bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

Why do people watch NASCAR?

I just dont get it, whats the entertaining part other than the occasional crash?

Explain the entertaining part of watching ppl drive in a circle?

Its also a "sport" that only millionaires can even play, I mean who's to say you or I arent the best circle driver in the world we just dont have a million dollar car to practice in

What is the SKILL exactly just the turning of the steering wheel, I mean is driving in a continuous circle really even a SKILL?

At the end of the race do they say **** I should have driven in a circle better today, I mean what exactly goes wrong or right when your whole job is to drive in a circle? I mean is the guy who finishes last just doing the speed limit in the slow lane or something, what skill separates best from worst?

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I don't get it either??? Race around a circular track.... numerous times... and let's watch 500 laps of it??!?!? Makes no sense. I personally like to see more obstacles?!??!? Perhaps an oil slick, track of nails, something to intensify this sport?? Maybe let them shoot guns at each other's tires??? It would be much more entertaining.

My brother enjoys this garbage... but I certainly don't like it. Even wagering on it sucks ba#$s.

iceminers26
    iceminers26's Avatar Become A Pro!

to have a reason to drink this

Points Awarded:

Bo$$ Bet$ gave iceminers26 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

babyjesus gave iceminers26 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Can't stand it either

bettilimbroke999

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    I don't get it either??? Race around a circular track.... numerous times... and let's watch 500 laps of it??!?!? Makes no sense. I personally like to see more obstacles?!??!? Perhaps an oil slick, track of nails, something to intensify this sport?? Maybe let them shoot guns at each other's tires??? It would be much more entertaining.

My brother enjoys this garbage... but I certainly don't like it. Even wagering on it sucks ba#$s.
    Yea put a ramp where u can jump the competition if the guys bein a real prick and not lettin u around or have two lanes of traffic half the cars racing one way and the other the other way and to pass you have to enter oncoming traffic

Ricki Roma
    Ricki Roma's Avatar Become A Pro!

Its a sport for rednecks, if your not a redneck you wont get it.

babyjesus
    Up with hope, Down with dope
    babyjesus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

nascar stemmed from alcohol....so the only logical thing to do would be to drink alcohol and watch nascar.

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

its pretty fun to bet on which like anything makes it easier/ funner to watch.

carl edwards. kyle busch, tony stewart, jimmie johnson, jeff gordon, matt kenseth, brad keslowski.

bet all these guys to finish top 10 in every tournament they run and i bet you dont miss more than 2. seems like they do it every race. top 5 is even a good bet for the first 5 guys.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29054

its fun to bet and its pays huge....pays my bills every single month and more....

kickenchicken
    kickenchicken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4128

maybe its like their life they just keep goin in circles and they can relate

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

real original

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Don't care to watch it unless it's one of the big races. Going to a race on the other hand is awesome.

tropolis
    tropolis's Avatar Become A Pro!

poor white people are th eonly ones who watch nascar

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

embarassing when people show how dumb they are....very sad

Glitch

how can you not see that driving 200 miles an hour with 40 cars around you takes skill?

in addition to driving ability and instincts and turning and timing- there are factors such as gas conservation, pit stops, sling-shotting with aerodynamics and drag,defensive driving around debris and crashes etc

Tech N9ne
    Tech N9ne's Avatar Become A Pro!

Only inbred hicks watch that garbage

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

like it said b4...embarassing when they speak--lol

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Ricki Roma View Post

Glitch

also if theres no skill involved- why do the same guys always win in this stock car league.

while i agree that it can be boring and repetitive, i can definitely understand why people tune in and out, follow standings on nascar.com and tune in for the last 40 laps

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

no point trying to convince the slow...pointless...they look like morons coming on this forum...funny they have nothing better to do isnt it

laclippers504
    laclippers504's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 179

Cuz they can't play real sports

bettilimbroke999

Quote Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
    also if theres no skill involved- why do the same guys always win in this stock car league.

while i agree that it can be boring and repetitive, i can definitely understand why people tune in and out, follow standings on nascar.com and tune in for the last 40 laps
    I thought it was just like when I go go-karting, you watch the winner of the last race and say **** Im getting in that car and then you watch your friends that just picked a regular car as you blow by yelling SUCKER! Hit tha gas Miss Daisy!

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

except u win alot of money wagering on it

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10464

they took the rebel yell out of it so i say fukkin ,

Glitch

Quote Originally Posted by bettilimbroke999 View Post
    I thought it was just like when I go go-karting, you watch the winner of the last race and say **** Im getting in that car and then you watch your friends that just picked a regular car as you blow by yelling SUCKER! Hit tha gas Miss Daisy!
    it is to a certain extent but the cars are stock. some are tuned and running fast and smoothly etc....some cars just have good and fast pit crews that work them but tony stewart and jeff gordon do have faster cars than pretty much everyone else right now.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

Quote Originally Posted by Ricki Roma View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
    poor white people are th eonly ones who watch nascar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech N9ne View Post
    Only inbred hicks watch that garbage
    Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post

I'm far from all of this, and I like NASCAR.

The skill to driving in NASCAR is understanding what it takes to make the car better at each track, and fix it. Not all of them can do this, that is why you have a hand full of drivers that are able to win at each track. Also, it takes a lot to drive 100+ MPH in a car that is above 100 degrees for a few hours. Plus if the car isn't handling right, it will take some strength to keep that car on the track and not wrecking everything around it.

True it does take money to excel in NASCAR, but if you have a driver that don't know shit (i.e. Danica Patrick), you won't win much.

Betting on NASCAR does make it more exciting. I usually take 3 drivers, that will make you a profit no matter which one wins. This year was my worse year betting it. Not sure why. Maybe the new car?

If you don't like it, don't turn it on. That simple people.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

nicely stated onlooker

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    I'm far from all of this, and I like NASCAR.
    NASCAR sub forum has the friendliest and some of the most intelligent posters on SBR.

And as a foreigner, I can tell you for sure and certain that far from all being ugly rednecks, Southern people come across as the classiest group by far among Americans from this distance.

Kinda ironic how 'redneck' and stupid some of the contributors in this thread come across though.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Vegas39

DDT
    Head Mod In Charge
    DDT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2338

Opti is a foreigner???? You know how us redneck southerners HATE foreigners haha! I will never compete in your weekly contest again!!

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

Don't get ornery with me ya uppity varment!

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Onlooker nailed it if you don't like it change channel

Personally I do very well betting it
    Last edited by Vegas39; 09-24-11 at 11:27 PM.

MysteryMung
    Freddy Lansen
    MysteryMung's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bump and grind racing at its core, 3 wide, 4 wide, 40+ cars on a track, going into turns at 180+ mph, fighting for position, hitting your lines perfectly, going high or low, of course crashes, close calls, and the close proximity of drivers with one another, pit strategy, restarts, badass saves, and yeah, putting money on something always makes it easier to watch.

Head to head matchups, top 5/10 finishes, and choosing a few drivers to win at 8-1 to 30-1 or higher odds, and i'm so far from white-redneck it's not even funny.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

love last 2 posts...agree fully

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post
    its fun to bet and its pays huge....pays my bills every single month and more....
    real original
    embarassing when people show how dumb they are....very sad
    like it said b4...embarassing when they speak--lol
    no point trying to convince the slow...pointless...they look like morons coming on this forum...funny they have nothing better to do isnt it

12 Last