

He did?

Ratzz

Quote Originally Posted by BigPage25 View Post
    no he didn't. The Lakers asked Kobe to place a call to Nash to welcome him, and he told the Lakers:
    "Have Nash call me"

does this sound like 'welcoming"? you f•king moron?!

AND.. this is from LAKERS NATION.. a site that is PARTIAL to Kobe

http://www.lakersnation.com/report-s...de/2014/10/20/

idiot.
    Attached Images  

Ratzz

and if Kobe was not A COMPLETE DISASTER..

why would a Laker fan site have quiz like this?!?!
    Attached Images  

bjb7223
    bjb7223's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8973

Quote Originally Posted by MoMoneyMoVaughn View Post
    Kobe Bryant one of the least likeable guys in sports these days. He does not care about his image.

He just wants to put up numbers.

He is the NBA's JJ Gold.

AchillesTG
    AchillesTG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6000

I never liked Kobe, but he is in good company!

10 Players Who Have Missed the Most Shots in NBA History

1. Kobe Bryant
    2. John Havlicek
    3. Elvin Hayes
    4. Karl Malone
    5. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
    6. Michael Jordan
    7. Dominique Wilkins
    8. Elgin Baylor
    9. Allen Iverson
    10. Wilt Chamberlain

BigPage25
    BigPage25's Avatar Become A Pro!

no he didn't. The Lakers asked Kobe to place a call to Nash to welcome him, and he told the Lakers:
    "Have Nash call me"

does this sound like 'welcoming"? you f•king moron?!

AND.. this is from LAKERS NATION.. a site that is PARTIAL to Kobe

http://www.lakersnation.com/report-s...de/2014/10/20/

idiot.
    U said he refused to call and welcome Nash implying that Nash had already been acquired and Kobe didnt say shit to him....well once acquired Kobe did call and welcome him you nitwit dummy

mtofell
    mtofell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4680

Kobe is such a Douche Bag. Here's his quote when asked about being biggest chucker in league history:

Bryant was asked if, in those 13,421 misses, any particular ones stood out. Meaning, any shots he would really, really like back?

“Yeah, all the ones where I’ve had to bail the team out at the end of the shot clock,” he said. “It annoys the crap out of me. Kills my field goal percentage.”

Typical Kobe.... blaming the people around him rather than taking accountability. There's a good book I read a few years back called, "From Good to Great." It talks about what a makes a good CEO and what makes a great CEO. The most common trait of a great leader is giving credit to those around them and taking accountability.... to a fault at times. This can be applied to Kobe versus guys like Tim Duncan or Dirk Nowitzki as they all near the end of their careers. Kobe is going down blaming people while guys like Dirk and Duncan will duck the praise and talk about their great teammates and coaches. It really must be a shitty feeling to be such an egotistical A-hole. Cheater, alleged rapist, terrible teammate and all around selfish prick.

Menses

You cannot reason with Ratzz/Mensus when it comes to a reasonable assessment on Mamba where he's not just blindly flaming the guy. Even a complete tool and half idiot like Jim Rome gets it. As I mentioned last night a lot of it is staying healthy and playing for almost 2 decades more than anything. But he's a SHOOTING guard!! Rome spouted this list

Farve all time picks
    Pete Rose all time outs
    Mr October all time strike outs
    And almond all time league leaders in bricked shots Karl Malone, MJ, Kareem, Havlicek etc.

What do all these guys have in common? All legends with long careers
    And what else do they all have in common? All three were nutcases who alienated their respective teams and peers because of their piss poor attitudes..LOL...

What exactly where you aiming at here? You are defending Kobe's shot selection? Are you defending the amount of shots he is taking? Do you realize Byron Scott is trying to implement the Princeton offense? Do you understand that it is virtually impossible to implement such an offense with one man holding on to the ball and shooting for extended stretches within a game? Do you understand that Kobe is almost averaging the same amount of shots as he does points? Do you understand how gooootdamn difficult that is to do? Do you understand how gooootdamn awful that is ?

Ratzz....you believe this clown?

Ratzz

U said he refused to call and welcome Nash implying that Nash had already been acquired and Kobe didnt say shit to him....well once acquired Kobe did call and welcome him you nitwit dummy
    did you not read the quote, idiot? Even LAKERS NATION.. an entire website and faculty of Kobetards
    called out Kobe as being petty..

