marzwoody
    marzwoody's Avatar Become A Pro!

Evidence Iraq war was pre-planned motivation OIL.

This is mind blowing. actual evidence going into Iraq was pre-planned with a team trying to find the most compelling reasons to go to war. all because of Oil. this should one one the biggest storys ever and all over the news, instead its no where to be found but this one website.
    http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show-16

Interesting documentary to go along with the article.
    Last edited by marzwoody; 08-30-14 at 10:35 AM.

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

#1 - Because it's Maddow, that gives the anti-left, anti-gay, anti-woman crowd cover and they can focus on the identity of Maddow and ignore the facts rather than dispute them.

We now return to right wing outrage of the color of Obama's suit...how much is spent on security for his kids...the gift he returned to England....the fact that he golfs....
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: marzwoody

sourtwist
    not a non pro
    sourtwist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 548

Stfu muldoon fruitcake
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: I/O

muldoon

Quote Originally Posted by sourtwist View Post
    Stfu muldoon fruitcake
    Solid

sourtwist
    not a non pro
    sourtwist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 548

Obama lover

muldoon

Quote Originally Posted by sourtwist View Post
    Obama lover
    Actually, I've got posts here supporting some things he's done, and others saying I think Obama should be charged for a few different crimes.

But keep punching that wall Sour.

hostile takeover
    hostile takeover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5372

So what? I enjoy paying about half the price for my gasoline as the rest of the world. Don't be naive. We are the US and this is what we do.

You don't like it go somewhere else.

muldoon

Quote Originally Posted by hostile takeover View Post
    So what? I enjoy paying about half the price for my gasoline as the rest of the world. Don't be naive. We are the US and this is what we do.
    Very true.

Yet when there is blow black (9-11 etc), the head scratching and perplexing begins.
    Name:  why-do-they-hate-us.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  53.4 KB

hostile takeover
    hostile takeover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5372

Ha. I love the newspaper you got there.

You're right. We picked on someone and they fight back.

I came on a little strong. I'm just tired of hearing 'it was about oil'. No crap it was about oil! Everyone has known that for a decade.
    Points Awarded:

I/O gave hostile takeover 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: muldoon

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Old news. Thing is they will lie to you and send your loved ones to die, I told my son long ago dont ever think about joining the military, gotta school them while theyre young and let them know how this world really works.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

Thanks captain obvious.
    Points Awarded:

I/O gave gauchojake 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

marzwoody

Yea no shit people thought this for ages, as did I. but the evidence was non existent or flimsy enough that they could just deny it.

mikefromsd
    mikefromsd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2257

I didn't need Mr. Maddow to explain this shit.

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

Wrong! It was weapons of mass destruction! They were to give us their oil as payment for liberating them!
    Will we finally get paid if we liberate Iraq again? I'll let you guys ponder that.

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by rkelly110 View Post
    Wrong! It was weapons of mass destruction! They were to give us their oil as payment for liberating them!
    Will we finally get paid if we liberate Iraq again? I'll let you guys ponder that.
    “[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq’s refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs.” — From a letter signed by Joe Lieberman, Dianne Feinstein, Barbara A. Milulski, Tom Daschle, & John Kerry among others on October 9, 1998

“Iraq made commitments after the Gulf War to completely dismantle all weapons of mass destruction, and unfortunately, Iraq has not lived up to its agreement.” — Barbara Boxer, November 8, 2002

“The community of nations may see more and more of the very kind of threat Iraq poses now: a rogue state with weapons of mass destruction, ready to use them or provide them to terrorists. If we fail to respond today, Saddam and all those who would follow in his footsteps will be emboldened tomorrow.” — Bill Clinton in 1998

“In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including Al Qaeda members, though there is apparently no evidence of his involvement in the terrible events of September 11, 2001. It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons. Should he succeed in that endeavor, he could alter the political and security landscape of the Middle East, which as we know all too well affects American security.” — Hillary Clinton, October 10, 2002

“Iraq does pose a serious threat to the stability of the Persian Gulf and we should organize an international coalition to eliminate his access to weapons of mass destruction. Iraq’s search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to completely deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power.” — Al Gore, 2002

“I will be voting to give the president of the United States the authority to use force – if necessary – to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security.” — John F. Kerry, Oct 2002

“The threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real, but as I said, it is not new. It has been with us since the end of that war, and particularly in the last 4 years we know after Operation Desert Fox failed to force him to reaccept them, that he has continued to build those weapons. He has had a free hand for 4 years to reconstitute these weapons, allowing the world, during the interval, to lose the focus we had on weapons of mass destruction and the issue of proliferation.” — John Kerry, October 9, 2002

“(W)e need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime. We all know the litany of his offenses. He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation. …And now he is miscalculating America’s response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction. That is why the world, through the United Nations Security Council, has spoken with one voice, demanding that Iraq disclose its weapons programs and disarm. So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real, but it is not new. It has been with us since the end of the Persian Gulf War.” — John Kerry, Jan 23, 2003

“As a member of the House Intelligence Committee, I am keenly aware that the proliferation of chemical and biological weapons is an issue of grave importance to all nations. Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process.” — Nancy Pelosi, December 16, 1998

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

Quote Originally Posted by muldoon View Post
    Name:  why-do-they-hate-us.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  53.4 KB
    Ok, now that is funny!

