dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Is bigorange the poker room monitor?

Twice the guy has told me how much I should buy in for
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: blankoblanco

BigOrange
    BigOrange's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5417

It's rude to come in at the minimum when two guys are playing heads up deep. We're sitting with 1,300 and 1,500 stacks and you sit with 120. Some guys don't mind and then it's ok but when we ask you to buyin full or leave and you don't, you are just being a complete dikk.
    Points Awarded:

USCPHILLYGUY gave BigOrange 300 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BeerDog99, and USCPHILLYGUY

BigOrange

And if you don't understand this, you really have no reason sitting at a poker table to begin with.

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by BigOrange View Post
    It's rude to come in at the minimum when two guys are playing heads up deep. We're sitting with 1,300 and 1,500 stacks and you sit with 120. Some guys don't mind and then it's ok but when we ask you to buyin full or leave and you don't, you are just being a complete dikk.
    Ok well kind of a misunderstanding then. I don't remember you asking me to leave, I just saw you telling me I should buy in for more which seemed like you just wanted to lean on me with your big stacks because I would be a short stack no matter what and I was trying to guard against that. It was still 20 big blinds

BigOrange

We both sat out after you refused to invest more than 20 big blinds in the game. Then you still sat there for 5 more minutes and we both finally left. I guess you couldn't take a hint LOL.

dlowilly

In fact the first time you got on me I'm pretty sure you were sitting alone at the table which makes it seem like it isn't about the situation, you just want a lot of chips to target with the big stack you accumulate. In the future if 2 people don't want me playing with a small stack I will leave if asked, but you really have no business telling someone what to buy in with when you are alone at a table

BigOrange

I refuse to play against shortstackers. That is my right. I will never play anyone that buys in less than 50 BB's. If they can't buy in 50 BB's, they can move to another table. Pretty simple.

dlowilly

Fine that's your right.

But I saw plenty of short stack buy ins the other night and you didn't say a word.

I'm still wondering, are you the poker room monitor?

BigOrange

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    Fine that's your right.

But I saw plenty of short stack buy ins the other night and you didn't say a word.

I'm still wondering, are you the poker room monitor?
    Poker Room monitor? If I was there would be a minimum of 50 BB's at every table. You will never see me at a short table for more than a hand or two with shortstackers. If it's a full table and there are a couple then I can live with that. It's still annoying to me though.

I'm not sure why this bothers you. I can set who, what stakes, and buyins for the tables I choose to play. If you aren't willing to buyin at least 50 bb's, simply go to another table and wait for someone who is willing to play with a shortstacker.

I guess you are brand new to poker with these silly questions. Nothing wrong with that. I just hope I can educate you a bit on poker etiquette.

dlowilly

Poker Room monitor? If I was there would be a minimum of 50 BB's at every table. You will never see me at a short table for more than a hand or two with shortstackers. If it's a full table and there are a couple then I can live with that. It's still annoying to me though.

I'm not sure why this bothers you. I can set who, what stakes, and buyins for the tables I choose to play. If you aren't willing to buyin at least 50 bb's, simply go to another table and wait for someone who is willing to play with a shortstacker.

I guess you are brand new to poker with these silly questions. Nothing wrong with that. I just hope I can educate you a bit on poker etiquette.
    A lot of people don't want to play against 2 and 3x max buy in stacks. I guess they can tell you to get lost if 2 of them sit at a table and don't want to play you.

Hey now I know you don't want to play against a short stack. From your previous actions (playing against other short stacks) that did not seem to be the case, and tonight you didn't politely ask me not to play, you told me what I should do and the sitting out seemed to be you trying to strong arm me into doing what you wanted. I wasn't breaking any rules, and you are the first player on here I've encountered that has a problem with it.

I think you like to accumulate a big stack, and then intimidate other players with betting and pressuring their stack. Then when someone buys in for a small amount minimizing their risk and negating your intimidation system you get pissy

BigOrange

So much wrong in your last post. I can see you are not bright enough to understand so I am going to quit trying to explain it to you. There are a lot of guys here who do not like playing against shortstacks. Keep buying in light and you'll hear from many more of them.

dlowilly

So much wrong in your last post. I can see you are not bright enough to understand so I am going to quit trying to explain it to you. There are a lot of guys here who do not like playing against shortstacks. Keep buying in light and you'll hear from many more of them.
    And my point is that has less to do with etiquette and more to do with you being upset at your strategy being neutralized

BigOrange

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    And my point is that has less to do with etiquette and more to do with you being upset at your strategy being neutralized
    Has nothing to do with strategy. I'll say it for about the 3rd time, if a player isn't willing to risk at least 50 bb's, I am not interested in playing with them and I certainly don't want that nit getting in between me and another large stack. This can have major ramifications in draw heavy pots.

dlowilly

Has nothing to do with strategy. I'll say it for about the 3rd time, if a player isn't willing to risk at least 50 bb's, I am not interested in playing with them and I certainly don't want that nit getting in between me and another large stack. This can have major ramifications in draw heavy pots.
    I understand that. But that isn't about etiquette, that's about it not fitting with your strategy. The other guy at the table didn't say anything to me and only sat out after you sat out.

