TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    These tourneys are not taking 3 hours. No more than 1:40. 500 points = about $24 pizza. So that's over $14/hour.

Granted, they're poker points so that takes some time to play through.
    say you were being sarcastic. Cuz if you were being serious... something is wrong with your brain.

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5964

Aces cracked by AQ all in preflop last night in the rebuy.

I said vnh, but not sure I meant that one.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21665

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    say you were being sarcastic. Cuz if you were being serious... something is wrong with your brain.
    This needs to be read in the context of the post that I was replying to. I was just making a math observation in reply to a specific post.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47525

Quote Originally Posted by stevek173 View Post
    Aces cracked by AQ all in preflop last night in the rebuy.

I said vnh, but not sure I meant that one.
    all donker's complaining is finally paying off...he cracked my AA also with AT...he has been on fire this year so far..

stevek173

lol I didn't know the poker gods reward complaining.

I am going to be a penetrating complaint factory now.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

This needs to be read in the context of the post that I was replying to. I was just making a math observation in reply to a specific post.
    I see where you're coming from. The factual point is that these daily tournaments are time consuming. There really is ZERO VALUE in playing them. The people that do play... are the ones just sharpening their poker skills... and/or having a little fun with posters they know from here.

stevek173

I view the value as someone winning the ticket. Yes the overlay is horrendous in comparison to how it was but it's still free. Definitely more like playing lotto now though. I just miss everyone playing ring all the time, we had so many good times.
    Last edited by stevek173; 02-09-15 at 11:38 AM.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    all donker's complaining is finally paying off...he cracked my AA also with AT...he has been on fire this year so far..
    wait......he called an all in w A10 or shoved?

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

damn right i did, but (1) Jake didn' t have much behind it and could've been making a move in early position, 2) I was big stacked, 3) the cards were suited, 4) I employed Lowly Oaftard's "guaranteed Broadway manuever," 5) THE SBR GOLDEN BOY JAKE PEAVY CAN'T WIN EVERYHAND, THO IT OFTEN SEEMS THAT WAY, and 6) I announced prior to making the call "I probably shouldn't do this."

however, my personal favorite was having kq clubs, raising, having aa move all in on me, employing lowly oaftard's "guaranteed flush" manuever, making the call, to river a KING HIGH STRAIGHT FLUSH to crack those aces!!!!

ps, jake and stevie, if it's any consolation AA was cracked five times at my table that day, twice by me, three other times by Mike Jam, and two people I can't recall........

IT'S SBR, GENTS!!!! IT'S NOT INTRAMURALS!!!!!! IT'S BIGGER THAN THE BIG 12!!!! HERE, let me let this guy take over:

ps.... jake, by all accounts, you have run hotter than me this year by far; i've seen u win every race on the way from ss at final table to winning the damn thing, coming from behind to suckout to win, simply not capable of being beat........ I had my kk cracked by shit yesterday, lost several 66-33 hands, lost to ten nine off with Ax to leave the trny.....

If I'm on fire, you're straight-up hell!!!!!!
    Last edited by Auto Donk; 02-09-15 at 11:48 AM.

Triple_D_Bet
    Triple_D_Bet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 219

At the risk of being the 100th to say it, jake is one of the best here independent of his performance in this contest. If SBR runs a reasonably paced final tournament as they should, Jake stands a decent chance to take it down. Would work out well, one of the few guys who might be able to travel on that budget anyways!

stevek173

Jake is a fukking monster.

I consider him to be Goliath and me to be David.

Who won in that story?

Triple_D_Bet
    Triple_D_Bet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 219

Quote Originally Posted by stevek173 View Post
    Jake is a fukking monster.

I consider him to be Goliath and me to be David.

Who won in that story?
    Books were the big winner there. Plus without massive public action on Goliath, David's reign would have seen a lot more resistance from the new rich, instead of people desperate to follow him to war in order to pay off bookies....just goes to show that massive square action can change the world

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21665

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    I see where you're coming from. The factual point is that these daily tournaments are time consuming. There really is ZERO VALUE in playing them. The people that do play... are the ones just sharpening their poker skills... and/or having a little fun with posters they know from here.
    No doubt people play for fun only. Not saying it's any kind of money-making endeavor. Just saying if you do win a tourney, it's like being paid about $14/hour.

Auto Donk

Quote Originally Posted by Triple_D_Bet View Post
    Would work out well, one of the few guys who might be able to travel on that budget anyways!
    hahah..... if gas stays where it's at..........

i'll be out there for a 1500 buyin bracelet event early june; cash big in it and I'm buying into the main.......

