Ballerholic
    Ballerholic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1806

Poker: €164.50

Sports: $138.40

Well I was finally able to take my shot at 10NL yesterday and all I can say is that it ended up going pretty well. I had about a 42bb/100 for 1k hands. I've also removed all funds from Coral Poker and placed them into a different site. Coral Poker was just too reg infested and after some thinking and calculating I don't want to be rakeback grinder and I would like to improve my game at the same time. Once I hit €300 I'll take a shot at 20NL and go from there. The program I'm with has strict guidelines as to when you can move up to the "intermediate group". So for this I need 4 out of 5 of the following things, (€300 BR after paying shares, €500 total profit made with program, winning over 100,000k hands at 10NL, 40+ hrs each week, 95% score from database analysis.) I should be able to hit most of these by the end of the month if not sooner. I might even play a little bit of zoom poker just to try to get my hourly hands up, but we'll see as I try to stay away from zoom as much as possible. The intermediate course involves apparently involves so much more compared to the beginner's course. In the intermediate group involves a lot of math and more advanced strategies/concepts. As well I should be getting 1 on 1 coaching and I'll finally learn how to use my database for more advanced study purposes.

Rockies +127 vs Dodgers
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BeerDog99

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

good luck, ballah.....

if you learn anything profound, feel free to share it with the forum.....

Grivas_Digeni
    Mini Horses FTW
    Grivas_Digeni's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23436

Quote Originally Posted by Ballerholic View Post
    I might even play a little bit of zoom poker just to try to get my hourly hands up, but we'll see as I try to stay away from zoom as much as possible.
    I was going to praise you until I saw this. Any decent player, especially someone who's taking the game seriously, should stay away from zoom/hyper bingo poker. More likely than not you will be wasting your time and destroying the good habits acquired through hundreds of hours of 'regular' cash poker. It's not exciting, but it's what facilitates real learning. It's painfully slow and that's why it's valuable.

The more you speed it up, the less edge you have and the harder it may be to go back to really paying attention in the normal games. It's a drug. It's not worth it if you depend on hard work to make a living. Don't do it.

Ballerholic

yea from everybody I've talked to they all suggest not playing any zoom poker. Which I completely understand. I just wanted to get in a decent amount of hands to move up and start learning more advanced material sooner, especially since I start school next month. But you are correct Zoom is much tougher and you don't learn anything since it's too hard to get a hand sample on other players. There's also so much more variance in zoom poker as well. I probably won't touch it and I'll just focus on regular cash games instead.

Anyway, I've been watching a lot of Twitch Poker lately. If you are American and you can't make a good income out of playing 100NL bovada, I don't know what to say. That is the softest site in the world.

Ballerholic

Poker: €209.21

Sports: $116.90

So far 10NL has gone very well. I will admit that I probably judged Coral Poker a little unfairly, but it did have a lot of nitty regs. Now those regs were definitely beatable and I should have been up at least 10BI if I didn't run so bad at least for half the time I had played there. Add in the fact that I was 3betting like a maniac and monkey tilting, there is no surprise why it didn't end so well. I still got an insane amount of cash back to cover most of my losses. Anyway, I haven't didn't play an insane amount of hours this past week. As well, most of my play was at 4NL. Sports hasn't gone so well, I played a few games I forgot to post and I was in the negative. I'm not the greatest baseball capper, although if I'm selective I think I've got an edge, so I really can't wait for football and basketball to start.

I've received a reload bonus option of €100 for Pokerstars which has to be cleared in 21 days. I could do it playing 10NL Zoom Poker and try to get in as many hands as possible, but I'm not too sure if I should do that or not. Obviously Zoom is much harder and I really should not be playing it, but I really want to move up to the intermediate group in BPC and I would need at least 100k hands at 10NL to do so. I could always withdraw my money from Pokerstars before it got too bad. What do you guys think? IDK I really don't think I will.

