Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
    drinker those bouncy red balls distract me from the subject at hand guey

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Quote Originally Posted by William Walters View Post
    Mayan.......we've always been cool.........and you know I respect the fact that you served our country. So, I ask this as an e-pal.........why is it that you always find yourself in the middle of e-race-wars?

IMHO.........today just isn't the day.
    Hey William, I'm not the one that brings that shit up... Talk to your peeps...

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    i'm sure there is no preparation for 20 kids, a teacher and the principal being killed...in fact it's sickening to think that there might be some protocol in the future on how to handle events like these

i tend to cut the adults who were in charge some slack considering i'm 800 miles away and my own mind was reeling when i heard the details
    Dude, forgive me if it sounded like I was criticising or judging anyone as that was so not my intention. I just always think of the US as trying to be at the forefront of everything if that makes sense. And advising parents of the death of their children in this manner surely can't be. If it takes another hour because you need to pull more psychs in, make excuses, no? I think my problem is that like a crazy woman I keep thinking of the guys here that I know have kids. And I just keep picturing us walking in and some of us seeing our children and some not. Regardless of how we'd react in emergency situations, there's a reason professionals who deal with this were dispatched to the school immediately = purely so the average joe teacher wouldn't have to make these decisions that are way out of their competency. Again I'm not sure what the proper way to advise parents of this would be but I strongly do not think this was it.

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    This psycho shoot his mother in the face so if he shot kids in the face too you could see why it would take a while to make identifications. You do not want to tell the wrong parent their kid is dead.
    Fair enough but you get the parents in to make IDs instead? Because that's what they did. Take 8hrs if necessary to sort things out properly... that's my point.

Don't send everyone in hoping they see their child to not only find their baby isn't there but then to see the relief/tears of other families when they realise theirs is. That doesn't seem unnecessarily cruel?

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    Dude, forgive me if it sounded like I was criticising or judging anyone as that was so not my intention. I just always think of the US as trying to be at the forefront of everything if that makes sense. And advising parents of the death of their children in this manner surely can't be. If it takes another hour because you need to pull more psychs in, make excuses, no? I think my problem is that like a crazy woman I keep thinking of the guys here that I know have kids. And I just keep picturing us walking in and some of us seeing our children and some not. Regardless of how we'd react in emergency situations, there's a reason professionals who deal with this were dispatched to the school immediately = purely so the average joe teacher wouldn't have to make these decisions that are way out of their competency. Again I'm not sure what the proper way to advise parents of this would be but I strongly do not think this was it.
    taking an hour to unite kids with their parents would surely cause more harm to the kids than would help the situation....and im not trying to be critical of your comment, but im just saying there was most likely no right answer given the resources on hand at the time...like i said in another post if there were a few kids then i'm sure it could have been handled delicately but 20 sets of parents....holy shit...overwhelming

shari91

taking an hour to unite kids with their parents would surely cause more harm to the kids than would help the situation....and im not trying to be critical of your comment, but im just saying there was most likely no right answer given the resources on hand at the time...like i said in another post if there were a few kids then i'm sure it could have been handled delicately but 20 sets of parents....holy shit...overwhelming
    I don't think the time frame would have harmed the kids... no concept at that point as long at they have full bellies and are entertained. But I do see your point about being overwhelmed. Easy for me to say I guess how I'd appreciate it being handled if it were my baby or one of your guys'... much different when you're actually the person making the decisions after only practicing this at St John's on a dummy. I get that. I still feel the whole thing was horribly cruel but your point is very well taken Drinker.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

How tough is it for those cops/forensics to walk in that classroom and look at all those lil innocent kids shot in the head.. Fukking tough man.. That type if shit you never forget... Nightmares for life..

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Kevin Durant ... classy.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 4 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: shari91, InTheDrink, paranoyd androyd, and GunShard

B1GER1C828
    Bostoneric
    B1GER1C828's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    This psycho shoot his mother in the face so if he shot kids in the face too you could see why it would take a while to make identifications. You do not want to tell the wrong parent their kid is dead.
    you are so right. The parents know their kid is dead, because if they weren't dead then they would be with them. BUT, one simple mistake on this could be devastating. They have to go by protocol and of course it sucks, but they really have to do it how they are doing it.

