Lowly Oaftard
    Lowly Oaftard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 447

bobbywaves

For all the crap this guy takes in the forums, he played very well in this evenings tournament. Just thought I'd give some credit where it's due.
    Points Awarded:

daneblazer gave Lowly Oaftard 1000 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: bobbywaves

ShogunRua
    Update Status
    ShogunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think most of the hate he receives is non poker related. I've always considered him a solid tournament player.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: bobbywaves

Slanina
    Slanina's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5895

Quote Originally Posted by ShogunRua View Post
    I think most of the hate he receives is non poker related. I've always considered him a solid tournament player.
    Agreed.

Enkhbat
    Enkhbat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26307

I think he gets crap because he is a stiff or something

BeerDog99
    BeerDog99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 177

My opinion is that Bobby is a very tight tourney player and that style will generally win (some points) in the SBR style tourneys.

I believe he gets a lot of flak because he uses whatever angle he can find to eek out points and talks a lot about how great he is at it, that rubs some people the wrong way. Lastly he has stated that he likes slow-rolling people which again is a jerk move and will irritate people.

To each his own, if it works for him all the power to him.

bobbywaves
    bobbywaves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

Quote Originally Posted by Enkhbat View Post
    I think he gets crap because he is a stiff or something
    Impossible to be a stiff, when I never requested a loan in the 6+ years I've been here. When one can generate their own pts, loans aren't necessary obviously.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

What does one do with about $1300 of points

BeerDog99

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    I think he will owe a portion of those points in January.
    Points Awarded:

Itsamazing777 gave BeerDog99 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Itsamazing777, and Triple_D_Bet

bobbywaves

Quote Originally Posted by BeerDog99 View Post
    talks a lot about how great he is at it
    Only try to educate people how to rollover quickly & efficiently via flipping.

My style not only works for me, it keeps me somewhat entertained (slow rolling Tripe). I'm obviously not concerned if it "rubs some people the wrong way." Apparently being intelligent is considered angle shooting to you.

If myself or someone else is breaking any alleged rules: angle shooting, slow rolling, using allotted time, etc... I strongly encourage you to report it. This way SBR can nip it in the bud, & it won't "irritate people."

bobbywaves

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Can hit Pizza Hut every week for a year+.

bobbywaves

I think he will owe a portion of those points in January.
    Possibly, but I doubt it...If so, I obviously have it easily covered & won't need a loan like Tripe.

BeerDog99

Quote Originally Posted by bobbywaves View Post
    Only try to educate people how to rollover quickly & efficiently via flipping.

My style not only works for me, it keeps me somewhat entertained (slow rolling Tripe). I'm obviously not concerned if it "rubs some people the wrong way." Apparently being intelligent is considered angle shooting to you.

If myself or someone else is breaking any alleged rules: angle shooting, slow rolling, using allotted time, etc... I strongly encourage you to report it. This way SBR can nip it in the bud, & it won't "irritate people."

LOL and I was trying my best to be as non-confrontational as possible. Well you have succinctly clarified why people can get irritated with you.

First of all, indicating that I was lying is an incorrect characterization of what I stated. I stated facts and you actually confirmed/reinforced most of them.

Part of poker and the community on SBR is about having a little class. You like some other folks are not displaying that. It is not against the rules of the game directly but it does show where you have lack of mature character.

LOL, I love the constant "report me to SBR" refrain. If you really think mature adults would continually go crying to SBR because you are acting like a douche, you never really grew up.

To each his own.

I was never one that agreed with limiting eberretas timer, he was not "breaking" rules, he was just abusing the intent behind the timer and therefore not acting correctly. In my opinion, he will (like you) eventually learn the error of his ways or not. It depends on the individual's maturity level and desire to get along in a reasonable fashion.

Do what you will, this is a free site. I will never report you to SBR for being a douche but I will state it when required in an open forum.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: mikejamm, tradeout, and sweep

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

On a forum with thousands of degenerate low life's Bobby is the most disliked.

That speaks volumes.

bobbywaves

LOL and I was trying my best to be as non-confrontational as possible. Well you have succinctly clarified why people can get irritated with you.

First of all, indicating that I was lying is an incorrect characterization of what I stated. I stated facts and you actually confirmed/reinforced most of them.

Part of poker and the community on SBR is about having a little class. You like some other folks are not displaying that. It is not against the rules of the game directly but it does show where you have lack of mature character.

LOL, I love the constant "report me to SBR" refrain. If you really think mature adults would continually go crying to SBR because you are acting like a douche, you never really grew up.

To each his own.

