Bigbill365
    Big Money Bettors
    Bigbill365's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1016

Theres litterally no one at the ring games.Only time anyone is there is after a touney and a couple of the guys that cash go there to rollover but having the top 5 now will kill the ring games.I think most of the poker guys would chose to have a higher buyin say 40 points but more people get paid.

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33438

Great contest. Thanks SBR. I haven't played SBR poker in a long time, but I think I'll take a stab at this one.

As for the complaints, $500 definitely will not cover round trip air + hotel + food for most posters. A good way to remedy this issue is to set up a marketplace thread where the winner can sell off pieces of himself to posters. Doing it this way will allow the winner's expenses to be fully covered, and give other SBR posters a chance to have some skin in the game.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: eberetta1, dare, and Czu81

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Great contest. Thanks SBR. I haven't played SBR poker in a long time, but I think I'll take a stab at this one.

As for the complaints, $500 definitely will not cover round trip air + hotel + food for most posters. A good way to remedy this issue is to set up a marketplace thread where the winner can sell off pieces of himself to posters. Doing it this way will allow the winner's expenses to be fully covered, and give other SBR posters a chance to have some skin in the game.
    good idea

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbill365 View Post
    Theres litterally no one at the ring games.Only time anyone is there is after a touney and a couple of the guys that cash go there to rollover but having the top 5 now will kill the ring games.I think most of the poker guys would chose to have a higher buyin say 40 points but more people get paid.
    we cant do 40 points I don't think b/c people would need loans every day

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    we cant do 40 points I don't think b/c people would need loans every day
    Think about the increased traffic in the betpoints forum

eberetta1
    Win some cha-ching
    eberetta1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12575

Thanks for the tourney SBR. I was just thinking last night that I would probably give up online poker if one or two of my favorite poker forums closed down. For U.S players, you guys are one of the remaining forums keeping the online poker dream alive.

lolbear
    lolbear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10321

Love the staking of a WSOP event. Would rather SBR take more than 20% of the winnings in exchange for the old formats of the tournies back. There is too little value in playing these tournies unless you are going for the WSOP seat, but 10k buyin divided by 50 people in the final tourney is still only 200 E(X) per person. Too much work IMO esp since most people can't play every day.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

Look out.

I want this!

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13200

JayVegas could live for a month in Vegas on 500. You guys need to suck it up.

I'll be wearing my SBR condom and jj gold knee pads at the final table.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Optional, and Jayvegas420

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 501

I would rather pay the 10 points daily and have the current payout schedule and current 5 tournaments per day.
    It will cost me around $400 for round trip tickets and $400-$600 for a room, so it seems to me that $1,000 might be a more appropriate stipend for travel and room expenses (and maybe have enough left for a buffet a day).
    Points Awarded:

Russian Rocket gave EmpireMaker 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: OTL

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!
    mpaschal34's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5600

maybe i see things differently....but i'd be happy with 50% of the winnings and paying for my own trip and hotel. i just want the opportunity again. i got lucky enough to win a seat way back in 2005....maybe i get lucky in years that end in 5.

Slanina
    Slanina's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5895

Well that sucks. Why do we have to keep having contests? Why not just run dailys as they are now. Not one person whom consistently plays here would stop if you didn't run promos. It's nice that you do them, but it's not what keeps players sticking around. I can suck it up for a few months. But I hope structure and payouts go back to normal in April. One man's opinion, of course. Other than that, I think SBR is pretty damn solid.

Slanina
    Slanina's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5895

Interested to see if there is a dip in players come March when most are out of the running and only top 5 paying doesn't make it worth trying daily.

zwoeins
    zwoeins's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7599

Thank you SBR for another poker promo

But I'm not sure if the new format is a good idea.
    Who wants to play about 90 minutes to exit 6th with 0 points?

I expect the daily tourneys will become coinflips with half of the table is going all in the first hands.
    If you win - you will have a good chance - if not - who cares, it's for free...

Is that the kind of poker we want to play?

