smoke a bowl
    smoke a bowl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14472

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Ah you both seem to miss the point. By putting the tip in the menu price you eliminate stiffing the waiter.
    And take away all incentive of the employee to do a decent job? No thanks I like it our way. No offense to the rest of the world.

louisvillekid
    slummin it
    louisvillekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3822

dam, this thread is baffling absurd yet silly at the same time

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyIsWater View Post
    America isn't disrepesctful.

We as a country value life, and try to impose other countries to give EVERY human being a freedom.

You are just some pompous ass that would shit a brick and doesn't value what you have.

You obviously take things for granted.

You're a sick human too think that we are disrespectful. There are people that sign up in this country to hopefully one day have freedom.

What disrespectful is throwing beliefs on one another. Killing people over it. That's why there is war, not because of America.
    There's normal brand of delusional, then there's USA brand of delusionality...

Hardcore NFI...

NrmlCurvSurfr
    NrmlCurvSurfr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 600

Ok, I don't even think "delusionality" is a word...this thread is priceless

Burkina2008
    Burkina2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

The kind of people that look for FREEDOM in the US

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2774

Quote Originally Posted by Burkina2008 View Post
    The kind of people that look for FREEDOM in the US
    and how the rest of the world (immigrants) looks for FREEDOM in the US!......(numbers representing millions)

http://www.forbes.com/sites/modeledb...-in-the-world/

Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 10-08-15 at 02:29 PM. Reason: image does not exist

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

I don't know when I'm in another country I try to find out and follow their customs as mush as possible. Isn't that pretty much the norm for every traveler?

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9990

Kind of a moot point this whole argument is. Not changing anytime soon. Restaurants have lower fixed costs by paying less. That alone will keep it from changing.

Where I hate tipping is at all inclusive. I'm on beach, hate tucking a bunch of bills in my speedo. Like how cruises do it. Tip at end. Easier that way and I give more.

Interesting thoughts here though.

Burkina2008

Quote Originally Posted by Da Manster! View Post
    and how the rest of the world (immigrants) looks for FREEDOM in the US!......(numbers representing millions)

http://www.forbes.com/sites/modeledb...-in-the-world/

So silly...these numbers dont represent millions...denmark has 5 million people in it how can it have 26 million people as immigrants

And if you make a comparison by per capita almost all on the list exceed the US

Just take Spain for example is smaller than Texas, has close to 15% of the population US has and has only 50% less emigration than the US

If you compare it to EU, u just need to sum Germany, Spain, UK, Italy and France and you already have twice the amount of immigrants.

Dont kid yourself your country has much poorer living standards than the EU and its only worth to live there in comparison if you earn 500k+ a year...which is around 1-2% of the US population

And by the way read the rest of the article you have there, that contradicts exactly what you are saying in the first place...
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 10-08-15 at 02:29 PM. Reason: image does not exist

boomerbust
    boomerbust's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1293

Speedo?? You're not "that guy" are you?

Burkina2008

Quote Originally Posted by smitch124 View Post
    I don't know when I'm in another country I try to find out and follow their customs as mush as possible. Isn't that pretty much the norm for every traveler?
    Yes that is exactly what the US is doing in Iraq...

Da Manster!

So silly...these numbers dont represent millions...denmark has 5 million people in it how can it have 26 million people as immigrants

And if you make a comparison by per capita almost all on the list exceed the US

Just take Spain for example is smaller than Texas, has close to 15% of the population US has and has only 50% less emigration than the US

If you compare it to EU, u just need to sum Germany, Spain, UK, Italy and France and you already have twice the amount of immigrants.

Dont kid yourself your country has much poorer living standards than the EU and its only worth to live there in comparison if you earn 500k+ a year...which is around 1-2% of the US population

And by the way read the rest of the article you have there, that contradicts exactly what you are saying in the first place...

Well, it still doesn't change the fact that you are a cheap bastard!...

