tacomax
    SBR Problem Poster 2007-08
    tacomax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1167

The OFFICIAL Top 5 Nicky Santoro Cop Outs - #1

Well here it is, the culmination of the list of Nicky cop outs. After copping out meeting Vegas Dave, copping out on NHL All Star tickets, copping out on the Poster Of The Month Award and copping out on god this has to be a good one. And it is.

I swear to god, boys, this started out as such an exciting thing. Nicky and LTProfits agreed to a contest. In the blue corner we had Nicky who is the sharpest capper ever according to Sick Gambler and BeanTownJim. In the red corner we had LTP who had 10+ winning seasons across all sports. This was a fight between the handicapping heavyweights. This was what the forum needed. SBR Forum has a tough time over the winter due to the huge drop in traffic when pags11 stops posting - SBR management hoped and prayed that this contest would keep the forum surviving until the spring.

There was a lot of jostling for a few days as the two professionals pounded out the rules, but finally a consensus was reached. This was a $2000 challenge - this was big money at stake.

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    1 - Contest runs through Sunday, May 31, 2009. Each player must make EXACTLY 500 plays. If they do not make 500 plays, they lose automatically. If both players make 500 plays before May 31, 2009, the contest is over.

2 - Available sports are NFL, CFB, NBA, CBB, NHL and MLB.

3 - All wagers will be for one unit, and are to WIN one unit with favorites and RISKING one unit with underdogs.

4 - Available wagers are ATS, Totals, and Money Lines (Dogs no more than +400, Favorites no more than -250). Only full game wagers are allowed, no halves or periods.

5 - Available Books are Pinnacle, 5 Dimes and BetJamaica only. Line and book should be posted with each selection, and tiimestamp will be used to verify lines at sbrodds.

6 - Players can post plays as often as they wish throught the day up until the SCHEDULED start times of the games. Players may NOT post after scheduled start times, even if the books leave the lines up because games have not actually started. Any past-posted play will be NO ACTION.

7 - Once plays are posted, they can NOT be removed.

8 - If you write a bad line for a game, the game will be graded based on the actual line at the book that you post at the time that you post for the TEAM that you post. If you accidenatally write the wrong team, you are stuck with that team.

9 - You may NOT edit a post that contains plays in it. If you edit a post, ALL PLAYS in the post will be graded as a LOSS.

10 - You can not play both sides of the same game.

11 - The winner will be the player with the most units.
    The game was on.

However, things took a turn for the worse with Nicky's first pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky Santoro View Post
    edm +183 pinny
    Where did he get that line?

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Nicky,

You get Edmonton +181.

11/10 07:01PM: +178 / -191
    11/10 07:02PM: +181 / -196

Starting to cheat already are we?
    Whoa, Nicky's first pick and sparks were already flying. But there was still respect between the two participants.

LT,fukk you if you're going to be a fukkin weasel like this all year..
    And the excitment was certainly hotting up with the rest of the forum who were looking forward to a long running contest with no chance of a cop out whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by rjt721 View Post
    Wow. Day 1 and already controversy. Priceless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougie Fresh View Post
    This is going to get good
    But as the night progressed, it seemed like we were privvy to an all-star cop out.

if you keep doing this i am not going to waste my fukkin time.. i will bow out.. i swear.. i will.. i am not in the mood to go through this shit everyday.. not worth it for me.. i make a living in this and i am not going to aggravate myself like this.. i need no aggravation..
    Some of the forums sharps just KNEW how it would turn out. How did they KNOW?

Quote Originally Posted by tacomax View Post
    Interesting. Is this your attempt to pull out of the contest and save face at the same time?

If it is, it isn't going to work.
    And, just 3 hours after LTP started the thread, Nicky had bowed out. The contest was going to cause him to lose $100,000 with all the time it takes. The guy's a pro - maybe he realised that wasting time over a $2,000 contest is not worth it when there is $100,000 to win.

this already is an aggravation for me.. i missed out on the fukkin caps at -153 because of this fukkin contest., and now it's 3-0 caps.. i am fukkin pissed. this contest is taking up all my time and this contest will cost me 100,000 bucks probably cause it's time consuming.. LT is being a prick and i dont want any part of thsi aggravation if he will be like this.. fukk it..

i am out of this shit.. not worth it for me.
    And if all the crap over the difference between +181 and +183 wasn't enough, Nicky wanted to be credited for plays he made but didn't actually post. Unreal.

yeah, but i went 1-0 up 1.83 units and should have been up 2.83 units cause i swear to GOD i had WASH too, but this contest fukked me, but you dont see me asking people to look at me cause i won today, like you are doing now..
    But anyway, we saw Nicky's point. There's no way he's going to waste his time on a $2,000 contest when there is REAL money to be made. And what was the REAL money to be made? What REAL money would he be missing out on by taking part in a 500 play contest with LTP? Would he be missing out on a seat at the WSOP? Would he be missing out on a head to head with Fishhead for the World NFL Handicapping Title? Or would he miss out on a SBR $100 contest where he would make more than 500 picks. I bet you can't guess!