But let's see what happens.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Koldazzice

shaunovery
    shaunovery's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

What happened to the last winner of the wsop poker contest

Think it was fuzzydunlop

horja1
    Grrrrrr
    horja1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by shaunovery View Post
    What happened to the last winner of the wsop poker contest

Think it was fuzzydunlop

no1here
    no1here's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6547

Promo could bring many outsiders leaving out the usual sbr'ers that now won't make top 50. Inviting cheating big time but anything is fair in gambling. Whomever wins this will be an unknown newby and gone shortly afterwards.

mikejamm
    mikejamm's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1512

Quote Originally Posted by EmpireMaker View Post
    I would rather pay the 10 points daily and have the current payout schedule and current 5 tournaments per day.
    It will cost me around $400 for round trip tickets and $400-$600 for a room, so it seems to me that $1,000 might be a more appropriate stipend for travel and room expenses (and maybe have enough left for a buffet a day).
    Exactly! I have no problem paying the 10pt daily entry free and keep the payout structure like it is now. Plus it keeps broke ass non pro idiots who could give a rat's ass about a long 4 month tourney, from showing up everyday and donk fuk shoving their stack in there every hand, which still happens anyway on several occasions.

A $1000 would barely fuk'in cover shit, EM. It's needs to be at least 2 grand. When you factor in what round trip airfare will be, the increase in room prices because of the WSOP being in town, meals, tips, misc expenses, you'd have to stay at some dive shit hole way off the strip and pay for cabs or public transportation.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: zwoeins

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Poster Big LouSharglous 9ball win take this down

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by Slanina View Post
    Interested to see if there is a dip in players come March when most are out of the running and only top 5 paying doesn't make it worth trying daily.
    I was thinking the exact same thing, although I kind of like the fact that it's top 50 without satellites so people cant luck into a seat in the final because of one tournament. 50 players and only 5 seats being paid should make for looser play in the tournaments.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

Quote Originally Posted by EmpireMaker View Post

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!
    sweep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2457

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 396

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    Doesn't matter what SBR offers with Poker or even just other contests. People will always find a reason to bitch.

Absolutely embarrassing.

If you don't like this contest - go to another forum that offers one that suits you better with their poker software.

Oh wait... you won't bloody find one, now will you?
    Other than a couple of posters, I don't see this as complete bitching. Most of the posters are actually giving opinions, and concerns. I think its great that people post repercussions they feel might take place with the tourney format change, or if the prize is really worth the effort over a 3-4 month period.

I understand there are not any other sites out there like SBR. I get it. I love this site. I find myself here at least 2-3 hours a day, whether it be playing poker, posting, or going to the sports book. My wife allows me to do this because she sees the prizes I win.

I'll admit that I don't know a lot about what makes a successful website. I don't know anything about the dynamics on how it becomes profitable. The only thing I do know is that traffic has a lot to do with it. To keep that traffic going, you have to be innovative, and "WOW" the public, so they keep coming back. Part of that has to do with listening to the folks. There are a lot of smart posters here that might be able to produce ideas that could be used down the line to continually improve your product. You're going to have bitchers at anytime, but I don't know if I totally agree with the "Take it or leave" approach. You never know when the day will come when someone else does offer what you have to give, and how you handle things while you are on top, determines whether you keep the folks, or not.

Anyway, thanks for the contests. I know it takes a lot of work to put these things together, and it is definitely most appreciated. Let's keep the good times rolling!
    Points Awarded:

Jayvegas420 gave Mr KLC 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: horja1

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!
    sweep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2457

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    Other than a couple of posters, I don't see this as complete bitching. Most of the posters are actually giving opinions, and concerns. I think its great that people post repercussions they feel might take place with the tourney format change, or if the prize is really worth the effort over a 3-4 month period.

I understand there are not any other sites out there like SBR. I get it. I love this site. I find myself here at least 2-3 hours a day, whether it be playing poker, posting, or going to the sports book. My wife allows me to do this because she sees the prizes I win.

I'll admit that I don't know a lot about what makes a successful website. I don't know anything about the dynamics on how it becomes profitable. The only thing I do know is that traffic has a lot to do with it. To keep that traffic going, you have to be innovative, and "WOW" the public, so they keep coming back. Part of that has to do with listening to the folks. There are a lot of smart posters here that might be able to produce ideas that could be used down the line to continually improve your product. You're going to have bitchers at anytime, but I don't know if I totally agree with the "Take it or leave" approach. You never know when the day will come when someone else does offer what you have to give, and how you handle things while you are on top, determines whether you keep the folks, or not.

Anyway, thanks for the contests. I know it takes a lot of work to put these things together, and it is definitely most appreciated. Let's keep the good times rolling!
    well said klc

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Poster Big LouSharglous 9ball win take this down
    Trust me if I were 1. able to rig poker and 2. eligible to win I would make sure I did just so I could shut down all of the bitching we get on the forum, via live chat and email about FREE POKER ON A SPORTS BETTING SITE every bloody day.

No joke I would annihilate every single one of you and would cheat if I could just to watch you cry. The stuff you guys bitch about is amazing. There are subforums here who haven't had a SBR handout in years... not even a 500 point contest. You same 20 guys or so get them every three months and whinge like newborns no matter what the format is.

