sweep
    USA! USA! USA!
    sweep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2457

Quote Originally Posted by Ballerholic View Post
    Whatsup sweep? Chicago is going well, hanging with the boys and seeing the fam. Playing a lot of xbox too. I joined ACR and it's been alright, but I haven't been able to play much. My girl just arrived yesterday to meet me so now I'll be able to play almost no hours. But when I get back to Europe I'll have a lot of time to grind.

I haven't received the contract yet for the backing deal, but it is something where we split any profits 50/50 and I assume if I go on a losing streak they pay for it. We split daily as well. Here is the thread on 2+2 (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/22...aking-1640617/). The only thing mandatory is that I play on Natural8 poker which is an asian site. It's safe and I've played 100 hands on there before, very safe. Seems fishy too with all of the asian players, but no HUD is allowed to be used. 35% RB though. How's your grind going?
    sounds good baller....going pretty well over here. Going to eagles/dallas game tomorrow so stayed home today for New Years eve and played about 8hrs. Picked up 348. Tailgating at 8am so didnt wanna be hung over for game. Long day of drinking tomorrow.....i should prob hide my laptop lol

Ballerholic
    Ballerholic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1806

Damn sweep that's insane! Yea definitely stay away from poker and keep building that roll up. Soon enough you'll be playing high stakes if you keep it up. The Cowboys game definitely showed how bad Sanchez is as a QB. I really think the Giants might come out of the NFC, just because I don't see a rookie QB being able to get it done.

Anyway guys, happy new year! So far I've made a decent amount from sports betting the past few days. I'll have to keep that up. I'm thinking of possibly starting a new thread in the poker forum. One where I keep track daily and post daily thoughts/picks/updates. Then I can keep this thread as one for monthly updates towards the overall goal. This thread has been all over the place with long breaks and a new thread will hopefully motivate me. I'll also do point giveaways in the new thread as well for different reasons so come on in!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: sweep

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!

I just checked out that staking link on 2+2....guys initial post reads like an infomercial lol. Im very curious to see how this goes for you. If you wouldnt mind starting a new "staking" thread here I'd like to follow it closely. GL!

Ballerholic

Definitely sweep. I'm very curious as well. I did have to provide my graphs for the past 6 months at various stakes/sites to apply for the staking. So they do know that I have been pretty successful at 10nl and think I'll be a winning player at 25nl. We'll see how things go when I hit a bad streak though lol. Hopefully they don't bail. The other thread is live now, so this thread will most likely be used for monthly updates on the goal to 100k.

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!

Definitely sweep. I'm very curious as well. I did have to provide my graphs for the past 6 months at various stakes/sites to apply for the staking. So they do know that I have been pretty successful at 10nl and think I'll be a winning player at 25nl. We'll see how things go when I hit a bad streak though lol. Hopefully they don't bail. The other thread is live now, so this thread will most likely be used for monthly updates on the goal to 100k.

how do you get graphs on your play? Is that something the site you play on provides?

Ballerholic

There is software that tracks all of the hands you play and they go into your database and the software will tell you your winnings/losses/hands played/time/ and it can tell you how often you checkraised the turn etc. It's extremely advanced. Lookup PokerTracker 4 or Holdem Manager 2. I've personally have both and when I'm playing a Heads up Display comes on and I can see how often my opponent opens or raises or does something in a certain situation. If you play on Pokerstars you can definitely use this software, on bovada you can use this software, but you need a different program to use the Heads up Display. If on pokerstars use the trail of either of the two types of software.

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!

There is software that tracks all of the hands you play and they go into your database and the software will tell you your winnings/losses/hands played/time/ and it can tell you how often you checkraised the turn etc. It's extremely advanced. Lookup PokerTracker 4 or Holdem Manager 2. I've personally have both and when I'm playing a Heads up Display comes on and I can see how often my opponent opens or raises or does something in a certain situation. If you play on Pokerstars you can definitely use this software, on bovada you can use this software, but you need a different program to use the Heads up Display. If on pokerstars use the trail of either of the two types of software.

the use of HUD's is not allowed on PSNJ:

In general, what kinds of tools and services are prohibited?

The following types of tools and services are prohibited:

1. Any tool or service that shares hole card data with other players or services is colluding, and is prohibited.‡
    2. Any tool or service that works off of a central database of player profiles, hands played or private results is prohibited.
    3. Any tool or service that plays without human intervention (a ‘bot’) or reduces the requirement of a human playing. For instance, an ‘auto-folder’ is prohibited.
    4. The practice of datamining (observing games without playing in order to build up a database of hand histories for future reference) is prohibited.
    5. Any tool or service that offers real-time commentary or advice on the current game state that goes beyond reporting data and statistics.
    6. Any tool or service that is targeted towards the manipulation of opponents in games in which you are unable to choose a specific table to play on, such as Spin & Go’s

Hosting live streams on Twitch and other similar services is not considered as sharing hole card data.

