TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Fuk this sterling shit can we focus on what's really important here?

We've all been in a relationship with a black widow of a female... correct? A bitch that twists your emotions... makes you do things you typically would never do... makes you say things you'd typically would never say. That's exactly what happened to Donald Sterling.

So this bitch records him... and provokes him. Everything recorded in private... but it becomes public material?

You happen to be an owner of a team in which has multi races... and ethnic backgrounds... and with "said material" it now becomes PUBLIC and the commissioner forces you to sell your team.

Ladies and gentlemen... the commissioner can't force you to do this for numerous valid reasons.

Not only did Adam Silver take this ban personally... it seems like he's trying to make a name for himself.

What really is the big deal about this? Because Donald Sterling verbally said something about a black person? That he made a gesture that "he owns you". Um.... where did he lie? In that statement... that was a racist remark? Are we all that damn sensitive now?

Hey Chris Paul... I hate to tell you man... but I do pay you millions of dollars. You did sign the contract... I technically own you. You don't like it? Then leave. Wait... that's being a racist? No, it's not being a racist. You work for him... in a way he does own you.

The sensitivity in our society is remarkable. You're a pro athlete... you make millions of dollars... but when someone makes private comments... that were provoked... we all have to form unions and take stands etc to backlash these said comments. Unreal.

Hey posters at SBR... do you work for someone that is a different race? Do you like what they do to you 24/7? No... I'm sure most of us don't like our bosses. But in a way... you are owned. That's why you work. You work for the money to provide for yourself and your family. Let me guess... you don't like the way I'm wording this? But am I wrong? We're all owned in one way or another. I'm sure you've been in many situations in which you despised your boss. Why do you work for him for? You don't have to. Find another job.

My point is very simple... the NBA commissioner made the hugest mistake ever. Donald Sterling can sue for many reasons because of these private comments that were made public. Donald Sterling isn't a dirty man. We've all said things that we never wanted the public to hear. That's why freedom of speech protects us. You mean to tell me that an owner never wanted a GAY to play for his team? I bet anyone a million dollars that someone has said this before... an owner... but it just never made it to the public ears. An owner... is an owner. They have leverage... it's a part of life. You don't like it... don't work for me. Don't show up for work.

It's remarkable how ignorant, sensitive, and unionized our society becomes when "race" is an issue. It's really not about race. It's about personality. It just so happens that the girl Sterling was banging... was probably banging blacks and other races... ok... big deal... so he ran his mouth. We've all said things on an emotional high. That's why freedom of speech protects us. Did Donald Sterling say... Hey.. I'm going to kill that ni##$r? No he didn't. Did he ever say... he was going to harm anyone physically? No he didn't. Donald Sterling's legal team will hammer the NBA. They will hammer his ex-girlfriend.

I'm sick of everyone using the race card. It's not a "race" situation. If you're black you're black. If you're white... you're white. It is what it is. Donald Sterling was pissed off at his bitch of a girlfriend. We've all said things like that. Everyone needs to stop being so damn sensitive. If you're a pro athlete... and you make 20+ million a year stop being a damn baby because you're black and you believe Donald Sterling hurt your feelings. Why the hell did you sign the contract for if you knew he was like that... because of the rumors you heard? You did it because of the money! You aren't stupid. Making millions of dollars and crying because of a racist remark. Grow the fuk up all of you pro athletes. Stop wetting the bed.

All of you people who work for a boss you don't like. Don't pull the race card. Quit. Yes, you are owned. We are all owned. You don't like it... then become an owner. Become a boss. Don't be an f'ing cry baby.

Can't wait until Sterling counters all of this... and shoves it right up the NBA's a$$.
    Points Awarded:

frogsrangers gave TheMoneyShot 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 7 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: jjgold, thetrinity, mikeya2k, bostonboss, BennyBigNuts, frogsrangers, and easyliving

Lisa
    Lisa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

It's interesting enough. I can't help feeling that the punishment outweighs the crime massively, although anyone in the mainstream media saying this will be seen to be a racist sympathiser.

At the same time, it wouldn't be a good sign for nothing to be done. But Sterling would have suffered enough without the financial penalties. His credibility for anything must be in tatters.
    Last edited by Lisa; 04-29-14 at 04:54 PM. Reason: Typo

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

well put sir. doc rivers even said he knew what he was like when he signed to coach now hes turned his back.

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lisa

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    We've all been in a relationship with a black widow of a female... correct? A bitch that twists your emotions... makes you do things you typically would never do... makes you say things you'd typically would never say. That's exactly what happened to Donald Sterling.

So this bitch records him... and provokes him. Everything recorded in private... but it becomes public material?
    You missed something sir, the most important thing
    Why did she do it? Why did she record him?

Magic Johnson wants to buy the Clippers and he was fuking that whore, maybe that has something to do with it

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Husdy
    Husdy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 132

why does she keep saying sorry just to later on leak the recording? imo he was being protective and it led to all those comments.

mikeya2k
    penetrate
    mikeya2k's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2313

You took the words right out of my mouth

Thank you sir.

