EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Anyone Else Fascinated by this Missing Plane?

No debris found. No distress signal. Big ass plane just gone now for three days. Surely has crashed into the water somewhere, but no one seems to know where or if it's in a million pieces or a big piece or what.

Not sure why this fascinates me, but I've been reading about it a lot the last 48 hours.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/09/world/...html?hpt=hp_t1

MiDNiTe
    MiDNiTe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5520

its happened before many times like the french plane few years back, you've been watching too much lost episodes

EaglesPhan36

Never watched a single episode of Lost.

The Air France crash though they found some bodies and debris days after it disappeared. This one so far, I mean not even a trace yet of something besides some possible oil slicks. Could be they are looking in the wrong place because now they think the plane might have turned around or something.

Guess it's morbid curiosity.

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11078

yes i feel the same way, it's because it's extremely extremely rare for a plane, even in a crash that involves the ocean or another large body of water, to just disappear like this. there is so much inside a plane that floats, like the seats, certain items of luggage, that it is baffling that nothing substantial has been found yet. we heard stories about a door from the plane being found but it's not confirmed yet so i doubt it's true. what i think we do know is that the plane most likely crashed into the water because it's extremely rare for a plane to crash on land and not be known where.

the fact the plane began to turn around leads me to believe there might have been a mechanical failure that concerned the pilots so much they had to turn around but there was no distress signal so it is a total mystery.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by MiDNiTe View Post
    its happened before many times like the french plane few years back, you've been watching too much lost episodes
    not true. i have been following airplane accidents for close to 25 years and this is a rarity. the within 36 hours after the air france crash off the coast of south america, a portion of the tail with the Air France livery, was found floating.

this crash is north of 48 hours, more like 55 hours since, and no debris found floating yet

homie1975

actually you're right it took a few days at least to spot the Air france tail, so that accident was very similar, but these are rarities for a plane crash and debris to go unnoticed for this long

EaglesPhan36

Well I guess the prevailing theory is that it disintegrated in the air .. but again you'd figure to find something even if that was the case.

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Two people were aboard who got on with stolen passports. The plane goes down or disappears without any reporting of "Mechanical troubles" to air tower control. The plane abruptly and for no apparent reason "turned around". The plane left a predominantly Muslim country.

You don't have to be a genius to figure out what happened.

EaglesPhan36

From what I've read though, the passport thing happens a lot in the Far East ... a lot in general. Something like 40 million cases of stolen travel documents in the last decade. So it could be purely coincidental that two people with stolen passports were on the flight. Or it could be something. As noted though, quite odd if it was terrorism that no one has claimed responsibility. That's why nut fukks do that shit ... notoriety.
    Points Awarded:

stikymess gave EaglesPhan36 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

stikymess
    stikymess's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 63

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    From what I've read though, the passport thing happens a lot in the Far East ... a lot in general. Something like 40 million cases of stolen travel documents in the last decade. So it could be purely coincidental that two people with stolen passports were on the flight. Or it could be something. As noted though, quite odd if it was terrorism that no one has claimed responsibility. That's why nut fukks do that shit ... notoriety.

Same thought, as well as that has to be a miserable way to go.

EaglesPhan36

The thing on the passports too that makes me think not terrorism is that they say the two people who purchased tickets with those passports, also purchased tickets for a connecting flight from Beijing to Europe ... I mean again I'm no expert, but I don't think terrorists are looking to cover their tracks like that - they want to be known for what they did.

Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

Updates?

ParlayininHTown
    Countdown to death: 1 day
    ParlayininHTown's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    From what I've read though, the passport thing happens a lot in the Far East
    Exactly. Probably a simple coincidence.

But the whole mystery behind the plane just disappearing like this is amazing. I highly doubt it was just mechanical issues. You'd think someone would've said something or at least reported the issues at some point.

Could it be a different version of the Bermuda Triangle?

Don't think so.

Whatever it is, I'm intrigued to find out ...

sickler
    Facade 101
    sickler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2983

It fascinates you because it's an unexplained disappearance.

