politicin
    FADE DEMENS FOR $$$$
    politicin's Avatar Become A Pro!

blah blah

Last edited by politicin; 02-01-11 at 11:55 AM.

MadTiger
    Wait 'til next year!
    MadTiger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

Thief.

politicin
    FADE DEMENS FOR $$$$

Not really. In reality, they are the thieves. Extorting people and overcharging drastically, for the power of knowledge. This exact book is 8 dollars cheaper on Amazon, brand new, with free shipping, so why do they charge 18.00 for it? Because they are the thieves. Though I digress.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

U iz gonna be jail bait brah!!!

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

You have absolutely nothing to worry about. Real talk here.

politicin
    FADE DEMENS FOR $$$$

Last edited by politicin; 02-01-11 at 12:16 PM.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

yeah that's exactly it. They have the capability to do it, but they aren't gonna go through all the trouble over a few dollars. Besides to have any bases they really need to catch you in the act.

Domestic
    Domestic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1756

In all seriousness there is no way they would give a shit over $12. Retailers will start to notice if money is constantly missing from the til or something like that but no point losing sleep over this.

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

This is so funny to me. My fukkin rap sheet is as long as a book, and your worried about a book.

politicin
    FADE DEMENS FOR $$$$

Had my fair share of run ins with the law. Theft, possession with intent to sell, assault. Not proud of any of it, and it was all years ago. That's why I'm trying to not deal with any problems legally, and I understand the annoyance it is, having to deal with the police.

Resler
    Resler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

Yeah you aren't going to get in trouble but you are a thief. If amazon has it cheaper then buy it from them dumbass. They exhorted money because they chose to charge the amount they feel they can get for a book? If the demand wasn't there for that book at 18 then that isn't the price they would of supplied it at. Take a ******* business class, you have no business reading about philosophy.

politicin
    FADE DEMENS FOR $$$$

Except I would make your head spin in a discussion about business or philosophy. And anybody that pays for knowledge is a sucker. Anybody falling into the biggest pyramid scheme there is in the world (school), is a sucker. You know very little about the ways of the world, and the evilness that is the capitalist, big business society we live in, if you don't realize you're being extorted.

kiefynugs
    Update your status
    kiefynugs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

technically you didn't steal anything.

I mean, all you did was switch the price tags. I don't even think that's against the law.

hhsilver
    hhsilver's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29946

Quote Originally Posted by politicin View Post
    Not really. In reality, they are the thieves. Extorting people and overcharging drastically, for the power of knowledge. This exact book is 8 dollars cheaper on Amazon, brand new, with free shipping, so why do they charge 18.00 for it? Because they are the thieves. Though I digress.
    they have to charge more than amazon to make up for the shoplifting and tag switching. thanks to you and all the other thieves , we all pay more.

politicin
    FADE DEMENS FOR $$$$

Exactly Kiefy. The price tag is nothing but a non verbal agreement. The purchase happens at the register, where it is the employees responsibility to determine if there is an error with the pricing.

kiefynugs
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by hhsilver View Post
    they have to charge more than amazon to make up for the shoplifting and tag switching. thanks to you and all the other thieves , we all pay more.
    that and being an inferior business model

politicin
    FADE DEMENS FOR $$$$

let me quote my good friend

"the price you pay isnt even set in stone that's just an agreement when you reach the til, given that you were offered a price, which you then agreed to, and paid, and left, you're fine

the opposite could be true, you could take the book to the counter and the person could say 'that book costs $2,000', they have no obligation to charge you the price written on the book, the contract is verbal and formed upon you both agreeing to it and exchanging items"

GettingScrilla
    Warriors on the Under
    GettingScrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wow! obviously you have not been to school...So some one who becomes a doctor, lawyer, accountant, etc. and enjoys their job is the sucker? What a joke! Your the sucker: Here's a little business school for you...If your sooo broke your getting high and switching price tags (after having a wrap sheet and doing it a previous time- at the same location I presume-) you apparently are not smart enough (with the knowledge you have gained from stealing books) to realize that getting caught for something like that while high with a wrap sheet would cost you x100 times the amount of money you would save on that tag flip. Basic Lesson: Risk vs. reward!!! If your gonna flip the tag you might as well just take the book. Anyway, you are beyond in the clear. I would not return to the scene of the crime for a while though...but thats just me...

