tsimmns
    tsimmns's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1587

Help with resuem/Still looking for offshore work

Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  13.8 KB

Any help.

Also, all of the below information that I copied from a USA jobs post could be added in here somewhere relevant as I know how to do all of that from training with the Air National Guard. This could be per-tent since most of the jobs I want to eventually get are electronic related jobs. However, starting at the bottom as a roustabout is no problem.

(1) Performs maintenance on one or more complete electronic integrated systems such as the Fuel Savings Advisory System (FSAS), Self-Contained Navigation System (SCNS), All Weather Landing System, and Malfunction Detection, Analysis, and Recording System (MADAR). Completes operational checks, inspections, tests, and trouble shooting of line replaceable units (LRUs) which are linked with the integrated systems and, also a number of LRUs which are independent or associated with nonintegrated systems. Isolates unusual malfunctions using technical orders, schematics and wiring diagrams, tools, and test equipment including automatic test equipment. Solves problems by analyzing installation, circuitry, and operating characteristics of the systems. Adjusts and aligns system sensors, transmitters, amplifiers, power supplies, display devices, controls, transponders, actuators, servos, computers and other related components. Removes faulty LRUs for shop repair. Installs serviceable components into aircraft and performs total systems alignment and harmonization in accordance with existing technical orders and directives. Accomplishes technical order compliances and modification of components and systems and completes systems checkout for proper operation. Maintains, modifies, calibrates and inspects a wide variety of user test, measurement, and diagnostic equipment (TMDE).

(2) Performs maintenance on automatic flight control systems, instrument systems, communications and navigation systems, and inertial navigations systems. Completes bench check, testing, repair, inspection, modification, programming, reprogramming, mating, adjusting, alignment, and analyzing of LRUs and shop replaceable units (SRUs). Uses a variety of test equipment such as automatic test equipment (ATE), oscilloscopes, frequency counters, phase-angle voltmeters, optical alignment equipment, digital pitot-static testers, programming units and special purpose test analyzers. Tests and troubleshoots solid state electronic assemblies and subassemblies such as circuit cards, modules, rate generators, electronic control amplifiers, electro-mechanical assemblies, random access memories, programmable read only memories, and various integrated circuits. Identifies faulty part and repairs to level authorized. Reassembles unit after repair, performs alignment and makes shop checks.

(3) Recommends methods to improve equipment performance, technical data, and maintenance procedures by reporting hardware and software malfunctions, initiates material deficiency reports both on equipment and in technical data, and assists in design changes as necessary. Conducts debriefing of aircrews to determine the nature of system malfunctions then documents all maintenance performed and records information related to the system, LRUs, or SRUs on both aircraft and historical records.

(4) Conducts on-the-job training on assigned systems and related support equipment and tasks to include classroom instruction as necessary.

(5) Processes and accounts for due-in from maintenance (DIFM) supply assets. Ensures that material and equipment are properly stored, protected and maintained and that funds are not obligated for material or parts without proper justification.

(6) Prepares for and participates in various types of readiness evaluations such as Operational Readiness Inspections (ORI), Inspector General (IG) inspections, and Unit Effectiveness Inspections and mobility and command support exercises. May be required to perform additional duties such as structural firefighting, aircraft fire/crash/rescue duty, serve as a security guard, remove snow, load and handle munitions, launch/recover and service aircraft, operate heavy equipment, maintain facilities and equipment, or serve as a member of a team to cope with natural disasters or civil emergencies. Complies with safety, fire, security, and housekeeping regulations.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

it's unreadable
    upload this image to a site like www.tinypic.com and post a link here
    it will keep the original resolution intact

playersonly69
    playersonly69's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 142

You first need help in spelling resume

tsimmns

Quote Originally Posted by playersonly69 View Post
    You first need help in spelling resume
    Ah yes, the typo in resume. Will upload to tiny

tsimmns

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=35ar...8#.U_tyNWPs6So

Again, criticism is welcome along with with there other information could be placed or used.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

First of all you're missing a subject line on your resume

it should go right after your name and contact info and before your work history

here is an example from my buddy's resume

Last edited by Russian Rocket; 08-25-14 at 12:38 PM.

tsimmns

Subject line? Such as an objective of what I am applying for?