There was a short period when it felt like almost every American did wonder about that.

Optional

@marzwoody, if you are outraged by how cynical the 2nd Iraq war was, you should get a load of the way US protected it's interests in Panama when the canal protection agreement was set to expire.

An entire residential neighbourhood was carpet bombed to disable the troops based in the area. (troops who thought the US was an ally) Just as one example of what happened. But the reason for it is what should really blow your mind.

nash13
    nash13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7160

There must be a reason for taking action there and not in Syria for example.
    Or anywhere else. Macro politics are not so easy to understand and break down to one issue only.

marzwoody

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    @marzwoody, if you are outraged by how cynical the 2nd Iraq war was, you should get a load of the way US protected it's interests in Panama when the canal protection agreement was set to expire.

An entire residential neighbourhood was carpet bombed to disable the troops based in the area. (troops who thought the US was an ally) Just as one example of what happened. But the reason for it is what should really blow your mind.

I will check that video out when have time. cheers.

jtoler

WMD's lol if you still believe that then I can get rich off of you. There's a reason they never phucked with N. Korea.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Of course it's about stealing their oil and having control in that region did anyone actually believe the lies they spew?

After 9/11 we went there to protect our nation after being attacked on our soil. Sorry but a few wack jobs flying a plane into a building (if that's what happened) hardly constitutes a hostile takeover and severe enough threat to invade a region. Meanwhile our borders have gaping holes in them and being ran thru everyday by potential threats ....ehh no biggie.

Then it's about finding weapons of mass destruction which didn't pan out obviously. So when that well ran dry it turned into liberating the oppressed Iragi people. Yeah sure Merican gov obviously that's justified when there are countless of other people all over the world being starved , dying, and being treated like animals but their country has nothing for us to gain so ehh fukk them....And oh yeah how bout our gov starts worrying and taking care of their own before others?= Cause they don't give a shit!

The sick evil sob's that parade themselves around for election and wanting your votes and trust at the end of the day don't give a shit about you! They have their own agendas and motives for what they do and it revolves around greed and power ultimately. Next time you go to a rally for one of these a$$holes wearing your shirt with the guys name on it you support, waving your flag or holding up a sign with that big dumb grin on your face full of optimism. Just remember he doesn't give a shit about you!

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

The same a$$holes who come back to work after wasting their lunch hour voting on these clowns. Wearing their look at me "I voted" and made a difference sticker. Are the same ones bitching a year later and giving out disapproval grades in polls and saying wtf things are just getting worse and this c#cksucker lied. I can't believe it!!

rkelly110

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    WMD's lol if you still believe that then I can get rich off of you. There's a reason they never phucked with N. Korea.
    My comment was tongue in cheek.

jtoler

My comment was tongue in cheek.
    I see, Im not so sure I/O's was though with his cited quotes. Check in I/O let the awakening commence.

rkelly110

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    The same a$$holes who come back to work after wasting their lunch hour voting on these clowns. Wearing their look at me "I voted" and made a difference sticker. Are the same ones bitching a year later and giving out disapproval grades in polls and saying wtf things are just getting worse and this c#cksucker lied. I can't believe it!!
    This tells me you don't vote. Why? That's your basic American right. My premise is, if you don't vote, you can't bitch
    about what our govt does. I mean you can, but where does it get you? That's how elected officials get canned by
    not voting for them.

If you don't want to vote, you can still voice your opinion to your representative. Google is your friend. Find out
    who he is and rip him a new one.(leave out cuss words) Not that he will read it, but at least you will feel better.

The same goes for voting. You'll feel better knowing you voted for your candidate, win or lose.

rkelly110

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    I see, Im not so sure I/O's was though with his cited quotes. Check in I/O let the awakening commence.
    I/O quoted Dems in his post. Did you know very few Dems voted to go into Iraq? They knew the WMD's was a ploy to finish daddy's war.

jtoler

I/O quoted Dems in his post. Did you know veseery few Dems voted to go into Iraq? They knew the WMD's was a ploy to finish daddy's war.
    Ahh I see, seems Im the lost one on the thread lol.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

R Kelly I don't bitch about what our gov does. I simply observe and understand how things work and corruption is at the core. People who vote can feel free and think they have the right to bitch all they want but truth is they have the same power I do....zero. Just got finished watching the video of the Panama invasion up above very interesting! Even a former US attorney General Ramsey Clark basically echoed my sentiments around the 1 hr 15.min mark.

