DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8430

anyone that eats food needs to watch this.

very disturbing videos about GMO's and Monsanto.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FS72J9bDvPM
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Sanity Check

DwightShrute

Let's Go Rangers
    A moderate voice in the polarized forum
    Let's Go Rangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

how is everybody just being awakened about genetically modified foods and Monsanto?

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by Let's Go Rangers View Post
    how is everybody just being awakened about genetically modified foods and Monsanto?
    better late than never.

Watch the videos and try not to puke. Even their own scientists won't drink milk. One actually bought his own cow. You even wonder why so many suddenly cant eat gluten?

LGR, if you watch only one video I post ever, make it this one. You won't forget it.
    Last edited by DwightShrute; 04-04-13 at 12:31 PM.

Let's Go Rangers
    A moderate voice in the polarized forum
    Let's Go Rangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

control the food and the pharmaceuticals you can control the population.

there are many foods I will not eat and I also refuse to take. " precautionary flu shots ".

if our government or any other government wanted to quickly cause a plague handing out free flu shots full of viruses would quickly do the job

irish1
    Update your status
    irish1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5081

Nelson rockefeller said "control the money and you will control everything"

irish1
    Update your status

Our rotten politicians will burn in hell for sufferage they are causing in the name of greed and stupidity. Babies are being born with defects because of these rotten mother fuckkerrs. I hope their children die because of the same shitt. I really wish a slow suffering death on all of them. None of em are worth shitt.

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by irish1 View Post
    Our rotten politicians will burn in hell for sufferage they are causing in the name of greed and stupidity. Babies are being born with defects because of these rotten mother fuckkerrs. I hope their children die because of the same shitt. I really wish a slow suffering death on all of them. None of em are worth shitt.
    no kidding.

This should be headline news.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is just another classic case of Cognitive Dissonance,Avoidance, Denial, & Rationalization,DS.........

To tell you the truth,DS,I wish I did not know what i know..........

There is nothing we can do about it as individuals because 90+% of America and the world, is sleep walking through life using Cognitive Dissonance,Avoidance, Denial, & Rationalization at all costs.......

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    This is just another classic case of Cognitive Dissonance,Avoidance, Denial, & Rationalization,DS.........

To tell you the truth,DS,I wish I did not know what i know..........

There is nothing we can do about it as individuals because 90+% of America and the world, is sleep walking through life using Cognitive Dissonance,Avoidance, Denial, & Rationalization at all costs.......
    I hear ya.

I Europe they are trying to stop GMO foods. Lets hope it catches on. This is genocide .

Turd Ferguson
    Turd Ferguson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20463

Just when you thought the world couldn't get any crazier, Dwight posts Thom Hartmann videos...

PAULYPOKER

Quote Originally Posted by Turd Ferguson View Post
    Just when you thought the world couldn't get any crazier, Dwight posts Thom Hartmann videos...
    So you believe that Monsanto's best interests are the peoples health over profit?

If so I will correct your post to read:

Just when you thought the world couldn't get any more ignorant and naive.........

Your welcome Turd...........

DwightShrute

Just when you thought the world couldn't get any crazier, Dwight posts Thom Hartman videos...
    I never heard of Hartmann before but again you choose to believe Obama and politicians in general over anyone. How has that worked out for you?

I didn't see or hear anything in those videos that could be considered crazy. The guy is pointing out what the government is letting Monsanto do to your health.

Obama signed the bill into law just as Bush did with the 2006 SAFE Ports Act when he snuck in the anti-gaming bill. Look at the shit that caused us for the last 6 years and that's just for gambling.
    Last edited by DwightShrute; 04-05-13 at 03:00 PM.

Turd Ferguson

So you believe that Monsanto's best interests are the peoples health over profit?
    If that's how you interpreted what I said there, then you don't have enough sense to pour piss out of a boot good buddy.

PAULYPOKER

If that's how you interpreted what I said there, then you don't have enough sense to pour piss out of a boot good buddy.
    Oh yeah,

exactly what did you mean with the connection between thom hartman and crazy in the same sentence?