Example..

Objective
    To obtain a job as an oil field Roustabout

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9990

Quote Originally Posted by tsimmns View Post
    Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  13.8 KB

Any help.

Also, all of the below information that I copied from a USA jobs post could be added in here somewhere relevant as I know how to do all of that from training with the Air National Guard. This could be per-tent since most of the jobs I want to eventually get are electronic related jobs. However, starting at the bottom as a roustabout is no problem.

(1) Performs maintenance on one or more complete electronic integrated systems such as the Fuel Savings Advisory System (FSAS), Self-Contained Navigation System (SCNS), All Weather Landing System, and Malfunction Detection, Analysis, and Recording System (MADAR). Completes operational checks, inspections, tests, and trouble shooting of line replaceable units (LRUs) which are linked with the integrated systems and, also a number of LRUs which are independent or associated with nonintegrated systems. Isolates unusual malfunctions using technical orders, schematics and wiring diagrams, tools, and test equipment including automatic test equipment. Solves problems by analyzing installation, circuitry, and operating characteristics of the systems. Adjusts and aligns system sensors, transmitters, amplifiers, power supplies, display devices, controls, transponders, actuators, servos, computers and other related components. Removes faulty LRUs for shop repair. Installs serviceable components into aircraft and performs total systems alignment and harmonization in accordance with existing technical orders and directives. Accomplishes technical order compliances and modification of components and systems and completes systems checkout for proper operation. Maintains, modifies, calibrates and inspects a wide variety of user test, measurement, and diagnostic equipment (TMDE).

(2) Performs maintenance on automatic flight control systems, instrument systems, communications and navigation systems, and inertial navigations systems. Completes bench check, testing, repair, inspection, modification, programming, reprogramming, mating, adjusting, alignment, and analyzing of LRUs and shop replaceable units (SRUs). Uses a variety of test equipment such as automatic test equipment (ATE), oscilloscopes, frequency counters, phase-angle voltmeters, optical alignment equipment, digital pitot-static testers, programming units and special purpose test analyzers. Tests and troubleshoots solid state electronic assemblies and subassemblies such as circuit cards, modules, rate generators, electronic control amplifiers, electro-mechanical assemblies, random access memories, programmable read only memories, and various integrated circuits. Identifies faulty part and repairs to level authorized. Reassembles unit after repair, performs alignment and makes shop checks.

(3) Recommends methods to improve equipment performance, technical data, and maintenance procedures by reporting hardware and software malfunctions, initiates material deficiency reports both on equipment and in technical data, and assists in design changes as necessary. Conducts debriefing of aircrews to determine the nature of system malfunctions then documents all maintenance performed and records information related to the system, LRUs, or SRUs on both aircraft and historical records.

(4) Conducts on-the-job training on assigned systems and related support equipment and tasks to include classroom instruction as necessary.

(5) Processes and accounts for due-in from maintenance (DIFM) supply assets. Ensures that material and equipment are properly stored, protected and maintained and that funds are not obligated for material or parts without proper justification.

(6) Prepares for and participates in various types of readiness evaluations such as Operational Readiness Inspections (ORI), Inspector General (IG) inspections, and Unit Effectiveness Inspections and mobility and command support exercises. May be required to perform additional duties such as structural firefighting, aircraft fire/crash/rescue duty, serve as a security guard, remove snow, load and handle munitions, launch/recover and service aircraft, operate heavy equipment, maintain facilities and equipment, or serve as a member of a team to cope with natural disasters or civil emergencies. Complies with safety, fire, security, and housekeeping regulations.
    Is 1-6 the job responsibilities for which you are applying?

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Subject line? Such as an objective of what I am applying for?

Example..