Tigers +101 vs Mariners

Rangers -114 vs Rockies

Ballerholic

Poker: €210

Sports: $116.90

So the program I'm with has implemented reward points. Basically I'm supposed to be paying half of my profits for a given month back to the program as it is a coaching for profits program. However, they are giving me 20% of whatever amount is raked from the poker rooms I use. This can only go towards paying them back however, and cannot be exchanged directly for cash. I've decided that because of this I will be moving over to Party Poker. I will get around 20% for normal rakeback at Party, and then I'll get 20% from my program bringing me up to around 40% RB. Now obviously if Party is hard for me to beat I'll probably move back or switch to a softer unknown site, but if I can't beat Party Poker 10NL I may as well quit this challenge and go around town collecting aluminum cans for a living.

Royals -106 vs White Sox

Tigers -116 vs Mariners (2 units because I accidentally made the bet twice )

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2264

A month has gone by and you've made 26 dollars?? I think it's time to reevaluate
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Itsamazing777

Ballerholic

Poker: €229

Sports: $116

Goduke- Well I had a pretty bad losing month in July. Anyway, you're right I need to be profiting way more than I am now. I'm hoping I'll be able to make a few hundred this month and just keep going from there.

I've decided to play some fast forward tables at partypoker for the time being as from what I've seen there's more fish at those games. However, that could have just been a once off occurrence. I've had to join party poker as Ipoker was just really reg infested and the software and traffic were not very good. I also get rewards points to help pay for my coaching profits program. So essentially I'm getting 40% rakeback. Hopefully it goes well, I'm just trying to put the hours in and keep my winrate in the green.

YouHave2outs
    YouHave2outs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

i used to play poker professionally for 4 years before black Friday very successfully. i would suggest grinding sit n gos if there are enough players to at least 12 table them. you can grind up a bankroll pretty quickly with limited variance, and it doesn't take long to learn all of the important spots pretty quickly. i could give you some tips if interested. i played as youhave2outs on stars and youhav2outs on full tilt.

sinmiedo
    sinmiedo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 369

Quote Originally Posted by YouHave2outs View Post
    i used to play poker professionally for 4 years before black Friday very successfully. i would suggest grinding sit n gos if there are enough players to at least 12 table them. you can grind up a bankroll pretty quickly with limited variance, and it doesn't take long to learn all of the important spots pretty quickly. i could give you some tips if interested. i played as youhave2outs on stars and youhav2outs on full tilt.
    i agree, and also suggested to him.
    gl balle

PS finally tonight i broke the 1 k

Ballerholic

Youhave2outs- Yea man Sinmiedo told me about that. I would like to try it I just don't really know anything about sit n gos. Also, would my cash game suffer then if I did that? I just made a switch to party poker so there should be more sit n goes running. What types do you recommend?

Sinmiedo- Well done man!

Poker: €230.94

Sports: $103.70

So not too much has changed over the past few days as I've been extremely busy. This past week I had a ton of apartment viewings and I finally moved into one. Pre-season for my soccer club has also kicked off so that has taken a good amount of time as well. This week should be much better. At the moment I have a 7bb/100 winrate at fast foward poker on party poker over 3k hands. Not much, but at least I'm not in the negative. I'll probably give regular cash games another try as they are supposed to be easier. However, after a week of mainly fast foward poker, I've found there to be more fish in this format. As well, there are way less player on party poker vs pokerstars so it is much easier to get stats on players.

At the moment I'm trying to grind out a €50 bonus over these next 7 days, and then I have another €50 bonus I can try complete next week. As long as I can complete these and as long as I'm at least Breakeven from here on out, then I should be playing 20NL by the end of the month.

Stackzilla
    NGNG
    Stackzilla's Avatar Become A Pro!

Do you play any mtt's or just cash games?

sinmiedo

Youhave2outs- Yea man Sinmiedo told me about that. I would like to try it I just don't really know anything about sit n gos. Also, would my cash game suffer then if I did that? I just made a switch to party poker so there should be more sit n goes running. What types do you recommend?

Sinmiedo- Well done man!