Turd Ferguson

Oh yeah,

exactly what did you mean with the connection between thom hartman and crazy?
    In case you haven't noticed, I'm a big Hartmann fan. I've posted scads of his clips on this very forum over the years and Dwight has responded numerous times to them by calling him all kinds of foul names, saying what an idiot he is, and posting a John 'Bitch Slap' Stossel clip as rebuttal.

Hence the irony of Dwight posting a Hartmann clip

PAULYPOKER

In case you haven't noticed, I'm a big Hartmann fan. I've posted scads of his clips on this very forum over the years and Dwight has responded numerous times to them by calling him all kinds of foul names, saying what an idiot he is, and posting a John 'Bitch Slap' Stossel clip as rebuttal.

Ok I see........

I did not realize it was an inside joke between you and DS........

Turd Ferguson

What would be even more ironic would be if I posted clips of Stossel shilling for agribusiness as a rebuttal to Dwight posting a Hartmann clip.

DwightShrute

Once .... to how he was incorrect he was about saying you can tax your way out of the debt. Never called him crazy as I recall but simply disagreed and posted an example of how is actually does work in the Stossel video.
    Last edited by DwightShrute; 04-05-13 at 02:45 PM.

irish1
    Update your status

When I develope abnormal growths all over I will go on a massive ******* spree. I will start at monsanto corporation, and more than likely finish up there, sending them all to where deserve to go.

PAULYPOKER

andywend
    andywend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

What would be even more ironic would be if I posted clips of Stossel shilling for agribusiness as a rebuttal to Dwight posting a Hartmann clip.
    This is the difference between conservatives like Dwight and liberals like you Turd. When someone on the left makes valid arguments, those on the right very often will agree. However, the reverse is NOT true with liberals as they rarely if ever agree with anything that a conservative might say solely because of the (R) following the individuals's name. When Bush was spending bucketloads of money and raising our country's debt more than any president before him, tea party conservatives joined liberals in their criticisms of President Bush. Now Obama is spending at a rate of 3X Bush and the tea party conservatives are screaming louder than ever. HOWEVER, all of those liberals that were blasting Bush are completely silent about Obama's massive overspending.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: DwightShrute

Turd Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by andywend View Post
    This is the difference between conservatives like Dwight and liberals like you Turd. When someone on the left makes valid arguments, those on the right very often will agree. However, the reverse is NOT true with liberals as they rarely if ever agree with anything that a conservative might say solely because of the (R) following the individuals's name. When Bush was spending bucketloads of money and raising our country's debt more than any president before him, tea party conservatives joined liberals in their criticisms of President Bush. Now Obama is spending at a rate of 3X Bush and the tea party conservatives are screaming louder than ever. HOWEVER, all of those liberals that were blasting Bush are completely silent about Obama's massive overspending.
    Hogsnot.

The "tea party conservatives" didn't join liberals in anything, they spewed the same bullshit they are spewing now. And they certainly didn't join liberals in criticizing Bush, in fact they said that liberals were on the side of "the terrorists" if they questioned anything that Bush and Cheney did.

Where were the halfwits in colonial costumes saying that Bush hated America, wasn't born here, and was a communist muslim?

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 392

When I read a few days ago that Dwight was bitchin and moaning about Monsanto and Obama signing that legislation I laughed to myself and was even tempted to expose his ass again but it isn't worth it. Mr F you are giving Dwight too much credit, it isn't that he discovered something or is even being inconsistent the truth of this entire argument is Dwightie, like usual, simply was searching the web for some anti Obama shit and he ran into this. Dwightie has the intellect that goes something like this, "hmmm Obama for it therefore me against it" it is as simple as that, no other calculations or anything else came into his support or non support of this or any other issue he supports or doesn't support. I would bet any amount of money the kid never in his life even heard of GMF. Did you think for an instant he became a far left progressive, that is a big no. He simply doesn't understand anything about the political landscape of the USA and everything he spits out comes directly from who he thinks he should support and who he thinks he should be against.

Let us recall that this is the same kid that argues for and against austerity. This is the same kid that argues against global warming by posting pro global warming links. It is the same song and dance I have been playing for years, Dwightie is a simpleton and his views simply reflect what he believes at the time is the prevailing conservative bs, however quite often he fcks it up and exposes himself. Nothing ever changes with Dwightie.
    Last edited by dante1; 04-06-13 at 04:21 PM.