Auto Donk

No doubt people play for fun only. Not saying it's any kind of money-making endeavor. Just saying if you do win a tourney, it's like being paid about $14/hour.
    money here is non-existent......... i enjoy playing here b/c the skill level is pretty good overall, a helluva lot better than on the bullshit site i won a lifetime membership to, so i can keep skills sharp, talk some smack, enjoy the games/trnies, and never have anything at risk......... and candidly, i do enjoy playing with the majority of players here; it's more fun to see the same 30-40 guys than to play total strangers online....

business has been pretty good thus far first quarter, if it stays like this through May, which i think it will, I'm going to wind up doing 2-3 weeks in june at the rio......... already drafting my "vacation letter" to get on file in harris and montgomery counties.......

need to start playing more live here in htown, and cherry pick the big local underground trnies -- each room generally runs some type of larger than usual $100.00 buyin plus $5k splashed to the prize pool every six months or so; thus with the no. of rooms around that i know of, there's usually at least one decent trny per month.......

it's gettin near poker time, boys
    Last edited by Auto Donk; 02-09-15 at 03:16 PM.

stevek173

Books were the big winner there. Plus without massive public action on Goliath, David's reign would have seen a lot more resistance from the new rich, instead of people desperate to follow him to war in order to pay off bookies....just goes to show that massive square action can change the world
    lmFao

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

I was going to try to play a few tournaments, but then I remembered the 9pm is gone.

stevek173

Right there with you Daner. The 11 pm is so tough for me to due to my schedule, just glad my woman puts up with it. When I use it to win the wsop she will be thoroughly rewarded.
    Last edited by stevek173; 02-09-15 at 03:33 PM.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

maybe it's $14/hour for the winner in an alternate reality where there is no rake on the rollover, the rollover doesn't take any time, and people like to be paid in pizza gift cards... but back to my original post about 3 hours, that was in response to someone wanting the tournaments to last 3 hours to be more skill-based which i thought was ridiculous

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47525

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    wait......he called an all in w A10 or shoved?
    yes but it was during the rebuy period and i was short
    Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    damn right i did, but (1) Jake didn' t have much behind it and could've been making a move in early position, 2) I was big stacked, 3) the cards were suited, 4) I employed Lowly Oaftard's "guaranteed Broadway manuever," 5) THE SBR GOLDEN BOY JAKE PEAVY CAN'T WIN EVERYHAND, THO IT OFTEN SEEMS THAT WAY, and 6) I announced prior to making the call "I probably shouldn't do this."

however, my personal favorite was having kq clubs, raising, having aa move all in on me, employing lowly oaftard's "guaranteed flush" manuever, making the call, to river a KING HIGH STRAIGHT FLUSH to crack those aces!!!!

ps, jake and stevie, if it's any consolation AA was cracked five times at my table that day, twice by me, three other times by Mike Jam, and two people I can't recall........

IT'S SBR, GENTS!!!! IT'S NOT INTRAMURALS!!!!!! IT'S BIGGER THAN THE BIG 12!!!! HERE, let me let this guy take over:

ps.... jake, by all accounts, you have run hotter than me this year by far; i've seen u win every race on the way from ss at final table to winning the damn thing, coming from behind to suckout to win, simply not capable of being beat........ I had my kk cracked by shit yesterday, lost several 66-33 hands, lost to ten nine off with Ax to leave the trny.....

If I'm on fire, you're straight-up hell!!!!!!
    you have paid your dues for your heater sir

Lee Jones
    Lee Jones's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 680

Personally I'd rather have a shot at a main event seat rather than more shots at smaller buyin. Reason being this isn't a package where accommodations, flights etc are inluded. The $500 wouldn't even cover my trip from Canada. Therefore I'd rather win a 10k seat then sell maybe another 20-30% of action to cover all my trip expenses (you could end up being there for a few days and make nothing in the main event) have some extra for cash games at the Rio. If I won a $1000 entry it wouldn't be worth the trip. Just my opinion anyways.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

The lesser known part of the story. It often gets left out of the historical accounts.

Auto Donk

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    The lesser known part of the story. It often gets left out of the historical accounts.
    only question i have is what do you feed that lama to make his coat all fluffy like that

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

You know it may be too late for this contest, but a good idea in the future would be to equate the number of points earned during the qualifying dallies with the starting chip count in the final tournament.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Dan Kelly

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273617

lots of odds posted in sbr book to win this thing? anyone want to wager for or against themself? post in points forum!

GL all..

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Ive been off my game lately...Need to be at the top of this list ---Im very lucky

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

SBR GOLDEN BOY LMAO
    Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    yes but it was during the rebuy period and i was short

you have paid your dues for your heater sir

First 123