Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

Regul8er's Completely Stress Free 100 Bet Challenge

Whats Good Gentlemen. OK, I have held true to not gambling for a decent stretch now, during my favourite part of the season. Well, a good friend of mine up in Canada said all he and his roommates do these days is bet and watch sports. My buddy has never been a gambler, but opened an account yesterday. He deposited $1,000, and wants me to make all of his picks, without any reprecussions if I lose. I'm pretty sure the guy makes 6 figures, so it's a drop in the bucket for him.

With that said, he asked me to bet 100 games, and see where things stand at that point. I'm only going to be looking at Hoops and Football (both pro and college). He mentioned that if I can make him a decent profit, he'll share the wealth. He also gave me his login info, and told me to just place the bets myself, and let him know who I took. He made it clear no bets on anything other then basketball or football, and no quarter or halftime bets, only full game. He knows I have a history of going crazy........so I'm gonna hold true to the request, obviously! Also, he wants me to make every bet to win $100, so 10% of his roll right off the bat. With that said, the 100 bet challenge could potentially be completed after only 9 straight plays.

Not a bad deal for someone who can't afford to place a bet. I will track plays on here to keep myself accountable, and will update my spreadsheet.

Oh, and I am currently sitting at 1-0, as I got lucky and won with the Dallas Mavericks last night at -2.5.

So right now:
    1-0 NBA ($100)
    0-0 NCAAB ($0)
    0-0 NFL ($0)
    0-0 NCAAF ($0)

1-0 COMBINED ($100)

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

No stress no seeds no stems no sticks some of that real sticky icky icky
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: greenhippo

Regul8er
    Wordd

Ewwwww Weeeeee......put in the air!

billysink
    billysink's Avatar Become A Pro!

good opportunity.

No more than 4% per unit and no more than 4 units in play. Take the variance out of it. Tell your friend that is best for him.

10% is too much.

You know your stuff otherwise. Always been a solid capper by my recollection

Good luck

Regul8er
    Wordd

billysink....thanks for the comments!
    I've always put up good percentages.....but I was never able to control chasing, which gets you in trouble everytime.

I agree about eliminating the variance, but with that said....I'm going to go ahead and just follow his rules that he spelled out.
    Going to post a few plays in a little bit.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7345

I don't belive this.

Regul8er
    Wordd

As in you don't believe I'm back, or you don't believe the details of my post to be true?

ChrisInTheMist
    ChrisInTheMist's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    I don't belive this.
    This. Who stakes a player that hasn't even made a profit and all the times I seen regul8r post, they were terrible picks

Regul8er
    Wordd

hahahaha.....coming from a guy who has been here for less then 2 months!

I've had some pretty good runs on here over the years ChrisIn TheMist. However, money management has always gotten me in trouble.
    Don't really have a choice but to play by the rules, as there is some incentive to me if I can get on a heater.

ChrisInTheMist

Quote Originally Posted by Regul8er View Post
    hahahaha.....coming from a guy who has been here for less then 2 months!

I've had some pretty good runs on here over the years ChrisIn TheMist. However, money management has always gotten me in trouble.
    Don't really have a choice but to play by the rules, as there is some incentive to me if I can get on a heater.
    Ok that's fine and all. You don't have to lie and say some one staked you money.. Just be honest and admit u got a loan and you're ready to go

Regul8er
    Wordd

Why would I possibly lie to you guys? Many guys here can attest that I'm a straight shooter, and am not into making up stories. I've had some difficult times in the past few years and let the sbr community know that.

Not much for me to gain to make up a stupid story. Believe me when I say I have no outs, and no access to money or loans!

innovation
    innovation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 239

I would make him agree to an incentive based commission. If you are going to grind away and do all the work for peanuts. Why even bother. $1k ain't nothing for this guy. If he is going end up giving you like 10% then just plop the whole amount on one game and you don't have to waste your time.

Of course unless this is feeding your need for action.

Regul8er
    Wordd

innovation.....thats just it. This is feeding my need for action. I used to enjoy keeping records and constantly trying to stay above 55%. But lately, I've just been betting everything imagineable, just for action. 2am tennis matches, soccer matches during the day, anything!

These guidelines will keep me focused. This guy is a pretty good friend, and I can say with confidence that he won't screw me over if I do end up grinding him a nice profit. I would venture to say he would give me well above 10% for my efforts.

