The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

I just took my worst beat ever on Bovada...

Let me preface this by saying this isn't a rigtard, conspiracy thread. It's just a vent about a bad beat. They do happen without there being evil works of thievery behind the scenes...

I'm playing 2-4, some guy raises to $12, and I'm in the small blind with kings. I bump it up to $40, and the guy in the big blind calls. The original raiser moves all in for $400. After about 3 seconds, I call, and then the guy in the big blind folds.

The guy flips over 88. Not a hand I would shove with, but it's Saturday night and players are drunk, so whatever.

The flop came KJ5, rainbow board. I've gone from a 80% favorite to a 99.9% favorite.

I'm sure you can all figure out what happened next.

Thanks for listening.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Sounds like a treat. You got it in preflop so try to look at it as part of the 19% ways/combinations he could win...just an outlier. Still going to sting though. I remember some of my worst beats from over 5-6 years ago like they were yesterday.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Triple_D_Bet

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Tough one Giant. I agree, not a hand I'm calling a reraise with nor shoving $400.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

hmmm...... sounds fishy to me...... id' def turn the thread into a conspiracy/rigged/you got owned by an employee of Blowvada thread...... you need to open your eyes to that rigged p o s site.......

horja1
    Grrrrrr
    horja1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

exactly the same shit happened to me on some other poker site ... AA vs 10's ...

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by horja1 View Post
    exactly the same shit happened to me on some other poker site ... AA vs 10's ...
    everyone has the same experience...... former employees of all these shithole sites admit they have bots....... but you lemmings just keep on jacking money into them, only to go off the cliff........ wise up!

take your bad beats live, like I do:

here's a classic 2k hand (cost me a grand of winnings at a 2-5 table at the isle of capri in lake charles):

hero: kten off, bb
    villain: qj spds, sb
    folds around, he puts in 3, i check

flop: AsKsKd

he checks, i make it 20, he calls

turn: 10h

i make it 45, he raises all in with broadway, i call

we turn em up, he says "nice hand"........... over 2k i pot at this point

river: 10 spds

at least he gave me the isle of capri poker room cap he won for hitting a royal...

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Worst beat I've ever taken was live. Worst beat I've ever seen was live. Some guy flopped a boat on like a 557 rainbow board and got it in against someone with 24s...24s hits a runner runner steel wheel for about a $700 pot playing 1/2. While it was kind of humorous to see the guy who lost go bananas, I felt bad for him.

sumtingwong
    sumtingwong's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

the more I win in live betting the more poker takes from me with beats like this. I believe in tin foil hats

The Giant

The good news is I actually ended up with a winning session.

And I'm up pretty huge overall at Bovada. The $130 double-ups are like stealing.

So if it's a conspiracy, hopefully it continues.

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Sick beat.

Glad you got over it, Big Man.

The Giant

Thanks, Gummer.

Happy new year, pal.
    Points Awarded:

GUMMO77 gave The Giant 13 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Jets12
    Jets12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Not a poker hand but fwiw I once got a really bad rash close to my sac on the side of my leg. Not sure what the odds of that are without running a sim but seems pretty unlucky.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    The $130 double-ups are like stealing.
    really? you must be rich. all you have to do is win 2 of these a day to make close to $100,000 a year.

The Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    really? you must be rich. all you have to do is win 2 of these a day to make close to $100,000 a year.
    I never really thought about it that way.

I don't play enough to be consistently +2 per day. I haven't tracked my results, but I would say I hit these at about 60%.

The Giant

The problem with these doubleups is sometimes they just don't fill up, and other times they take forever.

I've been sitting at a table all by myself for about 45 minutes.

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

Double up sngs are the most colluded games online. Theres whole computer farms set up throughout Asia and India specializing in this. Especially a site like bovada where you have to rely on their security to catch it since there are no screen names. Take the profits and run before the variance swings in the colluders favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    at least he gave me the isle of capri poker room cap he won for hitting a royal...
    LOL

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Well considering Bovada is just US citizens, it's going to be hard for Indian computer mills colluding at $10 Dons.

SharpAngles

Because a group of US citizens could never set up a VPN and own a single table double up SNG? Those games are easily the most colluded online. Rigged hands and super users are conspiracy theories but Collusion is a real threat.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Quote Originally Posted by SharpAngles View Post
    Rigged hands and super users are conspiracy theories but Collusion is a real threat.
    True...you're selling their security department a little short. Once two accounts log in from the same IP address, they're usually banned from sitting on the same table together. At least that's how it was a few years ago. I played on Bovada at my cousin's house and they stopped us from playing on the same table. Not that we'd want to play against each other anyway...

You'd basically have to be playing in India or the Philippines to collude micro and low dons. GL making it worth your while with US wages...

SharpAngles

It is possible to mask IP easily. It happens all the time on every poker site. I know guys who still play on poker stars from the states although I wouldn't recommend that. One lost a lot of cash and a couple foreign accounts for doing that. I know one clown who has multiple accounts and triple seats tourneys on blovada. Their security team is too busy "securing" Calvin Ayres. It's a sad reality that online poker attracts this activity and IMO it's up to the player to be secure rather than rely on the offshores to do it. They rake the same no matter what so how much do you think they really spend on anything past the most basic security to keep their license.

The scumbags target the double ups because they're much easier to influence and show profit. A cash game or standard SNG is much harder to profit from their cheating. Tourneys are probably infested with multi seaters but that's a different scam and not as likely to screw someone over IMO. The guys that do that, unless they're Zeejustin, tend to be horrible and just fattening the pot.