Betpoints: 24869

Poker - Bluff videos

https://www.pokertube.com/videos/wpt...ns-a-big-bluff

Freddy Deeb runs the flush bluff. Old bastard

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5CreDR9KcU

Igor Kourganov catches Ole Schemion w/ his hand in the cookie-jar.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    https://www.pokertube.com/videos/wpt...ns-a-big-bluff

Freddy Deeb runs the flush bluff. Old bastard
    true donk not betting top two when he should have.... i fire at that on the flop and figure things out at that point.... big reraise then might blow me off the hand, but probably not..... only a set shanks you at that point, and I'd probably think that at worst i'm up against a flush draw or ace big and am ahead.... come over the top unless it's a really, really tight player making that reraise..... make the other guy who's in all likelihood behind decide whether he wants to risk it all.....

don't give a guy like deeb, or even a donk like onerous, the chance to catch cards and make a straight or flush

ps... and interested in hearing views on this from guys who play alot live.... deeb "strung" together his bluff.... my exp. is when someone does that, and keeps adding in more and more, not sure of a proper sized bet in relation to the pot, or oblvious to it, it generally indicates a bluff.....

someone simply stating the amount of the bet at that point, particularly if it's the right sized bet in relation to the pot, without all the theatrics, usually has the hand (obviously, an "all-in" overbet might send off the bluff alarm)....
    Last edited by Auto Donk; 03-31-16 at 05:42 PM.

Auto Donk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5CreDR9KcU

Igor Kourganov catches Ole Schemion w/ his hand in the cookie-jar.
    wow... pretty impressive.... guy noticed the adrenalin and change in pitch in the guy's voice.....

I know sinmiedo has such skillz in live play, but probably not many others here at SBR would pick up on those tells....

obviously, he'd been playing with the guy for a while, and never believed for a second the guy was reraising in position with an ace....

nice vid

ChuckyTheGoat

1) Donk, great comments, pal. Keep em coming. If u educate me, that's great.

2) Re: Kourganov/Schemion hand, that was one awesome video. A few considerations:
    a) Schemion sure as hell has a history of running a good bluff.
    b) I really didn't understanding Schemion's sequencing. What was he bluffing at, a big pair or a huge draw? Can't say I'm holding a monster, and then switch off to str/flush when it comes in.
    c) Kourganov sniffed out the hesitation/hiccup. So sweet.
    d) Some readers pointed out that holding the K(h) was a blocker to str/flushes.

Auto Donk

Id like to hear Kourganov's thinking on the hand re: Schemion's preflop three-bet. clearly, either due to history with him or, seeing him play enough, he sure as hell wasn't giving him credit for having an ace. If Schimeon typically fires away with more than a mere continuation bet when he's holding an ace and hits--or checks his pair of aces in anticipation of the ol check-raise, or typically smooth calls preflop with an ace in position, perhaps that's why the ace on the flop didn't phase Kourganov. Id like to know what his analysis of the hand was.

But once he'd convinced himself that the ace on the flop wasn't a concern, it was clear to him that Schm's story didn't add up, and he was firing away as that was his only way to win the pot; so the guy called him..... it was a pretty textured board, particularly when that third H hit on the riv -- although that didn't phase Kourganov b/c the big preflop raise wasn't based on suited H's to most people's way of thinking... (that's why you were reading that the flush draw hitting didn't phase Khourganov, b/c he had the k of h's and thus the only suited H hand to make the three bet preflop that would've flushed (AK) wasn't possible.) But, it also seems that past history and experience playing with the guy was key....

like he said, the "shaking" caused by adrenaline, nerves, or whatever, can often be an indicator that a person has hit the hand and is "amped" about getting there... I've seen that live. Same thing with a throbbing jugular vein.... I've seen it go both ways, as well, throb on a bluff, or throb with the nuts -- particularly with inexperienced players/tourists in 1-3 games.....
    Last edited by Auto Donk; 04-01-16 at 07:29 AM.

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

Brad Booth bluffing Ivey for 2 ferraris with 4 high was pretty good

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=g7RJvq9SeEs

Nice thread chuckster

Broke Homey
    Hey Cancer, penetrate You!!
    Broke Homey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 28

Quote Originally Posted by SharpAngles View Post

Nice thread chuckster
    What discipline laying down KK there and waiting for a better spot knowing he was vulnerable or already behind.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Wish i still had the hand history of where I bluff caught studmlb with an ace high in a 2000+ point pot
    Last edited by daneblazer; 04-01-16 at 05:29 PM.