When you have no access to funds, and your a gambler.....this is a pretty good challenge. I won't get so emotionally attached, knowing it's not a do or die situation for me. But at the same time, I don't wanna lose my buddies money.....so I will do my homework

Sarunas
    Sarunas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

the gays of so much powers in the Hollywood make this game

'i's gives yous 10,000 for the project. Not is problem. not is risk

Not make the successes?, then! If not makes the successes theys want the moneys!

what? no moneys? is okay, yous make the payments with the hole of ass
    Points Awarded:

Nick Papageorgio gave Sarunas 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Regul8er gave Sarunas 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Regul8er
    Wordd

Play #2: (NCAAB) Massachusetts Minutemen -4.5 vs Nebraska Cornhuskers. $115 to Win $100

I watched these guys a bunch last year, and was very impressed. They lost a few keys pieces, but return super guard Chaz Williams and valuable pieces around him. This team plays at a fast pace, evidenced by there 88 points a game in 3 games, against 3 decent opponents. If Nebraska is going to have any shot of keeping this close, they are going to have to control the pace and play an almost exclusive half court game. Nebraska lost Talley, Ubel and Almeida off last years roster. Also interesting, Nebraska went 2-11 in road and neutral court games last year, with wins over bottom feeders Penn St and Wake Forest. In fact, of the 11 losses, they only kept one inside of 10 points. Sure the Big 10 is tough sledding, but UTEP and Kent St put a hurt on them as well.

I'll take my chances with the Minutemen at this line.

ChrisInTheMist

Quote Originally Posted by Sarunas View Post
    the gays of so much powers in the Hollywood make this game

'i's gives yous 10,000 for the project. Not is problem. not is risk

Not make the successes?, then! If not makes the successes theys want the moneys!

what? no moneys? is okay, yous make the payments with the hole of ass
    Lmao I controlled myself until the last sentence LOL

MiDNiTe
    MiDNiTe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5520

i am a degen gambler who has had problems in crazy tilt bets and losing it mentally but out of straight luck, who would believe a degen gambler like me getting it lucky? and finding a rich guy gamble his money with no strings attached if i lose his dosh

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

Bad money management. Your bankroll should have quadrupled by now with two all in bets. U need help

TwoWays

Boom! Umass covers. Bankroll should be 4k. UnreAl

Regul8er
    Wordd

Twoways........no sh!t right? haha

Nebraska almost backdoored my a$$. UMass is amazingly talented offensively, and woefully horrific defensively. Glad to sneak this one through.

Regul8er
    Wordd

Play #3: (NCAAB) Georgia Bulldogs -2 vs Davidson Wildcats. $110 to Win $100

Before really taking a closer look at this one, I was thinking Davidson was the pick here. My head was telling me that Davidson has played in this arena MANY, MANY times over the years, and probably have a pretty good comfort level. But after researching, I feel Davidson is getting too much respect based on their reputation. Davidson is going to greatly miss Cohen, Kuhlman, Mann...and its already shown, as they were manhandled by Duke and Virginia....which usually doesn't happen with a McKillop coached team. On the other hand, Georgia is coming off a beating against Georgia Tech. Yes, Georgia will greatly miss Caldwell-Pope....but maybe not as much as we think. They have some pretty good pieces back from a respectable team last year, and opportunities for others such as Gaines, Mann and the Williams' have opened up. Ultimately I think Georgia's size will give Davidson some troubles here. Davidson could certainly neutralize that if they are effective from downtown.

Regul8er
    Wordd

Play #4: (NCAAB) Boston College Eagles +9.5 vs UConn Huskies. $105 to Win $100

Sure, UConn has played great thus far, we all know that. Napier, Boatright and Giffey have all gotten off to great starts. As a team, they have knocked down 40 of 76 three points, a 53% clip....pretty mind boggling. This has helped to some pretty comfortable wins. But their 1st four games have all come in their friendly confines. That first game on the road, or at a neutral site is generally a challenge, and BC is no rollover at the Garden tonight. Yes, there are sitting at 1-3, but lost in OT at a very talented Providence team, and lost a close one at home to UMass. I'm not defending their home loss to Toledo, or even there scrape by against Florida Atlantic. BC struggled last year, but seemed to pretty competitive the last month or so. Very young team, as just about every player who played big minutes is back. A team that looks for the 3.....but have started slow so far behind the arc. I'm hoping normal distrubution sticks its ugly head in tonight in NYC. I really like Ryan Anderson, and I see him presenting challenges for UConn's bigs. He is a pretty physical force inside, but can play away from the basket. I'm sure this will be a strategy of BC tonight, getting Brimah and Daniels out of the paint.

