raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

lolz... seaweed, sorry buddy...the "big evidence" is that the earth is billions of years old...now im not exactly sold on how you would figure that up, but there are entirely too many things found on earth that are much much older than the 6k years the bible and christians would have you believe....

there is 0 evidence of a god and even less that you would have any idea of its capabilities... the doctored bible is your only source (and word of mouth passed down from generations)... and the whole bible is filled with completely irrational/unrealistic events that nobody has seen since BC, if im not mistaken..didnt most/all these crazy "miracles" happen BC? correct me if im wrong, im not a student of the bible... you are just another sheep that was told what to believe... its okay, i understand why you do and im not judging... but your use of rational/irrational is confusing... you really have no idea what a "god" could or would do...no idea of its capabilities or powers over others... you are just parroting something you were told...again , im not judging, but, in this case, we have a huge difference of opinion as to what is rational and what isnt
    Last edited by raydog; 01-29-15 at 01:15 AM.

Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

Quote Originally Posted by raydog View Post
    lolz... seaweed, sorry buddy...the "big evidence" is that the earth is billions of years old...now im not exactly sold on how you would figure that up, but there are entirely too many things found on earth that are much much older than the 6k years the bible and christians would have you believe....

there is 0 evidence of a god and even less that you would have any idea of its capabilities... the doctored bible is your only source (and word of mouth passed down from generations)... and the whole bible is filled with completely irrational/unrealistic events that nobody has seen since BC, if im not mistaken..didnt most/all these crazy "miracles" happen BC? correct me if im wrong, im not a student of the bible... you are just another sheep that was told what to believe... its okay, i understand why you do and im not judging... but your use of rational/irrational is confusing... you really have no idea what a "god" could or would do...no idea of its capabilities or powers over others... you are just parroting something you were told...again , im not judging, but, in this case, we have a huge difference of opinion as to what is rational and what isnt
    Raydog, bro, not all Christians believe in new earth creationism. Catholics are free to beliieve that the earth is 6 billion years old or free to believe in new earth creationism. A quick google will show you that it is not Church dogma as it doesn't deal with faith or morals. The Church has no official position on that matter, it is left up to us to decide based on science. Other fundamental Christians do not have the same view as they take the bible entirely literally. It is important to understand that people did not use the same literay techniques we use today. They wrote in allegories, metaphors, as a way to send an overall message. The Church ( and bible) is more concerned with matters of faith and morals, rather than explaining how the universe works. Also don't believe everything you read on internet about fossils being discovered from billions years ago. Carbon dating cant go that far back.
    Last edited by Seaweed; 01-29-15 at 01:35 AM.

Seaweed
    Update your status

Raydog, you ever ponder the fine tuning of the universe that allows for life? That allows us to exist? Even in the possibility of multi-universes, the fact that human life exists is incredible and by far the biggest miracle ever.

brainfreeze
    Meaning
    brainfreeze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

Who said 6,000 years ? That's a estimation, I say 7-8k ...a educated guess, no one has the exact date. It's not millions though.

Genesis 1:2 (KJV)
    2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Carbon dating millions of years is a fraud...

The reason? Carbon dating is only accurate back a few thousand years. So if scientists believe that a creature lived millions of years ago, then they would need to date it another way.
    http://www.angelfire.com/mi/dinosaurs/carbondating.html

And yes your wrong, the 33 recorded miracles of Jesus, happened in His life of 33 years... Though many miracles happened before the Messiah, the one that is important is the sacrificed blood of the Messiah and resurrection ...

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Where is proof the earth is billions of years old. When I first started studying carbon 14 dating in school I never believed in it, but thats just me, I found out later many people dont believe in it.

raydog

^^^bf, i knew i had fouled that up.. i dunno why i typed bc when i was aware these things happened in his lifetime.. that my bad

when it comes to god, you guys dont believe anything science presents... i have no idea why you would say 7-8 years instead of 6 that is the commonly agreed age amongst christians(or even 10k or20k) ... carbon dating has holes, but there are many other radiometric dating systems that are more accurate with its compounds ...

the fact of the matter is the earths age and things on it are proving the bible wrong on a daily basis..christians ignore it and refuse to believe... it would be okay if they didnt have this asinine idea that you can do shitty things over and over again and simply ask forgiveness and be good again... it allows them to keep pushing the envelope ... completely brainwashed

jtoler, i dont necessarily believe in the billions either, as i stated.. but i, like you and everyone else, have no real fukking clue... all that can be said is that science keeps laying claim to age and that age is far more believable to me than 6-7-8k(or a bit more) yrs old... the universe is huge boys... the earth is basically nothing
    Last edited by raydog; 01-29-15 at 02:04 AM.

