sickler
    Facade 101
    sickler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2983

Quote Originally Posted by bobby heenan View Post
    They told me a customer saw the ad and reported it to them...

I had correspondence with a few people and replied back to them...this customer may have gotten my email address and given it to them

When they first confronted me they had a police officer interview me ...they tried to relate the ad to missing product ... And I told them that I'd never stolen anything...and I explained what the ad was for.... They kinda got me there...but I was blindsided....

Still not sure how this is grounds when I didn't actually purchase anything
    Just saying if I was the employer and I wasn't sure that the ad alone was against the law, I would've replied to it pretending to be someone you didn't know, asking you to get me some stuff. Once you tried to purchase it or sell to me you'd be in cuffs.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

At will employment with no contract exception. You can be fired for farting in the wrong direction. Try to collect unemployment as retribution.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

My biggest point is...I didn't purchase anything...that's not in dispute....so the action/violation isn't carried out

I can advertise anything for sale...doesn't mean I have it or have to sell it even if I did have it
    I agree with this

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25123

Generally its employment at will. They can terminate for just about anything as long as its not discrimanatory for various reasons.

Catching you trying to scam a few bucks using your discount I do not believe would fall into one of these categories.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

Buddy the whole thing seems pretty fishy. I think we need to change the thread title to illini and gaucho reminisce about the homies in the 805

Bluedragon
    Bluedragon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 531

1) how did you get caught
    2) if you mentioned in the ad you can benefit from an employee discount, you're fukked
    3) even if you do have a shot of getting back there, why would you want to go back where you're not welcome and will be under serious scrutiny?

UNCGQ
    UNCGQ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 905

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    At will employment with no contract exception. You can be fired for farting in the wrong direction. Try to collect unemployment as retribution.
    This.

http://ctlawhelp.org/when-you-can-be...-from-your-job

Read the words on this link.

I'd fire you for repeatedly using "add" when referring to an online "ad", and I'd have every right to do so since discriminating against ignorance isn't illegal.
    Points Awarded:

gauchojake gave UNCGQ 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

They told me a customer saw the ad and reported it to them...

I had correspondence with a few people and replied back to them...this customer may have gotten my email address and given it to them

When they first confronted me they had a police officer interview me ...they tried to relate the ad to missing product ... And I told them that I'd never stolen anything...and I explained what the ad was for.... They kinda got me there...but I was blindsided....

Still not sure how this is grounds when I didn't actually purchase anything
    Sounds like they think you were going to be stealing to order. And chances are they have a problem with employee theft and thought you were the culprit based on bringing the cops in before speaking to you.

Probably a harsh response if what you say is completely true, but if so, just bad luck you did a silly thing at the wrong time.

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Sounds like they think you were going to be stealing to order. And chances are they have a problem with employee theft and thought you were the culprit based on bringing the cops in before speaking to you.

Probably a harsh response if what you say is completely true, but if so, just bad luck you did a silly thing at the wrong time.
    Pretty sure you are exactly right....never stole a thing...but I think they think I did...and they couldn't prove it.....so they went with what they had to go on

Ahhh well

tarheelfan72
    tarheelfan72's Avatar Become A Pro!

I can tell you with certainty they had every right to fire you.

They had every right to fire you even if they thought you did nothing wrong, because that's just the way it works unless you are contract or union. Period.

And you would have fired you to if you owned the company you were working for.

Naz18
    Naz18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1940

Something called intent...

oiler
    oiler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2500

im sure if he was a union employee,he wouldnt have posted this cause they would never let him get fired

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

You should learn how to scam your company better.

Don't use your name, since the "purchaser" would never need to know it...Buy the product, go meet the guy and hand it to him and take your cut...If the buyer never showed up at the meeting place, then you just return the product back to Best Buy(assuming that's where you work), then you didn't lose any money, only thing is you wasted a little of your time.

You should of never used your name or email address.

Back in the day we had a buddy that worked at Best Buy, and he'd buy everyone whatever they wanted and we'd just throw him a little extra cash...Pretty nice job for him...It was his second job and he got a decent discount.

DrIn$entive
    DrIn$entive's Avatar Become A Pro!

My biggest point is...I didn't purchase anything...that's not in dispute....so the action/violation isn't carried out

I can advertise anything for sale...doesn't mean I have it or have to sell it even if I did have it
    Thats what some people do on Ebay (legitimately and of course also by scammers too of course)

UNCGQ
    UNCGQ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 905

Quote Originally Posted by oiler View Post
    im sure if he was a union employee,he wouldnt have posted this cause they would never let him get fired
    That, and if he were in a union, he'd be talking to his rep, not us.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10288

This a bad from the onset.