We are not truly a democracy and the citizens of this country have no real power. Those dog and pony shows we call elections which are held simply give Americans the illusion of power thinking they control fate and that they can make a difference. Truth is the powers that be will run things how they see fit and make any policies they want or change laws under the guise it's in the best interest of the American people. That video although not shocking is quite disgusting and just gives a glimpse of what happens behind the scenes at any given time.
    Last edited by R.P. McMurphy; 08-31-14 at 09:13 PM.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Tell me please what rights do we really have in this "democratic" society and land of the free? You need a license to go fish, wear a seatbelt to drive, cannot cross the street even in certain spots legally, and even tho I'm not a gun owner or enthusiast if certain people have their way they want to override the constitution and take away our right to bear arms. Under the standard manipulative reasoning of course it's to save American lives. Cause of course anyone with half a brain must realize if you take guns away mostly from responsible hard working citizens that will solve all the violence. Kind of like drugs they are illegal as well and how is the "war" on drugs going? Oh yeah their available on just about every corner within a few min drive. Everyday big brother is stripping us of more freedoms and rights while we just sit back and tune into reality tv.

Our basic freedoms in this country in a nutshell are you have the right to get up go to work, and decide Pepsi/coke, and where do I shop for my fukkin groceries case closed!

khicks26
    khicks26's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 18912

We are imperialist. Run by bankers, wall street, and arms dealers. The clowns in Washington are there puppets. As Cornel West has said. Obama is Wall Streets black mascot. Here is a great Doc on what the problem is, and how it could be fixed.

Points Awarded:

R.P. McMurphy gave khicks26 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

rkelly110

Tell me please what rights do we really have in this "democratic" society and land of the free? You need a license to go fish, wear a seatbelt to drive, cannot cross the street even in certain spots legally, and even tho I'm not a gun owner or enthusiast if certain people have their way they want to override the constitution and take away our right to bear arms. Under the standard manipulative reasoning of course it's to save American lives. Cause of course anyone with half a brain must realize if you take guns away mostly from responsible hard working citizens that will solve all the violence. Kind of like drugs they are illegal as well and how is the "war" on drugs going? Oh yeah their available on just about every corner within a few min drive. Everyday big brother is stripping us of more freedoms and rights while we just sit back and tune into reality tv.

Our basic freedoms in this country in a nutshell are you have the right to get up go to work, and decide Pepsi/coke, and where do I shop for my fukkin groceries case closed!
    So by doing nothing will fix our problems? Do you really think the powers that be would want Obama in for two terms?

You can thank our restrictiveness on terrorism, bankers and people/ corporations gaming the system.

khicks26
    khicks26's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 18912

Thanks for the points McMurphy. Your all right in my book.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

@Khicks no problem man thanks for the vid some nice interesting ones in this thread.

@Rkelly wish I had all the answers and solutions but I'm not that bright haha. For starters tho we need a new way of doing things and some new blood in Washington. Not an easy thing to do far as fixing politics tho when you are dealing with men of power and wealth there is just simply an inherit evil that goes along with it. The politicians, lobbyists, wall st, this is all a dirty play ground and alot of our politicians and law makers are former lawyers and we all know what upstanding scumbags most lawyers are but that's their breeding ground.

In my opinion tho we need a complete overhaul in our culture and way of thinking. From the time we are born all we hear is how great we are and America is the greatest country etc. Just helps feed the mindset of selfishness, entitlement, and ego that rips us apart and creates so much friction. As a country we are truly more divided into millions of fragments more so than United. Most people probably don't even know the name of the guy that lives 2/3 doors down or maybe just spoken to him in passing a time or two. Sadly when an event like 9/11 happens we all hit the pause button for a brief moment and kind of feel united. But ultimately until enough of us hit that pause button and step back to evaluate and change our mindset it will just be more of the same.

Simply voting is not enough you still have not changed the culture or structure and most of those who were in power with their type of mindset will still be setting the rules and looking out for their own best interests and the interests of those they are in bed with (figuratively). Go ahead and wait until next election Obama will be out and you can get your hopes built up in someone else for 5 min until you see it's just more of the same and the evil wheel keeps turning biz as usual! Good talk guys enjoy your holiday with friends and fam or whomever.

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

I have actually seen footage of Colin Powell's nose growing during his presentation to the UN about the presence of WMDs in Iraq. The Bush administration thankful that HD had not come too far at that point.

Optional

In my opinion tho we need a complete overhaul in our culture and way of thinking. From the time we are born all we hear is how great we are and America is the greatest country etc. Just helps feed the mindset of selfishness, entitlement, and ego that rips us apart and creates so much friction.
    Thinking that as the worlds richest country it's fine to have pretty much the lowest minimum wage in the developed world.

Thinking that as the world's richest country everyone should be able to buy gas for almost nothing compared to its real cost.

Thinking "fukk you jack, I'm alright" so why should my taxes go to social welfare.

Thinking that Ayn Rand style philosophy is anything more than an excuse to be selfish.

Do you think there is any chance to change any of those things?

12 Last