Guinser
    Guinser's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

You do have a few valid points, however you are incorrect in saying Sterling isn't a dirty man.

bostonboss
    bostonboss's Avatar Become A Pro!

if sterling is racist why is he banging a broad that is half black/half Mexican?

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

It wasn't just that she was fuking some black dude(s) which is bad enough

Very likely she was fuking or at least making it look like she was fuking the HIV+ face of a rival franchise
    Last edited by TheCentaur; 04-29-14 at 05:44 PM.

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Sterling is old as shit and out of his mind.
    Wouldn't be surprised if the monkey that recorded him gets taken out sometime in the next year. Magic also a possibility.

No way he's going to let that pig start sucking that HIV cokk and let Magic get away with what he did.

Scorpion
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by bostonboss View Post
    if sterling is racist why is he banging a broad that is half black/half Mexican?
    Why did he hire a black coach and made him one of the highest paid coaches in sports?

Scorpion
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    Why did he hire a black coach and made him one of the highest paid coaches in sports?
    Why did he hire Elgin Baylor? He was the clippers GM for 20+ yrs

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

he thinks of v the ho and rivers and cp3 and all of the players as possessions, lets not dispute hes racist.

dispute the fact that this convo was illegally recorded and that the nba has no legal ground to make him sell his team.

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Why did he hire Elgin Baylor? He was the clippers GM for 20+ yrs

All this guy is guilty of is being a 90 year old white guy.
    The whore was sukkin black cokkk all over the place, but they were rivals of his team.
    Magic Johnson jerks off to the Lakers, owns part of the Dodgers, where she was fukkin Matt KEmp as well.

All this guy was doing was gtelling this pig not to get involved with those guys.

hoot29576
    hoot29576's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3592

When you listen to it all, it's clear that he doesn't want her hanging out with magic. Who in here would be ok with your gf or female friend hanging out with an HIV positive man?
    I don't think you can call him a racist. He is building a "black" franchise, he's screwing a black chick. I don't think a die hard racist would be doing those things.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

why'd he get a NAACP award and was going to get another one?

STAX
    STAX's Avatar Become A Pro!

penetrate Magic, he's behind the whole thing anyway bc he wants to buy the Clips. Shouldnt he be dead from AIDS already? That is if he really is HIV+... starting to doubt that he even has it

capitalist pig
    capitalist pig's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

I dont give a crap about anything here other than our 1st Amendment rights being attacked, and dont doubt for one second that has happened here by the NBA,JMO.

later

TwoWays

blacks put the race card back in their sleeve. will use it again real soon for some purpose other than racial equality.

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

NOW NBA players are saying they would have boycotted?

They waited until Sterling was reprimanded to say they would have boycotted games if he wasn't? Didn't Sterling make these comments days ago? Didn't all of these players continue to play games after the fact? League is looking like a complete fukking joke right here.

STAX

I listened to the entire tape of Sterling and kept waiting for what all the hubbub was about.... it never got there for me, and everyone I've talked to doesn't see why this is such a big deal. Every message board I'm a member of has the same views as this one. I read a lot of the facebook comments at the bottom of the yahoo articles and most people dont see this as a huge deal. Only people making a deal out of it are the NBA blacks. Magic is behind it all too. Shouldnt he be dead from AIDS by now? 23 years is a long time to be HIV+ with no physical signs of having it

TwoWays

i know right, hipster. all those guys are bullshit and are putting money ahead of morals.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

i hope every poster starts a new thread about the same dumb shit. Why did this OP think he wouldn't have been heard in one of the other 20 threads about this?

Scorpion
    Update your status

Donald Trump:

"She's called the 'girlfriend from hell.’ She was baiting him and she's a terrible human being. The way she led him along, I mean — he should know if he were there, if he was with it, he would know after one or two of those questions that she was asking that there’s something going on here."

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
    It's interesting enough. I can't help feeling that the punishment outweighs the crime massively, although anyone in the mainstream media saying this will be seen to be a racist sympathiser.

At the same time, it wouldn't be a good sign for nothing to be done. But Sterling would have suffered enough without the financial penalties. His credibility for anything must be in tatters.
    Lisa

STAX

this look like someone who has been HIV+ for 23 years?

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8987

Quote Originally Posted by capitalist pig View Post
    I dont give a crap about anything here other than our 1st Amendment rights being attacked, and dont doubt for one second that has happened here by the NBA,JMO.

later
    Posters on here really need to read up on the 1st Amendment and what it actually protects you from.

Everybody seems to think freedom of speech means say whatever the penetrate you want and nobody can do anything about it.
    Points Awarded:

InTheDrink gave bigtymer56 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Magic needs to get control of the clippers that would be well nice look what his group did for the Dodgers

bostonboss
    bostonboss's Avatar Become A Pro!

hes the only guy that gains weight with HIV

TwoWays

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    Magic needs to get control of the clippers that would be well nice look what his group did for the Dodgers
    lol, he's not doing all this pr work for nothing.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21629

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post

You happen to be an owner of a team in which has multi races... and ethnic backgrounds... and with "said material" it now becomes PUBLIC and the commissioner forces you to sell your team.

