Ballerholic
    Ballerholic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1806

How many of you would fold to this turn bet?

Ballerholic

Hard to see so I'll explain the action.

I open UTG and he 3bets from SB, I call and we see a flop. Flop goes check, check. He bets turn, I call. River is check, check.

boscokid
    boscokid's Avatar SBR PRO

Not me - looks like standard weak tight play post flop
    His flop check looks like weakness.
    His $2.60 on the turn nowhere near enough to take control of the hand.
    Q is a great river card b/c it changes nothing.

slikec
    slikec's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

He didnt cbet OTF and only bets half pot OTT so is easy call. Question is do we check back river or bet half pot in my opinion.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

not folding for 2.60, ten outs can come on the river that make you feel real good about the hand... price is right to call.....

as for takin' a stab at it post-river with a half-pot bet, he's probably gonna call you unless super tight.... probably have to shove to get him off 99 at river given the action.....

you can ask taddy how quick I am to call with 99 when dealing with a perceived "stab at it" river bluff with one over on the board......

franklee168
    franklee168's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17005

Change your avi AD or I'll have to block you like I did Daze.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Depends on what type of player he is, but most of the time I'll call. Likely floating the flop too

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by franklee168 View Post
    Change your avi AD or I'll have to block you like I did Daze.
    daze had a photo of the pathetic, flappy small b breasted, and a-cup breasted, sad sack bobby waves as his avatar, too????

f'n waves.... this f'n prick is unemployed sucking on taxpayers' and draining the system, when he's easily employable as a f'n carnie freak show.......

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Donk's comment is a good one. I think similarly:

* Paired boards are tricky. It's normally a monster or a bluff.

When high card pairs on the river, I personally have to feel good if I'm holding 2nd pair. That becomes a good calling hand, imho.

Ballerholic

Yea it's tough because we have to think what he's 3betting vs UTG in the SB with. When he checks flop then he usually isn't holding QQ+, or even AJ (but that is a pretty light 3bet). So right away I put him on AK, possibly JJ which has way less combos so is unlikely. Then a bet on river is still usually AK or JJ because I feel AQs is a light 3bet as well as TT so I call. Then river is Q which doesn't mean anything and it would be interesting if he bet the river, but I think a call is still in order. Honestly, AK is probably one of the weaker hands he has here on the river so it is possible he might try to bluff it, but I have more Jx,Qx then him so he really should. Although I do probably bet Jx on flop, and my Qx is limited on river.

IDK, I guess what would you guys do if he pot bets river? what about 1/2?

ChuckyTheGoat

Baller, how are things?

As a rep for the boys...u know I'm always pulling for u.

Ballerholic

They are going good man, thanks. I've been really busy the past two weeks with things outside of poker so not too much updating. But the next few weeks there should be a lot of poker played as I'll be off from school. How your grind going?

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

There are 16 possible combos of AK. 6 of kk 6 of aa

The rest depends on the player and your ability to put the guy on a range. If he's like a 30/2 station type, it's probably a fold as he's likely only 3betting premiums and often gets cute on the flop. Would he 3bet you with TT+ or AQ? Thats tough without some history on the guy. Pretty weak play by ole Gary there

ChuckyTheGoat

Baller, I have not been a winning player.

I enjoy the game and don't get murdered. I make an occasional score. I never put myself in a position where a bad run is going to hurt me. I play small potatoes, never over my head.

Ballerholic

Blazer- yea haha definitely weak. Yea I don't think he 3bets TT or AQ, but maybe. It was probably wrong thinking of me, but the second he checked that flop all I was thinking was that he had AK.

Chuck- don't worry about it man, just have fun. Also if you play tournies you are going to have long stretches of losing. All it takes is that one big cash and you are in the profit