Burkina2008

Quote Originally Posted by Da Manster! View Post
    Well, it still doesn't change the fact that you are a cheap bastard!...
    This coming from a fine example of a US citizen that cannot even read an article or comment accordingly on a statistic...keep on being silly...

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9047

Quote Originally Posted by louisvillekid View Post
    dam, this thread is baffling absurd yet silly at the same time
    Sure is...I actually agree with Burk about tipping here...but that whole Ghostbusters thing...

Da Manster!

This coming from a fine example of a US citizen that cannot even read an article or comment accordingly on a statistic...keep on being silly...
    actually you need to learn how to read...bottom line, more people immigrate to the US than any other country: FACT!...that was the whole point of the rebuttal to your David Hasselhoff post....now, keep on being a cheap bastard...

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

Quote Originally Posted by SamDiamond View Post
    Pavy.... you were complaining about the time it takes to get your bill, calculate the tip, pay, and get out.

Did you forget that part?

Suppose the tip is fixed in.

Would that speed up the process you described?
    It would save me about 4 seconds, Pavy, 20 minutes.

Burkina2008

​Here is a good text on tipping:

Tipping

While it’s a perk for most of you, for me it was terribly annoying to be in restaurants and having a waitress interrupt me every 3 minutes asking me if everything is OK. I’d have to feign a smile (it’s the American way – see above!) and thumbs up to make her go away since my mouth was always full. I really don’t see the point – if you’ve given me the wrong order or if I suddenly realise I’m dying from an allergic reaction to your food, you’ll know it long before those 3 minutes are up.
    Eating out is always an annoying experience because of this. In the rest of the world we call the server over when we need something. If this was genuine interest, or if the person was trying to be friendly that would be cool, but that’s not what it’s about. In fact, it’s all down to “subtle” reminders that this person wants you to tip them.
    This drove me crazy – I really think tipping as a means of waitresses and others earning the vast majority of their living is ridiculous. If I have to pay, say 15% anyway, then include it in the bill! It’s not a bloody tip if it’s mandatory!!!
    Once again, one huge complaint I hear in other countries is how rude waitresses are, and Americans claim it’s because they aren’t tipped. Instead of getting tipped they earn a wage like everyone else, and do their job and if they do it bad enough they’ll get fired. But apparently not pestering you every minute and not smiling like you are in a Ms. World competition means you are “rude”.
    I think the basic concept of tipping is nice – but all explanations I’ve heard about it as a must-domake no sense when you really talk it out. You can paint waitresses/waiters as hard workers who earn those tips, and need a chance for a higher wage than if they got minimum wage… but what about teachers and nurses? Why not tip them? Why not tip everyone who you interact with in some way – bus drivers, or leave money on your trash can for the garbage man? It’s inconsistent, and waiters, hairdressers and taximen should just charge us what needs to be charged.
    See more of my confusion on tipping here.
    Some people ludicrously suggest that it makes it cheaper that the restaurant doesn’t have to charge more, but you’re paying the difference anyway. What it does contribute to is clear though:
    False prices on everything

Tipping is just the peak of the iceberg.
    It’s all one big marketing scam to make people feel like they are paying less. The price you see on a menu is nothing compared to what you’ll actually pay. Apart from tipping, you have to of course pay taxes.
    Now taxes are things that you simply have to pay on items you purchase – it’s how governments work all around the world. So why hide it from us? It boggles my mind that places refuse to include the tax in prices. The price they state is pretty much useless. It’s just saying “this is how much we get from what you pay, but you’ll actually pay more”.
    I don’t give a flying toss how much YOU get, I want to know how much I have to pay! How much money… do you want me… to hand to you? Do I really have to spell this out?
    The most laughable of all of these is the “dollar store”. If you have a single dollar, you will be turned away from a “dollar” store! It’s a dollar… that they earn not that you pay. Do you follow? The only thing that matters is the business’s perspective.
    I’ve been told that this is because taxing is different in each state. I shed a tear for the poor giant corporations selling widgets in different states who can’t possibly print out a label for millions of people because it inconveniences the corporation/seller ever so slightly. We have the same product sold across many European countries (in many cases in the same multilingual packaging) and somehow someone in the company found the time to punch numbers into a $1 calculator in advance to tell people how much they are actually paying.
    It’s nothing but a large scale marketing scam. Make the price seem cheaper, which is lying to people. One great way to get people in more debt is to make them feel like they are spending less, but add the rest when it comes time to hand over the cash.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ACoochy

SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

​Tipping
    I have a question. Why the fuk do you care how we do things here in the states?

