1880 9 5
    JAKEPEAVY21
    3050 14 5 4uk4life 2415 16 5 nitlogic
    2155 7
    6 imack
    1845 10 6
    chili_powder 3030 14 6 qwertvt 2410 15 6 dogkatcher
    2115 13
    7 Mannyfan 1820 10 7 TheGiant 2850 15 7 astro61200 2410 11 7 JoeyBagels 2060 11
    8 Lex_icon
    1800 17 8 craigpb 2805 19 8 AutoDonk 2405 12 8 Krashman 1880 16
    9 zwoeins 1780 13 9 franklee168 2705 15 9 lobo369 2315 17 9 jayvegas420 1200 5
    10 Grivas_Digeni 1710 9 10 funnyb25 2635 10 10 dankelly 2315 11 10
    vbpro7 1095 3
    Stefan
    1665 18 11 carolinadaze
    2615 16 11 mayberry
    2275 17 11 MillerTime99
    1010 5
    taz01
    1600 8 12
    k6mike9
    2595 13 12 chico2663
    2195 12 12
    cankid
    950 7

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25232

Thanks Sam!

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5940

Nice work Sammy

Chili_Powder
    Chili_Powder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 123

Thanks for all the updates. It's roughly 1/2 way through qualifying, so still a long ways to go, but point totals notwithstanding team Canada looks pretty solid.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Great work US Team....

1/3 of the Canadians have 1200 points or less

Team World has angle shooters who play multiple tourneys a day

Seems fair

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47428

sinmiedo crushing it as usual

muy bien amigo

sinmiedo
    sinmiedo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 369

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post

muy bien amigo

Not as usual, but thanks Jake, I have been running good, no question but this is only mid qualifying stage, so who knows.
    The important matches are the finals, I just want to be there.
    Sin

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

Quote Originally Posted by sinmiedo View Post
    Not as usual, but thanks Jake, I have been running good, no question but this is only mid qualifying stage, so who knows.
    The important matches are the finals, I just want to be there.
    Sin
    I get week kneed every time I run into you. I'm not sure if i'm more scared of michael ironside , marty mcsorly or you

sinmiedo

Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    I get week kneed every time I run into you. I'm not sure if i'm more scared of michael ironside , marty mcsorly or you
    You make laugh so hard that I almost fainted when i read the comment.
    Good luck bud.
    Sin

Slanina
    Slanina's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5895

These lopsided standings lol

SBR_Guest_Pro
    SBR Intern
    SBR_Guest_Pro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2939

i dont stand a chance anymore

astro61200
    astro61200's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post

muy bien amigo
    I mean, he plays SBR the right way. Get them in behind and suck out. I was going to make a drinking game of it: take a shot everytime it happens. Then realized that the 25 bottles of liquor here wouldn't be enough to even make it to the break.
    Last edited by astro61200; 03-28-17 at 11:57 PM.

sinmiedo

Quote Originally Posted by astro61200 View Post
    I mean, he plays SBR the right way. Get them in behind, and suck out. I was going to make a drinking game of it. Take a shot everytime it happens, then realized that the 25 bottles of liquor here wouldn't be enough to even make it to the break.
    it was a good game. i give you all the action you requested, never shy out of a hand and bluffed at least 16 times per hour, showing all of them.
    i play to win and the record shows that.18 cashes 6 first places.
    good game bud, we will play again and maybe next time you will come on top, like every poker player should.
    sin

astro61200

it was a good game. i give you all the action you requested, never shy out of a hand and bluffed at least 16 times per hour, showing all of them.
    i play to win and the record shows that.18 cashes 6 first places.
    good game bud, we will play again and maybe next time you will come on top, like every poker player should.
    sin
    Easy to bluff often when you don't have to worry about actually losing the hand if you get caught. As for the 1st places, cool. I mean you managed to get in behind in our last 4 hands, winning 3 and the sole loss being when I was down to 4k in chips after you're all in preflop with 74 flopped a pair and turned another against my K8. Which was only preceded by my AK getting annihilated the hand before after you called an all in with 75 and flopped 2 pair.