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by dante1 View Post
    When I read a few days ago that Dwight was bitchin and moaning about Monsanto and Obama signing that legislation I laughed at myself as most people do. I was even tempted to expose my ass again and stick in my 10 inch vibrator, but it isn't worth it. I don't have any extra D batteries LOL .

Mr F you are giving Dwight too much credit, it isn't that he discovered something or is even being inconsistent the truth of this entire argument is Dwightie, like usual, simply was searching the web for some anti Obama shit and he ran into this. I know my previous sentence isn't true but I wrote it anyways because I am a liar.

I have
    the intellect that goes something like this, "hmmm Obama for it therefore I am for it" it is as simple as that, no other calculations or anything else comes into my support or non support of this or any other issue I support or don't support. I'm delusional. I would bet any amount of money I never in my life even heard of GMF but what's the point of betting with myself? Well come to think of it, I do post with myself constantly. Hmmm. I simply don't understand anything about the political landscape of the USA and everything I spit out comes directly from Jorge, my Puerto Rican lover.

Let us recall that I am the same petty old man that lied when I said he argues for and against austerity. I am the same liar that keeps on posting that he argues against global warming by posting pro global warming links when I know that he only posted a link that showed the other side. It's because I am dishonest and a troll. It is the same song and dance I have been playing for years. I is a simpleton and my views simply reflect what I believe at the time is the prevailing progressive liberal bs, however quite often I fcks it up and expose myself. Nothing ever changes with me. No one likes me. I should kill myself.
    fixed it for you! Took out the lies and now it's correct.

Last edited by DwightShrute; 04-06-13 at 07:09 PM.

CarpeDime
    CarpeDime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1005

keep government OUT OF BUSINESS and let Monsanto do whatever they want you LIBERAL SCUMBAGS

America was meant to have a FREE MARKET and NOT BE A PLACE WHERE THE GOVERNMENT CAN TELL COMPANIES WHAT TO DO

you liberal idiots MAKE ME SICK

LONG LIVE MONSANTO, liberals suck it

Turd Ferguson

Careful Pauly. Thanks to ALEC and the republican politicians that Dwight and Andywend love so much, it's now illegal to document animal cruelty inside corporate walls.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/03/1...factory-farms/

PAULYPOKER

Careful Pauly. Thanks to ALEC and the republican politicians that Dwight and Andywend love so much, it's now illegal to document animal cruelty inside corporate walls.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/03/1...factory-farms/
    That's not animal abuse according to our government, who backs and gives the power over all food to Monsanto, 100%...........

That is just a natural still born piglet, according to Monsanto...........

DwightShrute

Genetically Modified Apples Which Eliminate The Browning Process Soon To Be Approved

Since the genetic code of the apple was mapped by researchers a few years ago, scientists have explored gene silencing and other manipulation techniques to alter one of nature's most healing superfoods. Genetically modified apples may soon enter the food supply under the guise of preventing browning. First, though, officials must confront some enduring public distaste for genetically modified organisms (GMOs) now widely perceived as one of the most extensive global threats to human health.

There are natural ways to keep an apple from browning such as applying lemon, lime and even pineapple juice as they have the citric acid necessary to prevent oxidation. Sea salting is another option as it effectively acts as a preservative.

But according to the Washington Agriculture Dept., GMO apples could replace all of these methods straight from the vineyard since gene sequences could be manipulated with the same end result.

An Economic Disaster And Abuse Towards Nature

“This is an economic disaster,” Henry House, an organic apple grower in Davis, Calif., recently warned.

More than 60 million tons of apples are grown worldwide each year - the equivalent of 20lb per person.

Organic growers such as House fear that honeybees will spread genetically engineered apple pollen and contaminate organic orchards. Some consumer advocates maintain a more general antipathy toward engineered foods, while industry groups that include the Northwest Horticultural Council in Yakima, Wash., also object to what would be the first genetically engineered apple in commercial production.

As of yet, no genetically modified apples have been approved anywhere in the world. It is expected, however, that the amount of GM apple field tests will keep increasing.