Seaweed
    Update your status

What does the age of earth have to do with believing in a God? I'll tell you, 0. Jesus didn't come down to discuss the age of the universe. He came down to save us and show us the way. It's crazy how people get so caught up on agr of universe that it defines their belief. If you throw a baseball and break a window somebody has to pay for the damages, you can't just carry on and nobody has to pay for it. Going to confession is like going to that neighbour to pay for the damages. It is taking responsibilty for actions. What would you do if instead of you who threw the baseball and broke the window, someone total innocent took the blame and paid it off for you? That is what Jesus has done for us in a sense by dying for our sins so we can have the possibility of eternity. It doesn't mean we can break the rules and expect forgiveness, because it has to be sincere and in the bible it says Jesus knows our hearts and thoughts. You can't trick God.

raydog

gullible and brainwashed... you believe what you are told... living in fear of the unproven is an awful way to go through life, gents... you put all your trust in a doctored book with an incredible amount of holes in it... if there is one thing to doubt, the whole book is to be doubted and there is entirely too much nonsense to believe the whole thing... too much supposedly happened back then, that has never and realistically, can never be repeated... what made those times so special?

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Where is proof the earth is billions of years old. When I first started studying carbon 14 dating in school I never believed in it, but thats just me, I found out later many people dont believe in it.
    Radiometric dating is not limited to C14. The fact that you think that you A "don't believe it" and B don't seem to understand the process used to determine approximate age, tells me that you either didn't take any courses, or that your interest while taking that intro course was fleeting at best.

What sort of proof would change your mind? If you understand C14, you understand things like the reservoir effect (explaining antarctic discrepancies). You'd also understand that C14 is just one of the radiometric measurements, complimented by geological time period estimations and more.

muldoon

Quote Originally Posted by Seaweed View Post
    It is taking responsibilty for actions. What would you do if instead of you who threw the baseball and broke the window, someone total innocent took the blame and paid it off for you? That is what Jesus has done for us in a sense by dying for our sins so we can have the possibility of eternity. It doesn't mean we can break the rules and expect forgiveness, because it has to be sincere and in the bible it says Jesus knows our hearts and thoughts. You can't trick God.
    You challenged another poster and said you'd leave the forum if he fulfilled his end of the deal. You then lied and remain here.

Does Jesus need to come back to pay for that sin (of lying) too? Or did you just pray away the guilt of being a coward and liar?

brainfreeze
    Meaning

Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

It's like going in circles with you guys at warp speed, if some want to believe men's fairytale of ape ancestors and billions of years, it's wrong, some have accepted a lie, those who question it will find truth, but some will believe the lie, up to the individual...

muldoon

Quote Originally Posted by brainfreeze View Post
    It's like going in circles with you guys at warp speed, if some want to believe men's fairytale
    The irony of you calling something a fairy tale.

We now return to brainfreezewashed and his factual accounting of the logistics of Noah's ark.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by muldoon View Post
    Radiometric dating is not limited to C14. The fact that you think that you A "don't believe it" and B don't seem to understand the process used to determine approximate age, tells me that you either didn't take any courses, or that your interest while taking that intro course was fleeting at best.

What sort of proof would change your mind? If you understand C14, you understand things like the reservoir effect (explaining antarctic discrepancies). You'd also understand that C14 is just one of the radiometric measurements, complimented by geological time period estimations and more.
    Chill out wasn't a course it was simply talked about a little in the chemistry book.

jtoler

But no don't believe earth is billions or millions of years old but that's not really important to salvation.

muldoon

But no don't believe earth is billions or millions of years old but that's not really important to salvation.
    Of course it isn't. You require actual specific age proof of the earth (what would that entail by the way...a time machine...digital pictures?) - but because you happen to be born in a specific time and be a specific race and income, feel you have a path to salvation (and are willing to ignore MASSIVE gaps in that local train)

muldoon

Chill out wasn't a course it was simply talked about a little in the chemistry book.
    So a cursory glance at a chemistry book was enough for you to discount a testable theory.

blackHIPPY
    THESE NIGGAS PLANKTON
    blackHIPPY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1610

God is real
    religion is made up bs
    we do not understand God or life or why we are here we only pretend to to make ourselves more comfortable
    NOBODY knows wtf is going on

muldoon

Quote Originally Posted by blackHIPPY View Post
    God is real
    religion is made up bs
    we do not understand God or life or why we are here we only pretend to to make ourselves more comfortable
    NOBODY knows wtf is going on
    If NOBODY knows, then how do you know God is real (or that religion is made up)

brainfreeze
    Meaning

It's biting off of the lie, if you believe part of it,you open yourself up to more deception, either one believes Adam was the first man, perfect, made in the image of God, or apes were our ancestors ... Either one believes Gods word or what man tells them... Everything lines up from lineage to historical facts, it's all there... Anyone who wants to say otherwise is kidding themselves...

blackHIPPY
    THESE NIGGAS PLANKTON

If NOBODY knows, then how do you know God is real (or that religion is made up)
    because religion contradicts itself and was used to control a herd/give people false hope when no one knew any better
    and my experience with Acid and DMT make me believe there is a God, just not one we can understand.

blackHIPPY
    THESE NIGGAS PLANKTON

why does the bible not mention dinosaurs?

brainfreeze
    Meaning

why does the bible not mention dinosaurs?
    Dinosaur is a new word...

And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.

Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?

