BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

I gamble for the rush.

Nothing like chasing method and your about 4 or 5 losses and need that huge win just to get even.

Best rush ever!

lupe
    lupe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 860

i gamble only to make money. i mostly play props. can't beat sides/totals. i treat it as a business

dontknowhowtobet
    dontknowhowtobet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    I gamble for the rush.

Nothing like chasing method and your about 4 or 5 losses and need that huge win just to get even.

Best rush ever!
    Can I ask
    How much time are you spending on this habit per day?
    And how much money per month?

dontknowhowtobet

Quote Originally Posted by lupe View Post
    i gamble only to make money. i mostly play props. can't beat sides/totals. i treat it as a business
    Props is slightly similar to stocks .. I'm not too sure if that's the only thing you do but just be careful, you can easily be carried away and gamble on other things you never planned to bet on, and this is where the problem starts.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

Why did you bump this?

If you have quit gambling, I don't really understand why you are still on sbr.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out

Strange double post. Disregard.

MickeyMan
    MickeyMan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14295

dontknowhowtobet

Quote Originally Posted by MoMoneyMoVaughn View Post
    Why did you bump this?

If you have quit gambling, I don't really understand why you are still on sbr.
    Here are some answers for you, I'm just wondering if you have enough brain to understand the logic:

1) A guy posted in another thread about losing $10k, I referred him to this thread.
    2) On the same time I said in the beginning of this thread that 'from time to time' I would post some updates.
    3) Who says SBR is a place only for gamblers and not for those who want to avoid gambling? Why make such a discrimination?
    4) Don't you believe in democracy?
    5) I believe everyone is entitled to post his own opinion as long as it doesn't violate the Forum's TOS. Being on SBR doesn't necessarily mean haven't quit! You can also check my "Recent Posts" and see I'm not active here on a daily basis, but rather, from time to time, when I feel it's necessary to get involved with the subject of gambling addiction, especially if others talk about it here. (And I'm not waiting for one, I simply run through all the recent posts every 2-3 months or so)

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I gamble to ease problems

kind of like using drugs

love it

can care less if I win or lose..feels better to lose

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out

Quote Originally Posted by dontknowhowtobet View Post
    Here are some answers for you, I'm just wondering if you have enough brain to understand the logic:

1) A guy posted in another thread about losing $10k, I referred him to this thread.
    2) On the same time I said in the beginning of this thread that 'from time to time' I would post some updates.
    3) Who says SBR is a place only for gamblers and not for those who want to avoid gambling? Why make such a discrimination?
    4) Don't you believe in democracy?
    5) I believe everyone is entitled to post his own opinion as long as it doesn't violate the Forum's TOS. Being on SBR doesn't necessarily mean haven't quit! You can also check my "Recent Posts" and see I'm not active here on a daily basis, but rather, from time to time, when I feel it's necessary to get involved with the subject of gambling addiction, especially if others talk about it here. (And I'm not waiting for one, I simply run through all the recent posts every 2-3 months or so)
    Yes I have enough brain understand the logic. Barely. Degenerative brain condition. Doctors say I will only live till somewhere between super bowl LXXXIV and LXXXVIII.

1) I didn't know that. Please forgive my ignorance. I have a degenerative bran condition.

2) Unless you are posting winners, or some information of relevance to others on here, your updates are unneccessary. No one cares about some degen who is proud to have gone 45 days without making a bet.

3) Common Sense. The discrimination is made for the same reason many synagogues do not allow those dressed as Nazi's to attend. The two groups tend to clash.

4) No. Democracy, in principles, suggests that the average person is well enough educated on the issues, candidates and implications to make an informed decision. This is untrue. There are a ton of incredibly uneducated people who are incredibly militant about there political beleifs. The United States is a good example, but not the only one. (What a strange question to ask on SBR. We can discuss this in further detail over beers. Beers?)