ChuckyTheGoat

Donk, great notes. That's what I was thinking:

1) Schemion looks like he's betting the Ace early.
    2) Str/Flush come in on the river. Ok, check it down, don't be greedy.
    3) Story didn't add up. Kourganov sniffed it out.

ChuckyTheGoat

Donk/Dane, here's a strategy for u to mull over. Never seen it in writing, tell me if I'm off-base:

* Size of raiser's continuation bet. If a guy raises big-ace and then blanks on the flop (low-board), raiser sort of knows he has to c-bet but is very reluctant to stick in a big $-amt when not holding a pair.

EG, pre-flop raise = 50. 3-player pot is now around 180. Check to raiser. If he has a strong hand, he's going to bet around 120 (2/3 pot).

If he puts in a limp raise of 50 or less, where the flop-raise is <= pre-flop raise, he's got dick. He missed it.

Have seen this b4. Seems like the raiser is turning his hand face-up.

Auto Donk

Donk/Dane, here's a strategy for u to mull over. Never seen it in writing, tell me if I'm off-base:

* Size of raiser's continuation bet. If a guy raises big-ace and then blanks on the flop (low-board), raiser sort of knows he has to c-bet but is very reluctant to stick in a big $-amt when not holding a pair.

EG, pre-flop raise = 50. 3-player pot is now around 180. Check to raiser. If he has a strong hand, he's going to bet around 120 (2/3 pot).

If he puts in a limp raise of 50 or less, where the flop-raise is <= pre-flop raise, he's got dick. He missed it.

Have seen this b4. Seems like the raiser is turning his hand face-up.
    all very true.... which is why position is so important..... mix it up and keep em guessing is my theory on it.... you'll find out real quick if you're in position, guy checks the shitty board, and you c-bet and get check raised....

if a guy is out of position and misses with ace big, you can certainly fire a 2/3 bet and hope he doesn't try to catch up and lays it down......

on sbr, it's my experience that an out of position player missing with ak who misses the flop will indeed chase, or think you missed with your kq or kj, such that he's still possibly ahead.....

So, if you miss with your ak, rather than a mere continuation bet, fire strong if you wanna take it down on a shit flop, rep the overpair if the board is fairly untextured....

or, if youre first to act/out of position, check it, and get ready to pull the power move check raise yourself.... if you get reraised after that, you're probably in serious trouble.... unless you're jake peavy, as the turn will definitely be an ace

one of my favorite moves when out of position is the "weak bet head fake".... flop a set against a strong aggressive player, min bet it, and watch him shove (PO69, Onerous, and several others will sense weakness and shove)..... scoop the pot.... (although on sbr, runner runner suckout syndrome may have you regretting getting them pot committed)

the ol weak bet head fake has worked well against aggressive asians and twenty-something white guys, and a lot of aggressive black men of all ages, when playing live $1-3 or $2-5 nlhe in Louisiana..... show that weakness when you're out of position and have flopped the world, or something close to it, and trap em when they jam $50-$75 into the pot.....
    Last edited by Auto Donk; 04-01-16 at 05:53 PM.

ChuckyTheGoat

I watched the Schemion video again. The hand he's trying to rep is AK (hearts). He's trying to rep a monster.

Problem is that Kourganov was holding the K(hearts).

ChuckyTheGoat

Good stuff, Donk. I'm digesting, like a good student.

So true on the betting patterns:

1) If u flop a set (and board doesn't look too scary on flush/str draws), you have to set the hook. If u think you'll get NO action, a check is ok. Preferable to make a small c-bet, like 1/3 pot. That will look like u missed and are obliged to bet it.

2) Most players have an idea that top-pair is a hand u bet for 3 streets of value. The pros will probably say u look for 2 streets of value. What do I mean by that? The betting normally doesn't go bet/call 3x. The caller either improves or folds. I've seen the pros play this different ways, but things to ponder, if you're holding top-pair or an overpair:

a) hold AA, on low-board. Check the flop. Opponent feels like u missed on AK, he may be hooked in. Barrel on turn/river.
    b) c-bet the flop, looks obligatory. Check the turn, hey this guy missed. Your river bet will look like a bluff.
    c) hold AA, on scary board. Bet flop, turn. Slow down on river w/ check, you're probably not folding. Let opponent bluff at pot, and he will. Call and watch him turn over busted draw.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

It all depends on the situation, but general rule of thumb for me if I flop a good hand I'm trying to build the pot. If I bet and the guy folds there wasn't much to be won to begin with. None of that setting the hook stuff unless it's a multi way pot or I'm against a big lag.

i think you're on the right path on bet sizing tells, but be sure not to cookie cut them. Try to pick them up depending on the player. I always tried to vary bet sizes with different holdings.

