shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Malaysia Airlines flight with 295 people on board shot down in Ukraine

Malaysia Airlines @MAS · 5m

Malaysia Airlines has lost contact of MH17 from Amsterdam. The last known position was over Ukrainian airspace. More details to follow.

A Malaysia Airlines plane has crashed in Ukraine with 295 people on board.
    Reports this afternoon say the passenger jet was travelling from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur, and is thought to have crashed near to the Russian border.
    The Russian Aviation Industry said the plane did not enter Russian airspace when expected, but crashed in Eastern Ukraine.
    It comes just over four months after the airline's Flight MH370 disappeared without trace as it flew from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing.
    The Ukrainian Interior Ministry says the plane was brought down by a ground-to-air missile.
    280 passengers were on board, with 15 crew. All are believed to have died.

Reuters Top News @Reuters Follow #BREAKING: Malaysian plane was brought down by a ground-to-air missile: Interior Ministry adviser, quoted by Interfax
    1:34 AM - 18 Jul 2014

The Interfax report said the plane came down 50km (20 miles) short of entering Russian airspace.
    An unnamed source said it "began to drop, afterwards it was found burning on the ground on Ukrainian territory."
    The plane appeared to have come down in a region of military action where Ukrainian government forces are battling pro-Russian separatists.
    A separate unnamed source in the Ukrainian security apparatus, quoted by Interfax, said the plane disappeared from radar at a height of 10,000 metres after which it came down near the town of Shakhtyorsk.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...source=twitter

Fukk this airline. I've flown it several times before but never again. That's some bad juju happening there.

physed
    physed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 391

Malaysia plane might of been shot down

Reported as maybe by a ground to air missle.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9149

Cue the blame game. Russians did it, Ukraine govt forces did it, Rebel fighters did it.

shari91

Reuters World @ReutersWorld#BREAKING: Ukrainian Interior Ministry adviser said the Buk missile was fired by separatists: Interfax

shari91

It is believed the plane was struck by Buk surface-to-air missile at 33,000ft around 20 miles before entering Russian airspace.

The shoulder-launched Russian-made BUK surface-to-air missile can be packed into a golf bag and assembled and fired very rapidly by one person with minimal training.
    Defence experts have expressed fears in the past they could be used to target at civil aircraft.

A similar launcher was seen by Associated Press journalists near the eastern Ukrainian town of Snizhne earlier today.

Malaysian Airlines said they have no information about any survivors.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...an-border.html

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Crazy "it wasn't me"-everyone

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

295 people crazy

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

You can't even feel safe flying anymore. People getting happy with the trigger fingers now. Unreal. Should I even attend The Bash now?

sbrhedge
    sbrhedge's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

getting more short.

bruins35
    bruins35's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sad story

shari91

ioffeinmoscow @juliaioffeAn hour before #MH17 went down, separatists were bragging about downing a Ukrainian military plane.via @tikhondzyadko itar-tass.com/mezhdunarodnay…

BREAKING: Reuters correspondent on the scene in Eastern Ukraine sees burning wreckage of air plane, bodies on ground

Pro-Russian separatists have denied responsibility.

"We do not have any idea what this is about and who shot down the plane. We're heading there now to investigate everything independently," Tatyana Dvoryadkina, co-chair of the DPR told gazeta.ru.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Surface to air missiles are lethal.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Clearly... someone was on that plane they wanted dead. Or... it flew over unauthorized air space zone. You pick.

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1551

There going to end up finding some connection with that plane that went missing a few months back. Another Malaysian Airline plane??

Someone must be shorting the stock. Probably the Russians.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Un-fukking-believable.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Clearly... someone was on that plane they wanted dead. Or... it flew over unauthorized air space zone. You pick.
    This is the clue here. If the plane flew into an area not controlled by the Ukraine government but got clearance to fly over that area by the Ukrainian traffic controllers then it's safety can't be guaranteed.

shari91

The way both the Ukrainian Govt and Malaysia Airlines worded it they first knew something was wrong was because it didn't enter Russia airspace when expected so I assume they had clearance.

shari91

Reuters Top News ‏@Reuters 43s #BREAKING: Eastern Ukraine separatist leader Alexander Borodai says airliner shot down by Ukrainian gov. forces, Kiev denied involvement

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

So at first these people were celebrating because they thought they shot down one plane, and then when it turned out it wasn't that plane they thought, they are denying they did it?