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Thank you Mikail.

I appreciate this post, and would appreciate any feedback possible. I would also like to add I did this once before as well with the Odyssey, and heard nothing else about it. The difference is the first time I did it with cash, CC is really worrying me. I've worked retail for years and years, and am aware of the intricate abilities of retail computer systems. Looking this up is as easy as it gets, and I guess I'm really at the hands of whether or not they would even bother to look it up, or feel suspicious enough to. Am I crazy to think they could see this book on the shelf without a tag, go look in the computer or print another label for it, and notice the inventory claims to be sold out, while they in actuality have one (she is holding it). Then she becomes curious and looks up the transaction history and sees my purchase date and time, and then goes into the video tape at the time of purchase (minutes prior, etc) and sees me doing this. I know this is a ridiculous long shot, or is it not?
    I think your overestimating the level of competence in this shop! They probably wont even notice!

politicin
    FADE DEMENS FOR $$$$

Actually you're extremely incorrect. Why would you ever presume my prior is from Borders? LOL that's a ridiculously optimistic presumption, no? And have you checked the unemployment rate these days? If you think it's wise to line yourself up for no job and debt out of college, by all means. There's actually a model where it proves that college degree versus no college education, that you don't financially have an advantage at all. Factor in the fact that the majority of people who go to college, don't ever use the knowledge they were taught or degree in the field it was received for. As far as your idiotic risk and reward point, there is absolutely no risk in what I did. It is the cashier's job to make sure I am getting an item at the price they prefer, and NEVER am I liable for their mistake, despite switching the tags myself. I have stolen nothing. I came up to merchant, offered a dollar amount for an item, in which they have the right to accept or decline. By ringing me up they accepted my offer and that is business. You don't know as much as you'd like to believe, and your presumptions make you sound like an idiot.

kiefynugs
    Update your status

Petty theft is good decent fun and if the lowest tax bracket didn't take stuff for free when they wanted it they'd never get to have anything cool. The real question here is would Machiavelli approve?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

As far as your idiotic risk and reward point, there is absolutely no risk in what I did..
    Im confused...why did you create the thread then???!

Socrates
    Socrates's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

The bottom line guy, is that you weren't raised all that well. If you were, you wouldn't even think about doing things like this.

This is who you are, a fuking loser that finds ways to screw a poor bookstore. These places are barely surviving, and here you are, trying to save some fuking change at their expense.

politicin
    FADE DEMENS FOR $$$$

I spoke with my cousin after creating this thread. He has a degree in law, and passed the bar. I enjoy owning little muppets like Scrilla though, who are so caught up in the matrix they perceive the world to be.

politicin
    FADE DEMENS FOR $$$$

Quote Originally Posted by Socrates View Post
    The bottom line guy, is that you weren't raised all that well. If you were, you wouldn't even think about doing things like this.

This is who you are, a fuking loser that finds ways to screw a poor bookstore. These places are barely surviving, and here you are, trying to save some fuking change at their expense.
    Right. They charge 3.00 for a cup of coffee and are jam packed with people at the cafe. You are just naive, and that is why you will always be the real loser in life. I could afford the book a thousand times over. I can't afford the bruising of my ego when I look in the mirror and realize I've been extorted by the "poor book store".

Socrates

Had my fair share of run ins with the law. Theft, possession with intent to sell, assault. Not proud of any of it, and it was all years ago. That's why I'm trying to not deal with any problems legally, and I understand the annoyance it is, having to deal with the police.
    Apparently you still haven't grown. up. You don't want to deal with legal problems, and you don't like dealing with the police, yet here you are looking to steal.