One more time: If you like the contest - Join. If you don't - Don't.

Best of luck. Just stop embarrassing yourselves with the moaning because nothing is going to change to suit you.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Trust me if I were 1. able to rig poker and 2. eligible to win I would make sure I did just so I could shut down all of the bitching we get on the forum, via live chat and email about FREE POKER ON A SPORTS BETTING SITE every bloody day.

No joke I would annihilate every single one of you and would cheat if I could just to watch you cry. The stuff you guys bitch about is amazing. There are subforums here who haven't had a SBR handout in years... not even a 500 point contest. You same 20 guys or so get them every three months and whinge like newborns no matter what the format is.

Best of luck. Just stop embarrassing yourselves with the moaning because nothing is going to change to suit you.
    I hope you know I'm kidding? If you don't, stop being so sensitive. I'm not the one to bitch...I still don't see a whole lot of bitching here. In players defense, poker players are use to getting screwed over on the internet, so it's their nature to look at flaws and deficiencies. I pointed out that the new payout structure will kill ring games...and it will...and Doug addressed my concern with a solution. I think this is a great contest. I'd wear a shirt of JJ's taint and give 40% of my winnings for a stake at the wsop. One thing I do disagree with somewhat is that it's not completely free. It does take time...and for a good poker player with a family that's the most valuable asset of all.

mp5070
    The Michael Scott Company
    mp5070's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7789

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

I just hope come final tourney there is a lot of time for it to play out.

Would be awesome if someday we could win an entry into the nfl supercontest, have SBR in the team name. I see a few other sites do it on the leaderboard.
    Last edited by brooks85; 01-18-15 at 11:14 AM.

Carseller4
    Carseller4's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5033

When I win, I think driving might be an option. Gas prices are pretty low.

Fieldysnuts44
    @poker table near you
    Fieldysnuts44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Awesome,lets do this.

Fieldy

Reload
    Winning Aint Easy
    Reload's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14840

Nice offer here. Is our friend Fuzzy still around?

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Quote Originally Posted by Reload View Post
    Nice offer here. Is our friend Fuzzy still around?
    he didn't make a single post last year

you would think that giving someone more than $10,000 would encourage them to stay around

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Don't think this thread is complete without my one of my favorite videos of all time

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FPhoJAvjO2I

https://youtube.com/watch?v=FPhoJAvjO2I

Triple_D_Bet
    Triple_D_Bet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 219

I wouldn't call it bitching shari (or if it is, maybe "constructive bitching"?)...nobody's denying it's a good deal and more than they're going to find elsewhere. Most feedback seems to be centered around people preferring the old show-up-and-get-paid format or asking for the format to be extended times. For the former, you can't blame 'em; many have gotten used to the extremely non-standard payouts here as opposed to how it's done everywhere else, and understandably some (casual players) would prefer to win a couple thousand points instead of a prize they have no shot at...wouldn't call it bitching as much as making their voice heard to affect future SBR decisions. For the latter, an extended blind structure for both the dailies and the final are a big deal; if it's kept as is, this goes from a poker contest to a lottery with a small amount of poker mixed in. This contest is a good deal, but if SBR listens and makes that small change to the format, it will be a great promo that will see more involvement and mean more because of it.

If that stuff is bitching, it some bitching that can only help SBR put on great contests instead of just good ones. Good point that other subforums don't get as much attention; I can't really speak to that, but if SBR is going to put on a promo, they might as well listen to feedback and make it the best they can right?

Finally, if you did cheat and destroy everyone at the tables, many probably would cry despite it being free (can't say I'm one of em)...but if you do go through with it, please let me know before hand so I can enjoy the show

Quote Originally Posted by mp5070 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Carseller4 View Post
    When I win, I think driving might be an option. Gas prices are pretty low.

Probably already know the answer to this....but SBR, any chance we can start excluding stiffs (or anyone who abuses the SBR system) from participating in contests? No chance either one of these clowns takes it down, but they might prevent someone who contributes to the site in a positive way from participating. If not I understand, but never hurts to ask right?

Triple_D_Bet
    Triple_D_Bet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 219

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Don't think this thread is complete without my one of my favorite videos of all time

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FPhoJAvjO2I

https://youtube.com/watch?v=FPhoJAvjO2I
    Sadly the only passable one he did; rest have good material, but would have benefited from some peer review or any kind of proofreading.

That said, I'd be interested in buying a small piece of someone on the condition they make a video karaoking this

First 123456 ... Last