When you visit friends do you tell them how to run their households? Do you tell them everything they are doing wrong?

How about this. You're worry about your shit, and leave our house alone.
    Points Awarded:

retard gave SamDiamond 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR
    zizoudane10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 287

I have a question. Why the fuk do you care how we do things here in the states?

When you visit friends do you tell them how to run their households? Do you tell them everything they are doing wrong?

How about this. You're worry about your shit, and leave our house alone.
    I agree here.
    Our system works fine here (and as I mentioned before, if you liked it you are leaving tip as well, 5-10%!) and your system seems to work for you. End of story.

SamDiamond

Quote Originally Posted by zizoudane10 View Post
    I agree here.
    Our system works fine here (and as I mentioned before, if you liked it you are leaving tip as well, 5-10%!) and your system seems to work for you. End of story.
    Exactly Ziz. I wouldn't roll into someone else's house (country) and then remind them of all the shit they do wrong... If what you do works for you... then so be it.

Burkina2008

Other retarded stuff in America are (just counting a few):

- Commercials on TV, you cannot see a show/sports for more than 5 min without a commercial break
    - ID checks and dumb drinking laws: the guy in front of me at Wegmans was at least 60, still they need to check the ID when he buys beer? What is the point of this? You can go to the army at 18 but you can only drink at 21? Why?
    - Religion in America: Seriously creationism? How dumb can you be to believe in that? An then mormons, hamish, Tom Cruise's church...never seen so many retard religions in any other place. And still the bad guys are from Islam, who exist for more than 1000 years...
    - Small business, where? I go from state to state and you get the same food chains everywhere, the same food, the same stores...complete ilusion of choice in the US
    - You have to have a car unless you live in NY or 2 or 3 other big cities. Thats absurd medieval thinking. Meanwhile, here's a familiar sight from an American parking lot: A gas-guzzling SUV, probably parked over the lines at the grocery store, with one of those stick figure family decals in the back window. Because gallons of milk need to be transported in tanks.
    - Everything is awsome: You go to the toilet "awsome", you ****** the guys sister "awsome", you come from Bismark, South Dakota "Awsome"...
    -

- Commercials on TV, you cannot see a show/sports for more than 5 min without a commercial break
    - ID checks and dumb drinking laws: the guy in front of me at Wegmans was at least 60, still they need to check the ID when he buys beer? What is the point of this? You can go to the army at 18 but you can only drink at 21? Why?
    - Religion in America: Seriously creationism? How dumb can you be to believe in that? An then mormons, hamish, Tom Cruise's church...never seen so many retard religions in any other place. And still the bad guys are from Islam, who exist for more than 1000 years...
    - Small business, where? I go from state to state and you get the same food chains everywhere, the same food, the same stores...complete ilusion of choice in the US
    - You have to have a car unless you live in NY or 2 or 3 other big cities. Thats absurd medieval thinking.
    - As the U.S. Congress plows into gridlock again over Obamacare, Europe offers a number of examples of far more efficient health care systems. According to a Bloomberg study, four European nations rank in the top 10. Apparently, the U.S. could learn something from Spain, Italy, Switzerland and Sweden. In fact, of the 48 nations surveyed, the U.S. ranked 46, edging out only Serbia and Brazil.
    -
    Switzerland and San Marino -- the microstate surrounded by Italy -- tied Japan for the world's longest life expectancy, at 83 years, according to a 2011 World Health Organization study. From there, eight European nations tied for fourth place, at 82 years, including Italy, Andorra and Sweden. In fact, 24 European nations rank ahead of the U.S. on the list, which comes in at number 33...
    -
    The top seven nations in the world, in terms of time off? All European. Austrians get 35 (35!) paid days off per year. Nobody criticizes them for being lazy. Meanwhile, the U.S. is the sole developed nation that requires no paid vacation time or holidays by law.
    -
    Europe uses the metric system. If you can multiply by 10, you now have the next highest unit. Boom. Done. In the US there are 3 teaspoons in a tablespoon, 16 tablespoons in a cup, 2 cups in a pint, 2 pints in a quart and 4 quarts to a gallon. There are 12 inches in a foot, 3 feet in a yard and 1,760 yards in a mile (or 5,280 feet, as is more commonly known). There are 144 square inches in a square foot and 43,560 square feet in an acre. There are 16 ounces in a pound and 2,000 pounds in a ton.
    This list excludes such fun units as picas, furlongs, fathoms, nautical miles, survey townships, bushels and hogsheads. Yup. A hogshead is a unit of measurement and not a Harry Potter character. Look it up.

