RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

lets get this done

Slanina
    Slanina's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5895

I'm content with the way poker is now. Players recently voted on what we wanted to add/change, which is unprecedented. They changed the payout structure back to top 12. We have nothing to complain about, IMO.

ArunSh
    ArunSh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 51613

Yes, I think poker is basically good now. Could the structure of the final big event have been better? Probably but obviously everyone will have their own opinion about what the exact format should be (I would have favored a smaller tourney with a flatter payout structure but that's just me). The format was certainly reasonable I think though perhaps not optimal (if such a thing even exists). Not a fan of adding time bank at all - there are already several players who use every opportunity they can to stall to make the $/move up in the $, and adding time bank would probably only be a further way for such folks to do that. Frankly, if there is one thing I would suggest to SBR is to look into those who are repeatedly doing that in basically every tourney they play and cut their time in half just as they did to eberetta.

leetreaper
    leetreaper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2140

150 bbs and 13 minute blinds Put down the bottle alcky

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25117

Quote Originally Posted by ArunSh View Post
    Yes, I think poker is basically good now. Could the structure of the final big event have been better? Probably but obviously everyone will have their own opinion about what the exact format should be (I would have favored a smaller tourney with a flatter payout structure but that's just me). The format was certainly reasonable I think though perhaps not optimal (if such a thing even exists). Not a fan of adding time bank at all - there are already several players who use every opportunity they can to stall to make the $/move up in the $, and adding time bank would probably only be a further way for such folks to do that. Frankly, if there is one thing I would suggest to SBR is to look into those who are repeatedly doing that in basically every tourney they play and cut their time in half just as they did to eberetta.

I agree, Im basically ok with how it is, If i was SBR I would change the payouts from 12 to 10 and probably get rid of flipping (and Im someone who occasionally flips)

astro61200
    astro61200's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Other than the finale structures, I'm fine with how it is now.

The 9pm coming back helped to thin out the field and the current blind/starting stack works pretty well with ~32 people per tournament.

I'd be all for bringing back an early morning tournament for people on conflicting schedules (I know there have been people asking for it for awhile now). This would thin out the later tournaments even more and get rid of bingo play. Ideally the starting stacks/blinds work best for 26-28 people.

You actually get to play hands instead of being required to catch a few good hands/suck out. No coincidence the better players are cashing more frequently.

bobbywaves
    bobbywaves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

Quote Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
    probably get rid of flipping (and Im someone who occasionally flips)
    Why get rid of flipping, when SBR collects rake from it?

astro61200
    astro61200's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Quote Originally Posted by bobbywaves View Post
    Would make the ring tables busier, thus making poker more popular. I don't really have a problem with it, but I'd love to get some flippers on the omaha hi table

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47642

take the reigns, philly

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff

Because it minimizes rake, others way stimulate actual ring games which will attract in others and therefore maximize rake.

You are prime example for this. You only flip, flip to exactly rollover number and leave. At least if your played the ring games your points would end up in someone else's stack and have a better chance of being in play longer therefore creating additional rake for SBR.

bobbywaves

Because it minimizes rake, others way stimulate actual ring games which will attract in others and therefore maximize rake.

You are prime example for this. You only flip, flip to exactly rollover number and leave. At least if your played the ring games your points would end up in someone else's stack and have a better chance of being in play longer therefore creating additional rake for SBR.
    Explain why I would want my pts in someone else's stack? Explain why I'm concerned about creating additional rake?

Apparently SBR disagrees with you. They allow flipping, since there's obviously nothing wrong with it.

slikec
    slikec's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Really guys you complain about flipping? Like there is easy to get few players on table on decent time to play(and by decent time i mean before 10PM GMT+1). So yes we flip is faster easier and done.

I think blind structure for qualifiers is pretty solid what bothers me is finals is turbo structure. After few lvls of blinds already 70% of field have 10bbs.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: bobbywaves

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff

Explain why I would want my pts in someone else's stack? Explain why I'm concerned about creating additional rake?

