Timmay
    Timmay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6751

Software/huds to use on WPN network?

What should I use?

My buddy says Holdem Manager2. Anyone else know of some other stuff to check out.
    Like Sharkscope???

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

What stakes you playing Tim? A HUD will cost you money unless you have a lot of data on the same group of regs you'll be playing against. Pretty worthless if you're planning on grinding smaller stakes with a large player base.

Timmay

How much money? Like a couple hundred?

I'm willing to. I was just wondering what's the best software.

astro61200
    astro61200's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

When I bought PokerTracker2 years ago for PokerStars it was like $50

Just checked and PokerTracker 4 is free to try for 30 days (not sure if it has limited features) and the full version is $100 ($60 for small stakes). They also have one for Omaha (same pricing) or can get one that does both for $160

I would recommend it, if you're trying to make money it won't hurt (and $100 shouldn't set you back too much, if it does then you shouldn't be playing in the first place)

Sharp is right, might not help too much with players unless you play A LOT but you can also use it to analyze your own play and determine that it's really not worth it to play that QT suited.

Try the free version, see if you think it's worth it, and go for it. It can be helpful for multi-tabling as you'll have an idea who is aggressive and who is not.

I played in a Louisville Poker League on Stars against the same people, ended up winning the tour for the year because I had so much data on everything.

Timmay

Thanks for your input guys. What about HM2?
    I definitely want a program because I'm now playing on a non anon site. Just signed up on the WPN network.

Was using Holdem Indicator on Bovada.

I'm thinking HM2...... What do you think? Also is Sharkscope any good to get too?

loveofsports
    loveofsports's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1380

pokertracker 4 is much much better than hm2...theres also ways to extend pt4 trial forever pm me

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

I meant cost you money in the bad decision sense. Unless you've mined a ton of data on the players you're up against the hud won't help much and usually tends to give false positives because you've played minimal hands against them. VPIP and 3bet% dont mean much if you've only got 20 hands on someone.

Im a PT4 guy but I just use the tracking and some of the EV tools. Last I heard HM2s hud was having problems running on the WP network. Something about incomplete information in the window header that kept the hud from running properly. Not sure if thats been addressed so you probably want to run the trial and see how it works before dropping any cash.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Quote Originally Posted by SharpAngles View Post
    What stakes you playing Tim? A HUD will cost you money unless you have a lot of data on the same group of regs you'll be playing against. Pretty worthless if you're planning on grinding smaller stakes with a large player base.
    Ya Stakes & games are important. I'm not a tournament or sng grinder, but I would think a hud wouldn't be essential for them unless you wanted to track results. Cash games definitely essential unless you're grinding out something less than 25nl. These days, I'm not looking to fight it out against guys with large databases anyways. Low hanging fruit. A player playing 50/5 after 30 hands usually doesn't change it up over the next 70 hands and becomes a world beater.