Regul8er
    Wordd

Play #5: (NBA) Denver Nuggets ML vs Chicago Bulls. $100 to Win $100

Alright, last play of the day gentlemen. I'm going to roll with the Nuggets at home. The last few years, I've jumped at the opportunity of getting Denver at home when they are dogs. Very difficult to place to play, even though they've dropped two thus far, albeit to San Antonio and Portland. Wilson Chandler has provided a nice spark since returning a few games back. In my opinion, this is the deepest team in the NBA. Not bad when you have guys like Andre Miller and Nate Robinson giving you less then 20 minutes per game. McGee out with a tibia injury doesn't help, but Chicago doesn't have a big time scoring option at the rim (I consider Boozer more of a tweener). Chicago has had it's troubles on the road, sporting a 1-3 record. They will obviously try to keep the pace at their liking, which requires jump shooters to knock em down. I know this one is going to be tough, but like I said, anytime I can get the Nuggets at home at this price, I'll take it.

Check back tomorrow!

Regul8er
    Wordd

Alright.......3-1 day yesterday, to push the overall record to 4-1. Just need to continue this over every 5 bet span, lol.

Davidson definately got me. A few interesting stats from that one. Davidson was 34-41 from the free throw line (Gerogia only 19-24) and Davidson only turned the ball over 5 times. Yup, should have gone with my head here.

Boston College nearly won as a 9.5 dog. Part of this selection was based on thinking UConn would come back to earth shooting 3's and BC's would start falling down. UConn hit 3.....BC hit 8.

Denver was in control basically the entire game. My buddy texted me before the game thinking it was a dumb pick, as his roomates were both on Chicago. I think now Chicago is like 1-16 in their last 17 trips to Denver....tough place to play.

2-0 NBA ($200)
    2-1 NCAAB ($90)
    0-0 NFL ($0)
    0-0 NCAAF ($0)

4-1 COMBINED ($290)

thunderous
    Update your status
    thunderous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7111

Good Work! keep it up

Regul8er
    Wordd

Play #6: (NCAAB) Georgetown Hoyas -5 vs Kansas State Wildcats. $110 to Win $100

Maybe I'm a sucker taking Georgetown today after yesterday's lackluster performance. But this bet is more about going against K-State. I just don't feel this team is capable of hanging with teams of Georgetown's calibre. I mean yesterday Charlotte turned the ball over 19 times, shot under 40% from the field, and still won the game comfortably....that's a problem. I just feel K-State lost too much to hang in these type of games this early in the year. Yes, G-Town got embarassed last night against Northeastern. Regardless, I still see Georgetown as being the superior team here. From what I heard, they were they just could not penetrate Northeastern's zone. Smith, Starks and Smith-Rivera all had rough games.....and are certainly all capable of bounce back performances. If Joshua Smith can play anything like he did in Korea against Oregon, K-State doesn't have the personnel to match up. I thought this line was going to be 3-4 points higher, but obviously yesterday's performance was fresh in the books minds.

Regul8er
    Wordd

Play #7: (NCAAB) UAB Blazers -1.5 vs Nebraska Cornhuskers. $110 to Win $100

How could you not be impressed with UAB yesterday, except of course for the final result. They showed a lot of guts after New Mexico forced OT late, to get back ahead by a few baskets in OT, only to have it happen all over again. New Mexico is a force, we all know this, and UAB looked like the better team for much of the game. This team looks plenty athletic, while they have 2 JUCO transfers leading the way in terms of scoring. Slightly worried about a letdown here after an emotional loss yesterday. As I mentioned yesterday, I just don't like this Nebraska team much. They couldn't win away from Lincoln last year, and they lost key pieces. Petteway had a breakout game yesterday, and almost single handedly took down UMass. Something didn't look right with Gallegos yesterday, he wasn't in foul trouble....and barely played the 2nd half. If something is wrong with Gallegos, where does the scoring come from? Yeah, they scored 90 yesterday...but with the help of a whistle fest, and horrendous UMass defense.

