daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Poker Stars drops the hammer, increases rake

Unrealz...

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/29...-site-1485517/

'

The following changes will be implemented for PokerStars.com and shared liquidity sites in the near future. Implementation dates are included for each change and full tables detailing the changes are provided at the end of the post.

Battle of the Planets
    The week ending Saturday, November 1st will be the final week of the Battle of the Planets promotion. Prizes will be paid out this week as per normal.

Rake Changes Effective November 3, 2014
    Rake will increase for all stakes of heads-up hyper turbo Sit & Go tournaments.

Tournament fees for all forms of knockout tournaments, including both scheduled and Sit & Go tournaments, will now be equivalent to tournament fees charged for similar non-knockout tournaments. This is a change for all forms of knockout tournaments except for progressive super knockout tournaments for which tournament fees will not change.

Hyper-turbo scheduled tournament fees will increase from 2% to approximately half of the fees charged for other scheduled tournaments at same or similar buy-in levels.

The cap for ring game rake for hands dealt at PL/NL games to exactly two players will increase to $2 for stakes $25/$50 and higher and $1 for all other stakes.

The cap for ring game rake for PL/NL games at $25/$50 and higher stakes with 5+ players dealt in will increase from $3 to $5.

Spin & Go rake will be increased at stakes $3 and above. Details are in the table at the end of the post. Note that the ‘Rake’ row in the table refers to the % of prize pool withheld for rake, as is consistent with our current communication on our website and communication of pricing by competitors about similar products.

Rakes Changes Effective January 1, 2015
    Hyper-turbo satellite Sit & Go fees will be increased at stakes below $2,000 from 2% to an amount equivalent to roughly 75% of the fees charged for cash prize hyper-turbo Sit & Go tournaments of the same buy-in. A table at the end of this post includes sample fees for a wide range of buy-ins.

New tournament fees will apply in rebuy tournaments for players whose play is subject to significant local taxes in the form of gaming duty and/or VAT. For such players, tournament fees equivalent to those charged for initial buy-ins will be charged for rebuys and add-ons. We will soon provide a full list of sites/countries affected on January 1, but as examples, PokerStars.be, PokerStars.dk, PokerStars.uk, and PokerStars.bg will qualify due to gaming duty and players from Germany will qualify due to VAT.

Spin & Go Prize Changes Effective November 3, 2014
    Spin & Go prize distribution will change to offer top prizes of 3000x the buy-in at each pool, increased from 1000x. Full details of the new distributions are available in the table at the bottom of this post.

leetreaper
    leetreaper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2140

wow

EmceeDusty
    Dennis Green FTW
    EmceeDusty's Avatar Become A Pro!

Worlds most corrupt site just got even more corrupt, unreal

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33516

From the players' POV every rake increase is bad and should be fought, but for the most part the increases listed on the chart are not imo that bad.

The exception is $1 max rake on HU .50/1NL. With no rakeback this game is virtually unbeatable against an opponent who has a clue, especially with shorter stacks. To make an increase like this I don't think PStars/Amaya understands how short term gains in revenue can destroy long term profits.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15072

Haralobos Voulgaris had the tweet of the week.

"I think we can all agree that Pokerstars has to raise the rake. They only made 420m in ebitda on 1.1bn in revenue last year. #ohwait"

Monopolies are bad.

Czu81
    Czu81's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5709

the new rake still lower compared to other sites...

STAX
    STAX's Avatar Become A Pro!

I made a lot playing low-mid MTTs there from 2008-2011 (Id play 12-16 at a time)... I was a professional MTTer for 18 months playing solely on Stars, played around 4000 tournaments in this time. And I despise Poker Stars... corruption through and through that company. It sickens me to death the entire industry, back then and now...

http://officialpokerrankings.com/pok...2B330.html?t=2
    Last edited by STAX; 11-04-14 at 06:34 AM.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

There's no sng leader board either. Have had it for 10 years. 4 mil or so in prizes gone.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    Haralobos Voulgaris had the tweet of the week.

"I think we can all agree that Pokerstars has to raise the rake. They only made 420m in ebitda on 1.1bn in revenue last year. #ohwait"

Monopolies are bad.
    To put it in perspective, most brick and mortar businesses are doing well for themselves if their editda is 20% and can sustain business with one over 10%. Stars editda is nearly 40% with a billion dollars in revenue

leetreaper
    leetreaper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2140

I play mostly sngs and cash, i'm ******...you mtt guys should be fine unless its knockouts and rebuys

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I don't think poker sites are as busy as they used to be

For Americans I would never even play unless it was legal

Scottish
    Scottish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 259

Not shocked by this, they've got customers by the balls.

BigBusiness
    Drug dealin money
    BigBusiness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

People still play on pokerstars?

That place is rigged as hell.

Played for couple days back in 2007 and immediately closed my account and cashed out after seeing the exact same river patterns over and over.

I'm glad they can't take Americans money any longer. Crooks

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25117

Yep, just more money out of the players pockets because obviously they need the money. Unforn, the options are pretty limited as to where else you can go. Maybe one day there will be actual regulated business offering online pokers and there will be some legitimate competition in the market.

Triple_D_Bet
    Triple_D_Bet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 219

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    From the players' POV every rake increase is bad and should be fought, but for the most part the increases listed on the chart are not imo that bad.

The exception is $1 max rake on HU .50/1NL. With no rakeback this game is virtually unbeatable against an opponent who has a clue, especially with shorter stacks. To make an increase like this I don't think PStars/Amaya understands how short term gains in revenue can destroy long term profits.
    This

Quote Originally Posted by BigBusiness View Post
    People still play on pokerstars?

That place is rigged as hell.

Played for couple days back in 2007 and immediately closed my account and cashed out after seeing the exact same river patterns over and over.

I'm glad they can't take Americans money any longer. Crooks
    A damn shame people usually don't post stuff like this until after they've left; it would be a lot easier (and a lot different meta-game) if all fish self-identified in advance.

BigBusiness
    Drug dealin money
    BigBusiness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

Quote Originally Posted by Triple_D_Bet View Post

A damn shame people usually don't post stuff like this until after they've left; it would be a lot easier (and a lot different meta-game) if all fish self-identified in advance.
    Too Bad. These low life crooks aren't getting anymore Americans money.

Deal with it