5) I understand you honestly beleive you are doing a service here. And I truly respect that belief. But you are about as wanted here as Jehova's Witnesses who go door to door. Have you ever walked past a crazy guy yelling at pedestrians about their sin? He honestly believes he is doing everyone a service too. And maybe he is. I just don't think the pedestrians feel that way.

dontknowhowtobet

Yes I have enough brain understand the logic. Barely. Degenerative brain condition. Doctors say I will only live till somewhere between super bowl LXXXIV and LXXXVIII.

1) I didn't know that. Please forgive my ignorance. I have a degenerative bran condition.

2) Unless you are posting winners, or some information of relevance to others on here, your updates are unneccessary. No one cares about some degen who is proud to have gone 45 days without making a bet.

3) Common Sense. The discrimination is made for the same reason many synagogues do not allow those dressed as Nazi's to attend. The two groups tend to clash.

4) No. Democracy, in principles, suggests that the average person is well enough educated on the issues, candidates and implications to make an informed decision. This is untrue. There are a ton of incredibly uneducated people who are incredibly militant about there political beleifs. The United States is a good example, but not the only one. (What a strange question to ask on SBR. We can discuss this in further detail over beers. Beers?)

5) I understand you honestly beleive you are doing a service here. And I truly respect that belief. But you are about as wanted here as Jehova's Witnesses who go door to door. Have you ever walked past a crazy guy yelling at pedestrians about their sin? He honestly believes he is doing everyone a service too. And maybe he is. I just don't think the pedestrians feel that way.
    First of all my apologies for underestimating who you are ... there are lots of idiots in this forum who lost their brains a while ago ... I'm glad you're a bit more educated and it's possible to have a discussion with you, and not deal or talk to a clown like many others here.

Regarding democracy it's fine, I won't get into it, but I honestly don't mind having a beer now haha ... I don't drink much ... in fact I barely drink at all ... !

The "Common Sense" you mentioned here is not so common in my opinion ... it's not a straightforward thing to assume SBR is a place made only for gamblers ... the fact is from time to time you do see some people coming here posting they lose thousands ... there was an Australian guy, don't remember his name but he lost tons, literally tons of money ... poor guy.

So yes, Nazis definitely will not be welcomed in synagogues just as I wouldn't be welcomed in Gaza probably ... in fact I think many people won't be ... even a person named Vittorio Arrigoni came to help the people in Gaza but was murdered by them ... (but don't get me wrong, Gaza has Universities there, really) .. but let's leave this subject.

BACK TO THE TOPIC:

I believe the more people reading this then the more they can understand or at least get this information deep into their conscious, understand and realize what gambling does for them ... for some like the clowns here it doesn't mean a **** because they are so hooked up with it, getting excited over a $10 betting slip ... but for some like myself, like this Australian guy and like the other guy who posted he lost $10k ... those who bet $5k on a single game (or more) ... they need to read this and be aware of the troubles they cause to themselves.

So I wouldn't use the Synagogue-Nazis example, I wouldn't imply it's the same thing here ... I think in fact SBR and Gambling Addiction coincide.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out

First of all my apologies for underestimating who you are ... there are lots of idiots in this forum who lost their brains a while ago ... I'm glad you're a bit more educated and it's possible to have a discussion with you, and not deal or talk to a clown like many others here.

Regarding democracy it's fine, I won't get into it, but I honestly don't mind having a beer now haha ... I don't drink much ... in fact I barely drink at all ... !

The "Common Sense" you mentioned here is not so common in my opinion ... it's not a straightforward thing to assume SBR is a place made only for gamblers ... the fact is from time to time you do see some people coming here posting they lose thousands ... there was an Australian guy, don't remember his name but he lost tons, literally tons of money ... poor guy.

So yes, Nazis definitely will not be welcomed in synagogues just as I wouldn't be welcomed in Gaza probably ... in fact I think many people won't be ... even a person named Vittorio Arrigoni came to help the people in Gaza but was murdered by them ... (but don't get me wrong, Gaza has Universities there, really) .. but let's leave this subject.

