SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Want a good 1 week stock trade?

FCX $37.49

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=FCX+Basic+Chart&t=1y

Even in the face of a massive decline in all the metals this miner is barreling higher. I think gold gets at least a dead cat bounce right after the first of the year. It's been over sold for year end window dressing. This stock is right next to its yearly high and looks like it could break out for a quick 3 point move. Salad and good luck!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: TitsArriba

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Walker talk to me about Alcoa. AA

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Gold Mining stocks took a pounding this year. Many down over 40% .

They cannot go much lower as many would go bankrupt .

Twitter is a good short sell next year

mighty maron
    USA Bra over 2.5
    mighty maron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

Forex is the wtg

SBR_John
    Wisky

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Walker talk to me about Alcoa. AA
    AA bounces too, its related. Not a follower of AA but the tape sure looks good the last couple of months. It would not be a long term core holding, too much debt and flat line growth. Its trapped.

jjgold

Get A rated Corporate Bonds 4-5%

Forex??

Usd/jpy goes to 116

Easy
    Easy

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

AA is a much better buy and hold. Can go to $14-15 a share easily by October 2014.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

^ he's got it, AA is an easy long term profit.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2260

I got my eyes on FTEK

jarvol
    jarvol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3670

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    I got my eyes on FTEK
    The easy $ in FTEK has already been made.

SBR_John
    Wisky

Quote Originally Posted by NYSportsGuy210 View Post
    AA is a much better buy and hold. Can go to $14-15 a share easily by October 2014.
    It might be, don't know. What I do know is that it has a past 5 year growth rate of -1% and nearly $8 billion more debt than cash. Out of the 6,000 or so listed stocks there are at least a several thousand better than AA. But sure, it could add a few points from here.

jjgold

Blackberry a great short sell also

Petey Wheatstraw
    Petey Wheatstraw's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    FCX $37.49

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=FCX+Basic+Chart&t=1y

Even in the face of a massive decline in all the metals this miner is barreling higher. I think gold gets at least a dead cat bounce right after the first of the year. It's been over sold for year end window dressing. This stock is right next to its yearly high and looks like it could break out for a quick 3 point move. Salad and good luck!
    Good luck with that. Personally, I would stay away from any metals unti the Fall of 2015.

And also, don't invest in Karastan.

US equities should continue bulling ahead in 2014. Bottom line.

I could give many reasons why, but shall reserve myself.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2260

Quote Originally Posted by Petey Wheatstraw View Post
    Good luck with that. Personally, I would stay away from any metals unti the Fall of 2015.

And also, don't invest in Karastan.

US equities should continue bulling ahead in 2014. Bottom line.

I could give many reasons why, but shall reserve myself.

shitstraw, give us just two more reasons
    Points Awarded:

gauchojake gave Chi_archie 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

NYSportsGuy210

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    It might be, don't know. What I do know is that it has a past 5 year growth rate of -1% and nearly $8 billion more debt than cash. Out of the 6,000 or so listed stocks there are at least a several thousand better than AA. But sure, it could add a few points from here.
    Dude I have made an average of $20K a year the last three years in the market. In 2011 I had Apple Inc., YAHOO!, a swing trade with IDCC and Goodyear to thank me for that amongst other trades. In 2012, Apple again all in till $680, MA, DDD and AT&T made me a good chunk. In 2013 it's been TSLA, SCTY, BAC and Facebook that have been killing it for me....especially TSLA.

In 2014....I expect TSLA, Facebook, Apple to all go up even higher along with INO (up 300% in 2013 already) and Boeing and Alcoa to to be where the money is at. BAC will also continue to $20 a share as they get rid of bad CMO debt remaining from the 2008 mortgage back security debacle.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Dude I have made an average of $20K a year the last three years in the market. In 2011 I had Apple Inc., YAHOO!, a swing trade with IDCC and Goodyear to thank me for that amongst other trades. In 2012, Apple again all in till $680, MA, DDD and AT&T made me a good chunk. In 2013 it's been TSLA, SCTY, BAC and Facebook that have been killing it for me....especially TSLA.