Apparently SBR disagrees with you. They allow flipping, since there's obviously nothing wrong with it.
    Of course, it's horrible for you. Your drawing dead in a ring game. Probably great for others like biteme, and the other good ring players.

And my point was not to say it was wrong but rather that doing away with it would create additional ring traffic and therefore increase point rake.

Don't worry bobby, your noon to midnight weekends are probably still covered.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

What exactly is flipping anyway?

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    Two guys sit at table (in bobbo case oMaha hi/lo). Hi lo used as it results in chopped pots.

Each puts in same amount per flop and then checks it down whole way.

Hope is both guys clear rollover finishing about even while payong minimal rake.

RudyRuetigger

Quote Originally Posted by slikec View Post

I think blind structure for qualifiers is pretty solid what bothers me is finals is turbo structure. After few lvls of blinds already 70% of field have 10bbs.
    that's what my format corrected

I didn't do any math, but eliminating first 16mins of blinds and adding time/level is key
    Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    unfukkin real, yea youd be a great mod

daneblazer needs the job

RudyRuetigger

a time bank is also needed badly

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47642

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    a time bank is also needed badly
    I think the stalling near the bubble would get much worse with a timebank but it is something to consider

RudyRuetigger

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    I think the stalling near the bubble would get much worse with a timebank but it is something to consider
    great point, didn't think of that

I really want one for cash games

RudyRuetigger

first two blinds are useless

so start 25/50 with 4k stacks

longer levels though

and maybe itd extend final ones 20-30 min but if ur final 15 u want more playability

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Of course, it's horrible for you. Your drawing dead in a ring game. Probably great for others like biteme, and the other good ring players.

And my point was not to say it was wrong but rather that doing away with it would create additional ring traffic and therefore increase point rake.

i recall waves stumbling into a hi/lo game that wasn't flippin'; he played about three hands before I felted him and he immediately bolted..... I don't think he's been back to a true ring game since

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

longer levels though

and maybe itd extend final ones 20-30 min but if ur final 15 u want more playability
    what rudy recommends makes perfect sense, as we all know, that the longer blind periods near the end of the trny, with reasonable blinds, allows the best players who make the final table to actually play some poker, as opposed to the shovefest it is under the current format.....

we'd already reached the shove fest stage in the promo final with 50 players left

and the bonus starting stacks based on qualifying makes total sense, as well.... not only for next fall's promo, but also for what I presume will be a wsop m.e. seat starting in relatively short order

RudyRuetigger

longer levels though

and if anyone worried about this taking too long.....the first half of field would be out QUICKER

bobbywaves

Why would I be concerned about creating additional traffic for ring games, which take much longer to complete rolls? My flipping is obviously working, as my balance clearly indicates.

It's how 2 intelligent folks complete rolls more quickly & efficiently, playing weekend Omaha H/L instead of ring games. By betting an agreed amount pre flop & letting cards decide the outcome with no further betting.

RudyRuetigger

It's how 2 intelligent folks complete rolls more quickly & efficiently, playing weekend Omaha H/L instead of ring games. By betting an agreed amount pre flop & letting cards decide the outcome with no further betting.
    bobby no one likes you, as no one likes me. Its too bad we differ on every single thing or we could be teammates

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

Typical lowlife loser mentality...

"Why would I want to improve SBR poker as a whole if it means I have a harder time completing RO's?"

How about because it'll improve the site and provide SBR more opportunity to have great promos for us you fuggin blood sucker???

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

that's what my format corrected

I didn't do any math, but eliminating first 16mins of blinds and adding time/level is key

unfukkin real, yea youd be a great mod

daneblazer needs the job
    rudy chill out. I assumed what if was but since I don't play anything but holdem I always wondered how you could flip playing that.

RudyRuetigger

quick fact: I started the flipping here

don't worry had to explain it to 95% of these "experts" on sbr

12 Last