Poker: €230.94

So not too much has changed over the past few days as I've been extremely busy. This past week I had a ton of apartment viewings and I finally moved into one. Pre-season for my soccer club has also kicked off so that has taken a good amount of time as well. This week should be much better. At the moment I have a 7bb/100 winrate at fast foward poker on party poker over 3k hands. Not much, but at least I'm not in the negative. I'll probably give regular cash games another try as they are supposed to be easier. However, after a week of mainly fast foward poker, I've found there to be more fish in this format. As well, there are way less player on party poker vs pokerstars so it is much easier to get stats on players.

At the moment I'm trying to grind out a €50 bonus over these next 7 days, and then I have another €50 bonus I can try complete next week. As long as I can complete these and as long as I'm at least Breakeven from here on out, then I should be playing 20NL by the end of the month.
    Thanks bud
    Now , regarding sng, i would recommend something that long time ago read from a poster name Mr Market a player that i think was from Montreal, and give me good result, in fact , i still practicing it.
    He suggested to move to sng and play double up first and move to 10 players sng later once you know how to resolved situations on the bubble time, and only play sng for a month, nothing else, till you get the hang of it, or, play tournaments, chip ones, 1 or 2 dollars max,but you have a lot of variance there.
    the idea to play one of the forms, is to adapt to the rhythm of them since all differ and play a lot with you patience and card selection.
    bak in 2008 i participated in gr88 contest of building a bank roll from 20 dollars, the guy who won did it playing sng double up form then move up to 10 then cash games and some chip tournaments, in 3 months he was up $6000 and won $5000 i finished 8th with 340.-
    Best regards and good luck

Ballerholic

so when you say double up SNG, do you mean heads up SNG? Or do you mean a 6 person SNG where the top 3 get paid double the buyin? I'm not too familiar with SNG's but they do seem like a pretty decent way to build. The only thing is aren't SNG's high variance?

Ballerholic

Quote Originally Posted by Stackzilla View Post
    Do you play any mtt's or just cash games?
    I play mainly cash, but at the moment I'm thinking about entering SNG's and maybe some MTT's on the side.

sinmiedo

so when you say double up SNG, do you mean heads up SNG? Or do you mean a 6 person SNG where the top 3 get paid double the buyin? I'm not too familiar with SNG's but they do seem like a pretty decent way to build. The only thing is aren't SNG's high variance?
    6 or 9 players double up or triple up seat SNG. then move to 9 players that will pay top 3. Variance will get you, is inevitable, but no difference than playing sbr 40 players daily tournaments, if can play and cash some in sbr, you will do fine.
    Right now i m mixing and not having good results in sng because I play a lot PLO 0.10 -0.25 and PLO tournaments ( where i m ROI +++ by a long shot)
    and also NLH $0.50cts $1.00 that is a bit over my present BR of $ 1.200.
    I m not playing NLH tournaments for the moments since since I find weak players in PLO tournaments, and also, a smaller field, no more than 100, in a $ 10 buy in.
    I also play Bodog that has a good pool of bad players in all levels and styles, that helps.
    Sin

Stackzilla
    NGNG
    Stackzilla's Avatar Become A Pro!

I play mainly cash, but at the moment I'm thinking about entering SNG's and maybe some MTT's on the side.
    SnGs are definitely the way to go to build your bank. Pick your spots, position playing is a must, only play 10%ers in early position. Just a few things I've learned. BOL

Ballerholic

Sinmiedo- Alright I'll look into that. I'd have to study some SNG strategy a bit first though. I did play a few yesterday.

Stackz-Yea position seems to be huge. A lot of it is playing short stacked which I don't like.