Auto Donk

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    It all depends on the situation, but general rule of thumb for me if I flop a good hand I'm trying to build the pot. If I bet and the guy folds there wasn't much to be won to begin with. None of that setting the hook stuff unless it's a multi way pot or I'm against a big lag.

i think you're on the right path on bet sizing tells, but be sure not to cookie cut them. Try to pick them up depending on the player. I always tried to vary bet sizes with different holdings.
    all very sage advice..... and, as I'm sure you do as well, I vary size bets during sessions/trnies with the SAME holdings.... ie, could play three flopped middle pair sets three different ways during a session so as to keep em guessing.....

Broke Homey

This hand came to mind when i first saw the thread, one of the sickest bluff/laydowns imo.

ChuckyTheGoat

Good stuff, broke-homey. Salud

ChuckyTheGoat

Broke, it's amazing that Tran conceded to one card in the deck.

I was playing a game where I held AQ (clubs), flop comes KK w/ 2 clubs. I raised original bettor on flop, he calls. Turn is another K. I know my clubs are dead, but I keep betting (stupidly). Original bettor lays it down, shows AA! He laid down KKK/AA to aggression.

ChuckyTheGoat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJPIfXPON-Y

Look at this hand. I think LEDERER is one of the worst, no imagination. Imagine mis-playing a monster holding this badly. Watch Dwan's facial expressions during hand, he can't even believe it.

Auto Donk

Look at this hand. I think LEDERER is one of the worst, no imagination. Imagine mis-playing a monster holding this badly. Watch Dwan's facial expressions during hand, he can't even believe it.

my best lederer story is when he came charging out of the mens room at the Rio, head down and not paying attention, and ran smack into me as I was coming into the john during a break in my trny -- he literally bounced off me and into the wall, almost falling all the way down to ground, all the while apologizing for not watching where he was goin...... That, and by relation, having his sister make eyes at me during her teaching the wsop academy in vegas (i won a trip to it on espn's old poker room years ago); pretty sure Ida closed that deal had my then-girlfriend/now wife not been on that trip with me.....

icing on the cake to the Howard experience was twenty seconds later, when Johnny Chan rolled up to the urinal next to mine to take a wiz as well.... took everything in my power not to grab my phone in my right hand (he was to my left), extend it all the way upward, and say "look up, Johnny" as I snapped a selfie lookin' down on the two of us both holdin our dicks takin a wiz side by side..... (unfortunately, due to my kk getting cracked by qq on the turn in a bracelet event two away from the money, that urinal moment turned out to be the highlight of my 2009 wsop run........)

back on topic, that vid, and the "dennis phillips final table disaster" where he similarly misplays ak, show three vital things:

1. you have to have a plan to the end before you initially bet -- how far are you willing to go? the distance? all your chips in a cash game? your tourney life in big event?

2. ak is not as valuable as many think..... and on sbr, it's damn near worthless v. ace rag......

3. have a good grasp of how your three and four bets will be perceived/acted upon by your opponents, particularly in relation to the size of their chip stacks..... don't put a guy into a position you don't really want him in based on what your holdings are

the dennis phillips hand (linked to the vid you posted), his ak v a russian's aq early on at the nov. m.e. final table.... shows some serious preflop misplay as well, and then a bumbling bet on the flop by phillips out of position after both parties missed flop, tho the russian had a double gutter with aq......

Poker Guys have some good vids, and some dude must've spent 3 hours typing up his analysis of the hand, given its length and no errors in the typing, indicating several proofreads -- that analysis was a pretty good read, as well.... I'd never spend that much time commenting on anything.... shit, I only spent an hour on my Easter Prayer to Small b Waves, and that was long as shit.....

another key thing both vids show is the importance of analyzing just what the fuk could the other guy have that's really got you beat at this point that he could have initially come into the hand with......
    Last edited by Auto Donk; 04-03-16 at 12:23 PM.

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10452

Quote Originally Posted by Broke Homey View Post
    This hand came to mind when i first saw the thread, one of the sickest bluff/laydowns imo.

cant belive this sht guy only looses to a J or AA and hes got one of the A's

Auto Donk

i was playing with scotty nguyen in oklahoma and some dumbass convinced himself the other idiot must've held quads.... he had jj full of tens.... i'd played with the guy bluffin' for about three hours and knew at best he had missed and up and down draw and was trying to bluff the guy off the hand.... more painful to watch some dude melt down live and blow a hand than it ever is on these vids......

sad thing is, the poor amateur at the table filled with pros (and no, I don't include me in that group, I was the other dumb amateur at the table, but at least wasn't dumb enough to talk out loud like this idiot did to show everyone how terrible he was) sat there for several mins talking out loud analyzing his obviously wrong decision that he was losing to the guy's pocket tens.... (i had folded nine ten, so I knew the pro had no chance to win the pot and the other guy held the nuts).....

