easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

what is your thoughts on the current state of the Israel-Gazza situation

been hearing about this on the news the past couple of days with Israel attacking Gazza during the Islamic holy month. As a person who doesn't have an opinion on the issue curious to see what everyone thinks of the situation.

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's absolutely tragic.

While I side with Israel most times, it's pretty apparent the murder of the 3 Jewish teenagers was used an excuse to go into Gaza and lay down a severe punishment and send a message. Seems to be evidence the government already knew the kids were dead and had suspects, but held off on revealing this to get the population riled up to support the latest military action.

One of the most disgusting scenes used to be the site of crowds cheering in the streets after a tragedy against Israel (or the US). The footage of that was played over and over, and it seemed incomprehensible to most that people could be so gleeful about the deaths of others.

Yet the latest images of Israelis enjoying the bombings in Gaza (Srdot Cinema it's being called) makes a person realize that it's really not that different.
    http://www.news.com.au/world/middle-...-1226988013066

When you have one side believing the land is theirs by order of God, and the other side with voices (not all, but loud voices) who refuse to even acknowledge that side has a right to exist - it's going to be a non stop powder keg that keeps blowing up. From the illegal settlements, to Iran smuggling in arms - it's a money maker for the weapons industry and chum in the water for the zealots.

Peace sells, but who's buying? (Megadeath)

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13200

Illini, check in pal

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

I have some friends over there and it sickens me to see what is happening when people are fighting over dirt.

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

There are still people alive today who survived the concentration camps of Hitlers Germany. Hate so strong, that a big portion of the world stood by and almost allowed an entire people to be exterminated (before any of us get on our high horse, maybe read up on the MS St. Louis http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MS_St._Louis)

On the other hand, you have people who have been born into an occupied territory and essentially have lived a semi-jailed experience since birth. Watch a documentary on what life is like for guards who work these checkpoints, or people who have to cross them daily (for work or medical care etc).

Both sides have strong members of their communities who dehumanize the other side (google the hamas kids cartoons).

It's absolute insanity. Oh, and there's a sizable portion of American evangelicals who not only pray this leads to world war 3, but are financially doing everything they can to try and make it happen (since that would expedite the return of Jeebuz)

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13200

The Israelis seem particularly heavy handed in this current flare up.

Dr.Gonzo
    Dr.Gonzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3192

The Jewish way.

Disseminate Cultural Marxist propaganda to demoralize than destroy the West, whilst at the same time you ethnically cleanse the indigenous population in a theocratic apartheid state.

It's embarrassing.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: TheCentaur, and Ghenghis Kahn

Albert Pujols
    Albert Pujols's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 80

Good grief. You guys all got swastikas tattoed on your chests? Wake the penetrate up.

Lookingtostart
    Lookingtostart's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4542

Israel are the antagonists here, they have been nothing short of evil.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ADR51

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Gonzo View Post
    The Jewish way.

Disseminate Cultural Marxist propaganda to demoralize than destroy the West, whilst at the same time you ethnically cleanse the indigenous population in a theocratic apartheid state.

It's embarrassing.
    huh?

I/O

Quote Originally Posted by easyliving View Post
    been hearing about this on the news the past couple of days with Israel attacking Gazza during the Islamic holy month. As a person who doesn't have an opinion on the issue curious to see what everyone thinks of the situation.
    Hamas is on their own. Most of their old "friends" have abandoned them. Like it or not, Israel is playing this hand right. Hamas is the bright bulb about to go out. Not saying Israel will still not have a billion enemies. Just possibly one less.

Albert Pujols
    Albert Pujols's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 80

Quote Originally Posted by Lookingtostart View Post
    Israel are the antagonists here, they have been nothing short of evil.
    The f.uck are you talking about?

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

From Hamas to humus...