Update

Poker: €232

Anyway I may as well update daily so that I can at least get the 12 points. Basically I double-clicked on 3 SNG's yesterday just to see the payout structure and to my surprise a minute later 3 tables pop up on screen since I had apparently registered them. One was a turbo, the other a hyper and the other limit. WTF. Anyway, I ended up taking 2nd in one of them which was good since only 2 of the 6 payed out. My bb at zoom right now is 3bb/100 which really isn't that bad considering it's zoom poker and I moved to tougher site in partypoker. However, it still is not good enough, but I think variance has played a big roll in that. It's also only a 4k hand samples size. Anyway, apparently I will not be getting RB for my coaching program on PartyPoker, it has to be on Bwin Poker (same client basically), but now I don't know if I should still go for the deposit bonus or switch over right now. As well on the other site, there is a way to get a deposit bonus each week so it might just be better to switch. IDK yet. I definitely feel like my game has improved a ton since playing fast forward poker at PartyPoker. However, I find that there are much more fish in the fast forward game type than there are in the regular cash games. It makes sense as fast poker is more fun, but isn't fast poker supposed to be harder? All the reg tables have 22/18/5 players. They are all still beatable, but I find fast poker to be easier plus I can get way more hands in. I still haven't found much time to play, and when I do play I'm usually not fully concentrated as I've had other things to do lately. Hopefully that will change soon. Also, I haven't been playing SBR Poker for a couple of months now because it takes away from my cash games. I might try to start back up as it is extremely fishy, although it is some of the most rigged for action software I've ever seen. Next time you're in an all in hand, I guarantee whoever is the dog in the hand always has a few outs on the river and they hit more then the math should indicate.

Goals for end of August

- €500 BR
    - 100k hands at 10NL

This thread should get more exciting once Football and Basketball start back up again as I'll be placing more bets and analyzing my picks.

Ballerholic

Poker: €240.90

So we made a small profit over the past day. Now I didn't play that many hours, but as long as we move upwards I'm happy. I really regret playing on Coral Poker as I would be up a lot more money had I decided to play softer sites even without rakeback. At the moment we are about 4 buyins short of taking a shot a 5 BI at 20NL. Now there are 2 options, 1) Grind up my roll to €300 or 2) Deposit €60 and take my shot right away. I really don't know which to do. Now my main goal is to make as much profit as possible in the shortest amount of time possible. I do have money lying around that I can deposit and increase my BR with. I would take this shot at a soft site so that there would be less variance. On the other hand, 4 BI is not much and I really should be able to make that in at least 2 days. As well, I need to hit 100k hands at 10NL before I am allowed to move up with my program. However, I'm more concerned with profit and whatever needs to be done to increase my profit I will do.

So what do you guys think, grind 10 NL for a couple more days or just deposit and start 20NL right now? BTW I have a 4bb/100 winrate at zoom poker on Party Poker over 6k hands and I have a 6bb/100 winrate at reg tables at Ipoker over 8k hands. Therefore, I think I have potential to hold my own at 20NL.

Yankees +1.5 -115 vs Blue Jays

Got embarrassed by throwing the game late last night. Although I expect them to lose this game, +1.5 at almost even odds is very good here.

Orioles +105 vs Red Sox

Price has been bad lately, and Bundy is looking like a stud. Two great teams, I'll take the home team.

Ballerholic

Dundalk +.5 -104 vs Legia Warsaw

sinmiedo

Wow..... as we been suggesting you about SNG, my ROI for this week is Horrible!!!! at best.
    I did well in my cash games NLH .25.50 some 1 2 and .50 1
    I started with $ 150 July 29th
    BR now $1198

Ballerholic

Sin- Damn dude that's insane!!! Did you mainly get there paying SNG's or cash games? You're blowing my progress out of the water! Although to are probably a much better player than me. Also, how many hours do you average a week?

Poker: €246

Sports: $61

Well guys sports betting has not gone so well recently. I promise I am definitely up for the year in MLB, I've just hit a bad streak. I still need to up my poker hours and I should be putting in a long grind tonight as well as tomorrow. My goal for this weekend is to hit 20NL, whether that means I grind up 5.5 more BI's or I just deposited €55 into my account, IDK. I might play some 10NL tonight and if I feel like I'm really on my game and the tables are soft then I might just go ahead and take a shot at 2 tabling 20NL. I've been talking with a poker player over here and apparently the live games on Friday and Saturday nights are very soft. Therefore, I really need to get my roll up to a few k fast. Hopefully I get to 20NL this weekend and then 50NL by the end of September. Then 100NL by November.