Washington state accounts for 44 percent of the nation’s apple-bearing land, with 146,000 acres.

The U.S. Apple Association, noting that “browning is a natural process related to the exposure to oxygen,” has voiced opposition to the Arctic apple.

Thousands of others have weighed in as the Agriculture Department’s Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service considers whether to grant “non-regulated status” to varieties called the Arctic Golden and the Arctic Granny. Approval would give the commercial green light to British Columbia’s Okanagan Specialty Fruits.

Processing of GMO Apples Well Underway

The information from gene regulations of the Golden Delicious variety of apples is already being used to breed red-fleshed apples which are supposedly more attractive to consumers. After all, we wouldn't want consumers to think there are a few bad apples of any variety would we?

Ever imagine eating an apple with a desire to curb your appetite for the rest of the day? Well it's becoming a reality as genetically modified apples that suppress appetite could also be in the pipeline, with the first varieties with enhanced appetite suppressing compounds on shelves within five years.

Farmers need not worry about slow growth of apple trees. Now breeders will be able to screen seedlings for key genes, vastly speeding up the process while destroying the Mother Nature's diversity that perfectly tunes apple cultivation.

Researcher Roger Hellens of New Zealand firm Plant & Food Research, said: ‘Now we have the sequence of the apple genome, we will be able to identify the genes which control the characteristics that our sensory scientists have identified as most desired by consumers.

Amit Dhingra, of Washington State University in the US, said: 'Before genome sequencing, the best we could do was correlate traits with genes.

'Now we can point to a specific gene and say, "This is the one; this gene is responsible for this trait". 'Or the trait might be for something desirable, like flavour in a piece of fruit.'

Hellens said: 'Understanding how important characteristics in plants are controlled is vital in reducing the time to breed successful commercial cultivars (varieties).
    Company President of Okanagan Specialty Fruits, Neal Carter stated that he “expects full deregulation” of the apples this year.

The Arctic apple’s resistance to what scientists call “enzymatic browning,” which is what happens when a typical apple is cut or bruised, comes from the insertion of a certain genetic sequence taken from an apple. The inserted sequence essentially suppresses the browning process.

With federal approval, the company no longer would need special permits before it put the genetically modified apples into production. If they get the go-ahead, company officials have indicated, the Arctic apples could reach grocery stores sometime in 2015.

Public Outcry Will Be A Challenge To Acceptance

First, though, the Agriculture Department must process all the public reactions received in a comment period that’s been extended until Jan. 30. The initial comment period, in 2012, drew more than 72,000 statements, including many form letters from opponents. The latest period has drawn more than 6,100 comments, many of them passionately worded from opponents of genetically modified organisms.

“Growing these GMO apples is insane,” Loxahatchee, Fla., resident Ellie Jensen wrote last month.

While the public comments have often been skeptical, federal officials have sounded sympathetic. In an 83-page draft environmental assessment completed last year, Agriculture Department scientists recommended approving the product they think can help the apple industry.

“Browning reduces apple quality by causing detrimental flavor and nutritional changes that limit apple’s fresh-market, fresh-cut and processing applications,” the Agriculture Department officials noted.

Officials loudly claim that organic growers “will not be substantially affected” by the “limited acreage” planted with the genetically engineered crops, but then added that organic growers “may need to discuss their needs” with neighbors who opt for the Arctic apples.

If extra genes allowed the apple to adapt for millions of years, do humans really have the right to silence specific genes to enhance the appearance of Mother Nature's abundance or even the consumer's palate?

When genetic engineers insert a new gene into any organism there are "position effects" which can lead to unpredictable changes in the pattern of gene expression and genetic function. The protein product of the inserted gene may carry out unexpected reactions and produce potentially toxic products.

The Agriculture Department, moreover, is effectively limited to considering whether a new product poses a potential plant risk, and questions such as potential market impact or consumer reaction aren’t really part of the equation.
    “In general, this administration and past administrations have been very favorable toward biotechnology,” acknowledged Schlect, of the horticultural council.