The list goes on and on....

smoke a bowl

Burkina, we get it pal you don't believe in tipping. Point made now find something else to shit on the US about. Tons of things out there.

SamDiamond

I get it now. You're just a jealous cocksuker.

I can copy and paste too.

Good luck when you are under Sharia Law.

The Islamization of Germany

On January 14, the City-State of Bremen signed a so-called state treaty with city's 40,000-strong Muslim community. The agreement guarantees the protection of Muslim community properties, the approval of the construction of mosques with minarets and domes, the allotment of land for Muslim cemeteries, the supplying of halal food at prisons and hospitals, the recognition of three Muslim holidays, Muslim representation in state institutions and several other rights and privileges.
    According to Erol Pürlü, the spokesman of the Koordinationsrat der Muslime [Muslim Coordination Council], a Turkish-Muslim umbrella group, the treaty with Bremen "sends a clear signal that Islam belongs to Germany."

Bremen is the second German state to sign a treaty with local Muslim communities. Hamburg, the second-largest city in Germany, concluded a "historic treaty" with the city's 200,000-strong Muslim community in November 2012.

Critics say the agreements do little to encourage Muslim integration into German society and instead will boost the growing influence of Islam in the country by encouraging the perpetuation of a Muslim parallel society.

Also in January, a court in Berlin convicted two Islamists of being members of al-Qaeda and sentenced them to a combined 15 years in prison.
    Yusuf Ocak, 27, from Lübeck, Germany, and Maqsood Lodin, 23, an Austrian of Afghan background, were assigned by al-Qaeda to collect money and recruit members for the terrorist group in Europe. Ocak was arrested in Vienna and Lodin in Berlin in May 2011.
    At the time of their arrest, police uncovered a treasure trove of intelligence, including more than 100 al-Qaeda planning documents that described some of the terror group's most audacious plots and a road map for future operations. Future plots include the seizing of cruise ships and carrying out other large-scale terrorist attacks in Europe.
    Meanwhile, German security officials warned that the country's support for France's fight against Islamists in Mali had increased the risk of a terrorist attack targeting German interests both at home and abroad.
    Citing a classified government report, the daily Bild said on January 29 that more than 100 German Islamists are believed to have received paramilitary training at terrorist training camps abroad, and that half of that group had already returned to Germany. The classified report said the militants included many German converts to radical Islam who have received training from al-Qaeda on how to plan attacks as "autonomous cells" in Germany.
    In February, Muslim plans to convert the Kapernaumkirche [Capernaum Church]—a former Lutheran church in the city of Hamburg—into a mosque, generated controversy across Germany.
    From Berlin to Dortmund to Mönchengladbach, the proliferation of mosques housed in former churches reflects the rise of Islam as the fastest growing religion in post-Christian Germany.
    Major German newspapers greeted the news with apparent resignation, and published editorials with titles such as "When Mosques Replace Churches," "Tenant Allah," "Christian on the Outside, Muslim on the Inside," and "The New Normal."