In 2014....I expect TSLA, Facebook, Apple to all go up even higher along with INO (up 300% in 2013 already) and Boeing and Alcoa to to be where the money is at. BAC will also continue to $20 a share as they get rid of bad CMO debt remaining from the 2008 mortgage back security debacle.
    $20k wouldn't even pay Walker's dry cleaning bill, son.

I think this may be the wrong thread for you. Run along now.
    Points Awarded:

C-Gold gave opie1988 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: TitsArriba, and C-Gold

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

The money in 2014 is going to be made on the short side. Short the most over priced shit.

Amazon, Twitter, Face penetrate, Tesla.

Yes I agree with JJ also, good money will be made shorting the Yen.

I still wouldn't by PMs here, that trade is dead.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Disagree on Amazon being overpriced/overrated.....They will continue to grow and expand in coming years

Twitter seems way more sustainable/safe than facebook

C-Gold

Amazon sells a lot of shit but they aren't making money. Huge problem don't you think? Especially when you consider they don't really have a moat. Anybody can start a warehouse and sell shit for cheap. See Overstock.com or many others that will pop up.

It is sort of like myspace/facebook/friendsterr in that regard. Anybody can start a social network, the thing is right now Amazon is the popular one that everybody uses. But that could change in the future, see Myspace.

So right now they are on top and they still aren't making money. This stock is horribly over priced. It is all about hope and people praying for a long shot.

jjgold

I would not short Amazon it is a massive empire and growing still a lot of room on the upside

Petey Wheatstraw

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    shitstraw, give us just two more reasons
    1) European countries financial health is on life support. We will use Greece as an example, and this trend will continue to permeate other countries around the globe. As it happens, people will want to find a better haven for their money and guess where they going to put it and make it work? The United Staes of America my friend. Now eventually, the US will falter, but it will be the last country to do so. By 2016 you better be FIXED, be in the house you want to live in and have all your financial matters in prim and proper order. The downturn could last to as long as 2030. Study historical trends going back to the Roman empire.

2) Equities have always out performed the metals over time. 2014 will not stray from that trend. If you're a gold bug, you better get ready for some more beating. Not because it will decline but more because you will miss the boom of the equity markets that have an 85% chance of continuing their surge into 2014. You don't want to miss that holding your dick in one hand and a gold bar in the other.

Got it now Chi_archie? And that will be Mr. Wheatstraw to you, not Shitstraw.
    Points Awarded:

C-Gold gave Petey Wheatstraw 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: C-Gold

jjgold

Love all the gloom theories

Why??

It sells

Other Countries cannot get much lower, Asia doing ok also

Long Term money in CD's will win though

Petey Wheatstraw

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Love all the gloom theories

Why??

It sells

Other Countries cannot get much lower, Asia doing ok also

Long Term money in CD's will win though
    What rate you getting on dat CD jj, and term?

I'll be frank with ya, I work for the firm of Katzstein & Goldberg. Our advice and long term investment strategies are unparralled for performance. Gold and metals compromise a very small portion of our recommended portfolio types. CD's? We play them in our office as background music. That's it!

SBR_John
    Wisky

1) European countries financial health is on life support. We will use Greece as an example, and this trend will continue to permeate other countries around the globe. As it happens, people will want to find a better haven for their money and guess where they going to put it and make it work? The United Staes of America my friend. Now eventually, the US will falter, but it will be the last country to do so. By 2016 you better be FIXED, be in the house you want to live in and have all your financial matters in prim and proper order. The downturn could last to as long as 2030. Study historical trends going back to the Roman empire.

2) Equities have always out performed the metals over time. 2014 will not stray from that trend. If you're a gold bug, you better get ready for some more beating. Not because it will decline but more because you will miss the boom of the equity markets that have an 85% chance of continuing their surge into 2014. You don't want to miss that holding your dick in one hand and a gold bar in the other.

I agree with many of your points. Where we might differ is the strategy. I have no problem opening a position on gold at $1200 and laddering into a position throughout the year. If I can buy at $950 I will. I won't go all in but I will keep buying as a hedge to my paper investments.

