very sad OP

ramones951
    ramones951's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 891

Clueless

Miley Cyrus
    Miley Cyrus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

While I agree that "winning" is a poor reflection of a quarterback's abilities and indicator of future performance, total yards can be deceiving too. Wilson still ranked 4th in yards per attempt and 7th in adjusted net yards per attempt in the regular season. His defense and run game ensure that he rarely has to air it out 30+ times per game. If he had a shitty supporting cast and was forced to try and win in a shootout, would he succeed? If he plays like he has as of late, no.

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20334

OP is a moron.

2013 stats:
    Russell Wilson 3,357 passing yards
    Colin Kaepernick 3,197 passing yards

So if Russell Wilson is a game manager, Kapernick must be a babysitter.

RW is a winner, that's all that matters. Sometimes I wonder why he even throws at all with how good that defense and running game is up there in Seattle.

Luckycharms2012
    Luckycharms2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5412

No winning ticket posted, i'm shocked!

RonPaul2008
    Update your status
    RonPaul2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243569

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Tebow on Niners would win a lot of games.

Just a lot of stupid coaches out there who enjoy losing the "right" way.
    Keep Tebow the hell away from my 49ers, unless you want him as a full back! He is an absolutely pathetic ex-NFL quarterback.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6446

Quote Originally Posted by C-Gold View Post
    Waaa waaaa waaaa

What a damn crybaby.
    Who's crying? You asked if I read the thread. I did. They're all the same: I'm the best, Wilson sucks (because he's black), etc. etc. etc. Nothing in my response wasn't true. Seems to me you're the "damn crybaby". The attention whore look at me type of crybaby. Congrats, you've succeeded.

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

So where is the ops winning thread? Link?

eeks
    eeks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

Russell Wilson is a media creation because he has such a great attitude. He is not accurate at all. He is very elusive and can create and make plays to wide open recievers after a 10 second play, but thats about it. Has been horrible since 49ers beat him up a few weeks ago.
    Kap>Wilson in every way
    Arm strength-Kap
    Accuracy-Kap
    Legs-Kap
    Nice guy/good interview-Wilson
    Size-Kap
    IT factor-even
    Points Awarded:

C-Gold gave eeks 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: TitsArriba

austintx05
    austintx05's Avatar Become A Pro!

I can vouche for c-gold. I joined covers back in 2005 and have followed c-gold ever since. He used to post the sucker bet of the week. He knows his stuff. You guys would be better off listening to what he has to say.

Balco10
    Balco10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Wilson is overrated and not a pocket passer. Put him on the Miami and they wouldn't make the playoffs. Brady on Miami makes them an instant playoff team.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: TitsArriba

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Bunch of psychics in here.

He doesn't have to be great, just good enough. And then he'll be one of the few starting QB's to ever sport a SB ring. And that says he was good enough At least to not lose it for them.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

He is no star but he has that something about him winners have. The kid is very intelligent and from what I have seen he plays wise beyond his years. Is he better than Brady or Manning? Of course not, but who else is either? I think he is a great fit for the type of team Seahawks are right now and that is what is important.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Phatman36

Dougie_Fre$h
    Dougie_Fre$h's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 157

Russell is Trent Dilfer

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

Quote Originally Posted by austintx05 View Post
    I can vouche for c-gold. I joined covers back in 2005 and have followed c-gold ever since. He used to post the sucker bet of the week. He knows his stuff. You guys would be better off listening to what he has to say.
    Forget 2005. I was a documented 60% capper this year and I challenged everybody, show me somebody here who had a better year than me and nobody can do it because I was the best capper here this year.

Yeah and back then think about all the people that said how good Vick was, or people liked Byron Leftwich at one time... I mean look at his stats! and David Garrard - he doesn't throw picks! Matt Schaub had some decent statistical years. All that sh it is fools gold to fools who don't understand the game.

The poster above said it best. Russell Wilson is a media creation because he is a nice mature guy with some smarts. Who else can complete 9 of 18 passes for 102 yards and get rave reviews from the media like he is Drew Brees or something... he can beat you with his arm... with his legs... Yeah right, what arm? His 200 passing yards per game? No passing yards aren't everything. Matt Stafford gets tons of yards but he sucks but I am telling you that Russell Wilson isn't very good either. Sometimes yards do tell the story.

Ohhhhh but look at his yards per play, his efficiency! It's a lot easier to be efficient if you throw 3 passes per game than if you threw 100. Potentially. Especially if many of them are play action and can catch the other team off guard. I have seen the efficiency argument before with guys like David Garrard who sucks. Or RG3 last year and how did he do this year? 3 wins and a fat seat on the bench???

Do you know how many of these quarterbacks are intelligent? Pretty much all of them. Ryan Fitzpatrick is not only intelligent, this guy is in the top 1% of intelligence out there.

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by austintx05 View Post
    Name:  13WASH-CAM 12x12 Wash Cloth-S.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  29.1 KB

Here's a wash cloth to clean up the mess he left on your face

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11041

pete carroll is smart to use russell wilson as a game manager because when you have a D and a running game like this the last thing you need is your passing game to take chances and screw it up. football 101.

for a "game manager" that you call him in a derogatory way he sure has done very well leading the team the past 2 years

The Kraken

Best game manager in the history of the game is.......

Tom Brady

crazykind
    crazykind's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Quote Originally Posted by eeks View Post
    Russell Wilson is a media creation because he has such a great attitude. He is not accurate at all. He is very elusive and can create and make plays to wide open recievers after a 10 second play, but thats about it. Has been horrible since 49ers beat him up a few weeks ago.
    Kap>Wilson in every way
    Arm strength-Kap
    Accuracy-Kap
    Legs-Kap
    Size-Kap
    IT factor-even
    sorry to let facts get in the way, but Russell Wilson holds the NCAA record for highest completion % in a single season

KKoz9
    KKoz9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

I'll say it again...