Regul8er
    Wordd

Georgetown wins by 27 and UAB wins by 13. Not a bad start to the day!
    Will likely have 3 more plays today.....just waiting for the right lines.

Regul8er
    Wordd

Play #8: (NCAAB) Michigan Wolverines -3 vs Florida State Seminoles. $105 to Win $100

Not sure which way this line is gonna go in the next 2 hours, but I want to ensure it doesn't jump. Dispite Michigan's loss at Iowa St (which is very difficult road assignment in November) what's not to like about the Wolverines? They have balance, size and depth, plus a few sharp shooters. They also compete on the defensive end. Florida St is no slouch, but I think their getting a bit too much respect after yesterday's beatdown of VCU. I'm sure that game was pretty taxing on them, as they must have exerted tremendous amounts of energy, especially dealing with the havoc defense. I feel good about going against the team who played that havoc defense only 18 hours earlier. Don't get me wrong, I like the Seminoles and think they finish in the top to middle half in the ACC.....but Michigan matches up pretty well here.....especially given the back to back situation.

theballsflop
    Fish
    theballsflop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Seems like u're on a good run. Will follow your NCAAB picks as I have no fkn clue what's going on anyway. GL

Regul8er
    Wordd

Play #9: (NCAAB) Seton Hall Pirates +2 vs Oklahoma Sooners. $110 to Win $100

A virtual home game for the Pirates tonight at the Barclays Center. They haven't performed great thus far, but I like the pieces and depth they have. This team got off to a nice start last year, and completely fizzed out only winning 3 of their last 19 games. They were competitive in a lot of games, but just didn't have the skill and experience of most Big East schools. They return most of the roster, and have some size to bang with the Sooners, who won't be nearly as tough on the glass this year. I look for Gene Teague to have his 1st big game of the year. Oklahoma lost there top 3 scorers last year in Pledger, Osby and M'Baye. Tough opponent for a young team to play in it's first road test of the year. Yes...I'm counting this as a road game.

Regul8er
    Wordd

Play #10: (NBA) Cleveland Cavaliers +7 @ New Orleans Pelicans. $115 to Win $100

This is almost more of a hunch game for me. These guys have been getting beaten on the road this year, and beaten pretty badly. With that said, I just feel like the Pelicans are a team they can play well in this spot away from home. The few times I've seen the Pelicans play this year, they've looked horrible. Sure they are 5-6, but look who they've beaten......Utah, Philly, Charlotte, Lakers and Memphis, not very impressive. To me 7 points is a couple too many. I had this capped around 4.5, so I'll take 7 anyday.

Regul8er
    Wordd

Last play of the day for me.....I promise!

Play #11: (NCAAB)
    UCLA Bruins -16 vs Morehead State Eagles. $110 to Win $100

Before I discuss this one, I want you to know that I rarely, rarely ever lay this many points in any sport. OK, I watched Morehead live last Friday against Xavier at the Cintas Center. They didn't even belong on the same floor. X was bigger, faster, stronger and just all around more talented. Xavier won that game by 23. Morehead is 4-1, with a nice win vs Marshall....but I'm not putting too much stock into that, based on what I saw with my own eyes. Plus, Morehead played in Cincinnati last Friday, travelled back home to play Marshall on Sunday, then came back to the Cincinnati area, to play Northern Kentucky on Tuesday. I'm guessing they flew straight to Vegas from Northern Kentucky after Tuesday's game. That's a lot of travel in a short span. UCLA last played Monday, and made the short trip to Vegas from there. UCLA is missing a few pieces still, but they are still a far superior team to Xavier at this point in time. Plus, it's the first time all year both Wear's be suited up. I think the size of the Wear's, plus the size of Adams and Anderson at the guard will be way too much for a pretty small Morehead team. I can see UCLA getting this thing over 16 by the intermission.

TwoWays

weak, reg. time to up the ante. this 1x shiz ain't cutting it.

Regul8er
    Wordd

Ya win some ya lose some! Michigan up 5 with the ball and 7 seconds left. Turnover then a 3. Then 2 missed FT's with 2 seconds left to miss by a point. Here it comes boys...haha

12 Last