eberetta1
    Win some cha-ching
    eberetta1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12587

SBR Poker Improvements - Pile It On

I sure hope when the improved SBR poker software comes out with their enhancements that they do away with the 1500 beginning chips. The blinds increase so quickly that we get forced into an all-in-or-fold strategy of play at SBR poker. Most of the other forums I play in have a 3000 or 5000 starting chip tournament structure. This also works better for the person sent to the WSOP tourney. I doubt the WSOP starts players out with 1500 chips. 1500 chips is old news.

I do not remember any of the regulars here asking for a 5 players paid structure either. Most agree a final table appearance should be ITM, if 12 winners is asking for too much.

Be allowed to show which cards I folded while hand is still being played out.

Get rid of hand for hand play at 15 players.

rufflesmuncher
    rufflesmuncher's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

Lets just hope they see this. Also I do like the speed of the game. I don't really have more than 1-1.5 hours in the day to spend on free poker lol

YouHave2outs
    YouHave2outs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

should also allow late registration

rufflesmuncher

again not so big on that, I like the speed of the game, late registration would really slow it down.

horja1
    Grrrrrr
    horja1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by rufflesmuncher View Post
    again not so big on that, I like the speed of the game, late registration would really slow it down.
    This

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

I agree that the length of tournies is one of the good points right now.

Would really be better to make smaller start stacks and longer/smaller blind jumps if you want to reduce the all-in pressure until later in the tourney I think.

Hate to be a bubble burster too. But I haven't heard of plans for a software update in the near future. :\

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

What other "forums" have poker?

The rng is a huge issue

sinmiedo
    sinmiedo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 369

For the next one, here is my thought:
    This pay out has allow less limping to the money and a reworded the skill a lot more, case proven by the final 50 pl all good players, some gifted ones like Jake Arum Jedi Mpaschal Autodonk Beerdog,Bite,Gummo, to name a few.
    My issue here is that players that made the big effort and play well during this last 4 months, my get in the unlucky hand with another that barely qualify, and be sent off in a few hands, so to even the field, it would be nice to have some handicap advantage for the ones that earned the top positions.
    This has been the case in many qualifying promotions, where the best performances never won or not even made the money.
    To solved the handicap it would be fair that a larger percentage of chips be awarded , so, i would use the starting chips count as per the final score, and adjust the tournament blind level to 15 minutes with blinds going up as SBR decides.
    Our best player for this promo JAKEPAVY , after a great effort will be restarting with the bottom of the field.
    Again is an idea i think should be disused.
    Good luck to all finalist, and lets fair play be our goal.

rufflesmuncher

wait so u mean like you get more chips depending where u qualify? if so, that could be cool idea

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

structure is good for dailies

they got cheap on the points, if you pay 5, payouts should be higher, or pay 10.

get rid of hand for hand at 15 players for the love of god

im ok with late register for 1 level only, these tournaments are fast as it is

sinmiedo

Quote Originally Posted by rufflesmuncher View Post
    wait so u mean like you get more chips depending where u qualify? if so, that could be cool idea
    Yes. That is the idea.

rufflesmuncher

Quote Originally Posted by sinmiedo View Post
    Yes. That is the idea.
    Nice I like that. But heres my question, what are the chances they actually take the time to listen to what any of us have to say?? Seeing as they are getting cheaper with the points, and don't get me wrong giving away a seat is well worth being cheap on the points, why would they want to go back to giving more??

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

i personally like the hand for hand at 15; gives me a chance to mix a drink before the final table and the "real" poker begins......

"real' being a "jam it in with a-ten or any pair other than duces" shove-fest

serves as a good warning sign; plus gives me the chance to see where waves crashed and burned well prior to the money yet again

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

I think whatever the amount of points for dailies, the prizes need to go down to 12th if only 3 tournies per day. Or 9th if we run 4 per day. Just to make sure enough players have poker points to roll so we can get a ring table game going more often than now.

To help make up for the lower prizes for the dailies I think we should have a monthly leaderboard (with updates weekly) and have some sort of bigger prize for each monthly champ.

And top 3 each month should qualify for an annual SBR Poker Champion deep stack tourney in early January.

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    I think whatever the amount of points for dailies, the prizes need to go down to 12th if only 3 tournies per day. Or 9th if we run 4 per day. Just to make sure enough players have poker points to roll so we can get a ring table game going more often than now.

To help make up for the lower prizes for the dailies I think we should have a monthly leaderboard (with updates weekly) and have some sort of bigger prize for each monthly champ.

And top 3 each month should qualify for an annual SBR Poker Champion deep stack tourney in early January.

Opti for Poker Czar!!!!

Long live Opti!!!!

Auto Donk

Viva opti!!!! Viva opti!!!!

slikec
    slikec's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Qualifiers stack blinds etc. all good. Would prefer a bit better rewards for qualifiers aswell as also few more places in cash. Hand for hand for 15th place never made any sense since we never had 14 places in cash so that is bad.

What i would suggest is all players at start get 30s additional time bank to use when they face hard decision with adding all active players 10s every 30min.

Also i would suggest very badly that final tournament stack is bigger and blind lvls are longer. Is pretty bad that final is pretty same structure as qualifiers. Final is where you give 85% or 90% of all stuff and i dont understand why you dont make it longer is played 2-3times per year here anyway. I doubt many would mind playing final 5hours till final table and 6-6and half till end instead 3hours like was so far.

rufflesmuncher

i like opti's ideas. Keep it up brush and hope they make some movements

playersonly69
    playersonly69's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 142

Guys the hand for hand thing at 15 really isn't an issue. Not that big of a deal. What is a big deal is the fact that very few players have points that they need to roll over anymore. Thus, you don't see many players playing ring games. And with the big difference in 1st place and 2nd place, it can even be hard for 1st place to roll over his points within 1 day sometimes. Mainly because each day only 3 people win 500 points and everyone else wins from 50-200.