BeerDog99
    BeerDog99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 177

I do not believe Pokertracker (I cannot comment on Holdem Manager as I have not used it) violates any of these guidelines.

Quote Originally Posted by sweep View Post
    the use of HUD's is not allowed on PSNJ:

In general, what kinds of tools and services are prohibited?

The following types of tools and services are prohibited:

1. Any tool or service that shares hole card data with other players or services is colluding, and is prohibited.‡
    2. Any tool or service that works off of a central database of player profiles, hands played or private results is prohibited.
    3. Any tool or service that plays without human intervention (a ‘bot’) or reduces the requirement of a human playing. For instance, an ‘auto-folder’ is prohibited.
    4. The practice of datamining (observing games without playing in order to build up a database of hand histories for future reference) is prohibited.
    5. Any tool or service that offers real-time commentary or advice on the current game state that goes beyond reporting data and statistics.
    6. Any tool or service that is targeted towards the manipulation of opponents in games in which you are unable to choose a specific table to play on, such as Spin & Go’s

Hosting live streams on Twitch and other similar services is not considered as sharing hole card data.

Ballerholic

so sweep you might not be able to get a HUD to display when you are playing, but you should be able to use the software to collect your hand history and have that save those to your database so you can analyse later. Ask Pokertracker 4 support or HM2 support on 2+2.

BeerDog99
    BeerDog99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 177

When I play at Pokerstars, I know it works with the PokerTracker 4 HUD.

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!

thanks guys, ill look into this further tomorrow and report back....

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!

couldnt find anything on 2+2 about PT4 third party software rules for PSNJ....I just email PS support to see if it is allowed and if so are there any restrictions.

Ballerholic

Yea that's fine sweep. They will get back to you soon enough. You will be amazed at how much PT4 will help your game and even just organise your results/statistics better

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!

Ok so PSNJ support said that HM2 is allowed to track hands that you have physically played in yourself.....PT4 is also allowed but they said it must be a certain version to be compliant with their T&C.

I downloaded the HM2 30-day free trial, i didnt want to buy it yet as they said HM3 beta is already available (should i just wait for HM3 release?).

I'll be playing a few hours today and tinkering with HM2

Any tips?

Ballerholic

I haven't heard of HM3, but I'll look into it. I've always used PT4, but the coaches I want to get all use HM2 so I decided to get HM2 as well. I haven't played much with HM2 so I can't tell you too much about it. Just watch some tutorial videos on it as that's what I'm going to be doing within the next week.

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!

I haven't heard of HM3, but I'll look into it. I've always used PT4, but the coaches I want to get all use HM2 so I decided to get HM2 as well. I haven't played much with HM2 so I can't tell you too much about it. Just watch some tutorial videos on it as that's what I'm going to be doing within the next week.
    once I downloaded HM2 and opened the interface it had a hot link to HM3 Beta- available to first 100 people per day...
    I click the hot link but it said that todays 100x slots were full already....

This was ~6am est so im assuming at 12:01am everyday the 100 slots are being eaten up immediatley lol

Ballerholic

oh okay haha, I'll definitely try to snag one of those if I can

Ballerholic

January Update

Profit: $138

It was a funny month. I was crushing 10nl fast poker so I decided to shot take some 30nl which is 3x the size. I ran into some issues there which was really because my perception of playing higher stakes made me think they are all bluff crazy and bullying types. So I ran very very poor until I got my first coaching session and I've been slightly winning/BE since then. The good news is that I am a 30nl reg at the moment so it definitely can replace a part time job as long as I can improve my game. At the moment I've got 1 coaching session a week with a 100nl zoom grinder so I expect to be moving up stakes relatively quickly due to this.

Goals
    -Shot take 50nl (I'm hoping to do this at $800 which I hope to hit in 2 weeks)
    -Play a live poker session (Probably need about $1200 to even try this)
    -Read the Poker Blueprint
    -Watch 2 RIO videos a week
    -Play 25 hours a week

End goal is to make enough that I can sustain my living situation thru poker specifically starting at the end of May. Hopefully I can make enough playing online/live that I won't need to find a job and can just play. Talking to my coach he thinks I'll hit 50nl by March at the latest and that's a stake that you can easily be making 2k+ a month by being a steady winning reg. My main goal is to hit 100nl before the beginning of summer though. Also, once I hit 50nl I'll probably start streaming some sessions on Twitch so you guys can stop by and watch. I'll probably do it to try and market poker coaching to lower stake players assuming I am a winning 50nl zoom reg of course.