Objective
    To obtain a job as an oil field Roustabout
    yup exactly...but put a little more than just this one short sentence

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Why have resume when you have Facebook

tsimmns

Quote Originally Posted by newguy View Post
    Is 1-6 the job responsibilities for which you are applying?
    No. These were taking from a job listing on USA Jobs. I am applying for every entry level electronic technician and roustabout job in the oil and gas field industry. Only 1-2 of that listing are credentials that I have. The rest are really only relevant to Air Force in house work so to speak.

tsimmns

Ok, so a subject line. I can add that. I guess the goal is possibly to keep this resume at 1 page and add some of the other information. However, where should I put it since it's only stuff I do once a weekend.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Ok, so a subject line. I can add that. I guess the goal is possibly to keep this resume at 1 page and add some of the other information. However, where should I put it since it's only stuff I do once a weekend.
    the objective should go between your contact info and the summary of your work experience

are you applying for the Roustabout position?

if so, put something like this:

CAREER OBJECTIVE
    To obtain Roustabout position that fully utilizes my skills and abilities.

tsimmns

Thanks Russian and that would be enough to fulfill the subject line? What about the rest of it. Does it look ok, terrible, need a major overhaul? Resumes are something that I dread doing.

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25123

What area of the country are you looking in? You may want to try and find a recruiter of some sort to help. I have heard they have a lot to do with Oil Field type positions and such.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Thanks Russian and that would be enough to fulfill the subject line? What about the rest of it. Does it look ok, terrible, need a major overhaul? Resumes are something that I dread doing.
    Personally I would put more than just one sentence in the Subject line...but I know nothing about this industry, so I can't really tell you what else you can add to the objective and your resume.
    The format looks fine to me.

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff

I would also change WORK HISTORY to Experience. I know its ticky tack but resumes are generally a series of small things.

tsimmns

Also, I have college work but never listed it on there since I didn't not graduate from the university. Should it be listed, I was just afraid if I put it above my high school in the education section that people would assume I had a degree from there.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Quote Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
    What area of the country are you looking in? You may want to try and find a recruiter of some sort to help. I have heard they have a lot to do with Oil Field type positions and such.
    this is actually an excellent advice - most of the recruiters will help you with your resume...some of them could even rewrite the whole damn thing for ya

tsimmns

Quote Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
    I am looking for any offshore work that works on a rotational basis, Louisiana, Alaska, Texas, heck I would even work internationally. I do plan on attending a job fair in the next month in Louisiana.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Also, I have college work but never listed it on there since I didn't not graduate from the university. Should it be listed, I was just afraid if I put it above my high school in the education section that people would assume I had a degree from there.
    when you have a degree, you'd generally state that on your resume
    even if you just took a few classes - add them to your education section

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Rocket View Post
    when you have a degree, you'd generally state that on your resume
    even if you just took a few classes - add them to your education section

I would add an education section stating your high school degree plus your college years attended.

SO if you attended Hamburger U for 3 semesters

Hamburger U, 2011-2012

Obviously you wont be able to list a degree but coupled with you military experience may paint a better picture.

tsimmns

I have made a format change that looks like this

Military Training

• Integrated Instrument/Flight Controls Systems Apprentice Course – 2014
    • Electronic Warfare Apprentice Course – 2012
    • Electronic Principles Course – 2012
    • Non Destructive Inspection Apprentice Course – 2006

Education

• University of xxxx, 2001 - 2005
    • Hatley High School – 2001

I am also considering making the resume 2 pages to include a subject and add key words from that job posting under military experience to highlight my electronic use during drill weekend to make it look like I have more than just a course and actually do some electronic work every now and then.

What about the comma here, should it be a dash? Should I list the high school as 1997 - 2001 to make it look the same throughout.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

What about the comma here, should it be a dash? Should I list the high school as 1997 - 2001 to make it look the same throughout.
    yeah get rid of the comma and just do this

Education

• University of xxxx 2001 - 2005
    • Hatley High School 1997 - 2001

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Good luck, lotta experience.