Twins/Royals Over 9 -105

Tigers -107 vs Red Sox

McGregor -130 vs Diaz

I'm choosing McGregor here even though I think Diaz is the better fighter. McGregor can win this fight and setup a record breaking 3rd fight. If he loses this fight his career is in jeopardy. The UFC was just sold to new owners and I'm sure this would be a huge blow to them not to have McGregor win. I really think this is going to be rigged to some extent and as well McGregor is in full on revenge mode. I would be more on this game and I still might as long as the baseball plays go well.

Auto Donk

when is it exactly you're planning on reaching $100,000.....

As of a few days ago, you're on track for about December, 2157 -- give or take a few decades either side, to account for variance and a heater or two.....

Ballerholic

Donk- Don't worry man, the higher the limits I hit the more exponential my profits will be.

Poker: €344 (added €70)

Sports: $51

I took a shot at 20NL last night. I am up just under 4BI's. I added €70 to my roll so that I could play those games and I might take it back out of my roll once I have a steady BR for 20NL, but I'm not too sure yet. I'll need to reach €400 first. I know I'm taking a pretty aggressive bankroll strategy, but I did say that I would hit 100k in 1.5 years. The only problem I'm stuck with at the moment is that with my program I'm only given the beginner's poker strategy. This strategy is really only designed for up to party of 10NL, but doesn't cover much else. The intermediate program is 10NL+, but I'm not really allowed into that program until I complete the required steps. The reason being that I'm in a coaching for profits group and they probably don't trust that I won't blow it all away. As well, they want to make sure that I'm a definite winner at 10NL and the beginner stakes before I start learning more advanced strategy. I've probably got around 30k-40k hands at 10NL showing I'm a winner, but I need 100k and I need to increase my BR as well. My main goal is profit and I can only show more profit by moving up. I'll just stick with 20NL right now and try to to just keep moving up. If I can stay a winner at 20NL then there's no way I'm not getting into the intermediate group.

So sports haven't gone very well. I got pretty unlucky yesterday with the Royals-Twins game not going over. Anyway there are 4 bets tonight going ahead. One of them I placed yesterday in McGregor.

Pirates -117

Blue Jays -106

Royals -1 -107

Ballerholic

Blue Jays +1 -105

Pirates -1 +107

Auto Donk

Donk- Don't worry man, the higher the limits I hit the more exponential my profits will be.

Poker: €344 (added €70)

Sports: $51

I took a shot at 20NL last night. I am up just under 4BI's. I added €70 to my roll so that I could play those games and I might take it back out of my roll once I have a steady BR for 20NL, but I'm not too sure yet. I'll need to reach €400 first. I know I'm taking a pretty aggressive bankroll strategy, but I did say that I would hit 100k in 1.5 years. The only problem I'm stuck with at the moment is that with my program I'm only given the beginner's poker strategy. This strategy is really only designed for up to party of 10NL, but doesn't cover much else. The intermediate program is 10NL+, but I'm not really allowed into that program until I complete the required steps. The reason being that I'm in a coaching for profits group and they probably don't trust that I won't blow it all away. As well, they want to make sure that I'm a definite winner at 10NL and the beginner stakes before I start learning more advanced strategy. I've probably got around 30k-40k hands at 10NL showing I'm a winner, but I need 100k and I need to increase my BR as well. My main goal is profit and I can only show more profit by moving up. I'll just stick with 20NL right now and try to to just keep moving up. If I can stay a winner at 20NL then there's no way I'm not getting into the intermediate group.

So sports haven't gone very well. I got pretty unlucky yesterday with the Royals-Twins game not going over. Anyway there are 4 bets tonight going ahead. One of them I placed yesterday in McGregor.

Pirates -117

Blue Jays -106

Royals -1 -107

Baller, who are these "coaches," and where are they located...... this bullshit scam you're paying for will best pay off by retaining me and suing the fuk out of them for deceptive trade practices and fraud......

