Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

Any Of You Boyz Watching The WSOP.....?

The British dude who enjoys annoying the crap out of all his opponents is the most compelling villain I've seen in decades. You'll want to throw a brick thru your TV.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

I don't understand why people like watching others gamble

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24857

Quote Originally Posted by Harry N. Lloyd View Post
    The British dude who enjoys annoying the crap out of all his opponents is the most compelling villain I've seen in decades. You'll want to throw a brick thru your TV.
    Harry, I've commented about it another thread (in this forum). IMHO, Kassouff is big-dick. But you're right, it's compelling TV. The episodes are getting to L27 now. Kassouff is a magnet for attention.

He's played some big hands, including the debated hand where he incurred a penalty but got the woman to fold a monster (QQ).

I saw one big hand where opponent went All-In but Kassouff wimped out on flush-draw. I think he was getting appropriate odds to call.

Harry N. Lloyd

Chucky, sorry.....makes sense that others were talking about this guy too. He's an Omarasa type, Pucky from MTV, Richard the nudist from Survivor. This bloke is doing everything he can to make himself the centerpiece.....And it's working!! He's a good player though but damn has he been getting some good hands and his flustered opponents can't catch a break. I'll definitely be watching the next round!

Harry N. Lloyd

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    The WSOP is good viewing, so long as you can handle the incessant bad humor of Norm Chad (is that his name?)...

JayLA
    On to the next one...
    JayLA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1219

Guy's a total clown.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I watched parts of it it's not that bad I rather watch the poker tour

KickShootThrow
    Make SBR Sharp Again!
    KickShootThrow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 277

Quote Originally Posted by Harry N. Lloyd View Post
    I have to disagree with you, I rather enjoy watching his speech play. It seems literally everyone else on the tables gang up on him. Cliff Josephy even callls this guy 'a clown' repeatedly several times. It's definitely not something he should be doing on the feature table.

Harry N. Lloyd

I ain't saying saying I don't enjoy watching it. Hell, we all rubberneck to watch car crashes, don't we? I'm just saying this dude is intentionally being a first-class flaming Dbag in an attempt to get everyone else off his game. And so far it's working! He'll be lucky if he doesn't catch a beatdown in the parking garage.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47642

Kassouf is a douche but that is part of his game

How about the fold by James Obst? Folding his full house and calling out the opponent's straight flush?

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

xdodger19
    xdodger19's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6219

That fold on the full house was epic, but he had the low end of a boat

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by xdodger19 View Post
    That fold on the full house was epic, but he had the low end of a boat
    that fold is the single most impressive thing I've seen this WSOP..

Obst is probably one of the best players that noone knows about. He has been crushing it online since he was 15 years old(underage and he was actually outed by another player..google it if you like). I did a little research about him and he has battled for years with health issues but seems to be fine now after figuring out the root of the problem. He also seems to be a really good person off the felt, which is few and far between in the poker industry...mature beyond his years and I'm a fan.

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!
    sweep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2457

can pick up alot on Twitch, just gotta weed through the BS

stackz125
    stackz125's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 362

I kin of like his play. He is doing NOTHING wrong and it's pissing off the other people which makes it funny.

bobbywaves
    bobbywaves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

I don't understand why people make blank posts, elaborate moron.

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

http://www.cardplayer.com/poker-news...oker-broadcast

Watching the latest episodes and the feature table, especially johnnybax, is way out of line in regards to Kasouff. He mindfuk'd them so hard they will probably be embarrassed to watch it play out on ESPN. They couldn't even comprehend time near the end it was beautiful. Great display of poker psychology. Can't say Kasouff was a classy player but he didn't do anything to deserve a badgering from Effel plus the table of weaklings ganging up on him.

Beyond my twisted love of poker degeneracy I'm also not happy that ESPN is airing this garbage. What potential new player would watch all these arguments and other buffoonery and decide to try a WSOP tourney next year? ESPN is too fukin dumb to realize the fish want bad beats and feel good stories, not the brutal reality of live poker.

blankoblanco
    blankoblanco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29922

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    that fold is the single most impressive thing I've seen this WSOP..

Obst is probably one of the best players that noone knows about. He has been crushing it online since he was 15 years old(underage and he was actually outed by another player..google it if you like). I did a little research about him and he has battled for years with health issues but seems to be fine now after figuring out the root of the problem. He also seems to be a really good person off the felt, which is few and far between in the poker industry...mature beyond his years and I'm a fan.
    I thought so too, and then I saw him make the insane (and wrong) fold of the flush on episode 14, with almost no stack. You see that one? So I dunno, I'm sure James Obst is very good but also likes to try a bit too hard to make hero folds.

blankoblanco

Quote Originally Posted by SharpAngles View Post
    http://www.cardplayer.com/poker-news...oker-broadcast

Watching the latest episodes and the feature table, especially johnnybax, is way out of line in regards to Kasouff. He mindfuk'd them so hard they will probably be embarrassed to watch it play out on ESPN. They couldn't even comprehend time near the end it was beautiful. Great display of poker psychology. Can't say Kasouff was a classy player but he didn't do anything to deserve a badgering from Effel plus the table of weaklings ganging up on him.

