USA! USA! USA!
    sweep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2457

Ballerholic
    Ballerholic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1806

Poker
    Total: $49.87

The past few days have gone pretty bad. I only played 20nl and 30nl tables. At the moment in total at these higher stakes I'm -$35, so not too bad. I'll continue playing these games over the weekend, and we'll see how they go.

Sports
    ATS: 10-11 $53.27
    Teaser: 2-1 $3
    ML: $104.70
    Props: 1-3 $39
    Parlay: 1-0 $10

Total: $19.43

Baylor -2

Minnesota +1.5

Louisville -4

Butler -5

Patriots -14 -133 (previous play) 2u

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

I used to stake poker players back in the day for small stakes, never worked out well as they don't give a fukk

seems you are disciplined enough, good luck

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

note: micro stakes not small stakes

Ballerholic

Yea rudy from what I've seen microstakes players don't make too much playing so when they experience a downswing or can't beat the next level they get frustrated and tilt or stop playing. It's probably not worth their time to go from making pennies to bigger pennies.

D. Freeman Under 62.5 rushing yards

Falcons -6.5

Ballerholic

Live Falcons-Seahawks Under 17.5 2Q -120

Ballerholic

Patriots-Texans Under 44

B. Osweiler Under 0.5 TD +175

B. Osweiler Under 207.5 Passing Yards

Ballerholic

Poker
    Total: $16.71

Things haven't been going too well at the higher limits which are the only ones I've played this weekend. 20nl has gone pretty well and I'm winning at 3bb/100 although I am running below ev, but at 30nl I'm -8bb/100. So maybe I should just stick with 20nl for now. Anyway, I've just contacted a coach and I should be starting a session with him sometime this week. He beat 30nl for 5bb/100 and mainly plays 50nl. I definitely think I can beat 30nl over a long sample especially after finding out where my leaks were, but having a coach will definitely help. The main issue I've had is that at 10nl there are a lot of players that will bluff the river big without really knowing why that bluff works. Where are 30nl almost no player bluffs the river, which is why the total amount lost on river calls is the same amount I've lost in total. I've definitely have gotten better since playing some 30nl over the weekend though. From what I've heard 30nl plays weak tight where 50nl plays much looser/aggro similar to 10nl. Maybe I should just play 50nl.

Sports
    ATS: 12-13 $46.27
    ML: $104.70
    Props: 3-4 $29

Total: $36.43

Sports betting has gone very well over the past week. Time to keep rolling.

E. Elliot O102.5 Rushing yards

A. Rodgers O40.5 Pass attempts -120

Cowboys -5 -115

Ballerholic

Steelers +2.5

Rodriguez -420 vs Penn

Ballerholic

Poker
    Total: $9.23

Lost a little. 29.5/100 hours played so far this month. Not bad for only being back a week so far. Time to pick up the pace though. Still in the green at least.

Sports
    ATS: 13-14 $47.77
    ML: 8-0 $114.70
    Props: 5-4 $9

Total: $64.93

Pacers -5.5

Wizards -4

Parlay- Warriors -2, Butler -2

Hawks -3.5

Ballerholic

Iowa State +3

Ballerholic

Poker
    Total: $31.60

Unfortunately I've lost a bit more playing some higher stakes, but I think I've been able to figure out what I've been doing wrong and plug a few leaks. I've got a coaching session tomorrow and I want to play a few more hands at the higher limits before I get some advice. For the record 20nl has been fine with no issues, 30nl fast poker is what has been my issue. Anyway I've got a pretty aggressive plan set in place, but I'll probably post that here later on. Time for some 30nl snap...

Sports
    ATS: 14-17 $70.77
    Parlay: 2-0 $20

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!

Quote Originally Posted by Ballerholic View Post
    Poker
    Total: $31.60

Unfortunately I've lost a bit more playing some higher stakes, but I think I've been able to figure out what I've been doing wrong and plug a few leaks. I've got a coaching session tomorrow and I want to play a few more hands at the higher limits before I get some advice. For the record 20nl has been fine with no issues, 30nl fast poker is what has been my issue. Anyway I've got a pretty aggressive plan set in place, but I'll probably post that here later on. Time for some 30nl snap...

Sports
    ATS: 14-17 $70.77

Love the aggressive plan idea....do that for the 1st quarter of the year then evaluate.

By the way, thanks for the HM2 recommendation....best thing i ever did for my game

Ballerholic

Sweep- No problem man, I've recently switched over to HM2 from PT4 and I'm having difficulties learning how it works. They are similar, but so much different at the same time. Anyway, yea HM2 is a must for your game if you are a serious player. Even if you don't use a HUD just having your stats checked is worth it.