Look at the Bermuda Triangle, it's almost as popular a subject as extraterrestrials and bigfoot sightings

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Now they're investigating the 5 people who checked in for the flight but never boarded the plane.

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Makes more sense to me that it did not disintegrate midair. Otherwise you would have a lot of floating debris such as luggage. I would go with the theory of a violent and sudden change to the aircraft that sent it plunging into the sea.

Possibilities; bomb, a missile attack, pilot suicide, on-board terrorist forcing the plane straight down or a wing broke off.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Not overly interested, but todays news cycle would be all over the crash scene, if there were a crash scene to report. Something of an evil plot is the only answer to me. Disabled communication from within the plane, hostile takeover, terrorist, bombs, and maybe a lack of rescue technology.

turtlejc
    turtlejc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Maybe they flew into an aurora borealis

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15155

I can't take anyone seriously who hasn't seen LOST!

z-doggie
    yo dog ,,i am the ish...
    z-doggie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1981

What about the oil slick....spotted by another plane

Maybe the whole thing sunk in one piece....

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Godzilla!

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Who knows maybe plane hijacked and taking to some area nobody knows about, they could still be living. I have no idea if plane parts would float in the water either or just go to the bottom, any mountains around??

pico
    USC ml
    pico's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1634

alien abduction

pico
    USC ml
    pico's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1634

the invasion has begun. we need jeff goldblum to create the computer virus soon. will smith is still alive, so there is still hope

floridagolfer
    floridagolfer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12339

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    Makes more sense to me that it did not disintegrate midair. Otherwise you would have a lot of floating debris such as luggage. I would go with the theory of a violent and sudden change to the aircraft that sent it plunging into the sea.

Possibilities; bomb, a missile attack, pilot suicide, on-board terrorist forcing the plane straight down or a wing broke off.
    I've discounted pilot suicide because, apparently, the last known contact from the plane was at cruising altitude. If the pilot purposely flew the plane into the sea, air traffic controllers would have the ability to know the plane was at 30,000 feet, then 25,000, then 20,000, etc.. If I'm to believe what I've read, the plane was at cruising altitude and then, suddenly, not.

jjgold

I thought they found parts in the ocean yesterday it saw parts ?

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sad sad story

Public will never know the true story

jjgold

Sammy looks like plane malfunction that happened real quick

Mitchell88
    Mitchell88's Avatar Become A Pro!

they are also reporting that fake passports that might have had something to do with terrorism actually had something to do with drug smuggling unrelated

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

Sammy looks like plane malfunction that happened real quick

Did a quick read about it this morning... Saying the plane just disintegrated in the air...

Unwritten Law
    Unwritten Law's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -1617

Quote Originally Posted by z-doggie View Post
    What about the oil slick....spotted by another plane

Maybe the whole thing sunk in one piece....

That crossed my mind too....maybe it descended low enough to briefly float and sink into the ocean to leave minimal to no trace of debris. it might still be in one piece but unfortunately deep in the ocean. Not sure if it's possible but stranger things have occurred.

floridagolfer
    floridagolfer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12339

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    Did a quick read about it this morning... Saying the plane just disintegrated in the air...
    If it's possible for an airplane to simply "disintegrate" in mid-air, we're going to have a lot of empty airports.

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Surely theres a black box with GPS somewhere on the aircraft??

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

maybe they actually flew to the lost world of atlantis

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Quote Originally Posted by floridagolfer View Post
    If it's possible for an airplane to simply "disintegrate" in mid-air, we're going to have a lot of empty airports.
    The only way that's possible is a fuel explosion which is extremely unlikely. Jet fuel does not explode. Keep in mind this happened so fast there was no word from any of the three pilots.

If it was truly a malfunction it would be either the frame simply slit in half or a wing broke off. Either would cause an immediate plummet and the pilot would not be able to radio due to the extreme G forces and spinning. Both of those are extremely unlikely.

A quick attack on the cockpit where the cockpit crew was overwhelemed could be the cause and probably chalk at this stage. An explosion or even an accidental missile firing from some Navy could be the culprit.

1234 ... Last