Extra Innings
    Extra Innings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 315

You took advantage and abused the discount and were stupid enough to get caught.

bobby heenan
    Update your status

FYI its not a best buy lolThing is...I didn't take advantage of anything....didn't abuse anything....cause I didn't buy anything or sell anythingBut most of you are right ...it's at will ...not much I can doBut like someone mentioned... They have a theft problem And because of the add they point at me...probably thought j was going to steal to order....so they officially got me with something they could justify in their mindsBut they couldn't possibly think that these ads were going to result in me "competing against the company"....they have it on record that I never purchased.... So they could simply say "you aren't allowed to purchase from us on discount"....

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

How can you be that bad to get caught on fukkin craig's list? What store is this?

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Not a store... A marine supply wholesaler owned by the brunswick corp.

playersonly69
    playersonly69's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 142

Every store in the USA would fire you for putting up an ad like that. And you admitted to doing just that.

They do not have how many items that you have sold thus far. You are circumventing the stores profit margin and you are making additional cash off of your job that you are not entitled too. You are trying to scam the company that you work for.

You really shouldnt be eligible, but you can get $400 a week unemployment for 1 year very easily if you want it. But I would hope that you couldnt get it for trying to steal from the company

Kindred
    Bitcoin=Freedom
    Kindred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 473

You placed the ad with the intent to profit off your employee discount. That was unethical. The fact that you didn't get to make a sale YET doesn't change anything.

And you can't place an advertisement to sell crack or even your ass on craigslist. If you sell your ass to an undercover he doesn't have to anally phuck you in order to arrest you

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

be glad you're not in jail and move on

redsox3g2
    redsox3g2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 222

Quote Originally Posted by playersonly69 View Post
    Every store in the USA would fire you for putting up an ad like that. And you admitted to doing just that.

They do not have how many items that you have sold thus far. You are circumventing the stores profit margin and you are making additional cash off of your job that you are not entitled too. You are trying to scam the company that you work for.

You really shouldnt be eligible, but you can get $400 a week unemployment for 1 year very easily if you want it. But I would hope that you couldnt get it for trying to steal from the company

I ******* hate that bold and underlined phrase so much. This guy's a total jackass. You shouldn't get rewarded by the Government for being a jackass and trying to skim profits from your employer (what he was doing essentially). I'd fire you if I found out you'd done that in the past, let alone if you did it to me.

DrIn$entive
    DrIn$entive's Avatar Become A Pro!

There are probably some people who were about to quit their job anyway and looking for a way to collect unemployment. Now we will see other forum members trying to do the same thing as BH except they would tell on themselves to try to get fired.

MJT1212
    ECU Pirates
    MJT1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Conspiracy

its a bitch

and its what you did

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10464

i have no fukin life ,none at all for reading all this shit

sickler
    Facade 101

Quote Originally Posted by sweethook View Post
    i have no fukin life ,none at all for reading all this shit
    I like to think of it as having a bit of time to kill. Five minutes, then back to more important things

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

You're a slave to the system...

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by sickler View Post
    I like to think of it as having a bit of time to kill. Five minutes, then back to more important things

Like taking proper care of that syphilis?
    Last edited by ngates815; 03-02-12 at 08:26 AM.

blackbeSSt
    blackbeSSt's Avatar Become A Pro!

even if you had gotten items at a discount you woulda prolly still lost money selling them on CL. buncha cheap ass fukkers on there

Megatron81lions
    Megatron81lions's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 118

Every store in the USA would fire you for putting up an ad like that.
    And you admitted to doing just that.

Get off your high horse, guy obviously made a mistake that cost him his job. Just looking for GOOD advice and all you do is bash him. grow up kid

sickler
    Facade 101

Quote Originally Posted by ngates815 View Post
    Like taking proper care of that syphilis?
    that and itch the crabs

eastern2
    eastern2's Avatar Become A Pro!

eleuropeano
    eleuropeano's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1924

That would be legit grounds to get fired even in Europe, and it's not easy to get fired here.

The fact you didn't actually go through with it and didn't buy anything doesn't change anything. Intent to commit a crime is still a crime. And it most def is grounds to lose your job.

First 123 Last