Once again, you keep referring to this situation where you were heads up against another large stack, but what about when you were sitting alone and I sat you told me what you thought I should buy in with? It sounds like you just like people to buy in for what you want them to depending on your situation.

See if you can answer this truthfully. If you were losing at a table and were down to 150, would you tell someone who bought in for 120 to increase their buy in to 600? We both know you wouldn't, and what that means is it's all about your situation and you wanting to control variables in your favor and not about etiquette.

BigOrange

Did you ride the shortbus to school? Seriously you have to be trolling. Nobody is this dumb.

blankoblanco
    blankoblanco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29946

I don't really get the issue. If you have a problem with the minimum buy-in levels, take it up with SBR. Otherwise people can buy-in for that amount and you're free to choose not to play. I buy in for various rollover amounts and leave when I'm done because I'm not going to spend hours playing cash games for the equivalent of pennies. I try to be efficient with my rollovers and not waste time. Tournaments are actually more fun for me so I'm more willing to spend a couple hours in a tournament if I make it deep.

Those of you who act superior about buying in full for 3/6 points games and playing for hours... really shouldn't. If it's fun for you then great, but acting like you're a badass and berating others when you're playing "high stakes" games for points is kind of pathetic. Just my opinion
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Sam Losco, and dlowilly

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

Note to self: Buyin short against BigOrange
    Points Awarded:

BigOrange gave SharpAngles 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

SnakesPicks gave SharpAngles 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

qwertvt
    qwertvt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Quote Originally Posted by blankoblanco View Post
    I don't really get the issue. If you have a problem with the minimum buy-in levels, take it up with SBR. Otherwise people can buy-in for that amount and you're free to choose not to play. I buy in for various rollover amounts and leave when I'm done because I'm not going to spend hours playing cash games for the equivalent of pennies. I try to be efficient with my rollovers and not waste time. Tournaments are actually more fun for me so I'm more willing to spend a couple hours in a tournament if I make it deep.

Those of you who act superior about buying in full for 3/6 points games and playing for hours... really shouldn't. If it's fun for you then great, but acting like you're a badass and berating others when you're playing "high stakes" games for points is kind of pathetic. Just my opinion
    I think the 50x BB rule is a good idea.

I am guilty of jumping in on 3/6 tables to get a quick rollover but I can see BigOrange's concerns.

If you don't get the issue, let me explain how I perceive them.

First - jumping in on a higher stakes table with a minimum rollover is not "efficient". Generally the other players will pick your pocket.

Second - If you do reach the rollover, by your own admission, you leave. Being a hit and run player is just poor poker etiquette despite your ability to leave.

Third - Players with an adequate bankroll are there to play poker. If you have two or three players with SBR minimums, the game becomes bingo. All in is the general strategy when the limits are so high. It takes the fun out of playing.

Fourth - If I go to a table, irregardless of the limits, and I am told politely to leave, I would honor the request. I would assume the two want play HU.

I don't have that many chips right now and when I do, I never act "superior".

I can understand your frustrations but look at it from the others point of view. They are trying to have fun but keep getting interrupted by guys constantly intervening with hit and runs. When I try to get a quick and easy rollover at a table I have no business playing, I make sure I stick around awhile and actually play even though the rollover is met.

I rarely, I mean very rarely, criticize others unless it's in jest. I am not criticizing you but I have one bit of advice that you may want to consider....

just because use you can do something, doesn't mean you should.

GL at the tables.
    Points Awarded:

BeerDog99 gave qwertvt 123 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BigOrange, and blankoblanco

blankoblanco

Yo qwert, I understand where you're coming from, and I appreciate the respectful tone in your response. It's just that I've experienced rudeness and berating just from trying to buy in with rollover on the only table that's running. So I sympathize with others who are treated that way. And it's like, well often I have 300 or less points in a rollover and nothing in my wallet, so, I'm sorry I can't buy in full but I want to use this rollover and either bust or possibly get a pizza card. If that makes me satan then forgive me, but it's not like there are constantly games running at all stakes all the time on SBR

Also, the berating I'm talking about personally never involved HU play. It was 5 or 6 handed. I'd always respect HU requests between players who were already there and didn't want a shortstack interfering. If there are 5 people playing at 3/6 and I have a rollover I want to either clear or bust quickly, I'm going to buy in for my 150 or whatever. If people don't like that, sorry, but I'm not super interested in the cash games, just want to use up my rollover and maybe get a gift card. I don't sit there shortstacking for an hour, I either double up or bust quickly, so it shouldn't ruin your experience that much, and it's the only thing I can do with a 100-300 rollover

bobbywaves
    bobbywaves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

I try to be efficient with my rollovers and not waste time.
    If that's the case, then you should be flipping your rolls for the highest efficiency possible.

blankoblanco

Quote Originally Posted by bobbywaves View Post
    If that's the case, then you should be flipping your rolls for the highest efficiency possible.
    Funny thing is I actually mostly flip, lol. A few people around here know that because they've flipped with me on numerous occasions. It's just not always easy to find people to flip with. Many times I've asked a table if anyone wanted to flip and got no responses. LMK though in the future, because I have multiple rollovers to clear