Burkina2008

I get it now. You're just a jealous cocksuker.

I can copy and paste too.

Good luck when you are under Sharia Law.

The Islamization of Germany

On January 14, the City-State of Bremen signed a so-called state treaty with city's 40,000-strong Muslim community. The agreement guarantees the protection of Muslim community properties, the approval of the construction of mosques with minarets and domes, the allotment of land for Muslim cemeteries, the supplying of halal food at prisons and hospitals, the recognition of three Muslim holidays, Muslim representation in state institutions and several other rights and privileges.
    According to Erol Pürlü, the spokesman of the Koordinationsrat der Muslime [Muslim Coordination Council], a Turkish-Muslim umbrella group, the treaty with Bremen "sends a clear signal that Islam belongs to Germany."

Bremen is the second German state to sign a treaty with local Muslim communities. Hamburg, the second-largest city in Germany, concluded a "historic treaty" with the city's 200,000-strong Muslim community in November 2012.

Critics say the agreements do little to encourage Muslim integration into German society and instead will boost the growing influence of Islam in the country by encouraging the perpetuation of a Muslim parallel society.

Also in January, a court in Berlin convicted two Islamists of being members of al-Qaeda and sentenced them to a combined 15 years in prison.
    Yusuf Ocak, 27, from Lübeck, Germany, and Maqsood Lodin, 23, an Austrian of Afghan background, were assigned by al-Qaeda to collect money and recruit members for the terrorist group in Europe. Ocak was arrested in Vienna and Lodin in Berlin in May 2011.
    At the time of their arrest, police uncovered a treasure trove of intelligence, including more than 100 al-Qaeda planning documents that described some of the terror group's most audacious plots and a road map for future operations. Future plots include the seizing of cruise ships and carrying out other large-scale terrorist attacks in Europe.
    Meanwhile, German security officials warned that the country's support for France's fight against Islamists in Mali had increased the risk of a terrorist attack targeting German interests both at home and abroad.
    Citing a classified government report, the daily Bild said on January 29 that more than 100 German Islamists are believed to have received paramilitary training at terrorist training camps abroad, and that half of that group had already returned to Germany. The classified report said the militants included many German converts to radical Islam who have received training from al-Qaeda on how to plan attacks as "autonomous cells" in Germany.
    In February, Muslim plans to convert the Kapernaumkirche [Capernaum Church]—a former Lutheran church in the city of Hamburg—into a mosque, generated controversy across Germany.
    From Berlin to Dortmund to Mönchengladbach, the proliferation of mosques housed in former churches reflects the rise of Islam as the fastest growing religion in post-Christian Germany.
    Major German newspapers greeted the news with apparent resignation, and published editorials with titles such as "When Mosques Replace Churches," "Tenant Allah," "Christian on the Outside, Muslim on the Inside," and "The New Normal."
    AHAHAHAH just another uninformed reply...go figure...why dont you go back to Bismark, South Dakota
    Al Qaeda and all that non-sense is just dumb propaganda that FOX news gives to the non-critical people of your country.
    If you really would go to see these groups you would see that they are of course full of hatred on the US but are armed with sticks and stones...an enormous threat to US security and the worlds...

smoke a bowl

Burkina if I were you I'd find a job that doesn't require you to spend any time in this godforsaken landmass that we call a country. With your resources and ability to copy and paste as you do I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult. Cheers.

SamDiamond

AHAHAHAH just another uninformed reply...go figure...why dont you go back to Bismark, South Dakota
    Al Qaeda and all that non-sense is just dumb propaganda that FOX news gives to the non-critical people of your country.
    If you really would go to see these groups you would see that they are of course full of hatred on the US but are armed with sticks and stones...an enormous threat to US security and the worlds...
    Says the moron who is bitching about tv commercials and not being able to see the "Ghostbusters" building.

Stan's right. What the fuk is wrong with German people?