If the book is $8 bucks at amazon, and you're mad about the bookstore having it for $18....then buy the fuking book from amazon fool!

Resler
    Resler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

Actually you're extremely incorrect. Why would you ever presume my prior is from Borders? LOL that's a ridiculously optimistic presumption, no? And have you checked the unemployment rate these days? If you think it's wise to line yourself up for no job and debt out of college, by all means. There's actually a model where it proves that college degree versus no college education, that you don't financially have an advantage at all. Factor in the fact that the majority of people who go to college, don't ever use thke knowledge they were taught or degree in the field it was received for. As far as your idiotic risk and reward point, there is absolutely no risk in what I did. It is the cashier's job to make sure I am getting an item at the price they prefer, and NEVER am I liable for their mistake, despite switching the tags myself. I have stolen nothing. I came up to merchant, offered a dollar amount for an item, in which they have the right to accept or decline. By ringing me up they accepted my offer and that is business. You don't know as much as you'd like to believe, and your presumptions make you sound like an idiot.
    Look at the title of the thread you made, where you state that you stole from borders. You sir are a moron and I won't comment any more because you aren't intelligent enough to keep up. I love people that pretend to be smart, but then only prove more that they are dumbasses.

Socrates

You don't have any money you fuking liar, if you did, you wouldn't be creating a thread about thieving a bookstore for a few dollars. If the coffee is too expensive, then don't buy it.

I'm going to send out a mass email to this bookstore, and i'm going to tell them what you're going to do. I'm going to tell them to be on a look out for a homeless looking mother fuker with a stick up his ass.

Grow up

politicin
    FADE DEMENS FOR $$$$

I spoke with my cousin after creating this thread. He has a degree in law, and passed the bar. I enjoy owning little muppets like Scrilla though, who are so caught up in the matrix they perceive the world to be.
    Read much?

politicin
    FADE DEMENS FOR $$$$

Quote Originally Posted by Socrates View Post
    You don't have any money you fuking liar, if you did, you wouldn't be creating a thread about thieving a bookstore for a few dollars. If the coffee is too expensive, then don't buy it.

I'm going to send out a mass email to this bookstore, and i'm going to tell them what you're going to do. I'm going to tell them to be on a look out for a homeless looking mother fuker with a stick up his ass.

Grow up
    The coffee isn't too expensive at all. It's just a testament to how they're clearly NOT a poor bookstore. If you had any idea how much it cost to brew that cup of coffee, that they're selling to each of the 20 people in their cafe, at 3 and change a cup, you'd realize the only thing poor is your ability to think critically.

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

So why not order it on line and avoid lowering yourself to the same level of thieves you allege Borders to be? If you ripped them off, you're a thief. And your post above also reveals you to be a hypocrite. Either that or you made this story up and posted it simply to gain some attention. Regardless, a sad tale either way.

politicin
    FADE DEMENS FOR $$$$

How is what I said in any way hypocritical? When did I say thou shalt not steal? I simply pointed out the fact they that do, I never waved my stick of judgment or made a call on whether they're morally wrong to.

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

...I never waved my stick of judgment or made a call on whether they're morally wrong to.
    Yes, you did. You judged them to be thieves for the prices they have set and at the same time attempted to justify your own stealing. If you think I'm wrong, then march yourself down to your local police station, explain to them what you did and see how it all turns out.

Socrates

Bottom line is you're still a loser. All that shit you said about your past run ins with the law, you haven't learned or changed much. But I guess, who am I to judge the poor that are so lowly and desperate to save even a few bucks off of a book.
    Points Awarded:

Willie Bee gave Socrates 9 SBR Point(s) for this post.

politicin
    FADE DEMENS FOR $$$$

Right. If you understood how bad it is to up charge a book, and STEAL education from little kid's minds, you would get it. And past run ins with the law were at like age 14 you idiot. You're most likely still a virgin, or somebody who catches the raw deal of every situation, because you don't have the balls to step up and get yours. I have enough money to buy the book. I just understand the robin hood theory.

1234 Last