Ladies and gentlemen... the commissioner can't force you to do this for numerous valid reasons.

Not only did Adam Silver take this ban personally... it seems like he's trying to make a name for himself.

What really is the big deal about this? Because Donald Sterling verbally said something about a black person? That he made a gesture that "he owns you". Um.... where did he lie? In that statement... that was a racist remark? Are we all that damn sensitive now?

Hey Chris Paul... I hate to tell you man... but I do pay you millions of dollars. You did sign the contract... I technically own you. You don't like it? Then leave. Wait... that's being a racist? No, it's not being a racist. You work for him... in a way he does own you.

The sensitivity in our society is remarkable. You're a pro athlete... you make millions of dollars... but when someone makes private comments... that were provoked... we all have to form unions and take stands etc to backlash these said comments. Unreal.

Hey posters at SBR... do you work for someone that is a different race? Do you like what they do to you 24/7? No... I'm sure most of us don't like our bosses. But in a way... you are owned. That's why you work. You work for the money to provide for yourself and your family. Let me guess... you don't like the way I'm wording this? But am I wrong? We're all owned in one way or another. I'm sure you've been in many situations in which you despised your boss. Why do you work for him for? You don't have to. Find another job.

My point is very simple... the NBA commissioner made the hugest mistake ever. Donald Sterling can sue for many reasons because of these private comments that were made public. Donald Sterling isn't a dirty man. We've all said things that we never wanted the public to hear. That's why freedom of speech protects us. You mean to tell me that an owner never wanted a GAY to play for his team? I bet anyone a million dollars that someone has said this before... an owner... but it just never made it to the public ears. An owner... is an owner. They have leverage... it's a part of life. You don't like it... don't work for me. Don't show up for work.

It's remarkable how ignorant, sensitive, and unionized our society becomes when "race" is an issue. It's really not about race. It's about personality. It just so happens that the girl Sterling was banging... was probably banging blacks and other races... ok... big deal... so he ran his mouth. We've all said things on an emotional high. That's why freedom of speech protects us. Did Donald Sterling say... Hey.. I'm going to kill that ni##$r? No he didn't. Did he ever say... he was going to harm anyone physically? No he didn't. Donald Sterling's legal team will hammer the NBA. They will hammer his ex-girlfriend.

I'm sick of everyone using the race card. It's not a "race" situation. If you're black you're black. If you're white... you're white. It is what it is. Donald Sterling was pissed off at his bitch of a girlfriend. We've all said things like that. Everyone needs to stop being so damn sensitive. If you're a pro athlete... and you make 20+ million a year stop being a damn baby because you're black and you believe Donald Sterling hurt your feelings. Why the hell did you sign the contract for if you knew he was like that... because of the rumors you heard? You did it because of the money! You aren't stupid. Making millions of dollars and crying because of a racist remark. Grow the fuk up all of you pro athletes. Stop wetting the bed.

All of you people who work for a boss you don't like. Don't pull the race card. Quit. Yes, you are owned. We are all owned. You don't like it... then become an owner. Become a boss. Don't be an f'ing cry baby.

Can't wait until Sterling counters all of this... and shoves it right up the NBA's a$$.
    You're 100% wrong.

Set aside the moral or race issues and that sort of thing.

You're wrong from a league-wide, financial and leverage perspective. Sterling has no leverage and Silver/NBA has it all. Could Sterling sue and drag it through the courts? Maybe. But he loses even by winning through that route. Silver knows it. The NBA knows it. And Sterling either knows it or will know it.

Sterling can't win by fighting the inevitable here, like it or not. He just can't.

And whether you like it or not, Silver had to do this if for no other reason than to keep the peace and keep the league together. Again, maybe you hate it, but it's reality. He may have done what he did because he truly believes it. But even if he didn't, he did what he had to do from a league perspective.

AND, he knows he has the upper hand. Sterling can't stay owner. All the sponsors have withdrawn and nobody will play for him after this season. Even if the owners went the other way, which they won't, Sterling will still have nothing. And everyone knows it at this point.

What WILL happen, eventually, is financial concessions will be made to Sterling to get to a settlement. He will cash out and get his fair value (maybe even more than he otherwise would have). And it will all happen before next season. Sterling might even contest or file suit in the immediate future, but it will only be to gain financial leverage in a settlement.

The script is already written, like it or not, and Silver had no option to deviate from that script, unless he wanted to do irreparable damage to the NBA.
    Points Awarded:

zizoudane10 gave d2bets 3 Betpoint(s) for this post.

InTheDrink gave d2bets 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: LT Profits

Scorpion
    Update your status

Can’t trust them black folks

Beware!

1234 Last