Calling off all of your chips with 7-5 and 7-4 in two consecutive hands, hitting 2 pair for each. Would be pretty sad if you didn't win. 1/3 dog for each, chances of winning both of those hands at 12%.

Personally, I'm all for that kind of play. If someone wants to get their chips in way behind against me, go for it. Let's just not pretend like it took some type of skill for you to win. You picked off small pots by pushing at the end, you constantly dropped those chips with dumb bets, and hung around by lucking into chopped pots when you got in sharing your over with a worse kicker. Then pushed with 2 live cards and lucked into winning as a 1/3 dog, then made another dumb "bluff" that you lucked into another win as another 1/3 dog.

The win was gift wrapped to you. It's poor play rewarded. Nice win for you, but let's not pretend like it involved any less luck than someone who wins money on a scratch off ticket. I'll be anxious to see how the 4 handed finals go, where that style of play won't work nearly as well when you don't have a slew of others willing to call the 300x the BB "bluff" with any ace-rag early in the tournament.
    Last edited by astro61200; 03-29-17 at 05:50 AM.

sinmiedo

every player enjoy a style, mine maybe based in................. yours in mathematical probabilities,someone else in personalities of players,we all play different, because poker should be approached as a betting game. i learn a lot in my 11 years and i make some changes as my good friend recommended,and , is to not share knowledge with my opponents.
    good luck astro,and wish you the best as you deserved for the good player you are no question about it
    sin

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

Holy Shit....players actually have a strategy here on SBR Poker

Triple_D_Bet
    Triple_D_Bet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 219

Easy to bluff often when you don't have to worry about actually losing the hand if you get caught. As for the 1st places, cool. I mean you managed to get in behind in our last 4 hands, winning 3 and the sole loss being when I was down to 4k in chips after you're all in preflop with 74 flopped a pair and turned another against my K8. Which was only preceded by my AK getting annihilated the hand before after you called an all in with 75 and flopped 2 pair.

Calling off all of your chips with 7-5 and 7-4 in two consecutive hands, hitting 2 pair for each. Would be pretty sad if you didn't win. 1/3 dog for each, chances of winning both of those hands at 12%.

Personally, I'm all for that kind of play. If someone wants to get their chips in way behind against me, go for it. Let's just not pretend like it took some type of skill for you to win. You picked off small pots by pushing at the end, you constantly dropped those chips with dumb bets, and hung around by lucking into chopped pots when you got in sharing your over with a worse kicker. Then pushed with 2 live cards and lucked into winning as a 1/3 dog, then made another dumb "bluff" that you lucked into another win as another 1/3 dog.

The win was gift wrapped to you. It's poor play rewarded. Nice win for you, but let's not pretend like it involved any less luck than someone who wins money on a scratch off ticket. I'll be anxious to see how the 4 handed finals go, where that style of play won't work nearly as well when you don't have a slew of others willing to call the 300x the BB "bluff" with any ace-rag early in the tournament.
    There's a reason aggressive play works so well, and it has nothing to do with bad beats or software. If that's not something you've got a firm grasp of, advertising the fact only puts a bigger target on ya!

bobbywaves
    bobbywaves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

Quote Originally Posted by Triple_D_Bet View Post
    There's a reason aggressive play works so well, and it has nothing to do with bad beats or software. If that's not something you've got a firm grasp of, advertising the fact only puts a bigger target on ya!
    Coming from a non leaderboard guy who lost the biggest poker bet in SBR history, 29k to Uncle Waves.

Keep raising your 7,2 off Tripe, I love re-popping you.

Triple_D_Bet

Quote Originally Posted by bobbywaves View Post
    Coming from a non leaderboard guy who lost the biggest poker bet in SBR history, 29k to Uncle Waves.

Thanks bobbo...isn't life so much easier when we both prove my point?

