TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Ebay: Question On Shipping First Class Material With Tracking

I figured I'd ask some experts at SBR. I'm tired of sending things $5.25 priority mail constantly. I've noticed a few ebayers sending things first class with a tracking number. That's what I want to do but I wanted to keep my overall shipping costs low. I don't see anything at the USPS website in regards to doing this properly with a tracking number.

Are their any affordable companies like Stamps.com in which you can print first class postage with a tracking number? How are people on ebay doing this? Some items are so cheap that they are selling... how the hell are they making any profits? The shipping bill costs more than the item.

Just like to hear a few opinions. Thanks!

slambam
    slambam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Pretty sure tracking is standard on First Class now, it started a couple years ago. I've gone to the post office and didn't request a tracking number, but was given one anyway. Below is a thing from eBay's web page.

http://announcements.ebay.com/2012/0...h-ebay-labels/

NrmlCurvSurfr
    NrmlCurvSurfr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 600

Insurance comes with tracking, +ev if you were going to pay for tracking anyway.

Boner_18
    Update your status
    Boner_18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1031

Its a first class package, not a first class letter, up to 13oz. Id get a label printer if you do any sort of volume, i use a brother ql 570 and ive hacked the labels so i can use cheap non brother branded ones i buy off ebay. Just click "print shipping label" on the sold items view of my ebay, itll take you to paypal shipping where you can select 1st class package, starting @1.93 incl tracking.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

I print up my First Class labels right through Paypal(after I sell the item on Ebay)

You can only use first class if the package is 13 ounces or less.

There is an Ebay discount that you get when you print the labels up through Paypal. I think you can also print them up through Ebay.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

You can also just print up labels right on normal paper and cut them out and tape them to your packages. I recommend using Duck brand tape as it is cheaper than Scotch and is just as good quality. You can buy 4 packs at Walmart pretty cheap.

timbaland99
    timbaland99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

You are doing the right thing by sticking with USPS. I would avoid the global shipping program at all costs. It is really discouraging for buyers to see the item they want to bid on or buy and then scroll down to find out that the price has nearly doubled due to the global shipping program.

What kinds of stuff are you selling?

chipper
    chipper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2174

I print all my labels right through the eBay back office. Discounted shipping prices and tracking are included. You can definitely ship something first class through them with tracking.