SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

Poker ethics on SBR

With all the whining about bad beats I'm surprised nobody whines about the dishonorable play of many SBR members. Hit and runs, ratholing, talking about holecards with more than 2 players in a hand are all bad enough, but now we have disconnectors to add to the list. Lowest form of online angle that exists.

I wouldn't call you out if I had any doubt Conan, but you disconn and instantly post a blind for the next hand? I dont think so buddy. Especially after you rivered me a few hands before and were obv trying to rat hole those chips. Over pennies too, should be ashamed.

Real poker sites got rid of this behavior a long time ago.

***** Hand history (v1.2) *****
    Hand ID 4591611
    $2/$4 NL Texas Hold'em (No Limit) - 16:38:00 23/09/2014 ET
    Table 'Freebird', 6 seats max, Real money
    Seat 4 is the button.
    Small Blind $2, Big Blind $4
    Note: seat IDs range from 1 to 6
    Seat 2 (joined) : SharpAngles, amount $184.40, amount bet $0, penalty (None)
    Seat 4 (joined) : conan, amount $298.75, amount bet $0, penalty (None)
    conan: Small Blind ($2)
    SharpAngles: Big Blind ($4)
    ** Dealing Down Cards **
    Dealt to SharpAngles: [6s, 9h]
    conan: Call ($2)
    SharpAngles: Check [btn] ($0)
    ** Dealing Flop **
    Community cards: [2s, Ts, 5s]
    SharpAngles: Bet [btn] ($6)
    SharpAngles: Show Cards ($0)
    conan: Show Cards ($0)
    ** Dealing Turn **
    Community cards: [Ad]
    ** Dealing River **
    Community cards: [9d]
    ** End Round **
    ** Evaluate **
    SharpAngles: Show Cards ($0)conan: Show Cards ($0)** Showdown **Main pot $7.60, Rake $0.40Side pot #1 $6, Rake $0Summary SharpAngles: bet $10, won $13.60, net $3.60, HoleCards [6s, 9h], HiHand [a pair of nines] [9h, 9d, Ad, Ts, 6s], won $7.60 from main pot, won $6 from side pot #1Summary conan: bet $4, won $0, net $-4, HoleCards [5d, 7d]

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

I will say that people who talk about their cards during a hand bugs me; even when it's just for points.
    Points Awarded:

BeerDog99 gave GUMMO77 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Colluding/cheating is about the only thing unethical. Other than that, who cares about ethics in poker.

ShogunRua
    Update Status
    ShogunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

Umm....so there is basically no money in the pot and he has middle pair with no draw and he d/cd to get a cheap showdown? I think this is something that has probably been exploited before on this site, but this example is ridiculous.

SharpAngles

The ridiculousness is what tilted me. If they do it for 10 points they'll do it for 1000 points and should be called out every time. The live equivalent I've seen and would compare it to is the schmucks facing a big raise that ask how much to "Call In" and hope for somebody to fold or call and angle themselves into the right play

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

I prefer to dc on a draw, but hey middle pair is ok I guess

SharpAngles

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Colluding/cheating is about the only thing unethical. Other than that, who cares about ethics in poker.
    LOL, other than colluding and cheating I guess you're right who cares. Disconn is the oldest trick in the online cheaters book

Jeffie
    Jeffie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1163

I actually was called out last year for same thing. Idk if its just me but i dc alot when playing sbr poker. I really dont think this was on purpose.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: frankzig

SharpAngles

A normal discon wouldn't post a blind instantly. Maybe I'm way off but normal software would never take a blind from someone discon'd from a cash game. There would have to be a button pressed to return. If SBR's software allows this I'm probably wrong but even the circa 2002 they're running shouldn't let that happen. The fact that maybe 10 hands before he sat out to consider the hit and run right after rivering me to double up, while you were at the table Jeffie, had me looking at him sideways already and this seemed a little obvious. If I'm wrong then I'm the dick but it's all that nonsense that keeps more people from playing which seems like something SBR would care to address to grow their asset.

Triple_D_Bet
    Triple_D_Bet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 219

Couple of things...

1) Never seen this out of conan before, and highly, highly doubt he'd pull something like that, particularly with a hand which doesn't benefit from it.

2) Disconnecting and being back for next hand or blind isn't uncommon; when SBR had connection problems, it's happened numerous times to me, dropping me from a hand but bringing me back before hand was over.