So yes, it was a shock to us all when SBR hired CrazyLou. Why was he hired? What could he bring to the company. Well, in December 2008 it all became clear. CrazyLou was hired for his ability to come up with well thought out contests which were swiftly graded so we wouldn't be waiting 3 months for the winner.

The first assignment was a team capping contest where CrazyLou thought it would be a good idea to use stale lines so anyone with half a brain would bet right at the last minute taking their pick of the lines and thus making the contest have nothing to do with handicapping ability. And that's what Nicky did, and he did it excellently.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyLou View Post
    A dominant performance. Great victory.

Nicky Santoro: 55.42% | 281-226-10 +52.15u
    After copping out out of a 500 pick contest with LTP worth $2,000 after making one pick, he decided to spend his time making OVER 500 picks hitting 55% on stales lines for a $100 prize which was shared between 5 people. So actually a prize with an EV of $20. And this, ladies and gentlemen is the all-time Nicky cop out.

A special thanks to SBR for hosting this award, to the forum members for reading this shit and most of all to Nicky for providing us with so many cop outs that it made my task very easy.

SlickFazzer
    SlickFazzer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2923

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Nickay is definitely sharper than Sick Gambler.

Bread
    Living corpse
    Bread's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Whoa, Nicky's first pick and sparks were already flying. But there was still respect between the two participants.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Nicky Santoro
    LT,fukk you if you're going to be a fukkin weasel like this all year..

Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 07-21-14 at 11:44 AM.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

that was a classic thread

Mudcat
    Mudcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

5 cop-outs, each more weaselly than the last.

BubbleBobble
    BubbleBobble's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bottom line: 90% of SBR is sucking tout dick, and Taco is the leader.

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

There are already updates ready for the list.

tacomax
    SBR Problem Poster 2007-08
    tacomax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1167

I imagine there are - that list was only valid a couple of hours ago. Nicky's cop outs change, they evolve.

MartinBlank
    Going to be a good weekend
    MartinBlank's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is a priceless thread.

pico
    USC ml
    pico's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1634

yep. that would be #1.

good job on the list

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Quote Originally Posted by tacomax View Post
    So yes, it was a shock to us all when SBR hired CrazyLou. Why was he hired? What could he bring to the company. Well, in December 2008 it all became clear. CrazyLou was hired for his ability to come up with well thought out contests which were swiftly graded so we wouldn't be waiting 3 months for the winner.

The Nicky cop out is fantastic, but what really sets this thread apart from the previous 4 cop outs is this shot at CrazyLou. What a contest that was.

Immortality
    Immortality's Avatar Become A Pro!

Even though I knew it had to be #1, Taco's write up still made this great.

Great job on this list Taco.

ZetaPsi808
    July 2011 Poster of the Month
    ZetaPsi808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1982

fukkin hilarious!!

Arsenal
    Arsenal's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bump for Pico

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

LOL

Dad
    2011 Adult Entertainer of the Year
    Dad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

jayc88
    Update your status
    jayc88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1151

classic+

pico
    USC ml
    pico's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1634

yep. i remember that

Extra Innings
    Extra Innings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 315

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

sign that guy

MartinBlank
    Going to be a good weekend
    MartinBlank's Avatar Become A Pro!

Where is Taco these days?

That is good stuff.

Extra Innings
    Extra Innings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 315

Nickay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nicky Santoro
    Nicky Santoro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9461

Quote Originally Posted by Extra Innings View Post
    Nickay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    were you drinking last night?? you must've been cause you weren't your self last night. either that or you are BI POLAR...you were accusing me last night of scamming pts and being peanut.. that shocked me cause i thought you were my pal. it hurt man..

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

RIP Taco.

betplom
    maniac
    betplom's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by rjt721 View Post
    RIP Taco.
    +1

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

Housemoney
    Housemoney's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5020

Half the posters here now don't even know these two.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

You got this thread Salooned, way to go "fattay"