itchypickle
    ROLL Motherfukkin Tide
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1687

Obama family going on vacation AGAIN!?

Well it's official....Obama does it again...with Congress trying to work out a budget and shutdown looming...Obama and Michelle and the kids are going on holiday for the weekend again

Libya war started.....out of the country

Earthquake/Tsunami/Nuke disaster....not in the office

And now, still within a few weeks time...VACATION AGAIN the night that the govt....you know the physical body he was elected to head is closing its doors possibly without a deal hammered out....Barack is busy packing his flip flops and shorts again. What a joke...no wonder he's a union supporter...sure as hell works like one doesnt he

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar Become A Pro!

Itchy...
    Oh the outrage!!
    How dare he follow in Bush the Younger's
    footsteps!!

itchypickle
    ROLL Motherfukkin Tide

Quote Originally Posted by 19th Hole View Post
    Itchy...
    Oh the outrage!!
    How dare he follow in Bush the Younger's
    footsteps!!
    Bush was a d-bag as well....but at least Bush worked from 'western whitehouse' where they had rooms setup and all the staff ready......this a-hole goes to tour and hang out. Big difference and not when huge events are happening.....but guess you're right Obama could come out and make a joke about the budget or even laugh at the Libya scene and your people will still vote for him regardless right?

19th Hole

Quote Originally Posted by itchypickle View Post
    Bush was a d-bag as well....but at least Bush worked from 'western whitehouse' where they had rooms setup and all the staff ready......this a-hole goes to tour and hang out. Big difference and not when huge events are happening.....but guess you're right Obama could come out and make a joke about the budget or even laugh at the Libya scene and your people will still vote for him regardless right?

Itchy....
    You have to be kidding, right??
    With Paul/ Trump coming up
    like the new promise of dawn...
    I hear the tide rising and
    the worm turning.

itchypickle
    ROLL Motherfukkin Tide

Quote Originally Posted by 19th Hole View Post
    Itchy....
    You have to be kidding, right??
    With Paul/ Trump coming up
    like the new promise of dawn...
    I hear the tide rising and
    the worm turning.
    Yep there was a hint of sarcasm in that post...not a fan of Trump but I like Paul. Just made the crack after seeing Trump at the #2 spot at this point in polls.

19th Hole

Quote Originally Posted by itchypickle View Post
    Yep there was a hint of sarcasm in that post...not a fan of Trump but I like Paul. Just made the crack after seeing Trump at the #2 spot at this point in polls.
    Touche...
    I thought that you might
    kick the "promise" (as in unfulfilled) can down the road.

Kaplan
    Kaplan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 366

I believe Bush spent more time on vacation than any Prez in history. And let's face it, the nation fell apart during his 8 years.

Chuck Sims
    Chuck Sims's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1639

Yes, Bush was horrible. It allowed an incompetent buffoon aka Bubbles the Chimp to win the White House.

We got to get him out before he gives away another $1,000,000,000,000 to his cronies.

SBR Founder Join Date: 12/29/2005

The Madcap
    The world meets nobody halfway.
    The Madcap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

I don't have a problem with Obama going on vacations. Even if he's been on more vacations the last 6 months than I've had in 6 years.

He's got little kids, he needs to be able to spend some time with them.

I hope this and the Libya situation serve as reminders to liberals that being the President can be a difficult freaking job and when their guy isn't in office, they should cut the man some slack and back off with the hate/petty squabbling. Because now all the GOP supporters want to call out Obama and the liberals and say "where is your outrage now?" And that's not healthy man. It gets us nowhere. We need to stop being such self-righteous assholes.

Mr KLC
    All that matters is winnin'!
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15387

I'm all for family, but if you aspire to have the most powerful position in the world, you have to be prepared to make major sacrifices. In this day and age, the president has to have a work ethic of an NFL coach with no offseason for 4-8 years.
    175 pts

3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 10/27/2014

150pts

SBR POKER TOURNEY7th Place 10/27/2014

BTP
    Week 1
    4-1-0 761 pts

110pts

SBR POKER TOURNEY9th Place 10/30/2014

175 pts

3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 10/30/2014

World
    Poker
    Cup 1st place

200pts

SBR POKER TOURNEY5th Place 10/24/2014

Bradyd
    Bradyd's Avatar Become A Pro!

Considering the President gets brief and has to make decisions EVERY DAY, I don't see how his "vacations" are really vacations.... He is on call 24/7 and has to react to any major development in the world. His job description also doesn't require him to be in Washington for every problem: this is 2011, not 1911...