Of course, this is just unprecedented, perhaps protocol goes out the window. You still need to just make sure you don't make a devastating mistake that changes even more lives.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

KD = one of the good guys

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    How tough is it for those cops/forensics to walk in that classroom and look at all those lil innocent kids shot in the head.. Fukking tough man.. That type if shit you never forget... Nightmares for life..
    They're amazing people doing the things we'd never wish on our worst enemy. Yet most of us call them pigs and disparage them some other way daily. It's one thing to go to work and not be sure if you have to work hard, what meetings you have, etc. It's another to not have any warning this is what you'll be dealing with. I need to start honouring the cops around me more.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: B1GER1C828

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

art is good people

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

art is good people

Art needs to join the roster of creamteam2013

We need more Arts in this world.

rfr3sh
    Blind Knucklehead
    rfr3sh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 604

I have a question maybe a religious person can help
    so I am not religious but I have heard god will always forgive you of your sins
    so if this guy asked for forgiveness would god have forgiven him?

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Kevin Durant ... classy.

Such a small thing, but so cool at the same time. Everything I hear about KD is positive. Just seems like this kid gets it.

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

edit: everyone in thread good peoples

wish the best for people dealing with real problems like CT
    Last edited by darkhat; 12-14-12 at 11:48 PM.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Quote Originally Posted by WvGambler View Post
    This would drive me absolutely insane. I would be a basket case already, but knowing my little boy was in that room lying on the floor, surrounded by death would hurt so much more. I'd want to stay the night in there with him.

It's amazing how just thinking about it makes me feel so hopeless.
    I'll be goddamned if they'd keep me away from my kid.

They better fukkin taze me and the sedate me, because there's absolutely no chance I'm not getting to my kid.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

this whole situation is out of hand

seriously, what kind of person do you have to be to do something like this

completely selfish and horrible

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I just hope some a-hole doesn't try and mirror what happened today on 12/21/12. You know how weird people get.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9181

I can't begin to imagine waiting in that room for my child to never arrive.

Man, I feel sick for them.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

i fukkin hate the media

and i fukkin hate facebook about 100 times more than the media
    Points Awarded:

paranoyd androyd gave InTheDrink 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: shari91

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

I am at a loss for words.

This world is a fukked up place. Right of left, male or female, we need to come together and bring an end to this madness. I can't imagine having a child not only die this heinous way but to leave a baby laying dead in their blood on the floor of their murder scene 15 hours later. Fukk. People need to talk to their children, reach out to people. Find out their issues. Get them help. We need to be responsible, people need to be accountable.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: paranoyd androyd

rfr3sh
    Blind Knucklehead

I do not have a child yet..maybe in a few years. but I still cannot fathom having to bury my child that is a nightmare I would not wish upon my worst enemy

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

Quote Originally Posted by mynameismud View Post
    everyone was at the firehouse next door to the school and all the parents were trying to find their kids. when all the kids were matched up with their parents, they pretty much made an announcement saying no more kids will be coming out of the school. the parents who hadnt found their kids yet knew at that moment they their children were dead. witnesses said they were screaming and crying and falling to the ground.
    that sounds like the worst possible way of handling this situation. must've been sheer chaos at that point.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Drinker darker mikeyanks bigfoot group hug

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

smoker darker mikeyanks bigfoot get over here

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

Smoker, I'd be honored if I could join the group hug, even if I'm on the outside and not a member of the inner hug circle.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by hels View Post
    Smoker, I'd be honored if I could join the group hug, even if I'm on the outside and not a member of the inner hug circle.
    hels get in here you sonovabitch

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Quote Originally Posted by Living The Dream View Post
    When Obama takes the guns the criminals will be the only ones with weapons!!!
    Yeah okay and trickledown economics work and Ira

paranoyd androyd

Quote Originally Posted by rfr3sh View Post
    I have a question maybe a religious person can help
    so I am not religious but I have heard god will always forgive you of your sins
    so if this guy asked for forgiveness would god have forgiven him?
    no one here can answer that. that's between the individual and God, none of our business nor do we have the knowledge.

paranoyd androyd

i fukkin hate the media

both are the absolute scourge of society.

i don't know anyone who supports or uses facebook anymore.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by paranoyd androyd View Post
    both are the absolute scourge of society.

i don't know anyone who supports or uses facebook anymore.
    remember when we used to laugh at the national enquirer?

sadly the national enquirer has been replaced by abc, nbc, cbs, cnn, fox, etc. and we seem to be okay with that

SteelRain
    SteelRain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6789

i fukkin hate the media

media initially fingered the wrong guy and now he is getting death threats on facebook

rfr3sh
    Blind Knucklehead

poor guy let the man mourn his mother (and brother i guess) death. shame on the media trying to be the first to ID this guy

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

remember when we used to laugh at the national enquirer?

sadly the national enquirer has been replaced by abc, nbc, cbs, cnn, fox, etc. and we seem to be okay with that
    This.

First ... 15161718192021 ... Last