Maybe add one more tournament per day and pay out 7 places or so per event. Make it a 10 point entry with first place winning 600, second 400, 300, 200, 150, 100, 50

With the above payouts, you will get more action in the ring games since everyone has more points to roll over and you have another tournament each day

Triple_D_Bet
    Triple_D_Bet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 219

Length of tourneys is ok (considering the impracticality of extending it to longer blind levels), as is format. I don't think payouts is too big of a deal with the format; even if they handed out a few more points, wouldn't change participation. I'd rather see lower daily prizes/higher contest prizes, as with this format.

For this contest format, with something like a WSOP seat on the line, shouldn't be a final imo...give it to the guy with best overall performance, or maybe best per-tourney results if you really wanna get crazy. Best way of selecting skill...do a final for the points if you want, but if the goal is to send best to WSOP, top of leaderboard should get it for sure.

I don't think tourney format has been announced, but +1 to wanting it longer and with longer blind levels....really really important!

Auto Donk

i say implement the present nascar format next year if this promo is done again..... even get an extra point for having the chiplead at any point after the first thirty mins of the trny (similar to leading a lap)! give the winner an extra ten points; second 5; then, if there were 30 players, first gets 30 pts, 2nd gets 29 pts, 3rd 28pts, etc., ad 30th gets 1 point.

this would also dissuade pussies like waves who search daily for the lowest entrant trny...... win a trny with 45 players that day, get 55 pts; win the late one with 27, you only get 37 pts......... (plus one extra bonus pt for having obviously held the chip lead)

and elect a bill france jr-like czar to enforce "detrimental to the sport of trny poker" penalties such as letting the air out of the cards type po69-style infractions.......... dock points for random bull shit poker etiquette/softplay/etc. offenses to really keeep the message bds hoppin'!!!!

At the end of the promo period, pts leader wins the championship/wsop seat...... (no reset for a "chase" period, unless peavy is 200 pts ahead of everyone with ten trnies to go!!!)
    Last edited by Auto Donk; 04-19-15 at 08:46 AM.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

I like a combination of sin and triple d's idea.

Give players more chips at the championship for finishing higher up in the standings since its a shovefest anyways.

I suggested having 2 tournaments earlier, almost like a shootout format.

5 10 handed tables, then a 10 handed championship table, play down to 2 players at 3 tables, but let the top 10 play for 3 spots amongst themselves and 41st-50th has their own table with 1 player advancing.

the ring game traffic is almost nonexistent now, they should just pay us points if they want to keep it at 3 tournaments with 5 payouts.
    Last edited by thetrinity; 04-19-15 at 10:16 AM.

Auto Donk

many great ideas on the board; like trinity's shootout format as well

playersonly69

The main thing to stimulate more interest in the ring action is to pay more places. Just have a buyin of 10-12 points per tournament if necessary.

And I am not saying pay more places because I couldn't make enough points in the last tournament, hell I would have qualified and didn't play for the final 5 weeks. But under the current structure you really don't have anyone who plays the ring action

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Bring back the 9pm est

YouHave2outs
    YouHave2outs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

how does late registration significantly slow down a tournament? all it does is add to the player pool, which I feel the bigger the better. the prize pools are tiny, which is one of the main reasons it's not worth it to play.

you have to remember, the way these tournaments are structured, they will end near the same couple of levels regardless of extra people joining in. the difference between 50 or 100 people entering a tournament would lengthen it by about 2 blind levels on average i'd say, given how stack to blind ratio gets as the tournament progresses.

think about the 45 man turbos on pokerstars length compared to the 180 man.

45ers ended around 600/1200, realistically maxing at like 800/1600. 180s ended around 2000/4000, very very rarely seeing over 4000/8000. the 180 on average took about 15-20 minutes longer.

not that it's a vital issue anyways. i just know i'd play a lot more often.

RealMadrid
    RealMadrid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2866

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Bring back the 9pm est
    and if it's possible...10 a.m. for Europe

Robber
    Robber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 92737

You're all wasting your time

People in charge aren't listening

Slanina
    Slanina's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5895

So is there any tourney today? Just when I hit my stride...

sinmiedo

Quote Originally Posted by Slanina View Post
    So is there any tourney today? Just when I hit my stride...
    with all the complains and whining, we may loose SBR poker.
    Guys, we have a good thing going here, please help maintaining it.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Fix the rng

qwertvt
    qwertvt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

I make this suggestion each year so why break tradition.

How about 7 card stud ring games, perhaps tourneys but they last longer than hold'em tournaments.

Not a big fan of HORSE but there is always one of my favorites (not popular with others) RAZZ.

I guess the theme here is variety.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

someone with common sense to moderate it

would be a huge step in right direction

VBPro7
    VBPro7's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4934

Get rid of the Auto-Kick feature. I can't count how many times i've registered for a tourny only to catch it 15 mins late and a message saying i've been booted. (Or give me back my buyin)
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: playersonly69

playersonly69

Quote Originally Posted by VBPro7 View Post
    Get rid of the Auto-Kick feature. I can't count how many times i've registered for a tourny only to catch it 15 mins late and a message saying i've been booted. (Or give me back my buyin)

This is the main problem with the software in my opinion