Astro, nothing against you or your style of play, but as bobbo points out here: if you find yourself agreeing with bobbo, it's almost always time to take a hard look at where you went wrong

sinmiedo

Your comment is a bit out of line, since you push an all in within the 1st 2 orbits in the Punta Cana tournament when I 3xbet you with position. You held an AQ suited to me with AA. Not very bright play , but it was your chips that i took to the final table.
    Bobby, you are good point accumulator, I like to win,
    Correction " I play to win"

bobbywaves

Your comment is a bit out of line, since you push an all in within the 1st 2 orbits in the Punta Cana tournament when I 3xbet you with position. You held an AQ suited to me with AA. Not very bright play , but it was your chips that i took to the final table.
    Not out of line at all & I explained why Tripe is out of line. Even if I smooth called you at Bash, there was a queen on the flop you conveniently forgot. My top pair on board & top kicker would have been getting all my chips in post flop anyway.

Considering your fish style, nothing wrong with my play. So the deck smacked you in the face with aces, it happens. You could have easily made that move with jacks & we wouldn't be having this conversation, as you would be felted.

bobbywaves

Thanks bobbo...life is so much easier when you prove my ignorance
    You're welcome Tripe.

sinmiedo

Not out of line at all & I explained why Tripe is out of line. Even if I smooth called you at Bash, there was a queen on the flop you conveniently forgot. My top pair on board & top kicker would have been getting all my chips in post flop anyway.

Considering your fish style, nothing wrong with my play. So the deck smacked you in the face with aces, it happens. You could have easily made that move with jacks & we wouldn't be having this conversation, as you would be felted.
    No Bobby, you pushed pref lop, 9 witnesses there to verified.
    Memory is the strongest asset for a poker player , I have an excellent one.
    Good luck
    Sin

bobbywaves

No Bobby, you pushed pref lop, 9 witnesses there to verified.
    Memory is the strongest asset for a poker player , I have an excellent one.
    Good luck
    Sin
    Reading comprehension is clearly your weak suit. I never disputed pushing pre flop. I said even if I called you the result would be the same, as there was a queen on the flop. Try & read again Canuck.

You're just as obnoxious on the forum, as you were at the Bash.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

Does someone have to results from this past bash tourney .

astro61200

Oh just shut it.

You can claim "aggressive" play but there is a big difference between being aggressive ie Bite's style on here and just being stupid with massive raises that make no sense (raising 1100 to steal 60) followed by being behind 90% of the time the cards are flipped.

That's not aggressive, that's poor play that is bailed out with dumb luck.

Tired of seeing you pop in and pretend like you're the resident pro whose word should be taken as gospel.

Like I said before. I'm all for "aggressive" players betting into or calling me as a 1/3 dog. Let's just not pretend that it's skill when they flop 2 pair after calling with no odds and garbage.

As for the claim of playing to win. Blah blah. If it weren't for that 12%er hitting then sin and I would have the same amount of 1sts.

Triple_D_Bet

Overplaying AQ with a certain mindset might not be a terrible move (although early on to a 3 bet is probably always unwise)...but bobbo being unable to differentiate the intent behind the move with the outcome is yet another reminder that he quite literally doesn't understand the first thing about poker

Triple_D_Bet

Oh just shut it.

You can claim "aggressive" play but there is a big difference between being aggressive ie Bite's style on here and just being stupid with massive raises that make no sense (raising 1100 to steal 60) followed by being behind 90% of the time the cards are flipped.

That's not aggressive, that's poor play that is bailed out with dumb luck.

Tired of seeing you pop in and pretend like you're the resident pro whose word should be taken as gospel.

Like I said before. I'm all for "aggressive" players betting into or calling me as a 1/3 dog. Let's just not pretend that it's skill when they flop 2 pair after calling with no odds and garbage.