Ballerholic

What is everybody's goal for the month?

Don_Omarion
    Goals are set! +100 Units
    Don_Omarion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1304

My goal during February is to make +5 Units profit due to the lack of Soccer events that iam interested in

best of luck fellas

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!

What is everybody's goal for the month?

My goal is to get my HM2 graph to stop looking like a crime scene!!!

slikec
    slikec's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Lol i just did monthly recap. I thought was shitty month cause i ran like crap(-700$ under EV) went out of several MTTs as 80%:20% fav. but i didnt believe numbers i actually made over 1,5k€ profit anyway. I triple checked so i went in my mind back MTTs gave me around 600€ profit on tables around 500€(y well -600€ under EV), and around 500€ rakeback so y it is easy game lol i guess.

I go for another 1,5k€+ month. I need to start studying again. I have issues in several spots which makes me play mostly NL20 instead NL50.

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!

Quote Originally Posted by slikec View Post
    Lol i just did monthly recap. I thought was shitty month cause i ran like crap(-700$ under EV) went out of several MTTs as 80%:20% fav. but i didnt believe numbers i actually made over 1,5k€ profit anyway. I triple checked so i went in my mind back MTTs gave me around 600€ profit on tables around 500€(y well -600€ under EV), and around 500€ rakeback so y it is easy game lol i guess.

I go for another 1,5k€+ month. I need to start studying again. I have issues in several spots which makes me play mostly NL20 instead NL50.

What platform do you play on? When you say 20nl is that .10/.20? Jersey dosnt have that...goes from .01/.02-.05/.10-.15/.30-.25/.50-.50/1.00 etc etc

Lot of more options for you euro guys but I guess I should just count my lucky "Stars" that New Jersey finally legalized on-line poker...

slikec
    slikec's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Well actually black friday had bad influence on whole poker community in time. For example Ongame network gone last year PKR merged with microgaming last year and before Everest with ipoker i think etc. Lots of mostly bad changes. I play lately in Party network, Ipoker and microgaming.

Microgaming is good cause they capped rake at 3bb every limit. Which means at NL20 max. rake is 0,6 at NL50 max rake is 1,5. It is huge difference i rake around 10bb/100 at party/ipoker and 6bb/100 at microgaming. Still funny winrate is not 4bb higher at microgaming which kinda would be logical lol but i less table select at microgaming which makes lower winrate in bb/100. At ipoker party i play only really good tables and micrograming i always fill the rest. I play 9 tables which usually means 1MTT and 8 cash tables. I play 1MTT so i play longer sessions. Ofc if i get deep at MTT things change and i lower number of tables and in case of final table i play only really juicy cash games beside.

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!

bump, Baller i love the passion but get a job and play cards as a hobby cuz. Good luck

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

What's up guys, I've decided to track my betting progress again this time in the poker forum. I've officially started playing poker seriously for the first time in my life so I think it's only proper to track how I do there as well. Now I've played poker a little here and there, but now I have joined a coaching for profit site and I expect to move up the stakes and make a decent income from poker.

Background: I'm a 23 year old college student at the moment and I've been gambling for about 4 years now. My first two years I was a complete degen and I lost a lot. The past year I have made a good amount of money sports betting and I am finally at the point where I don't need to bet every game/night. In poker I am playing at Coral Poker, and at 10NL and I receive around 30% rakeback. I also have a 100% bonus matching my €200 bankroll there. I play at 5dimes and Bet365 for sports betting. Most plays will be thru 5dimes as they have the best lines.

Goal: My goal is to make $50,000 by this time next year and then have $100,000 by the end of 2017. I will be tracking both sports betting and poker in this thread.

Strategy:

Sports: I will be taking an aggressive strategy. For sports betting I will only have at most 10 units at a time. So with a $100 bankroll, I will be betting around $10 units until I get my bankroll up to $200. At that point I will start betting $20. This will continue every time I double my roll. If this doesn't work out, then I'll re-adjust.

Poker: I basically have to give half of my profits each month to my coaching program unless I hit 160+ hours. So I'm going to have to play a lot of poker. Poker will be the main source of income and I will use it to help out my sports betting roll.

Sports Bankroll: $100

Poker Bankroll: €200

Anyway, Best of Luck to us!
    any update?

First ... 6789