It is commonplace (and expected) for players to attempt to recruit and aid their GMs when the From Office
    is willing to shell out TENS OF MILLIONS of dollars to help out their current star..

Kobe is continually talking about winning.. and hid F.O. is busting it's ass trying to get him some 'name-brand' help
    (because Kobe won't respond to any other kind) and Kobe can't even pick up the phone and call another star?!!?

what a douche.. u gotta be kidding me with this BS.

the article clearly stated the deal was almost blown because Kobe refused to call Nash.
    The article says nothing about Kobe actually calling him at all.

Kobe is a douche. Period.

WAKE-UP CALL: NOBODY IS COMING NEXT SUMMER EITHER.
    Only a forced player by trade. Nobody willingly.

Jordan Hill will leave, and so will Jeremy Lin. Any player that can.
    Nick Young DID stay, but not for Kobe.

Nick Young's GF is Iggy Azalea, and she lives in Los Angeles.
    Hottest female number in Hip-Hop at the moment, no way he leaves that alone.
    he would be replaced pretty quick.

Ratzz

Quote Originally Posted by mtofell View Post
    Kobe is such a Douche Bag. Here's his quote when asked about being biggest chucker in league history:

Bryant was asked if, in those 13,421 misses, any particular ones stood out. Meaning, any shots he would really, really like back?

“Yeah, all the ones where I’ve had to bail the team out at the end of the shot clock,” he said. “It annoys the crap out of me. Kills my field goal percentage.”

Typical Kobe.... blaming the people around him rather than taking accountability. There's a good book I read a few years back called, "From Good to Great." It talks about what a makes a good CEO and what makes a great CEO. The most common trait of a great leader is giving credit to those around them and taking accountability.... to a fault at times. This can be applied to Kobe versus guys like Tim Duncan or Dirk Nowitzki as they all near the end of their careers. Kobe is going down blaming people while guys like Dirk and Duncan will duck the praise and talk about their great teammates and coaches. It really must be a shitty feeling to be such an egotistical A-hole. Cheater, alleged rapist, terrible teammate and all around selfish prick.
    i saw this quote, RIGHT ON mtofell.. blames ALL THOSE MISSES on everybody else.
    POOR KOBE.. FORCED TO TAKE ALL THOSE SHOTS...

what a joke, how many times have we all seen Kobe take the inbounds pass... go isolation.. not even glance around..
    jack a very low percentage shot.. Miss badly... stare at the ref, instead of coming back on defense..

it's a riot.. you gotta be kidding me,

Ratzz

RP, read the news, man.. EVERYBODY hates Kobe.

Menses

Is that why he turn Nash into a spot up shooter in the few games he was healthy? Did you hear what Nash had to say about playing with Kobe? He didn't sound to welcomed to me...LOL

Menses

Quote Originally Posted by mtofell View Post

This is how you separate real fans of basketball and sportmanship...from pseudo bandwagon fans who are only in it for the glamor...Most fans of Tim Duncan, Lebron and Dirk...appreciate the fact that they are TEAM first....it is what they will remember when they are retired...You will never hear fans of those guys downplay their teammates...When you think of Lebron, you will think of Wade and Bosh...When you think of Duncan, you are going to remember Diaw, Parker, Leonard, etc....With Dirk, you will remember Terry, Chandler, Marion, etc.....but when Laker fans discuss Kobe...you will notice they don't talk about his teammates....AT ALL...and when they do it is only in a DISPARAGING WAY

I truly believe there a connection between the class of a the average NBA fan and the player....Kobe fans are LA fans who like most LA folks are fickle and shallow....Duncan and Lebron fans are blue collar...they appreciate comradry...and hard work.....LA Kobe Fans...want things the easy way...they like flashy things..like fade away jumpers and circus shots...Duncan and Lebron fans like lay ups, passing, fundamental basketball......Notice how Kobe fans blame his teammates just like Kobe does....You won't hear a Duncan or Lebron fan doing that....

LOL

leetreaper
    leetreaper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2140

8 for 23 already tonight, WHAT A FUKKING LOSER

12 Last