GMOs Will Never Be The Answer To A Sustainable Food Supply

There are also projects developing insect resistant, transgenic apples. In the US, transgenic apples with delayed softening are being developed with longer shelf life, so that fruit can ripen on the tree. There is no end to the methods of madness that GMO scientists are pursuing to alter Mother Nature.
    Genetically modified foods are NOT the answer. Crop uniformity and gene altering such as the research being employed by Plant & Food Research will only reduce genetic diversity making these fruits more vulnerable to disease and pests. The unnatural gene transfers will only create new toxins and weaknesses making us all vulnerable to long-term and potentially persistent illnesses.

We should all be making efforts to take these independent studies very seriously and demand that government agencies reproduce those studies instead of depending on those paid by biotech companies.

Natasha Longo has a master's degree in nutrition and is a certified fitness and nutritional counselor. She has consulted on public health policy and procurement in Canada, Australia, Spain, Ireland, England and Germany.

http://preventdisease.com/news/14/01...Approved.shtml

DwightShrute

Health & Wellness

What Do Those Codes On Stickers Of Fruits And Some Veggies Mean?

Although they seem like a nuisance, the stickers or labels attached to fruit and some vegetables have more of a function than helping scan the price at the checkout stand. The PLU code, or price lookup number printed on the sticker, also tells you how the fruit was grown. By reading the PLU code, you can tell if the fruit was genetically modified, organically grown or produced with chemical fertilizers, fungicides, or herbicides.
    Here are the basics of what you should know:

1. If there are only four numbers in the PLU, this means that the produce was grown conventionally or “traditionally” with the use of pesticides. The last four letters of the PLU code are simply what kind of vegetable or fruit. An example is that all bananas are labeled with the code of 4011.
    2. If there are five numbers in the PLU code, and the number starts with “8″, this tells you that the item is a genetically modified fruit or vegetable. Genetically modified fruits and vegetables trump being organic. So, it is impossible to eat organic produce that are grown from genetically modified seeds. A genetically engineered (GE or GMO) banana would be: 84011
    3. If there are five numbers in the PLU code, and the number starts with “9″, this tells you that the produce was grown organically and is not genetically modified. An organic banana would be: 94011

Incidentally, the adhesive used to attach the stickers is considered food-grade, but the stickers themselves aren’t edible.
    And here is the full list from the Environmental Working Groups of fruits and vegetables with the least to most pesticides. When shopping, the most important produce to buy organic are those at the bottom of this list http://www.foodnews.org/fulllist.php .
    Points Awarded:

Ron_Paul_2012 gave DwightShrute 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Ron_Paul_2012

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

We're gonna have to get you an Ace Reporters badge.

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by rkelly110 View Post
    We're gonna have to get you an Ace Reporters badge.
    Attached Images  

rickbo528
    rickbo528's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1931

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    In the second Omen movie (Omen II; Damien), wasn't the plot of the anti-christ protectors of Damien setting up the Thorne Corporation to take over the world's food supply? Guess Hollywood writers were on to that years ago.

Ron_Paul_2012
    Ron_Paul_2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3985

Quote Originally Posted by Let's Go Rangers View Post
    control the food and the pharmaceuticals you can control the population.

there are many foods I will not eat and I also refuse to take. " precautionary flu shots ".

if our government or any other government wanted to quickly cause a plague handing out free flu shots full of viruses would quickly do the job
    Or binary weapons in any vaccinations. That is to say that hormone fluctuations act as a trigger to activate dormant harmful chemicals that were added to the vaccine. Hormone fluctuations that act as a trigger occur when one gets old (and useless to the system) and at retirement age to collect social security. Quite ingenious really. Quite evil as well. Have you ever asked yourself how America spends so much money on so called health care. Yet cancer rates are absolutely exploding! As technology becomes more advanced there is less need for human labor. Machines, computers & now robots are replacing human productivity. In another 50 years there won't be any need for human's (from a purely productive point of view) at all. It would not surprise me if the human population is incrementally being reduced to a more manageable level. This could also be done through GMO's, or adding certain chemical's in the food/water supply, pharmaceutical drugs & plastic containers. The military terminology for this is "soft kill" tactics.
    Last edited by Ron_Paul_2012; 03-03-14 at 04:57 PM.

mmaed
    mmaed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5003

I see people are still nuts.

1234 ... Last