I was never one that agreed with limiting eberretas timer, he was not "breaking" rules, he was just abusing the intent behind the timer and therefore not acting correctly. In my opinion, he will (like you) eventually learn the error of his ways or not. It depends on the individual's maturity level and desire to get along in a reasonable fashion.

Do what you will, this is a free site. I will never report you to SBR for being a douche but I will state it when required in an open forum.
    If that was your "best to be non-confrontational," you failed miserably. You're entitled to your opinion, no matter how clueless it is.

I'm not here to kiss ass & make cyber friends, like many phonies on this site who are unable to think for themselves. I'll continue to play my style of poker & speak my mind, not concerned who I disagree with & irritate. You want to make me out to be some kind of poker villain, go for it. I embrace the role, it will only serve as further motivation.

sinmiedo
    sinmiedo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 369

wow......................another bobby thread.
    SBR could you please produce a" Bobbywaves Subforum " so we can talk poker in this one!!!!!
    Thank you in advance.

BeerDog99

If that was your "best to be non-confrontational," you failed miserably. You're entitled to your opinion, no matter how clueless it is.

I'm not here to kiss ass & make cyber friends, like many phonies on this site who are unable to think for themselves. I'll continue to play my style of poker & speak my mind, not concerned who I disagree with & irritate. You want to make me out to be some kind of poker villain, go for it. I embrace the role, it will only serve as further motivation.
    My first post was non-confrontational. I just answered Oaf's question.

I have not kissed any ass and I like to make friends anywhere by being cool and respectable. Something you obviously have not been able to mature too even though you claim to be "retired".

Speak your mind and act anyway you feel, all you want, I have consistently stated you can do what you want.

LMAO, if you think you are a poker villain.

As is evident from your poker play and conduct, you are not even really just a poker douche, you are just a plain douche.

Congrats to you.

BeerDog99

Quote Originally Posted by sinmiedo View Post
    SBR could you please produce a" Bobbywaves Subforum " so we can talk poker in this one!!!!!
    Thank you in advance.

LOL Sin, you are so dammed mature... :-)

I think Oaf was trolling by creating this thread, he wanted to see this banter....

bobbywaves

Congrats to you.
    Thanks...When I get under people's skin, Waves has succeeded.

BeerDog99

Thanks...When I get under people's skin, Waves has succeeded.
    LOL, You obviously have not been reading my posts very well, you are a non-factor for me in poker.

Similar to an ankle burning pylon in a hockey game.

bobbywaves

Thank you in advance.
    Good idea...Be advised I don't create BobbyWaves threads, but I will participate in them.

bobbywaves

LOL, You obviously have not been reading my posts very well, you are a non-factor for me in poker.
    Read everything quite well & responded appropriately.

Obviously a non factor in poker as are you, considering you rarely play my time slots.

Lowly Oaftard

I didn't create the thread to start trashing the guy....honestly, the waves-bashing has gone beyond overkill at this point. I just wanted to pay him a compliment since I thought he played a good tournament. Pretty miserable failure on my part to not anticipate this devolving into another bashing thread. Sorry Sin and bobby.
    Nomination(s):

BeerDog99

Quote Originally Posted by Lowly Oaftard View Post
    I didn't create the thread to start trashing the guy....honestly, the waves-bashing has gone beyond overkill at this point. I just wanted to pay him a compliment since I thought he played a good tournament. Pretty miserable failure on my part to not anticipate this devolving into another bashing thread. Sorry Sin and bobby.
    Well I am not sure it has devolved into another bashing thread.

I answered your question about why Bobby is given a hard time.

Other than that, I just responded to Bobby's statements.

spider
    spider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 46953

Thank you in advance.

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Thank you in advance.
    I didn't create the thread to start trashing the guy....honestly, the waves-bashing has gone beyond overkill at this point. .
    I agree.

I don't think BD was bashing Bobby here, so this has nothing to do with my good buddy, but how many threads on this site (not just poker) get derailed by Waves chatter?

Just getting a bit old.
    Last edited by GUMMO77; 10-25-14 at 09:16 PM.

Lowly Oaftard

BeerDog, read the OP, and show me where there is a question about Bobby. I paid him a compliment....pretty straightforward.
    Last edited by Lowly Oaftard; 10-25-14 at 04:38 PM.

Lowly Oaftard

Quote Originally Posted by GUMMO77 View Post
    I agree.

I don't think BD was bashing Bobby here, so this has nothing to do with my good buddy, but how many threads oh this site (not just poker) get derailed by Waves chatter?

Just getting a bit old.
    Valid point...I was just trying to be nice. When BD says I created the thread just to troll, it was slightly annoying, but I suppose I understand given that oh near 100% of my posts here are trollish Most of them are humorous though !