Beyond my twisted love of poker degeneracy I'm also not happy that ESPN is airing this garbage. What potential new player would watch all these arguments and other buffoonery and decide to try a WSOP tourney next year? ESPN is too fukin dumb to realize the fish want bad beats and feel good stories, not the brutal reality of live poker.
    Also, I agree they were very unfair to Kassouf and it felt like a mob mentality sort of thing. I get if they were annoyed with him taking too long in too many hands, but his talk in heads up pots was being held against him, even though that's always been a part of the game. Daniel Negreanu has made a living of the same stuff Kassouf was getting reprimanded for, simply because the rest of the table disliked him and ganged up on him.

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Bet Griffin Benger to win it all

Harry N. Lloyd

http://nypost.com/2016/10/25/nasty-f...of-poker-hand/

That limey prick finally went down in flames. Ding dong the witch is dead!!

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by blankoblanco View Post
    I thought so too, and then I saw him make the insane (and wrong) fold of the flush on episode 14, with almost no stack. You see that one? So I dunno, I'm sure James Obst is very good but also likes to try a bit too hard to make hero folds.
    yes, I watched that last night and could not believe he folded

you look like a genius when you're right and an idiot when wrong

he has played enough at the highest level online and live and must have put the Asian on a set

JAKEPEAVY21

my view on Kassouf has changed somewhat. I think the speech play is fascinating, my issue with him is the needless stalling and time wasting. I also did not like the way he rubbed that bluff in the woman's face but he never once called anyone names as numerous others did to him. I do think that poker has lost some of the social aspect with so many young wizards only playing based on math, wearing hoodies and glasses and never/rarely talking at the table.

The way Kassouf was treated late in the tournament by the players and tournament directors was a joke. Numerous players deserved penalties for the name calling and their behavior and the tournament directors were grasping for straws and making up rules to punish him. The rest of the table was also openly colluding against him saying "It's us against him". I have watched a few interviews and podcasts with Kassouf and overall he does not seem like such a bad guy but he is clearly a narcissist.

I lost a lot of respect for Cliff Josephy and he came off looking really bad in a couple of the episodes. Also Griffin benger came off looking like an idiot.

SharpAngles

^ the TD calling "one player to a hand" when he asks if they want a call is a classic moment. As these episodes move along I find myself liking Kassouf more and everyone else less. Johnnybax is a legend but I've lost some respect for him too. He's been around long enough to see through Kasoufs antics.
    Points Awarded:

JAKEPEAVY21 gave SharpAngles 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Harry N. Lloyd

Kassouf deserves to be beaten to a pulp. I'd watch that. He's a world-class dick.....

blankoblanco

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    Also Griffin benger came off looking like an idiot.
    Dude that's verbal abuse. You're verbally abusing him right now. Check yourself! Check your privilege!

Yeah, that guy's a complete tool.

SharpAngles

Quote Originally Posted by blankoblanco View Post
    Dude that's verbal abuse. You're verbally abusing him right now. Check yourself! Check your privilege!

Yeah, that guy's a complete tool.
    You better check your privilege

SharpAngles

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ChuckyTheGoat

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24857

Is it possible that Benger came off as a bigger dick than Kassouff?

SharpAngles

Quite possible chuckster. He def lost me once he started the verbal abuse rant, ironically as he was verbally abusing William. The douche meter moves for all players involved IMO but pegs out for the "Pros" at the table. Not very professional to berate the fish which Kassouf obviously was. The more he talked the more info he gave away. How dare he!

The stalling and time wasting was out of line but that's also up to the "pros" to act professionally and call the fukin clock on him.

SEKTAUR
    SEKTAUR's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19040

The guy in the Toronto hat was being such a whiny bitchh. Kasouf was not verbally abusive at all in that moment.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15111

Maybe Berger was trying to induce the shove???

SharpAngles

SUN 8:05aOdds to win 2016 World Series Of Poker Main Event.

• Cliff Josephy+225
    • Qui Nguyen+400
    • Gordon Vayo+500
    • Kenny Hallaert+500
    • Griffin Benger+900
    • Michael Ruane+900
    • Vojtech Ruzicka+900
    • Jerry Wong+2500
    • Fernando Pons+4000

+1 BET
    • POKER LINES
    • WSOP 2016

I think Hallaert and Ruane have some value here. Wong may be a nice dog at that price too

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by SharpAngles View Post
    SUN 8:05aOdds to win 2016 World Series Of Poker Main Event.

• Cliff Josephy+225
    • Qui Nguyen+400
    • Gordon Vayo+500
    • Kenny Hallaert+500
    • Griffin Benger+900
    • Michael Ruane+900
    • Vojtech Ruzicka+900
    • Jerry Wong+2500
    • Fernando Pons+4000

+1 BET
    • POKER LINES
    • WSOP 2016

I think Hallaert and Ruane have some value here. Wong may be a nice dog at that price too
    I like Vayo at +500

1234 ... Last