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Is that dwan hand cash or tournament & if so was it raked?

Tran kinda butchered that one. Dwan not a guy I want to play oop and give free cards to

Auto Donk

Is that dwan hand cash or tournament & if so was it raked?

Tran kinda butchered that one. Dwan not a guy I want to play oop and give free cards to
    in Tran's hand --(if it were in a cash game), I'd want to give dwan six more cards to and let him bet all the way to 11th street...... that was one of the stupidest lay downs I've ever seen

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    in Tran's hand --(if it were in a cash game), I'd want to give dwan six more cards to and let him bet all the way to 11th street...... that was one of the stupidest lay downs I've ever seen

I didnt pay close attention to it, but ive seen cash hands where it gets played out like that and the guy just jams giving the other guy terrible odds to call on what's likely a chopped pot. Can see the it here even if it's a tournament. Tran didn't have that much invested and he's seeing risking everything for a likely chopped pot. Not sure wtf he's doing...maybe was praying for a cheap showdown. Great move by Dwan...pretty ballsy move by him too.

Broke Homey

Broke, it's amazing that Tran conceded to one card in the deck.

I was playing a game where I held AQ (clubs), flop comes KK w/ 2 clubs. I raised original bettor on flop, he calls. Turn is another K. I know my clubs are dead, but I keep betting (stupidly). Original bettor lays it down, shows AA! He laid down KKK/AA to aggression.
    Like the kid or not, He had an uncanny ability to sense or feel weakness or strength in opponents. From bet sizing, to his timing before making a bet, the "ritual" sort of bobbing he did before acting, to his voice when he announce his move, It never varies! No matter if he has the goods or air. But what a laydown by Tran, the case J or AA is all that beats him and with Tran holding 1 Ace (Jacks full JJJAA), Fuckin Quads or Aces full (AAAJJ) is the only combo's and the % of the time he actually has that is so slim, but thats what made Dwan millions, along with picking off bluffs also.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

heres a similar one

and dwan gets caught..

Broke Homey

The game Lederer plays is outdated ABC poker, when a 3bet, then all in meant AA vs KK or some kind of big cooler. Its evolved where Now 5 and 6 betting with KJ or 89 is common. Besides the fact the new breed are fearless and will ship the $100k buy in like its nothing when they sense weakness, and if they get picked off its just an online session or 2 to get it back. There is a video where Lederer gets Dwan off a big pot with a spade flush bluff. The Dummy then shows Dwan the A of spades saying "here is a little morsel", that move will cost him big down the road if it has not already with Dwan.

Broke Homey

heres a similar one

and dwan gets caught..

I like galfond a lot, he comes across humble, never cocky or arrogant like most. I watched him explain in a video (from his training site i believe) where he felted the guy with 77 for $100k ($500/$1000 NLHE) and the whole board was over cards i believe. The thought process he has is just miles and so many levels beyond that i thought it was a fake just to promote the website, but it was verified later a real session he was reording.
    Eli is kind of a rock imo, not a big bluffer, never bets or calls off thin often. Galfond picked up something and was wrong, but to have the discipline to lay that hand down is amazing imo.
    Dwan had this contest where he laid sick odds and challenged anyone , that after so many hands he would make more than the other opponent. The only clause was on Dwan's part that he refused to play Galfond because "he is to good".

ChuckyTheGoat

Galfond is many levels beyond the norm. Brilliant, great player.

Another guy who I consider to be very good is Doug Polk.

ChuckyTheGoat

Check out this laydown by Andy Black:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tlrGctaHiM

When u think about it, Quoss has to have the case-8.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Quote Originally Posted by SharpAngles View Post

Nice thread chuckster
    Easy lay, obviously not worth the call, but every online and sbr donk would have called.

ChuckyTheGoat

Genius savant Davidi Kitai calls w/ Queen-hi:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39AhUIaRyhU

Kitai is undoubtedly playing a different game than me! Who needs to make a hand, when u can call down w/ Q-hi?

ChuckyTheGoat

Thx, Sharp angles. The top poker-players are so advanced. It's like they see their opponent hands face-up.

123 Last