astro61200
    astro61200's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Glitch

I've been playing for about an hour at the 1/2 table and twice now I've seen people run their time out completely, they get the extra 5 seconds and then that runs out then the software says they went all in (doesn't add any more chips to the table) and the hand plays out

Happened against Triple D after the river and it didn't change anything.

Just happened against sinmiedo. I raised preflop, he called. I bet after flop, he called. I then bet the turn and his time ran out, he got the 5 seconds, that ran out and it said he went all in. It put my bet after the turn in a side pot, flipped our cards over and played out the hand.

At the time it said he went all in, I had around 350 in chips, he had around 300.

Is this a known error? It's a pretty annoying glitch as it could have cost me hundreds worth of points, if he kept calling with his straight draw.

BiTeMe UsAdOj
    Profundity
    BiTeMe UsAdOj's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 716

It means they got disconnected

astro61200

Quote Originally Posted by BiTeMe UsAdOj View Post
    It means they got disconnected
    I'm aware of that. However the software should fold to a bet and check to a check in the event they are disconnected. Not say they went all in, create a side pot with the current bet and then play the hand out.

BiTeMe UsAdOj
    Profundity

It's called disconnect protection (limited)...it's why the software does what it does

astro61200

It's called disconnect protection (limited)...it's why the software does what it does
    So if I feel like chasing for a nice pot, but don't want to pay anymore to see it then just disconnect from the internet and I get some free cards? Awesome!

BiTeMe UsAdOj
    Profundity

Quote Originally Posted by astro61200 View Post
    So if I feel like chasing for a nice pot, but don't want to pay anymore to see it then just disconnect from the internet and I get some free cards? Awesome!
    Why it's limited (2) and it's pretty easy to discern who's abusing it and who really got disconnected through no fault of their own.

Have some around here abused it and purposely disconnected? YEP... and they've been called out for it over the years.

Not saying I agree they should have it (I've played at many sites over many years, some had the protection, some didn't)... BUT ... I was just explaining the dealio to you to alleviate your confusion as to what you saw happen.

Slanina
    Slanina's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5895

Quote Originally Posted by astro61200 View Post
    I always wondered that. I'm on my laptop using my WIFI. So it takes only a click to disconnect. So i'm sure some do it. Crazy.

BiTeMe UsAdOj
    Profundity

Quote Originally Posted by Slanina View Post
    I always wondered that. I'm on my laptop using my WIFI. So it takes only a click to disconnect. So i'm sure some do it. Crazy.
    Peeps that do it purposely are scumbags and unethical... but again, not hard to figure out (via various criteria) if someone did it on purpose.

Obviously it wasn't purposeful in astro's occurrences.

astro61200

Peeps that do it purposely are scumbags and unethical... but again, not hard to figure out (via various criteria) if someone did it on purpose.

Obviously it wasn't purposeful in astro's occurrences.
    No it was not, and thanks for making it clear. I only recently started playing poker again on SBR after not playing for years, so I either forgot it did this or was never aware of it in the first place.
    Points Awarded:

BiTeMe UsAdOj gave astro61200 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Slanina
    Slanina's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5895

Bite, you have to be kidding me with your trivia. Help me now.

BiTeMe UsAdOj
    Profundity

Quote Originally Posted by Slanina View Post
    Bite, you have to be kidding me with your trivia. Help me now.

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

Just wait until they do it then sit back in less than a second later. Or do it the second time in an hour, then bail. There's a legit reason to have it so can't get rid of t but the best thing to do is call these angle shooters out when it happens