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    The way both the Ukrainian Govt and Malaysia Airlines worded it they first knew something was wrong was because it didn't enter Russia airspace when expected so I assume they had clearance.
    But if the Ukraine military didn't control the area it flew over on the ground when it gave it's clearance then anything can happen.

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    So at first these people were celebrating because they thought they shot down one plane, and then when it turned out it wasn't that plane they thought, they are denying they did it?

sounds that way , seriously fukked up

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Fukk if I ever get on a Malysian plane

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Act of terrorism. Plain and simple. Assuming "Rebels" did it (maybe accidentally) with Russian provided weapons.

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    You can't even feel safe flying anymore. People getting happy with the trigger fingers now. Unreal. Should I even attend The Bash now?
    yes you should attend

shari91

NBC -

'It's unlikely that Ukraine Separatists would have this type of missile equipment IN Ukraine'

'Unconfirmed report that an incident took place on the plane before it went down'

shari91

A Malaysian airliner was shot down over eastern Ukraine by pro-Russian militants on Thursday, killing all 295 people aboard, a Ukrainian interior ministry official said.
    Raising the stakes in the East-West showdown between Kiev and Moscow, the official blamed "terrorists" using a ground-to-air missile and Ukraine's prime minister called the downing of the flight from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur a "catastrophe".
    A Reuters correspondent saw burning wreckage and bodies on the ground at the village of Grabovo, about 40 km (25 miles) from the Russian border in an area where pro-Russian rebels have been active and have claimed to have shot down other aircraft.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...source=twitter

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1551

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    NBC -

'It's unlikely that Ukraine Separatists would have this type of missile equipment IN Ukraine'

'Unconfirmed report that an incident took place on the plane before it went down'
    I'm sticking with my theory.

OptimistPrime
    OptimistPrime's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sounds like it was the separatists movement. This is what US and other euro countries feared. That Russia would smuggle these types of weapons over into Ukraine.

shari91

Jack Stubbs @jc_stubbsGerman airline Lufthansa says it has decided to avoid Ukrainian airspace, with immediate effect - @Reuters

Nader Cyrus Itayim @ncitayim BREAKING: Other flights in area of #Malaysia'n #MH17 flight shot down seem to be changing course, via @airlivenet http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BswkQB7CMAAiLT0.png

shari91

Jack Stubbs @jc_stubbsGerman airline Lufthansa says it has decided to avoid Ukrainian airspace, with immediate effect - @Reuters

Nader Cyrus Itayim @ncitayimBREAKING: Other flights in area of #Malaysia'n #MH17 flight shot down seem to be changing course, via @airlivenet http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BswkQB7CMAAiLT0.png

Planes now visibly redirecting around Donetsk region where Malaysia Airlines #MH17 went down. Red added for emphasis

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8393

everyone confirmed dead

RIP

shari91

AshleyRParker @AshleyRParkerIF the Malaysian plane was shot down, says @SenJohnMcCain, "This is obviously a game changer and has horrific consequences."

Boner_18
    Update your status
    Boner_18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1031

Jesus. The US has an obligation to investigate, determine who is responsible, bring them to justice. American Exceptionalism.

shari91

@SenJohnMcCain if Russia shot down #MH17 in #Ukraine there will be "hell to pay"

"I was working in the field on my tractor when I heard the sound of a plane and then a bang and shots. Then I saw the plane hit the ground and break in two. There was thick black smoke," said a witness, who gave his name only as Vladimir.
    A separatist rebel from nearby Krasnyi Luch who gave his name only as Sergei said: "From my balcony I saw a plane begin to descend from a great height and then heard two explosions.
    He denied the rebels had shot the plane down.
    "This could happen only if it was a fighter jet or a surface-to-air missile (that shot it down)," he told Reuters, saying the rebels did not have weapons capable of shooting shoot down a plane at such a height.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...0FM22X20140717

Monitor-Tan
    Tony Romo of Daily Fantasy
    Monitor-Tan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 428

let me guess some penetrating moron decided to take a break and wanted to rest his legs and his ass pressed the launch button on mistake..

1234 ... Last