15 “Look now at the 3behemoth, which I made along with you;
    He eats grass like an ox.
    16 See now, his strength is in his hips,
    And his power is in his stomach muscles.
    17 He moves his tail like a cedar;
    The sinews of his thighs are tightly knit.
    18 His bones are like beams of bronze,
    His ribs like bars of iron.
    19 He is the first of the mways of God;
    Only He who made him can bring near His sword.
    20 Surely the mountains nyield food for him,
    And all the beasts of the field play there.
    Read More
    Last edited by brainfreeze; 01-29-15 at 12:38 PM. Reason: Added

muldoon

and my experience with Acid and DMT make me believe there is a God, just not one we can understand.
    What if someone else took the same substances and came to the conclusion that there were infinite gods...or that there were no gods. Which persons experience is more qualified to prove or disprove the existence of god?

Wait until virtual reality takes foot the next 24 months. Tricking our senses will make some people believe anything, to the point of breaking their brains.

Not entirely sure how you took these substances and were able to determine that god exists - but that you couldn't understand it. Do you leave open the possibility that your brain created the experience entirely?

Check out "the god helmet" on youtube. You (having psychedelic experiences) have a pretty open mind, you might find it interesting.

jtoler

So a cursory glance at a chemistry book was enough for you to discount a testable theory.
    Kinda like your cursory glance through the bible was enough for you to discount the testable bible. Asked a while back what country are you from.

muldoon

Kinda like your cursory glance through the bible was enough for you to discount the testable bible. Asked a while back what country are you from.
    Raised Catholic. Studied the bible in university. Fully read it (and studied it) twice. Cover to cover. Left organized religion and eventually left belief in a supernatural being shortly after.

Born in Idaho.

And which facts in the bible are testable?

brainfreeze
    Meaning

because religion contradicts itself and was used to control a herd/give people false hope when no one knew any better
    Drugs distort the mind, your not doing YAHWEH any favors by promoting drug use... I believe others know this though,

1 Peter 5:8 - Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

1 Peter 4:7
    But the end of all things is at hand: be ye therefore sober, and watch unto prayer.

jtoler

Raised Catholic. Studied the bible in university. Fully read it (and studied it) twice. Cover to cover. Left organized religion and eventually left belief in a supernatural being shortly after.

Born in Idaho.

Lotta facts bro I'm on phone so hard to type a lot but He makes himself known through humility.

brainfreeze
    Meaning

Born in Idaho.

Muldoon, why don't you try sincerity ... Sincerely believe Him, pray about it, and you will know the results by inner observation...and will effect your surroundings. Then you will know..

While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

muldoon

Muldoon, why don't you try sincerity ... Sincerely believe Him, pray about it, and you will know the results by inner observation...

While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.
    If you're going to quote Corinthians, at least cite it.

brainfreeze
    Meaning

Lotta facts bro I'm on phone so hard to type a lot but He makes himself known through humility.
    Only if they knew how vile I was, humility, love, faith, prayer, and charity ... goes a longgggg way.
    Points Awarded:

jtoler gave brainfreeze 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

brainfreeze
    Meaning

If you're going to quote Corinthians, at least cite it.
    I apologize, I did not mean it to sound like me talking if that's what your saying, I thought the wording stood out... Again, I apologize muldoon.

Seaweed
    Update your status

People who don't believe in God cannot trust their own thinking or thoughts if they do not believe that their brain was specially designed by a designer, because in that case everything is just randomly put together amd formulated. How can someone who doesn't believe in God trust their own thoughts to be rational when their thoughts can't be trusted?

brainfreeze
    Meaning

It's biting off of the lie, if you believe part of it,you open yourself up to more deception, either one believes Adam was the first man, perfect, made in the image of God, or apes were our ancestors ... Either one believes Gods word or what man tells them... Everything lines up from lineage to historical facts, it's all there... Anyone who wants to say otherwise is kidding themselves...
    No one wants to explain " the gifts " of visionaries.... or how about all the fulfilled prophecies " history " and prophecy to come...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dCtwjFI05PM

muldoon

Quote Originally Posted by Seaweed View Post
    People who don't believe in God cannot trust their own thinking or thoughts if they do not believe that their brain was specially designed by a designer, because in that case everything is just randomly put together amd formulated. How can someone who doesn't believe in God trust their own thoughts to be rational when their thoughts can't be trusted?
    So to you - God made you the lying forum huckster persona that you bring to SBR? A bet welcher who refused to honor his arrangement with another poster? Did you pray for forgiveness? Does wearing your hood affect the speed/time which your prayer reaches your non random God?

If believing in God creates behavior like yours, then you can keep your fantasy and rational people will hope it dies out with you and your ilk.

FYI - it's a big leap from arguing the origin of the universe and consciousness to you supporting a child pedophile protecting crime ring that you currently (claim) to belong to.

muldoon

No one wants to explain " the gifts " of visionaries.... or how about all the fulfilled prophecies " history " and prophecy to come...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dCtwjFI05PM
    Once again, your gullibility is on full display.

2015 and snake oil is still top shelf to some.

First ... 19202122232425 ... Last