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Valid point...I was just trying to be nice. When BD says I created the thread just to troll, it was slightly annoying, but I suppose I understand given that oh near 100% of my posts here are trollish Most of them are humorous though !

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

Oafer may swing for the other team if you know what I mean. Bob I would be very careful here.

BeerDog99

BeerDog, read the OP, and show me where there is a question about Bobby. I paid him a compliment....pretty straightforward.
    You are correct, I guess I read a question into it where there was not one. I apologise. As far as bashing goes that was not my intent.

As far as trolling, I was more stating that as tongue in cheek given your posting history. Sorry for misinterpreting this.

bobbywaves

No problem & I appreciate the compliment...& there's no question you & BeerDog are very good poker players.

I didn't even comment in this thread, until BD made a false & derogatory comment claiming "I talk about how great I am." Never done so & I urge BD to prove otherwise. To the contrary, I've made numerous comments in various threads acknowledging the better poker players.

If BD wants to talk about classless, who talks smack while trailing a challenge by 3k? His buddy Tripe does. Granted Tripe is playing much better now & can finally back up his smack talk, albeit 9 months later. But to talk smack like he did when trailing by 3k was totally ignorant & classless, thus I thoroughly enjoy slow rolling him.

I rarely engage others, especially when unwarranted like Tripe. But when I'm engaged, I'll obviously defend.

Triple_D_Bet
    Triple_D_Bet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 219

Quote Originally Posted by GUMMO77 View Post
    I agree.

I don't think BD was bashing Bobby here, so this has nothing to do with my good buddy, but how many threads oh this site (not just poker) get derailed by Waves chatter?

Just getting a bit old.
    Far fewer these days, as the funny bits have been mined for about all they're worth, and all that's left is the same ol nonsense from bobbo. BD's assessment is accurate enough, and no doubt represents one of three groups (the people who care enough about the game/manners to call people out on their douchey behavior). The other two groups being those who just don't care/are unaffected (most people), or the group who thinks bobbo is correct in his actions (just bobbo in the last group).

No problem & I appreciate the compliment...& there's no question you & BeerDog are very good poker players.

I didn't even comment in this thread, until BD made a false & derogatory comment claiming "I talk about how great I am." Never done so & I urge BD to prove otherwise. To the contrary, I've made numerous comments in various threads acknowledging the better poker players.

If BD wants to talk about classless, who talks smack while trailing a challenge by 3k? His buddy Tripe does. Granted Tripe is playing much better now & can finally back up his smack talk, albeit 9 months later. But to talk smack like he did when trailing by 3k was totally ignorant & classless, thus I thoroughly enjoy slow rolling him.

I rarely engage others, especially when unwarranted like Tripe. But when I'm engaged, I'll obviously defend.
    Since I've already proven you wrong and taken your points twice, we'll just skip past the part where you're proven wrong yet again, and accept it as a given. As for talking smack being "classless" while trailing, you'll simply have to take the word of better players that it isn't...you've assured us that you're unable to differentiate between a temporary lead and a permanent skill advantage likely to affect the outcome, as well as the inability to grasp basic odds. Not trying to rub your nose in it, it's just a basic fact at this point, proven over and over again. As a result, nobody really expects your opinion to be any different, not when all of your effort goes into trying to reconcile facts to your opinions instead of the other way around.

As BD succinctly put it, you're not a "villain", you're simply an unremarkable poker player who happens to be a douche as well.

As to the point of the OP...

For all the crap this guy takes in the forums, he played very well in this evenings tournament. Just thought I'd give some credit where it's due.
    Watch even a weeks worth of tournaments he plays and I imagine you'll be forced to revise your opinion...the errors made are simply horrendous even with limited information, and would no doubt be worse still if we had all the information

bobbywaves

Quote Originally Posted by Triple_D_Bet View Post
    Watch even a weeks worth of tournaments he plays and I imagine you'll be forced to revise your opinion...the errors made are simply horrendous even with limited information, and would no doubt be worse still if we had all the information
    Yet with all these alleged "errors" being made, it's simply amazing to be ranked 12th on an annual leaderboard. Ranking is higher than many of your cronies, yet you don't criticize your cronies play for some reason. Wonder why that is?

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25123

Don't forget swears he is head and shoulders better player than me yet refuses to accept any challenge with just me and him heads up.

bobbywaves

Quote Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
    Don't forget swears he is head and shoulders better player than me yet refuses to accept any challenge with just me and him heads up.
    You're memory is not too good. We played a high variance 2 month heads up challenge which you won. I never said I was better & won't concede you're better, as if you entered the 2014 challenge you would be losing.

123 Last