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR
    zizoudane10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 287

Says the moron who is bitching about tv commercials and not being able to see the "Ghostbusters" building.

Sam you fukkkkk

Burkina2008

Quote Originally Posted by smoke a bowl View Post
    Burkina if I were you I'd find a job that doesn't require you to spend any time in this godforsaken landmass that we call a country. With your resources and ability to copy and paste as you do I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult. Cheers.
    I am paid well for my job already so I dont mind coming here from time to time, I just would never ever live here...

Burkina2008

Its ok, I understand how you are mentally challenged...

Dude I am not german...so I really dont understand the reference. Not everyone that works for a german company and is based in Europe is german...

SamDiamond

Its ok, I understand how you are mentally challenged...

Dude I am not german...so I really dont understand the reference. Not everyone that works for a german company and is based in Europe is german...
    Then do tell.

What country do you call home?

Or are you hiding that out of humiliation?

Boner_18
    Update your status
    Boner_18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1031

- You have to have a car unless you live in NY or 2 or 3 other big cities. Thats absurd medieval thinking. Meanwhile, here's a familiar sight from an American parking lot: A gas-guzzling SUV, probably parked over the lines at the grocery store, with one of those stick figure family decals in the back window. Because gallons of milk need to be transported in tanks.
    - Everything is awsome: You go to the toilet "awsome", you ****** the guys sister "awsome", you come from Bismark, South Dakota "Awsome"...
    -

- You have to have a car unless you live in NY or 2 or 3 other big cities. Thats absurd medieval thinking.
    - As the U.S. Congress plows into gridlock again over Obamacare, Europe offers a number of examples of far more efficient health care systems. According to a Bloomberg study, four European nations rank in the top 10. Apparently, the U.S. could learn something from Spain, Italy, Switzerland and Sweden. In fact, of the 48 nations surveyed, the U.S. ranked 46, edging out only Serbia and Brazil.
    -
    Switzerland and San Marino -- the microstate surrounded by Italy -- tied Japan for the world's longest life expectancy, at 83 years, according to a 2011 World Health Organization study. From there, eight European nations tied for fourth place, at 82 years, including Italy, Andorra and Sweden. In fact, 24 European nations rank ahead of the U.S. on the list, which comes in at number 33...
    -
    The top seven nations in the world, in terms of time off? All European. Austrians get 35 (35!) paid days off per year. Nobody criticizes them for being lazy. Meanwhile, the U.S. is the sole developed nation that requires no paid vacation time or holidays by law.
    -
    Europe uses the metric system. If you can multiply by 10, you now have the next highest unit. Boom. Done. In the US there are 3 teaspoons in a tablespoon, 16 tablespoons in a cup, 2 cups in a pint, 2 pints in a quart and 4 quarts to a gallon. There are 12 inches in a foot, 3 feet in a yard and 1,760 yards in a mile (or 5,280 feet, as is more commonly known). There are 144 square inches in a square foot and 43,560 square feet in an acre. There are 16 ounces in a pound and 2,000 pounds in a ton.
    This list excludes such fun units as picas, furlongs, fathoms, nautical miles, survey townships, bushels and hogsheads. Yup. A hogshead is a unit of measurement and not a Harry Potter character. Look it up.

The list goes on and on....
    Well Gee! These are all the things I love! Aren't different opinions swell!

Burkina2008

Denmark

Burkina2008

Quote Originally Posted by Boner_18 View Post
    Well Gee! These are all the things I love! Aren't different opinions swell!
    wow you love that you cannot get alcohol until u r 21 but you can be called to a war? you love that your health care system (not obamacare, the one you pay for on ur insurance is 46th in a list of 48 countries? You love that Americans live far less than Europeans on average? You love that you dont get vacations by law?

r u serious??? or a masochist?

SamDiamond

Denmark

And what exactly is Denmark's contribution to the world?

This guy bitching about the United States lives in a country that has half the populace of Manhattan.

Get the fuk out of here.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Burkina what do you like about the US?

First 123456 ... Last