BeerDog99
    BeerDog99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 177

The only time I ever buyin short is with the baby rollovers on a near full table. But I never hit and run, if I rollover the small amount I will continue to rebuy in with the correct amount from a larger rollover. I really wish SBR allowed the rollovers to be pooled, then we would rarely see the small buyins (except for the nits).
    Points Awarded:

BigOrange gave BeerDog99 25 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BigOrange, and qwertvt

bobbywaves
    bobbywaves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

Funny thing is I actually mostly flip, lol. A few people around here know that because they've flipped with me on numerous occasions. It's just not always easy to find people to flip with. Many times I've asked a table if anyone wanted to flip and got no responses. LMK though in the future, because I have multiple rollovers to clear
    Never knew you were a flipper, good to know. Many have learned over time that flipping is the most efficient way to clear rolls. Consequently, the flipping community has grown larger. When you realize who the flippers are, you can simply send a PM to your flip partner to set up an appointment & save time.

blankoblanco

Yeah, sounds good. Been away from SBR poker for a bit so I sadly can't really remember the usernames of those I've flipped with in the past but they might remember me and I'd probably recognize their names if I see them. Now that I'm playing the tournaments daily, should have rollovers to flip pretty often if it's in the evening from like 6-8 pm est or so, so hit me up

qwertvt
    qwertvt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Quote Originally Posted by BeerDog99 View Post
    I really wish SBR allowed the rollovers to be pooled . . .
    Thanks for the points BD. I am going to start being frugal until I hit the 3k renewal mark.

As for the above statement you made, I am in complete agreement.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

hasn't it been discussed that merely flipping is against the rules here at SBR and anyone caught doing so will be banned

Though I agree with Big O on this its pointless to try to explain the logic to the few mental midgets who think its alright to show up at a 3/6 table with 120 chips and just go all in when they get any PP and then leave 15 minutes later

BeerDog99

Flipping without the collusion of evening up is perfectly fine from a rules perspective but it does go against the intent of the Rollover requirement and the community of poker players here.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

flippers......

guys like waves......

as for B-O's problem with smaller stacks, he's essentially saying don't play with him unless you have a first place finish to roll over......

unfortunately, the 3-6 game has been the only f'n game being played as of late..... and I had to clear a 250 pt rollover, and a 120.... and I joined the f'n game...... after no one would join me in the 1-2 or 2-4 tables......

it's not a question of being "short-stacked" per se, it's a f'n question of having to use those specific lower amounts that can't be pooled to buy in for more.....

while I have honored big O's request to bail when I was similarly "short stacked" with a smallish rollover, I don't see a problem with letting those stacks play.... generally you can run them over......

well, not the way big o and bosco play, they generally will double you up with their play in relatively short order, as they did with MrKLC and myself a few nights ago.... but, in general, bigger stacks that have chipped up should see those small stacks as mostly irrelevant and having minimal impact on the game (until, of course, they become larger after doubling up thru big O, bosco, try try try, and the other players who have a range of any two f'n cards).....

boscokid
    boscokid's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    well, not the way big o and bosco play, they generally will double you up with their play in relatively short order, as they did with MrKLC and myself a few nights ago.... but, in general, bigger stacks that have chipped up should see those small stacks as mostly irrelevant and having minimal impact on the game (until, of course, they become larger after doubling up thru big O, bosco, try try try, and the other players who have a range of any two f'n cards).....
    This is penetrating insulting.

Anybody who plays with me should know my range is 'any one f'n card'
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 4 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BeerDog99, sinmiedo, Auto Donk, and spider

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

Quote Originally Posted by boscokid View Post
    This is penetrating insulting.

Anybody who plays with me should know my range is 'any one f'n card'

BeerDog99

Having Bosco at the table, just makes the game better!

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

Quote Originally Posted by BeerDog99 View Post
    Having Bosco at the table, just makes the game better!
    Lost 600 ACTUAL POINTS the other night against him with my JJ vs his 4-7 off.......

Bosco just a winner in life

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

bosco's poker strategy, which he willingly professes often at whatever table he is at, is simple:

he "simply pushes the buttons and SBR does the rest"

bosco is an atm machine, provided his 23 offsuit doesn't crack your overpair.....

BeerDog99

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    bosco's poker strategy, which he willingly professes often at whatever table he is at, is simple:

he "simply pushes the buttons and SBR does the rest"

bosco is an atm machine, provided his 23 offsuit doesn't crack your overpair.....
    This minimizes bosco's playing style. He is action oriented (that is why I love him a the table) but he generally gets his money in good and pushes players to make decisions.

dlowilly

Some of you are missing the point of a short buy in

It's the same idea behind a parlay or making one pass line bet with full odds at a craps table. You risk a little trying to build it in to something big. Now I'm sure the house (or players like bigorange who like to accumulate huge stacks and run people over) would love for you to risk more against them, but too bad. I'm not there to hit and run, I'm there to build it in to 1000.

Buying in short doesn't ruin or slow down the game, it frustrates big stacked players who can't then intimidate you. To that I say....wahhhh!

1234 ... Last