Even that dork Don Lapre thinks you're being scammed

Ballerholic

Lol I appreciate the concern and going into the program I thought it was going to be a scam as well. However, since joining I find that it's a great program and I would definitely recommend it. I've only gone thru half of the beginner's course, but it's help me tremendously. Again I used to be a breakeven player before I joined and now I'm playing 20NL in just under 3 months. I am annoyed about not being let into the intermediate course without meeting the requirements. But as long as I can beat 20NL over 20k hands I assume I'll be okay. I've already beaten 10NL at a good rate for about 40k hands.

Ballerholic

Poker: €348

Sports: $59

The shot at 20NL has gone pretty well so far. I'm table selecting really well and I was able to profit a few buyins. There are definitely still fish out there at 20NL. Now I did add €70 to my bankroll which is why it's so high right now. I'm not too sure if I will take that away once I have a steady BR for 20NL, I mainly input it to shot take. As well, I'm due either €75 or a €150 DB at the end of the month. I'll most likely take the Deposit bonus, but this will be a nice increase to my BR and a nice incentive to play more. At the moment I've got around 74 hours played this month, but I need 160 hours in order to keep all of my profits for the month or else I have to give half to my CFP. Therefore, I will be trying to put in about ~86 more hours until the end of the month which is about 8 hours a day. Luckily I'm able to 1 table at my part time job to help get this done. The only problem is that I'm not 100% sure yet if I'll be taking a trip this weekend which would cut into poker.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Are you still paying for coaching or can you back out?

Take your trip...you're young...poker will be there when you get back

nit logic
    Update your status
    nit logic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 94

I will be posting my results in about 2 weeks, starting with $ 150.- and see how we do.

Ballerholic

Dane- Yes I'm still with the coaching for profits group. I'll be paying them half my profit at the end of the month. I can backout, but if I backout I will lose my €350 security deposit. I don't mind backing out if I'm unhappy with the program, however I've been very happy with the program so far and apparently the intermediate program is supposed to be much better. For example, personal coaching, poker groups, more advanced strategy, how to study/review, database, HUD, a LOT of MATH. So I at least want to see what the intermediate group is like before I quit.

Nit- Good luck man! Hopefully it all goes well. What games do you play?

Poker: €349 BR (€289 profit)

Sports: $59

So yesterday did not go too well at the poker tables. I was able to make 1 euro in profit lol. I've basically been running into fish at the top of their ranges or else they're two outing me. Yesterday I flopped 8 sets and everybody folded to my Cbet. Unbelievable. Then I flop top pair top kicker a bunch of times in multiway pots, but each time the other opponents both raise and call each other and get it in with sets or 2 pair. As well, I haven't been hitting my draws. So it was a little unlucky yesterday, but I'll just grind out the variance. 20NL is going well so far and the 50NL games look sooooo juicy. I can't wait til I get my paycheck so I can deposit and start playing these games. Not gonna lie I've been bumhunting and table selecting like a fiend. It's funny, at 20NL and even some 10NL if you don't Cbet, other opponents begin to start betting into you and take the pot down. That's something I'll have to work on to disguise my hand and trap them. I'm going to stop with trying to play 8 hours each day to reach 160+ hours this month. I'm most likely taking a trip back to the U.S. this weekend which would affect the hours I can put in. Anyway, for those that don't know this Guy went thru the program I'm currently in: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/17...egies-1385674/

Reds -101 vs Rangers

Ballerholic

what do you guys think of this hand?