BACK TO THE TOPIC:

I believe the more people reading this then the more they can understand or at least get this information deep into their conscious, understand and realize what gambling does for them ... for some like the clowns here it doesn't mean a **** because they are so hooked up with it, getting excited over a $10 betting slip ... but for some like myself, like this Australian guy and like the other guy who posted he lost $10k ... those who bet $5k on a single game (or more) ... they need to read this and be aware of the troubles they cause to themselves.

So I wouldn't use the Synagogue-Nazis example, I wouldn't imply it's the same thing here ... I think in fact SBR and Gambling Addiction coincide.
    You have not underestimated. Brain is melting. Lucidity comes and goes.

Re democracy. Not a good place to get into it. Re drinking. Not a bad thing to cut out of life. Can be more destructive than gambling in my opinion. Depends on the person.

Re Common sense - That is good point. I am getting defensive because deep down I wonder if I am a degen. Also I apologize for calling you a degen lol. getting defensive. Lucidity fades.

Re Nazis - What is Gaza?

Just kidding. Terrible example. Especially given the ongoing events in the region. They don't neccessarily go hand in hand. I just meant two groups that would traditionally avoid one another at all costs. It was an analogy that served my purposes poorly at best. Re Gaza. Too touchy a situation. Have sympathies for both sides at times. Not connected to conflict in any way though

My rant wasn't very well thought out. One of my bigger faults. (Biggest being the degenerative brain thing of course).

Addiction effects different people in different ways. I have a lot more experience with people addicted to drugs. I would much rather be gambling away every cent I had than doing b & e's to support my crack addiction.
    Last edited by MoMoneyMoVaughn; 08-11-14 at 10:03 AM.

dontknowhowtobet

Addiction effects different people in different ways. I have a lot more experience with people addicted to drugs. I would much rather be gambling away every cent I had than doing b & e's to support my crack addiction.
    Yeah ... totally understood (referring to the non-quoted text), the world is full of "breaking news", in fact there's nothing breaking about them anymore, they don't break any routine, just too many news recently (who remembers now the plane that crashed between the border of Russia-Ukraine, just recently?)

Addiction effects people, and I think all kind of addictions are bad ... some can cause minor damage, some can be more severe ... same with drugs and gambling ... some people I know do take drugs but in very mild way ... so it doesn't affect them ... but some can lose their lives because of it ... and so is with gambling ... some people couldn't bear the losses, shame etc. and just got suicide ...

jjgold

Donkow

Everyone does not have a problem

Most do not actually like anything else in life

OptimistPrime
    OptimistPrime's Avatar Become A Pro!

99 percent of people don't make money gambling in the long run, most people here are just in denial of that.

jjgold

Gambling is good for the mind as it keeps it very very alert

If you have a family and children you have no business gambling unless you're betting big money

dontknowhowtobet

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

If you have a family and children you have no business gambling unless you're betting big money
    Many people who were having families with children got everything messed up because of gambling.
    Gambling doesn't keep you alert, that's ridiculous!
    The last thing a gambler checks is his bank statement when he gambles!

phillybadboy
    phillybadboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3864

i tailed small 100x

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4514

Ironically, this is the truth from JJ

good stuff playa

phillybadboy ---

that was funny, especially if it was self deprecating

jjgold

Dontknowhowtobet please refrain from discouraging gamblers and their dreams

The guy doesn't want to see his dream squashed from a failed gambler

ronald
    ronald's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8459

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    You know what? You could have simply googled and saved the world all that bullshit.

Here are da facts Jack. http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@....000&num=&view=

3.2% of the population

I did not want to be mean to start with, because you are sick. But the truth is YOUu and the rest of those pathetic 3.2% are 100% of the reason the rest of us have so many restrictions on our pleasant pass time.