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

Yah, because god forbid if a working man takes a weekend off.

itchypickle
    ROLL Motherfukkin Tide

Vacations, maybe a summer and a winter trip I can fully understand, and of course the getaways to New England ect where he's still doing work but just in shorts and from a different house....but every 3 weeks heading out sightseeing and then spending another few days of the week, 5 hours at a time on golf.....in a normal atmosphere possibly but considering you're trying to multitask with domestic and international issues, wars as well as an energy banking and housing issue....might be time for some overtime in anyone elses career.

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 842

I'm sorry to say we have GWB for another term. How many drastic changes have we seen
    the past two years? All of Bush's shit has been extended, every week vacations and
    spending like a drunken sailor.

Is ANYONE in office addressing the real problems? Unemployment, fuel, food or health insurance?
    Squabbling about cutting 1/10 of 1 cent out of the budget? WTF!

itchypickle
    ROLL Motherfukkin Tide

I have an idea...since the shutdown's apparently going through tonight.....Obama should take Michelle and the girls WITHOUT the Secret Service detail (since they shouldn't be getting paid due to their boss' inability to govern on even a basic concept such as funding-101 in any business) and head out on the town tonight. A night out, just amongst his citizenry and ask them how he's doing

The Madcap

Quote Originally Posted by Bradyd View Post
    Considering the President gets brief and has to make decisions EVERY DAY, I don't see how his "vacations" are really vacations.... He is on call 24/7 and has to react to any major development in the world. His job description also doesn't require him to be in Washington for every problem: this is 2011, not 1911...
    It's called leadership man.

It's about attitude and presence. Sure everything will "work fine" when he's not around, but that doesn't mean shit goes as well as it could.

If I was the President I would be meeting daily with members of congress trying to get them all on the same page with how the country needs to be run from an attitude standpoint. And there are 535 of them. And you can't keep 535 people in line without seeing their faces once in a while. And you can't keep in contact if you're constantly shuttling yourself out of town every other week.

The President (whoever it is) could do so much more just by being around and opening himself up for communication with the members of congress. I'd force that shit to keep these fukkers in line. Somebody needs to. Somebody needs to tell them to stop acting like children, grow a pair, and remind them that in this country they are supposed to rule men less and lead them more.

The Madcap

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    I'm all for family, but if you aspire to have the most powerful position in the world, you have to be prepared to make major sacrifices. In this day and age, the president has to have a work ethic of an NFL coach with no offseason for 4-8 years.
    I don't think Obama's work ethic is the problem. It's his performance.

itchypickle
    ROLL Motherfukkin Tide

Quote Originally Posted by The Madcap View Post
    It's called leadership man.

It's about attitude and presence. Sure everything will "work fine" when he's not around, but that doesn't mean shit goes as well as it could.

If I was the President I would be meeting daily with members of congress trying to get them all on the same page with how the country needs to be run from an attitude standpoint. And there are 535 of them. And you can't keep 535 people in line without seeing their faces once in a while. And you can't keep in contact if you're constantly shuttling yourself out of town every other week.

The President (whoever it is) could do so much more just by being around and opening himself up for communication with the members of congress. I'd force that shit to keep these fukkers in line. Somebody needs to. Somebody needs to tell them to stop acting like children, grow a pair, and remind them that in this country they are supposed to rule men less and lead them more.
    Again something Obama would know if he had any experience before....top down communication It's like a bunch of high school kids coming to class everyday with no teacher present or syllabus....they don;t have any idea what parts to get done to pass....only a variety of subjects and everyone wants to talk about his/her own interest so they never get anywhere as a collective. For crying out loud, if Obama just had someone put together a flowchart or Powerpoint presentation for Congress with bullet points about what needs to get done and in what order before the next can be addressed...we'd be okay and guess what the 1st bullet would be....a BUDGET for the year you're already operating in! That's the jump off point to anything. If they would have spent 25% of the effort spent last Congress on Health Care and banking on a budget...problem solved.

Chuck Sims
    Chuck Sims's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1639

Quote Originally Posted by The Madcap View Post
    I don't have a problem with Obama going on vacations. Even if he's been on more vacations the last 6 months than I've had in 6 years.

He's got little kids, he needs to be able to spend some time with them.

I hope this and the Libya situation serve as reminders to liberals that being the President can be a difficult freaking job and when their guy isn't in office, they should cut the man some slack and back off with the hate/petty squabbling. Because now all the GOP supporters want to call out Obama and the liberals and say "where is your outrage now?" And that's not healthy man. It gets us nowhere. We need to stop being such self-righteous assholes.
    I hope you are able to grasp the situation. Sleazy politicians like Obama could care less about the USA. They care about two things: Power...and more power.

SBR Founder Join Date: 12/29/2005