As for the claim of playing to win. Blah blah. If it weren't for that 12%er hitting then sin and I would have the same amount of 1sts.
    The difference between bite's style and sin's aren't as large as your memory makes them in all likelihood. Without knowing the circumstances surrounding such a large overbet, it's hard to comment, but I suspect that if it get you to make such a large distinction it's at least partially working. Yes, being caught in a bluff you'll occasionally be bailed out...whether you are or not on any particular sequence of hands is irrelevant. The skill comes from decisions made, and based on sin's desire not to educate you on the matter, I'll say no more.

I can see where you might think I think I'm coming down from some mountaintop to share poker wisdom with the masses, but don't confuse the recent scarcity of my posts with that sort of behavior. I don't spend as much time here as I used to when I would post more prolifically on much sillier stuff, and as a result, I'm usually only posting when the occasional good discussion pops up or to smack bobbo around a little. If I was pretending to speak only poker wisdom, I certainly wouldn't waste words telling a dummy he's a dummy. In this case, my comment isn't infinitely wise...it's very much a basic concept of intermediate poker which you'll find in countless books on the subject. As with so many things in life, this concept remains unknown by so many not because it's difficult, but because they're either unexposed to it or they refuse to evaluate it with a mindset conducive to learning. You're free to learn it or not, and no slight to you if you don't...but as I said, advertising your ignorance of this principle is (to a lesser extent) the same as bobbo advertising his lack of poker knowledge, in that people playing on a higher level will notice and beat you more often as a result. Just as you're happy to go into a hand as a favorite (without seeing the bigger picture), people aware of the concept you're missing are happy to see you at their tables (the fact that there aren't many of us means you don't have to adjust if you don't want to though).

There's nothing wrong with not trying to master poker skills...I'm certainly not as poker savvy (percentile-wise and likely absolute-skill-wise) as I was years ago for similar reasons, that I simply don't care to put forth the effort and have no issue coasting on what I've retained. Being ignorant of a poker principle (or most things) is no great shame, but it's considered good form to keep in mind your lack of knowledge when it's discussed. Not that the human brain works like that without lots of practice and vigilance, but it's never too late to start.

Lastly, if that seems like a lot to type or read, it's because it touches on a fairly complex subject which can't be clearly explained in a one-liner...and also in no little part because I'm (finally) practicing my touch-typing skills and am always looking for practice which holds my interest

Triple_D_Bet

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    Does someone have to results from this past bash tourney .
    I'd offer ya $100 to find em, but I seem to recall I already did something like that

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

I will only say that the 2 players Astro seems to be talking on are by far 2 of the best LIVE players I've played against and also 2 very good guys...

Astro take a deep breathe brother.....this is all fun and games

bobbywaves

but bobbo being unable to differentiate the intent behind the move with the outcome is yet another reminder that he quite literally doesn't understand the first thing about poker
    Yet, I beat you for 29k in an annual poker bet. So for someone who "doesn't understand the first thing about poker" to beat you soundly, speaks volumes about the sad state of affairs your poker game is in by your own definition.

Then you try to claim Astros has a lack of aggressive poker playing principles, when he's on the leaderboard & you're not.

Fact is, Sin makes many terrible plays & is simply bailed out by the software more times than not. So it's obviously frustrating to the guys who have Sin dominated, to see him suck out repeatedly.

astro61200

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    I will only say that the 2 players Astro seems to be talking on are by far 2 of the best LIVE players I've played against and also 2 very good guys...

Astro take a deep breathe brother.....this is all fun and games
    Haha, cmon Philly. You know I don't take this stuff seriously. I was actually going to apologize to sin last night until he tried to pretend like nailing his 10% was all part of his style of play.

As for Triple D's post, I glanced through it but I'm sure it's just a long winded way of trying to sound superior like the majority of his poker posts. When he knows almost nothing about my style of play as I rarely see him at the table, and all he has to go by is what is posted here and the leaderboard. Which, ironically, I have the 2nd highest points per finish behind sin, just barely above Jake.

This is completely counterintuitive to his claims about my lack of aggression, as higher aggression players will have far more varied results than more conservative players, like bobbo.