So basically I am taking an aggressive approach to poker. My total BR at the moment is just under $300, but I am still playing 30nl fast tables. Basically I've been crushing the 10nl games and I see no reason to have anymore than 10BIs which allows me to use the rest of the BR for some 30nl. The funny thing is that 20nl has been gone pretty well for me, but at the site I play there is no 20nl fast tables which is why I am so attracted to 30nl. After playing ~4k hands of 30nl I've found leaks that were killing my game. Basically calling a cold call out of the SB and BB with marginal hands just because of "odds" were really hurting my game. Let's say UTG opens and MP calls and in the SB or BB you have 75s. Although this hand seems like a great hand to call with, I've found most people aren't going crazy when I hit a flush or straight with my hand so I'm not getting enough value because most people aren't crazy aggro at this level. Now let's say the hand is KT. Well this is a terrible hand because 1) If a K comes on the flop and K they hit will have a higher kicker. 2) If the board runs out AQJ they are going to be worried about sets,2 pairs, straights in a mw pot. So it is very player dependent. I'm sure at the higher level games like 50nl or 100nl they would 100% be profitable calls with suited one gappers and better. Another area I lacked in was not 3betting enough and not isolating fish enough. Fish are going to make mistakes for than we are so we want to play pots with them. So if they limp or minbet they usually don't have a very strong hand, and if we isolate big a lot of times they will call with bad hands and even if they have a good hand we can still outplay them postflop. 3bet pots are probably the hardest for most players to play. Most players don't understand odds and are scared of these. So let's put them in tough spots. Most people overfold to 3bets and if they do 66% of the time, we autoprofit. Secondly, a lot will play postflop terribly. Some fold straight away to a cbet if they miss, some will donk right away with TP which automatically let's us know if we are good or not. Some of them even bet really big in 3bet pots postflop which is a huge leak as betting 1/2 pot can easily get money all in on the river. So if he bets bigger postflop we can continue with less of our range without being exploited. When I first starting playing 30nl and moving up I thought everybody was trying to abuse me and bully me. It was all just in my head and made me play bad poker. After the past few sessions I feel pretty confident now I can definitely beat this stake and I really think I'll be able to move up to 50nl in a few weeks.

Ballerholic

So basically the strategy is to play 30nl and mix in some 20nl games until I can build a roll up to ~$750. I'm really hoping that will take 3 weeks max. From there I will begin some 50nl and try to make it as a reg there. I've decided I'm going to invest in getting the pro poker coach. He charges a high rate, but what winning poker player wouldn't? I'll make all of the money spent on coaching back at some stage later on and I'll definitely do it much faster by getting a really good coach. Tonight I've got a coaching session with a 30nl-50nl reg just to tune up my game and find some leaks. Anyway the goal for Jan. 23 is to have a $350 BR.

BeerDog99
    BeerDog99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 177

Good luck Baller!

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!

HM2 youtube videos are great, i suggest checking those out

Ballerholic

Beer- Thanks man good luck too!

Sweep- Yea I need to do that. I assume it would be time consuming though. I'll sit down and do it sometime this week.

Will update later, but a few plays for today...

Creighton -5.5

Notre Dame -7.5

Ballerholic

Poker
    Total: $61.45

Wow!!! What a turn around! I got coaching from another 30nl/50nl reg who plays my stakes Thursday night and since then I've made $144.46! BR at the moment is up to $311.39. So things are definitely going well so far, especially after getting some coaching. I'm now looking into getting some coaching from a 100nl zoom player. But I'll probably hold off on that until I move up to 50nl. 61/100 hours played this month, need to have a busy week grinding...Also I still don't know why I'm not an SBR Pro yet? I sent in my application 2 weeks ago....

Sports
    ATS: 15-18 $71.90

Total:
    $50.80
    Points Awarded:

sweep gave Ballerholic 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Ballerholic

Thanks sweep

So who are we thinking for tonight? Patriots vs Steelers? Falcons vs Packers?

Packers vs Falcons- This game really is troubling me. Originally I was convinced the Packers were the right play. They have been the hotter team and Rodgers is the much better QB. Now against the Giants they couldn't get anything going, but in the second half they annihilated one of the best defenses in the league. Against the Cowboys they dominated, but in the 2nd half they regressed and Dallas found a way to come back and win if not for AROD. Now the Falcons could have been blown out in the first half if not for a few mistakes by Seattle. But they got things going and pretty much dominated the game after that. Seattle has a much better defense than GB and maybe that's what gave the Falcons issues at first as well as not being as ready to go after having two weeks off. I can only imagine what the Falcons will do to the GB Defense. The one thing that really has me leaning towards the Falcons is that the bookies don't give out free money and don't make the same mistake twice. They have GB +6 again for the second time and must have known they would be a public fave.

Patriots vs Steelers- I really think that the Patriots are the play here. Better Defense and very good offense. It's going to be a very interesting game, but Tom Brady is just too good ATS at home to be faded. Steelers had trouble last week against the Chiefs and now they have to play the patriots...

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!

im on atlanta.....no opinion on late game.

GL

Ballerholic

Good luck sweep!

Montgomery Over 48.5 Rushing Yards +100

Packers/Falcons Over 60.5 -108

Ballerholic

Patriots -5.5 -115

Ballerholic

Poker
    Total: $161.87

I'm up about $90 today after putting in a really good grind. Poker seems to be coming along very well and I feel very comfortable at 30nl right now. I am running pretty hot at the moment so I should come down. Anyway the BR goal of $350 was easily hit today, right now it stands at $400. The goal now is to hit $600 by Jan 30th. Hopefully things go well so I can shot take 50nl in the next couple of weeks!