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: rufflesmuncher

rufflesmuncher
    rufflesmuncher's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

have you guys forgotten the amount of rockets being thrown into israel every damn day?!?! THE NUMBER IS AT OVER 1500!!!!! What the hell is Israel supposed to do!!?!? The 3 kids had nothing to do with the ground offensive!!!! Its the rockets damn man. Israel accepted the cease fire, hamas did not cease fire. Hamas wants the END of Israel, and Israel wants to protect its people. Don't blame Israel for being stronger, they attempted to stop this war many times. Hamas has even missed Israel and shot down some of the Supply that ISRAEL GIVES TO ITS ENEMY. They even attack Israelis going into Gaza with food. I still don't get how Israel is wrong in any way here. Its nuts that everyone expects 1500 rockets to just go unpunished. Im sorry but if any country launched as much as 1 into the US, it would be the end of that country. Enough is enough, I'm just sad that 18 year old troops had to go in there to risk their lives and will have to kill civilians that are being used as human shields. Just sick, i thought these kind of wars were only in the history books.

Lookingtostart
    Lookingtostart's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4542

Quote Originally Posted by rufflesmuncher View Post
    have you guys forgotten the amount of rockets being thrown into israel every damn day?!?! THE NUMBER IS AT OVER 1500!!!!! What the hell is Israel supposed to do!!?!? The 3 kids had nothing to do with the ground offensive!!!! Its the rockets damn man. Israel accepted the cease fire, hamas did not cease fire. Hamas wants the END of Israel, and Israel wants to protect its people. Don't blame Israel for being stronger, they attempted to stop this war many times. Hamas has even missed Israel and shot down some of the Supply that ISRAEL GIVES TO ITS ENEMY. They even attack Israelis going into Gaza with food. I still don't get how Israel is wrong in any way here. Its nuts that everyone expects 1500 rockets to just go unpunished. Im sorry but if any country launched as much as 1 into the US, it would be the end of that country. Enough is enough, I'm just sad that 18 year old troops had to go in there to risk their lives and will have to kill civilians that are being used as human shields. Just sick, i thought these kind of wars were only in the history books.
    You know this, do you?

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Israel has done nothing wrong. As a matter of fact they have even tried to prevent civilians deaths by dropping leaflets detailing a missile strike was coming and even going as far as hitting their target with a missile with no explosive head so it would warn the people inside to gtfo because the real one is coming next.

When terrorist move into your neighborhood you can either do what's right or you can be a sheep. Guess what being a sheep gets you?

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8464

DwightShrute

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32279

Quote Originally Posted by Lookingtostart View Post
    You know this, do you?
    Do the math

Since Israel withdrew from the Gaza Strip in 2005, terrorists have fired more than 11,000 rockets into Israel. Over 5 million Israelis are currently living under threat of rocket attacks.More than half a million Israelis have less than 60 seconds to find shelter after a rocket is launched from Gaza into Israel. Most rockets launched from Gaza into Israel are capable of reaching Israel’s biggest cities, including Tel Aviv and Jerusalem.Rocket fire from Gaza is a constant threat facing Israel’s civilians. In 2011 alone, 630 rockets from Gaza hit Israeli towns. That’s an even higher number than in 2010, when 231 rockets hit Israel.

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    From Hamas to humus...

good

they Jews say it like it is ..... Peace will come when the Arabs will love their children more than they hate us.

snapperman2
    Keep bothering on
    snapperman2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16306

How many Israelis have actually been killed or injured by these rockets? Not very many. The rockets are low tech, small and very inaccurate. Everybody mentions the thousands of rockets that have been fired, but no one mentions the fact that very few people have been hurt by them. The Israelis kill many more Palestinians than they lose.

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by snapperman2 View Post
    How many Israelis have actually been killed or injured by these rockets? Not very many. The rockets are low tech, small and very inaccurate. Everybody mentions the thousands of rockets that have been fired, but no one mentions the fact that very few people have been hurt by them. The Israelis kill many more Palestinians than they lose.
    so?

stevenash

The rockets are low tech, small and very inaccurate.