It's free poker for points. Shit happens. I have nothing against sin or Triple D. It was venting after watching sin win nearly every hand that had a 2-3k+ pot as a underdog. I also realize that his "style" will result in lucking into wins sometimes but also busting out in the first 15 minutes for 2 weeks straight. Just grows old when you become the fly to someone else's windshield every tournament, just some venting was in order.

I'm also very aware as to why sin did what he did last night. He was severely short stacked (about 4:1) when he called with 2 live cards. Understandable. Then he was trying to steal some blinds right after and got caught, because I know sin's style of play never changes so I figured my K8 was way ahead (it was). I get why it happened. I also know that against other players heads up I wouldn't be calling 95% of my chips off with K8.

Good luck to everyone participating (except imack). Maybe I'll try to play in one of the finals matches against sin.
    Last edited by astro61200; 03-29-17 at 05:29 PM.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

Yet, I beat you for 29k in an annual poker bet. So for someone who "doesn't understand the first thing about poker" to beat you soundly, speaks volumes about the sad state of affairs your poker game is in by your own definition.

Then you try to claim Astros has a lack of aggressive poker playing principles, when he's on the leaderboard & you're not.

Fact is, Sin makes many terrible plays & is simply bailed out by the software more times than not. So it's obviously frustrating to the guys who have Sin dominated, to see him suck out repeatedly.
    Christ man, that happens 15 times a tourney......how guys get upset about it anymore is beyond me let alone call someone out\

If I get in ahead and lose, so be it. Yes its frustrating but to quote at least one person here "it's free poker"

Triple_D_Bet

When I say you don't know the first thing about poker, it's because you have literally expressed opinions contrary to the first thing about poker. If I needed more evidence, I'm sure your views in just this tiny thread (bragging about a cherry-picked experience as making you superior, while complaining sin isn't superior because of a hand-picked experience, blaming software for consistent repeatable outcomes) would suffice

Triple_D_Bet

Haha, cmon Philly. You know I don't take this stuff seriously. I was actually going to apologize to sin last night until he tried to pretend like nailing his 10% was all part of his style of play.

As for Triple D's post, I glanced through it but I'm sure it's just a long winded way of trying to sound superior like the majority of his poker posts. When he knows almost nothing about my style of play as I rarely see him at the table, and all he has to go by is what is posted here and the leaderboard. Which, ironically, I have the 2nd highest points per finish behind sin, just barely above Jake.

This is completely counterintuitive to his claims about my lack of aggression, as higher aggression players will have far more varied results than more conservative players, like bobbo.

It's free poker for points. Shit happens. I have nothing against sin or Triple D. It was venting after watching sin win nearly every hand that had a 2-3k+ pot as a underdog. I also realize that his "style" will result in lucking into wins sometimes but also busting out in the first 15 minutes for 2 weeks straight. Just grows old when you become the fly to someone else's windshield every tournament, just some venting was in order.

Good luck to everyone participating (except imack). Maybe I'll try to play in one of the finals matches against sin.
    I don't know how much you know about my 'game' (not everything it appears, as I've been fairly clear how meaningless SBR leaderboards usually are), and I don't make any particular study of yours (see: that not-caring-so-much thing I mentioned), but you seem like a decent enough player in most regards. My commentary on the mistaken portion of your poker outlook was based completely on the view you stated in this thread. I'm not trying to act superior to you, either in SBR poker or poker in general; again, that's not something I care about...but discrediting a statement because of your guessed motivations behind it it isn't particularly wise (for all that you, I and humans in general do it frequently) and changes nothing about the objective truth. In this case, that truth is well-known, fairly easy to prove mathematically, and available to any who wish to learn. I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel slightly superior to people who don't realize those truths, but I'm not particularly ashamed of that.

Nothing wrong with choosing not to read something, but it doesn't help your argument when the refutations to your view are clearly stated and you continue to make your case. Do as ya will, read what ya will and vent as you will man, no hard feelings here

12 Last