lilpete
    lilpete's Avatar Become A Pro!

Online poker rigged??

i have been playing online poker for nearly 15 years and i have come to the conclusion that online poker is rigged. Wish it wasnt. it is what it is nothing i can do except stop playing. i guess the best answer is to play live only

Grivas_Digeni
    Mini Horses FTW
    Grivas_Digeni's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23436

Yes it is.

**** closed thread ****

sinmiedo
    sinmiedo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 369

Quote Originally Posted by lilpete View Post
    i have been playing online poker for nearly 15 years and i have come to the conclusion that online poker is rigged. Wish it wasnt. it is what it is nothing i can do except stop playing. i guess the best answer is to play live only
    On line, the best results i had are on tournaments, and sng. I wish i could control my bad habits, and let go PLO, Do not forget that on line players are a lot better than the low stakes live games.
    I have very good results playing low stakes live, 1/2 , 2/ 5 and having an average of 4 winning sessions to 1 losing.
    I just share with you my results to help you make a decision.
    Sin

lilpete

Quote Originally Posted by sinmiedo View Post
    On line, the best results i had are on tournaments, and sng. I wish i could control my bad habits, and let go PLO, Do not forget that on line players are a lot better than the low stakes live games.
    I have very good results playing low stakes live, 1/2 , 2/ 5 and having an average of 4 winning sessions to 1 losing.
    I just share with you my results to help you make a decision.
    Sin
    thank you for your insight. online players (the ones that are real) are much tougher than live players. i have had success playing live but i dont live close enough to a legal poker room so im stuck with online.

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

Depends on your definition of rigged

lilpete

Quote Originally Posted by SharpAngles View Post
    Depends on your definition of rigged
    i think that some/most of the players are robots and the 100% of the cards dealt are controlled by a computer program or someething

astro61200
    astro61200's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

i think that some/most of the players are robots and the 100% of the cards dealt are controlled by a computer program or someething
    Robots? No.

100% of the cards dealt are controlled by a computer system, it's virtual poker and they aren't dealing out a real hand in person and then just relaying what comes out on to your screen.

Rigged? Depends on the software. Software like SBR's isn't rigged, it just isn't very good. That makes sense, though, as it's free. More expensive software, like PokerStars, is much better so less chance of what you see on SBR: 4 to a straight constantly, 4 to a flush constantly, top starting hands vs top starting hands repeatedly. Hell, I've seen quads on here 6 times in less than a week.

You also have terrible play to account for here, as well, this is, in part, because of the frequency of the things listed above, and in part because of poor play.

I saw AA lose 5 hands in a row on here over the last few days, but when you constantly have people calling pre-flop raises with garbage (because they're suited) then it's bound to happen.

It's frustrating, but I just try to remember that when the bad players get lucky and suck out on me I'll just be taking their rollover points at the ring tables later.

sinmiedo
    sinmiedo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 369

just focus on tournaments, and SNG, I believe that you will find better results in the long run.
    About the BOT, those are easy to spot and easy to make money out of it, you just have to play the way they are programmed,

SharpAngles

Word on the street is that a few regs around here and on most online sites have updated to the new HoldEm Bot 7000. Got an exclusive image from a confidential source that confirms

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

astro where do u play

astro61200

Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    astro where do u play
    I don't play for real money much anymore, when I do i play at Bovada. When I'm in NJ I play on Party Poker, but now that I'm in Florida I doubt I'll be there too much now.

Used to play on Stars but mainly as a little extra income, so never looked for alternatives after black friday.

WILDMAN35
    WILDMAN35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 197

One Line Poer

agree totally> This is rigged.

Grivas_Digeni
    Mini Horses FTW
    Grivas_Digeni's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23436

Quote Originally Posted by astro61200 View Post
    I don't play for real money much anymore, when I do i play at Bovada. When I'm in NJ I play on Party Poker, but now that I'm in Florida I doubt I'll be there too much now.

Used to play on Stars but mainly as a little extra income, so never looked for alternatives after black friday.
    Is Bovada poker truly anonymous? Impossible to keep tabs on a player?

astro61200

Quote Originally Posted by Grivas_Digeni View Post
    Everything is anonymous, can't see who is who and no notes. Your "ID" for the MTT is your registration number, so you can track players for a single MTT but after that they'll have a different registration number. Ring tables are just the seat numbers.

I haven't used a HUD since like PT2, so haven't looked for one but I doubt any software could track anything beyond a single MTT.

lilpete

i get my money in with the best hand more often then not and they just keep sucking out on me and if they dont suckout they turn a straight or flush draw to make me sweat!

Broke Homey
    Hey Cancer, penetrate You!!
    Broke Homey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 28

i get my money in with the best hand more often then not and they just keep sucking out on me and if they dont suckout they turn a straight or flush draw to make me sweat!
    It sucks and like you and others i know all to well when you Flop top set and it all goes in the middle and get felted by their flush or straight draw. But the math shows you that when the board is unpaired they get there almost 30% of the time. Pair over pair is only 80%/20% favorite to win and the list goes on and on.
    Also, like others said about online poker at low limits especially is bad play by others and maybe by yourself also. What i Mean is, those percentages drop drastically when there are 3,4,5 people to every flop, So that big over pair is now super vulnerable or even beat already. Most players at the table have no clue about poker theory and how dynamics change when playing cash games Heads up, 4-6 max or full ring poker and forget the fact that tournament's are a whole other animal and how SnG's and MTT's differ severely. So what you need to do is adjust to each situation, and how you can do this is by tracking your play starting with pre flop folding. What % of the time are you folding pre flop at full ring? If its not over 80%-85% you got a big leak. Although it sucks folding will save you $$$ and make you a winning player in the long run, in tournaments they call it "fold equity", Example You are ate the final table of a MTT in the small blind position with 20ish BB to your'e stack and there has been a raise and then 2 guys went all in after that, you look at your cards and have KK a penetrating monster. First urge for 99% of players is a shove but by folding you will move up 1 0r 2 in the money spots and not be so vulnerable in a 3 or 4 way pot. But in a cash game i am jamming it in all day. Suck outs and bad beats will always happen. You can play your hand perfectly and still lose, but realize that if your are getting it all in the middle and your ahead that in the long run you will be a winner, Even when variance is smacking you in the face. Good luck to you and soon enough it will turn around and the deck will smack you in the face and your 55%/45% will hold.

Broke Homey

SharpAngles

Must be rigged

lilpete

Quote Originally Posted by SharpAngles View Post
    Must be rigged
    soooo many people have the same experience bro....i love the game but the game doesnt love me

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Quote Originally Posted by Grivas_Digeni View Post

Yes and no. Can track players every session. There's ways to ID regs if you play often enough.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Compelling evidence in here. It's obviously rigged

Jeffie
    Jeffie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1163

Quote Originally Posted by pboozer57 View Post
    This had me in tears!! "Sir it's impossible to have 5 kings in Texas holdem"
    Hitler: the penetrate it is! Anything is possible on this abortion of a poker site.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Only 2 things in the world are not rigged. Elections and online poker. Everything else is rigged.