Wilson is this generation's Jeff Garcia.

He can perform with a good supporting cast but make him "the man" who HAS TO make plays for you and forget it.

Truth.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: C-Gold, and TitsArriba

KKoz9
    KKoz9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Bunch of psychics in here.

He doesn't have to be great, just good enough. And then he'll be one of the few starting QB's to ever sport a SB ring. And that says he was good enough At least to not lose it for them.

Your making the OP's point for him.

Wilson = Dilfer
    Points Awarded:

C-Gold gave KKoz9 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8999

Quote Originally Posted by KKoz9 View Post
    Your making the OP's point for him.

Wilson = Dilfer

As long as he wins, who the fuk cares if he's a "game manager" or not?

ramones951
    ramones951's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 891

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Op's girl calls c gold a manager

I mean you prob have the guidelines written in your hand

but it just doesn't work out

Luckycharms2012
    Luckycharms2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5412

C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT SACKS QBR RTG
    C. Kaepernick 14/24 153 6.4 1 2 2-6 65.1 56.4

R. Wilson 16/25 215 8.6 1 0 4-22 38.9 104.6

Seahawks 23 - 49ers 17

Last edited by Luckycharms2012; 01-20-14 at 01:51 AM.

PAYTON20
    PAYTON20's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 770

Quote Originally Posted by Luckycharms2012 View Post

Seahawks 23 - 49ers 17

Maybe Kaepernick should learn how to manage a game

the guy choked and wilted under the pressure.

Throwing picks all over the place in the game's most crucial moments.

HustleGetPaid
    HustleGetPaid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5089

Quote Originally Posted by swordsandtequila View Post
    You're wasting your time. If Wilson was white this thread wouldn't exist.
    You are right! This clown gold guy really hates black QBs. Shit been going for years with this guy. Just ignore this fake gold buying clown...

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Cgolds argument is he is a game manager.

I agree with Cgold, he is a game manager.

What's wrong with being a game manager? Especially a winning one on a team built to succeed with Wilson at QB?

Game Manager doesn't mean he sucks.

HustleGetPaid
    HustleGetPaid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5089

I understand what he says but this guy always throws in the "black/white" element it when it comes to QBs.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3229

On that 53 yard pass to Baldwin against SF Wilson showed his arm strength. AS a matter of fact he may have a stronger arm at this point than the Sheriff. Of course I would rather have the Sheriff for the Super Bowl, but believe Wilson will play well. TO compare him to Tim Tebow is absurd. Wilson has a future in this league and I would say that Luck is the only new QB I would take over him. Therefore Wilson >Kap, Cam, RG3.

C-Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Luckycharms2012 View Post

Seahawks 23 - 49ers 17

Kap's leading running back had 14 yards. His backup had 16 yards. He was on the road where it was pretty much impossible to call audibles. The refs were against him and even with all the odds against him, no running game and difficult conditions he was still was 1 slightly underthrown ball away from winning the game. He throws that ball a little bit harder and Crabtree makes the catch and Sherman is the goat becauase Crab did have him and was behind him.

Wilson on the other hand had a 109 yard bell cow running back and 1 TD pass on a play where the 49ers jumped off sides and he just threw a ball up and took a chance. He was awful in the pocket. He holds onto the ball way too long and always takes off at the first scent of pressure. He never learned how to slide in the pocket or speed up his progressions. It's always take off right or take off left.

Wilson has a super stacked team right now but at some point guys are going to out grow their contracts. When people start getting paid Wilson will either have to learn how to play the position of QB or he will be extinct like others before him who won ugly.

C-Gold

Quote Originally Posted by HustleGetPaid View Post
    You are right! This clown gold guy really hates black QBs. Shit been going for years with this guy. Just ignore this fake gold buying clown...
    That's all in your imagination bud.

I lay out arguments against Wilson and people don't like it and bring up the race card.

C-Gold

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    Cgolds argument is he is a game manager.

I agree with Cgold, he is a game manager.

What's wrong with being a game manager? Especially a winning one on a team built to succeed with Wilson at QB?

Game Manager doesn't mean he sucks.

So you agree he is a game manager. That's the point of my thread!

I never said he sucks, but he isn't 1/16th as good as ESPN makes him out to be. ESPN is calling him Drew Brees. The only thing they have in common at all is their height and Brees is 3 inches taller than Wilson so not even that. Comparing Russell Wilson to Drew Brees is like comparing Alex Smith to Peyton Manning.

ESPN went way wayyyyyyy overboard.

Yeah he is a mature guy, he has an IQ above 100, but by god he is not anywhere close to as good as Brees and his 200 passing yards per game put him at the bottom of the entire league. He has a lot more in common with Christian Ponder (who sucks) than Drew Brees who is good.

TC Woods
    TC Woods's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 479

Quote Originally Posted by BennyBigNuts View Post
    Definitely not a winner.
    Will finish his career as a below avg QB when its all over. Doesn't have the tools.
    Just has a smart coach who doesn't let him do anything, same as Alex Smith with SF.
    Seattle defense is just insane.
    He could be another Trent Dilfer though, the defense is that good. But he's black so that won't happen.
    Wilson will never win games based on his talents.
    Awful arm, terrible accuracy, 3 years from now after a surgery or 2 and not being able to scramble here n there, it's over.

Clueless

TC Woods
    TC Woods's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 479

Quote Originally Posted by eeks View Post
    Kap>Wilson in every way
    Arm strength-Kap
    Accuracy-Kap
    Legs-Kap
    Size-Kap
    IT factor-even

First 1234 Last