Sports
    ATS: 17-18 $51.90
    Props: 5-5 $19

Total: $60.80

Patriots and the over luckily for the Packers/Falcons, unfortunately the Packers decided not to run the ball at all! Anyway, after seeing the Superbowl lines I don't see how I'm going to stop myself from throwing all of my winnings for the year on the Patriots. The line just does not make any sense.

Hornets -3.5

Pacers -5.5

Jazz -5.5

Ballerholic

Poker
    Total: $78.53

Unfortunately I hit a downswing an
    d lost a few buyins yesterday. I'll definitely be putting in a decent grind today and try to make some of that back. At the moment I'm beating the regular tables at 20nl and 30nl pretty handidly, but I'm barely winning at the 30nl fast poker tables. Again this is much better than when I was losing really badly at this when I first took a shot. I definitely need to limit the amount I tilt at that stake, but I do have some skill leaks as well. I'm currently in contact with some professional players so hopefully I'll have a lesson by the end of the week with one of them. Currently I am on pace to shot take 50nl in about 1 weeks time so as long as I don't hit a bad downswing that will happen.

Sports
    ATS: 17-21 $85.90
    Props: 5-5 $19

Total: $26.80

Ballerholic

wow the grind today has been insane! I tilted a bit and went down -$60, but ended up playing some 30nl snap and am now in the profit +$10 for the day. Going to skype with my coach later to discuss a few things and come up with a plan of action. I'll also get a few more hands in before the end of the day. I'm going to review some of my earlier play right now and try to see what mistakes I've made and how much it cost me.

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!

couple of Q's for you Baller...

Are you paying for this coaching?

Is this coming from 2+2 forum?

What are some points of focus that your coach has you highlighting in your game?

Ballerholic

Hey sweep.

Yea I'm paying $50 hourly for this coaching. I'm setup for 1x a week ATM. Basically this guy streams 50NL zoom and has like a 10evbb/100 which is insane. But he's only taking a select few students since he wants to focus on 100nl zoom and luckily I got in on time. In the first session he wants me to play more hands/3bet more/defend BB wider. We talked about some specific hands and really going into thinking about what range our villain has in certain spots which allows us to call more. And if we block some of villains bluffin range then he more than likely is holding a value hand. Anyway he's giving me some videos to watch on runitonce and we're meeting again next week.

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!

Quote Originally Posted by Ballerholic View Post
    Hey sweep.

Yea I'm paying $50 hourly for this coaching. I'm setup for 1x a week ATM. Basically this guy streams 50NL zoom and has like a 10evbb/100 which is insane. But he's only taking a select few students since he wants to focus on 100nl zoom and luckily I got in on time. In the first session he wants me to play more hands/3bet more/defend BB wider. We talked about some specific hands and really going into thinking about what range our villain has in certain spots which allows us to call more. And if we block some of villains bluffin range then he more than likely is holding a value hand. Anyway he's giving me some videos to watch on runitonce and we're meeting again next week.

Nice, seems like $50/wk will smash your bankroll but if it helps you improve your game then its worth over the long run. Keep me posted

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!

bought a 55" inch smart tv for the game room specifically for poker.....multi tabling on Stars and sports on the other 2 smaller Tv's.

[IMG][/IMG]

Ballerholic

Update

So I've hit a pretty bad downswing at the moment. Just keep getting rivered after being a 85% favorite going into the river for stacks. It's been unfortunate for me lately, but obviously things will turn around. Unfortunately after paying for coaching and this downswing my BR is at $120. I'll be putting some more into cash into the BR later this week. My game is definitely getting better and I am studying way more. I just got a runitonce subscription which is a training site I definitely recommend. Anyway with the Superbowl coming up I'm thinking about using all of the money I make this week from poker to throw onto the game. So far I like Pats -3. Hopefully things go well this week and then I can double up on Sunday!! I'll update the results daily.

Ballerholic

and sweep that's an insane setup!!! Haha I can't believe you are using a 55 inch tv as your monitor.

Ballerholic

Well yesterday did not go so well. I played 6 hours and was up $30 with 30 minutes left to go where I punted away $71 leaving me for a total of -$41 for the day. So that's the bad news and maybe I played too long, but I still shouldn't tilt like that. The good news is that I just got my paycheck for the upcoming month so I am planning on depositing some of this amount onto pokerstars and will start some 25nl over there. I really want to play on a site where I can use a HUD while playing. Also from what I've heard stars is pretty soft at the moment.

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!

Currently in a stretch of a morbid run of cards right.....3 winning sessions in last 12. Curbed stomped right now

Ballerholic

damn sweep at least we can go thru this together. Today so far I'm down around $70, so that's about $110 since yesterday. Things are not going well at all. Anyway, my account was frozen on stars for some reason, but I'm moving my funds over there. I'll be taking a 4 BI shot at 25nl, if not I'll go play 10nl. I'm trying to practice proper BRM since I've always been so aggressive. I've got about $400 in my BR, so at $300 we go down to 10nl. Good luck!

First 12345 ... Last