YOU are the reason for do gooder groups screaming about gambling ruining lifes.

YOU are the pathetic low life who wants to blame anyone but himself.

YOU are the delusional fool who imagines the other 96.8% of us are as hopeless and stupid as you.

Now please fukk off and stop gambling. Its a win win for all.

If all of the 3.2% of losers came to the same conclusion as you and simply stopped doing what you cant control, the rest of us could go on with our free and harmless entertainment in peace.

Are you starting to get what a total fuckup you actually are?

But keep screaming it is the gambling industry's fault YOU are a loser.

As I said before much easier than accepting the very very obvious data that YOU are the only problem with the gambling industry.
    Brock Landers is in this group.

jjgold

Brock Landers is much sharper than this guy he's right up bankrolls to 70,000

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

op's a fukking lemon...

dontknowhowtobet

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Luciano View Post
    I've been at this for 5 years and I can honestly tell you that Money Management is real and there's a few ppl, keyword a few, who are very disciplined.
    You've been at this for 5 years and having only 18 posts?!

dontknowhowtobet

Quote Originally Posted by ronald View Post
    Brock Landers is in this group.
    The 3.2% of the population are stats from the year 2000.
    LOTS has changed in the past 14 years.

In the year 2000 companies like Google were not even listed in the NASDAQ!
    I would not rely on old statistics and definitely not ones that are only Australia based ... nor ones that are given/related to bookmakers who are funding the research.

dontknowhowtobet

You've been at this for 5 years and having only 18 posts?!
    Oh, and you joined the forum just 2 days ago?
    Okay ... you might have never heard of SBR before (for 5 years you haven't? I don't buy it ) or just being a bully.

dontknowhowtobet

I'm doing well financially, thank god ... and I don't need to waste my money in gambling.
    I'm happy with what I have, I really am.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4514

By the way, JJ, what level of betting is required if you have a family? I presume your rationale is that it's a huge waste of time and you get worried more if you are a small timer, which takes time away from your fam. True? Roughly per wager, what should the min be for a family guy?

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

This thread is such a buzzkill..

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm doing well financially, thank god ... and I don't need to waste my money in gambling.
    I'm happy with what I have, I really am.
    But im sure you do waste money on something. Some people like to shop, some like to travel, some spend money on hobbies or collections. We all have different interests. I spend some money on gambling because it's fun and hey maybe win some money from time to time. I bet within my means and I don't have a problem with it.

Now just like nobody is telling you what to do with your money please stop telling people what they should do with theirs.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Okay, I feel better now.. I just layed some day action in bases..

RiverBoatGambler
    RiverBoatGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Hey Don'tKnow, shut the fukk up and give me some betpoints if you wanna really help me out. About 300
    Points Awarded:

dontknowhowtobet gave RiverBoatGambler 40 Betpoint(s) for this post.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Just started reading this thread -- holy sweeping generalizations, Batman.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by DrStale View Post
    But im sure you do waste money on something. Some people like to shop, some like to travel, some spend money on hobbies or collections. We all have different interests. I spend some money on gambling because it's fun and hey maybe win some money from time to time. I bet within my means and I don't have a problem with it.

Now just like nobody is telling you what to do with your money please stop telling people what they should do with theirs.
    I'll do you one better -- if you are spending your disposable income on something wasteful for "entertainment" purposes, you are 100% guaranteed no ROI.

My "hobby" is gambling. I'm up nearly 300 units at $20 per over the last two years. So I've added $6 grand to my family's disposable income at virtually zero risk. I have fun and enjoy doing it, and I'm making money doing it (even though this cat says it's impossible).

I feel sorry for this dude. What a waste of time -- he's convinced himself he can't win, read a book that justifies his beliefs, then comes to a gambling forum to spread the bullshit glass-totally-empty lies and expects us to swallow it whole. Unreal.

First ... 2345678 ... Last