I also like mid term bonds say 6 to 10 year maturities, not funds. The world has to keep a lid on interest rates or the interest on these massive sovereign debts will swallow the world if interest rates are allowed to rise. I wouldn't buy anything real estate related for the reasons you mentioned. Be an opportunity for that later.

One more thing on gold; it pays no dividend. A portfolio could have up to 30% gold and mining stocks and in this climate should have the same in mid term bonds leaving about a third in conservative equities.

Petey Wheatstraw

John,

I don't think gold will reach 950$, but you never know. At that price, even I would have to say it would become a buy.

NYSportsGuy210

Quote Originally Posted by C-Gold View Post
    Amazon sells a lot of shit but they aren't making money. Huge problem don't you think? Especially when you consider they don't really have a moat. Anybody can start a warehouse and sell shit for cheap. See Overstock.com or many others that will pop up.

It is sort of like myspace/facebook/friendsterr in that regard. Anybody can start a social network, the thing is right now Amazon is the popular one that everybody uses. But that could change in the future, see Myspace.

So right now they are on top and they still aren't making money. This stock is horribly over priced. It is all about hope and people praying for a long shot.
    This guy is an idiot. He tried to write a post about stocks before and it was the most noob and misinformed thread about the topic I have ever seen. He's an arrogant gloomy gus and moron combined in one.

allabout the $$$
    Update your status
    allabout the $$$'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26701

This guy is an idiot. He tried to write a post about stocks before and it was the most noob and misinformed thread about the topic I have ever seen. He's an arrogant gloomy gus and moron combined in one.
    youre calling someone arrogant

Dude I have made an average of $20K a year the last three years in the market.
    you made 20k a year is that supposed to impress someone???? get out of the sandbox with the kids and become a man

C-Gold

At least I am not a disgusting stinky Persian who lives in Queens and rides the short bus.

C-Gold

Guy I know bought a couple homes in 2007 because prices only go up. Then when they went down he bought another place in 2009. I told him he was an idiot and will be underwater for 20 years.

Guy is married with kids and lives with his parents now.

C-Gold

Gold is so over hyped. Every bear/republican/non MSM lemming wants their gold.

Gold is going to go down a lot further than people think and YES, the dollar is going to be the safe haven as the other countries domino fall. The USA is wreckless but it is still the most trusted debtor in the world.

Petey Wheatstraw

Quote Originally Posted by C-Gold View Post
    Guy I know bought a couple homes in 2007 because prices only go up. Then when they went down he bought another place in 2009. I told him he was an idiot and will be underwater for 20 years.

Guy is married with kids and lives with his parents now.
    Comparing the housing market of 2007 and what happened afterwards is certainly an apple and orange comparison to my points.

I will say this. In 2007/08 my total portfolio dropped in half from it's all time high. What did I do? Nothing.

Key point there. Now from that low I am precisely up 309% and at an all time high, investing in US equities.
    Patience, investing for the long term in solid US companies and avoiding the day trader (gambling) route will serve you well. Depends on your age too, but I steer clear pretty much from the bond market. This can and will change, certainly. A bear is always lurking around the corner.

For me, Autumn of 2015, will be the time to reckon with that grizzly.
    Until then, it will be pedal to the medal as I have previously described.

I am a good gambler, speculator and investor. I'm not asking you to trust me or follow me, just do what's good for you. I have spieled now. Best wishes.

NYSportsGuy210

Quote Originally Posted by allabout the $$$ View Post
    youre calling someone arrogant

you made 20k a year is that supposed to impress someone???? get out of the sandbox with the kids and become a man
    When will you understand no one cares what you think....never met anyone NOT named Lakerboy so desperate for attention before

allabout the $$$
    Update your status
    allabout the $$$'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26701

When will you understand no one cares what you think....never met anyone NOT named Lakerboy so desperate for attention before
    never met someone who has to copy other peoples stories to try and make themselves look good

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

never met someone who has to copy other peoples stories to try and make themselves look good
    Good posting

NYSportsGuy210

Never met someone who copies my picks and passes them off as his own.

1234 Last