thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

live 1/2 hand

this was not me, but someone i know

here is the hand

he just got to table around 30 minutes ago, player 1 has been playing wild raising multiple hands but not really showing any cards, other player is very tight old man hardly ever playing

player 1 has 300 my friend has 300 old guy has 200

player 1 makes it 7 from middle position my friend calls with 99 old guy calls on button, only those 3 see the flop.

flop q93 all clubs

player 1 bets 40, my friend calls, old man shoves 200, player 1 quickly shoves 300, so my friend needs to call 260 to stay.

Triple_D_Bet
    Triple_D_Bet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 219

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    this was not me, but someone i know

here is the hand

he just got to table around 30 minutes ago, player 1 has been playing wild raising multiple hands but not really showing any cards, other player is very tight old man hardly ever playing

player 1 has 300 my friend has 300 old guy has 200

player 1 makes it 7 from middle position my friend calls with 99 old guy calls on button, only those 3 see the flop.

flop q93 all clubs

player 1 bets 40, my friend calls, old man shoves 200, player 1 quickly shoves 300, so my friend needs to call 260 to stay.
    I think you could go either way with that one. At worst, a call is only a little bit off the pot odds to do so, and at best you've got both of them on draws or a lower set of trips. Depends on my mood, but I'd probably fold unless I was trying to cultivate an image that wouldn't.

Bigbill365
    Big Money Bettors
    Bigbill365's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1016

man i hate when i got trips and possible flush is already in play if i got trips and i see 3 of a suit and i dont have that suit or the ace of that suit im folding

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Friend dead in the water. The tight old man shove means business... Then original raiser over shoves. Best case scenario you're up against something like AcQx & KK/AA. Worst case is everything else that is ahead of you. Plus he's deep...

Fwiw I'd rather 3bet the maniac preflop and try to get him heads up with position.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Friend dead in the water. The tight old man shove means business... Then original raiser over shoves. Best case scenario you're up against something like AcQx & KK/AA. Worst case is everything else that is ahead of you. Plus he's deep...

Fwiw I'd rather 3bet the maniac preflop and try to get him heads up with position.
    yea i kind of agree with that

he is getting over 2-1 on his money even if the reckless guy also has a flush though, which seems pretty unlikely given his play and the old man probably having a flush.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

let it rip and pair the bd to win it all; at a minium he probably takes the sidepot and only ships 100 in the big picture

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

I thought they were all at 300 at first. So thats 260 to win about $800... Assuming you aren't against queens and one of these guys had a flush, you're winning around 28% of the time. Throw in the times you're actually ahead and it's a tough spot. Far more worried about the old guy so I think it comes down to how loss averse you want to be and if you want to gamble...might even be ahead

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!
    mpaschal34's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5600

so what happened?

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

reckless has ace of clubs 7 offsuit

old man has kj of clubs

he folds turn 2 clubs river 2 spades

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!
    mpaschal34's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5600

very nice win then.

Triple_D_Bet
    Triple_D_Bet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 219

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    reckless has ace of clubs 7 offsuit

old man has kj of clubs

he folds turn 2 clubs river 2 spades
    Love boards like that, excellent for tilting the whole table

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

3 bet pre. Calling is asking for more calls behind and there are a ton of flops that shrink 99.

As played, easy fold. The tight old guy is not pushing with a draw here and doubtful player 1 is calling with anything you beat, although this is 1-2 so naked ace makes sense I guess, but old mans push is all the info you need to let it go.

ballahollic2
    Update your status
    ballahollic2's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10716

He is going to be somewhere between 30-35% I assume with their ranges. Tight guy is turning over a flush a vast majority of the time and more reckless guy appears to have the Ace of clubs would be my guess. If worst case scenario they flip over their hands and reckless guy has AA with Ac and the tight guy has some sort of flush I guess you aren't getting the right price if your basing it all off of math. Without actually adding it up I assume your putting in like 250 more to win the 550ish that is out there currently. The problem is when you hit you should assume you are always winning so your equity is better in that sense because It is so tough to get redrawn on when u actually do improve. For the record I am never folding. The math is close enough even if it isn't slightly right and you have to assume there is a chance you can be ahead every once in awhile. Tight guy can turn over 33 and the reckless guy can have just the Ac or any other random combination you would never expect to be possible. Plus you have already put in like 16% of ur stack. Folding that long term can not be right IMO.