JoeyBagels
    JoeyBagels's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4500

SBR Tourney - Is this considered chip dumping?

***** Hand history (v1.2) ***** Hand ID 5320787 $0 + $6 Texas Hold'em (No Limit) - 20:00:00 24/09/2015 ET Table 'Table 63021',
    10 seats max, Real money Seat 1 is the button. Small Blind $200, Big Blind $400 Note: seat IDs range from 1 to 10 Seat 1 (playing) :
    JoeyBagels, amount $3852, amount bet $0, penalty (None) Seat 4 (playing) : spider, amount $5474, amount bet $0, penalty (None) Seat 5 (playing) : Triple_D_Bet, amount $6739, amount bet $0, penalty (None) Seat 6 (playing) : CHOICE, amount $475, amount bet $0, penalty (None) Seat 7 (playing) : spurginobili1, amount $3180, amount bet $0, penalty (None) Seat 8 (playing) : thetrinity, amount $3489, amount bet $0, penalty (None) Seat 9 (playing) : promiseland, amount $5799, amount bet $0, penalty (None) Seat 10 (playing) : mikemca, amount $2350, amount bet $0, penalty (None) spider: Small Blind ($200) Triple_D_Bet: Big Blind ($400)

** Dealing Down Cards **
    Dealt to JoeyBagels: [8s, 2d] CHOICE: Fold
    spurginobili1: Fold
    thetrinity: Fold
    promiseland: Fold
    mikemca: Fold
    JoeyBagels: Fold
    [pre] ($0) spider: Call ($200)
    Triple_D_Bet: Raise ($1000)
    spider: Call ($600)
    ** Dealing Flop **
    Community cards: [7c, 4h, 3d]
    spider: Check ($0)
    Triple_D_Bet: Bet ($1234.56)
    spider: Call ($1234.56)
    ** Dealing Turn **
    Community cards: [5c] spider: Check ($0)
    Triple_D_Bet: Bet ($3213.44)
    spider: Raise ($3214.44)
    Triple_D_Bet: Fold
    ** End Round **
    ** Evaluate **
    spider: Muck ($0)
    ** Showdown **
    Main pot $11097, Rake $0 Summary spider: bet $5449, won $11097, net $5648, won $11097 from main pot.

Triple D says he was not dumping. I'm not saying he was but you call there for $1 more to REMOVE the suspicion anyway. What are we supposed to think seeing that hand?

tradeout
    Become A Pro!
    tradeout's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 55306

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25123

Triple got caught and didnt want to show his hand. For $1 seems obvious call but when you dont want the table seeing your going nuts with 8 high and you know spider has you beat you fold.

Triple_D_Bet
    Triple_D_Bet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 219

Quote Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
    Triple got caught and didnt want to show his hand. For $1 seems obvious call but when you dont want the table seeing your going nuts with 8 high and you know spider has you beat you fold.
    Lol, DS gets it...real money i'll call for the ~6% chance to chop, but around here I'll just fold for effect.

JoeyBagels

He had 1.2k behind after the fold with $200/$400 blinds. Are we really trying to argue that he did it for table image with 3 bb's left for not calling the $1?

bobbywaves
    bobbywaves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

Fact of the matter is, it's quite embarrassing for Tripe to show the crap bluff hands he plays.

Should be obvious to anyone who's at his table...Tripe has the highest % of raising & folding to a re-raise, in SBR poker history.

4uk4life
    4uk4life's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1820

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyBagels View Post
    He had 1.2k behind after the fold with $200/$400 blinds. Are we really trying to argue that he did it for table image with 3 bb's left for not calling the $1?
    It's not the first time he's done it and won't be the last. He knows it's just points and gives zero shits
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BeerDog99, and Triple_D_Bet

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9183

He's done it against me for about 10 points and a large pot too.

Probably should be drawn and quartered come to think...
    Points Awarded:

BeerDog99 gave Optional 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JoeyBagels

Quote Originally Posted by 4uk4life View Post
    It's not the first time he's done it and won't be the last. He knows it's just points and gives zero shits
    Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post

Good then. I am always weary when i see something like that. My apologies triple d.
    Points Awarded:

BeerDog99 gave JoeyBagels 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

Points Awarded:

BeerDog99 gave SharpAngles 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

BeerDog99
    BeerDog99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 177

I like this thread, makes me LOL after a long week and a longer week coming up.

Oh and Rigged Shithole (tm)!!!

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BeerDog99

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47489

I can see your concern, joey. When someone is getting ridiculous pot odds like that and not call it draws suspicion. But in this case, it looks to be a stone cold bluff where he did not want his cards to be seen(as downsouth stated) coupled with the fact that Triper is about as stand up of a guy that there is on this forum.

Non issue
    Points Awarded:

Triple_D_Bet gave JAKEPEAVY21 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Triple_D_Bet gave JAKEPEAVY21 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Triple_D_Bet gave JAKEPEAVY21 3 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Triple_D_Bet

Quote Originally Posted by bobbywaves View Post
    Fact of the matter is, it's quite embarrassing for Tripe to show the crap bluff hands he plays.

Should be obvious to anyone who's at his table...Tripe has the highest % of raising & folding to a re-raise, in SBR poker history.
    Your first statement is a reasonable extension of your ignorance of poker, but that doesn't make you correct, just consistently wrong. Your second statement is funnier, always amusing to see someone not only incorrectly use actual poker terms but to contradict himself doing so

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post

I've been drawn before, wasn't flattering...but as long as the best parts of me were all on the same quarter I'd be all for it

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyBagels View Post
    Good then. I am always weary when i see something like that. My apologies triple d.
    It's all good, never hurts to ask

Quote Originally Posted by GUMMO77 View Post
    98% of posting around here, summed up in one picture

bobbywaves

Quote Originally Posted by Triple_D_Bet View Post
    Your first statement is a reasonable extension of your ignorance of poker, but that doesn't make you correct, just consistently wrong. Your second statement is funnier, always amusing to see someone not only incorrectly use actual poker terms but to contradict himself doing so
    My statements are 100% accurate, otherwise there's no reason not to call 1 chip. The embarrassment & humiliation of donkeying off your stack with 2,7, obviously prevented you from making the easy call & show.

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1683

I don't see a problem with it. About half the hands I win in live tournaments are bluffs

Triple_D_Bet

My statements are 100% accurate, otherwise there's no reason not to call 1 chip. The embarrassment & humiliation of donkeying off your stack with 2,7, obviously prevented you from making the easy call & show.
    Poor bobbo....if only claiming you weren't wrong made it true

Quote Originally Posted by Itsamazing777 View Post
    I don't see a problem with it. About half the hands I win in live tournaments are bluffs
    Nod, bluffing a part of poker, concept understood by those who play poker instead of playing cards

bobbywaves

Poor bobbo....if only claiming you weren't wrong made it true
    Poor Tripe, gets caught with his pants down & not man enough to show his bluff.

I'm sure it wasn't the 1st time you were ever caught with pants down, & it certainly won't be the last time.

Triple_D_Bet

Poor Tripe, gets caught with his pants down & not man enough to show his bluff.

I'm sure it wasn't the 1st time you were ever caught with pants down, & it certainly won't be the last time.
    Nod, bluffing a part of poker, concept understood by those who play poker instead of playing cards