Let's Go Rangers
    A moderate voice in the polarized forum
    Let's Go Rangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

So if somebody stood out in the street every week and fired an AK-47 into your occupied house, but thankfully didnt hurt / kill you or your wife or your kids.
    You wouldn't take proactive steps to keep it from happening again?

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Jesus Christ, I hope you are joking. That's one of the dumbest arguments I've ever heard...and this is SBR.
    Points Awarded:

I/O gave El Nino 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

brendon gave El Nino 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

The bottom line is this. Hamas, like other Arab Islamic Militant groups in the area, know only one thing. That is how to kill. They could care less about their own survival, or the survival of anyone else, be they Arab or Jew. The only way to rid the world of these people is to kill all of them because this is the only thing that they understand. Hamas, Isis, Iranians, and other fanatical Islamics must be killed because they do not care about life, so they are perfectly willing to sacrifice their own worthless lives to take others out. Israel knows this. Unlike the arsehole we have in the White House, Israel understand that their very existance depends on them taking Hamas out.

freeVICK
    freeVICK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6495

You don't mess with zohan

bosigga
    No Sleep Gang
    bosigga's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3706

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    The bottom line is this. Hamas, like other Arab Islamic Militant groups in the area, know only one thing. That is how to kill. They could care less about their own survival, or the survival of anyone else, be they Arab or Jew. The only way to rid the world of these people is to kill all of them because this is the only thing that they understand. Hamas, Isis, Iranians, and other fanatical Islamics must be killed because they do not care about life, so they are perfectly willing to sacrifice their own worthless lives to take others out. Israel knows this. Unlike the arsehole we have in the White House, Israel understand that their very existance depends on them taking Hamas out.
    Brilliant idea. Kill every member of Hamas and anybody remotely affiliated with them. Even if it means killing 80% INNOCENT CIVILIANS to do so. What do you think the next group to emerge after Hamas will look like? These will be survivors of this bombardment whose families and friends were massacred just for being brown and in Gaza. This is HUMAN beings we're talking about. Remember how vengeful Americans were after 9/11? Imagine 50 years of occupation, dehumanization, blockades, murder and oppression.

MickeyMan
    MickeyMan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14295

rufflesmuncher
    rufflesmuncher's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

Quote Originally Posted by bosigga View Post
    Brilliant idea. Kill every member of Hamas and anybody remotely affiliated with them. Even if it means killing 80% INNOCENT CIVILIANS to do so. What do you think the next group to emerge after Hamas will look like? These will be survivors of this bombardment whose families and friends were massacred just for being brown and in Gaza. This is HUMAN beings we're talking about. Remember how vengeful Americans were after 9/11? Imagine 50 years of occupation, dehumanization, blockades, murder and oppression.
    I agree with you that taking out anyone affiliated with them is wrong but to eliminate every single Hamas member is MUST. These are terrorists who's very existence relies on killing people, mainly jews. People who want to kill other people do not deserve to be amongst others and if killing them is the only way to avoid losing more Israelis then Israels duty is to do just that. But also, that is why Israel went into Gaza to limit the number of civilian casualties. Are you aware of how powerful the IDF is?? If it wanted to destroy Gaza to bits it could do it with its airstrikes alone. Lets face it, Gaza can't really defend itself but it can attack all sorts. Instead of spending its money on attacking Israel, it would do well with protecting itself.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

fukk the jews. some are ok but most have evil souls. their main mission is to enslave everyone and rule the world. no joke...

I/O

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    fukk the jews. some are ok but most have evil souls. their main mission is to enslave everyone and rule the world. no joke...
    sure
    right after they figure out how to get along with each other

DwightShrute

they want to live in peace.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    they want to live in peace.
    no they don't. jews control the media and the banking system. we're already slaves...

stevenash

What do you base thsi opinion on?
    My God.

Don't get me wrong, I'm Roman Catholic, believe me, my religion, the church, we got our own problems, but one of them is not with the Jews.

1234 ... Last