GAME #7204532775: Texas Hold'em NL €0.10/€0.20 2016-08-23 19:37:36/GMT
    Table Premium Table 17c
    Seat 3: Sumun89 (€42.95 in chips)
    Seat 5: ToxicFish111 (€26.30 in chips) DEALER
    Seat 6: sonypro (€22.91 in chips)
    Seat 8: Ballerholic (€22.42 in chips)
    Seat 10: jePPe112 (€19.34 in chips)
    sonypro: Post SB €0.10
    Ballerholic: Post BB €0.20
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to Ballerholic [C10 CQ]
    jePPe112: Fold
    Sumun89: Fold
    ToxicFish111: Fold
    sonypro: Raise (NF) €0.60
    Ballerholic: Call €0.40
    *** FLOP *** [H2 HK C5]
    sonypro: Bet €0.80
    Ballerholic: Raise (NF) €2.40
    sonypro: Call €1.60
    *** TURN *** [C6]
    sonypro: Check
    Ballerholic: Bet €4.00
    sonypro: Call €4.00
    *** RIVER *** [H5]
    sonypro: Check
    Ballerholic: Bet €15.42
    sonypro: Fold
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot €28.49 Rake €0.93
    Ballerholic: Mucks [C10 CQ] One Pair, Fives
    Ballerholic: wins €28.49

Ballerholic

Poker: €310

Sports: $69

Betfair: €5

Pokerwise I had a very bad day due to variance. Now I did make some very bad plays/calls, however I still ran about -20bb/100 worse than I was supposed to. Basically Tight players who never raise were basically raising all of my TPTK hands. It wasn't the same players doing it over and over, it just seemed like Nits were just hitting the flops well. Then I probably got KK about 10 times last night. 5 of those times I got the walk and 3 of the other times an A hit the board. At one point I was down 5BI's, but I grinded for about 8 hours yesterday so I was able to get it back to -2BI's. I'm definitely feeling a lot more comfortable at 20NL at the moment and I don't see why I wouldn't be able to beat the stake. At the moment I have a 3.3bb/100 winrate over 5.5k hands. As well, I should be receiving a €150 bonus at the end of the month which equates to around 30% RB (it will be released in installments). Anyway I'll have to do a review of all of my 20NL hands and calculate how much money I lost due to bad play. I've been checking out the 50NL tables and man do they look juicy! Hopefully I'll be taking some shots at 50NL at the beginning of next month. I know my BR isn't there yet, but I really don't mind depositing some extra cash to get me there. Now I'll only be doing this if I feel confident in my game at 20NL and I can show a good winrate. I will also table select like a little b*tch and especially play during the best hours. In my coaching for profits program the rule is you must have 50BI's at your current stake before you can move up and shot take the next stake. Lol I'm only giving myself 25BI's and can you imagine if I'm not even let in to the intermediate group due to not having enough hands even though I'm a winning player at 50NL. That would be a joke.

Betfair gave me a free €5 bet which I won last night, so I'm going to be betting the whole amount until I reach a pretty high number or go busto.

Mariners -111 vs Yankees

Tigers +100 vs Twins

Penguin7
    Penguin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1526

I'm a professional poker player. theres lots wrong with your thinking and mentality costing you lots of money. playing bad doesnt mean bad variance, it means you played bad and are supposed to lose long term. someone in your position should NEVER pay for couching. there is wayyyy too much free info on the web that serves as a better learning guide for someone at your skill level. and even if you do want coaching, you are over paying buy a TON with those guys.

Ballerholic

Believe me I completely understand the EV line is BS and it really doesn't concern me. However, it's really the only way to measure how you've been running so I try to use it loosely although I don't really give it much attention. Now believe me I ran extremely bad the last two sessions regardless of what the line says. I did lose 3 stacks due to some poor plays, but I still ran extremely poor and got 3 outed a good few times in all in pots.

I get why you might say I shouldn't pay for coaching, but I'm trying to improve and get to higher stakes as fast I can. Therefore I don't mind paying for coaching. So far it's definitely worked out and I learned ABC poker at a very fast rate and after 2.5 months I'm playing 20NL after starting with €50. My contract is only until I reach €5,000 in which half will go to them. I don't now if I will be signing a contract for CFP up to 30k. I've already spoken with one professional poker player who will coach me when I want. I also completely understand I'm overpaying, but I don't really have the money to afford 1 on 1 coaching with my small bankroll so CFP was the best option at least until I get my roll up and play higher stakes.

Which stakes and sites do you play on?

First 123456 ... Last