Rangers901
    Rangers901's Avatar Become A Pro!

Oklahoma State +9.5 (-106) & ML +290

Gentlemen,

This line is a perfect example of how lines are created. Trap this, trap that, etc. is all a facade.

We have a Baylor team that has proven they can put up a great number of points against cupcakes, and teams that don't play defense. We have seen this happen a million times in college football, and it will continue to happen due to the parity.

It's already well known that Baylor has struggled on the road in years past. This season, they've have the luxury of playing a grand total of two road games thus far. The first road game was against KState, a game that Baylor got outplayed and should have lost. Most don't seem to remember just weeks ago that they were losing in the 4th quarter to an inferior team. Luckily, they were able to pull off the win in the 4th quarter and salvage their undefeated season at the time. Then, they go on the road against a terrible Kansas team, put up their share of points, while also giving up 14. That game's fairly irrelevant, so we won't even go there.

We have an Ok State team that had it's bump in the road early in the season, only to emerge from that bad game to start another streak. This Ok State team looks like the best one I've seen in years. Why one may ask? Simple, this team can actually play defense. Ok State have had some very good teams, but most of them struggled to play defense. I have no doubt that this Ok State team will get its stops, how many, I don't know, but I think they are solid enough to get more stops than Baylor.

Now, we have a Baylor team that clearly struggled against KState in their only real road game of the season, but was able to squeek out the win. The reaity is Baylor won't be so luck against Ok State because their offense is potent enough to put Baylor away if they fall behind like they did against KState.

This line is a perfect example of how they base much of what they do on the perception over reality. Baylor shouldn't be a favourite here, that's simply nonsense, but what are the books supposed to do, set this line at a PK and have every public dollar on Baylor? They know that if they set a line around 10, that they'll get much closer to 50/50 action.

Does baylor have a great offense at home? Yes, are they a great team, no. In fact, I'll go as far as saying that, IMO, Oklahoma State is an all around better football team than Baylor.

This spot and situation is a smart bettors team. A bad road team going into the house of a good football team that can put up a ton of points, as well as play some solid defense. I didn't have time to include everything I wanted to, so I'll continue to add some until Saturday.

Points Awarded:

Okst.BIGPLAYS gave Rangers901 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Okst.BIGPLAYS
    Okst.BIGPLAYS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 703

Good write up!!!!

Rangers901

Quote Originally Posted by Okst.BIGPLAYS View Post
    Good write up!!!!
    I'll be adding some more thoughts up until kickoff.

Tough crowd around here, ehh.

boss_of_um
    boss_of_um's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14883

Add the fact the game is a night game and the Pokes will be stoked. I will be on both of these plays myself.

buckeyesooner
    buckeyesooner's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2127

Gotta agree, already listed as one of my plays this week.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

public is pounding Ok state believe it or not

i was going to take them too but not after i saw that.

prime time game and all ... no way.

k1ko
    k1ko's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1166

Hopefully baylor struggles with ok state as much as they struggled with k state, get a nice 10 point win

Charlie103
    Charlie103's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 634

Baylor will cover that number easily but Im glad to see people betting OK State

Celtics08
    Celtics08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3444

All people with OkState +9...Slap the town.

Rangers901

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie103 View Post

Potentate
    Skirred Money
    Potentate's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie103 View Post
    I'm glad I bet OK State.