3) Even if this had been intentional, if SBR cared enough to do anything about poker this would be way at the bottom of the list. Far more important things to address, like contest structures, tournament times, blatant stalling by angle-shooters like bobbo, etc.

hockey216
    hockey216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

for 6 points?

ive had ppl disconnect to abuse allin protection when faced with an allin bet with a pot of 1k.

...now THAT'S when it's unethical!

yes ethics are bad (hit and running, lying about flipping in con-artist scam, taking chips off the table... the list goes on)

bobbywaves
    bobbywaves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

Quote Originally Posted by Triple_D_Bet View Post
    blatant stalling by angle-shooters like bobbo, etc.
    So you're saying I stall every hand, as that's the only way it would be an issue. If what you say were true, why hasn't SBR cut my time bank in half like Eberetta?

The few occasions I take some time, it's for good reason. Like deciding whether to: bet, call, raise, re-raise, calculating pot odds, & distractions out of my control.

SharpAngles

Oh lord, please don't let this thread derail into a flamer war, oops, I mean flamewar. Can't you guys have your own smackdown shittalk mega thread and stop bringing it to every other one on this forum?

Boner_18
    Update your status
    Boner_18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1031

I dont play poker. But wtf is with people who think winning a pot and leaving is unethical. Yall are nuts.

bobbywaves
    bobbywaves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

Quote Originally Posted by SharpAngles View Post
    Oh lord, please don't let this thread derail into a flamer war, oops, I mean flamewar. Can't you guys have your own smackdown shittalk mega thread and stop bringing it to every other one on this forum?
    Tripe wants to make inaccurate stalling statements, he'll be challenged on it in the same thread he stated it. If that bothers you, tough chit.

wtf is with people who think winning a pot and leaving is unethical. Yall are nuts.
    I concur, the hit & run cry babies are beyond amusing. It almost make me want to play ring, hitting & running all day.

Triple_D_Bet

Doubt it, bobbo's bltatnt stalling is beyond any kind of doubt or need to debate....been proven and admitted to elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Boner_18 View Post
    I dont play poker. But wtf is with people who think winning a pot and leaving is unethical. Yall are nuts.
    Heh...people seem to confuse poor etiquette with unethical. Genocide is unethical; hit and running is impolite at worst.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9137

^^^ Every poker thread is hijacked by these guys

Maybe we need a Waves v Triple_D thread that all their arguments get moved to?

That might actually be interesting to see how fast it gets to 100 pages

You're jumping to conclusions about Conan. I've had short disconnects where I am back for the next hand.

Triple_D_Bet

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post

That might actually be interesting to see how fast it gets to 100 pages

You're jumping to conclusions about Conan. I've had short disconnects where I am back for the next hand.
    Hrm, do you have the mod power to do this opti? That would be hilarious

Does kinda crack me up that most people post threads screaming "cheater!" with minimal reason, while seemingly ignorant of the actual exploiting and angle-shooting occurring most every day.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9137

I could with the poker forum posts.

I might be putting myself in for a never ending daily job though!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Triple_D_Bet, and greenhippo

onerous
    onerous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

idk bobby I know im new to sbr but I have yet to see you at a cash table.. and I play ring prob more then anyone else on the site at least a top 3(which I just quit doing lol) idk if anything could make you sit at a cash table.

and yes, I doubt conan purposely did that... I sit a 2 or 3 tables all the time and ill D/C from one or two as the other table runs perfectly fine.. which doesn't make sense to me but damn stooping to this for 10 points..

shit he could post and ask for 10 points in a thread and I bet multiple ppl would just give it to him lol

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Triple_D_Bet

I could with the poker forum posts.

I might be putting myself in for a never ending daily job though!
    Make it happen opti...consolidate all posts into one giant thread, then we can open voting on favorite posts and compile a "Top 10" thread

Slanina
    Slanina's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5895

+1. I have no problem with either but it is out of hand. I often stop reading a thread once I hit one of their names when it has a shot at the other because I know what the rest of that thread contains.

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5958

Anyone who complains about poker with the exception of cheating should be disemboweled and spit on on the spot

Triple_D_Bet

Quote Originally Posted by Slanina View Post
    +1. I have no problem with either but it is out of hand. I often stop reading a thread once I hit one of their names when it has a shot at the other because I know what the rest of that thread contains.
    Hard to argue it's any less out of hand than the normal "poker is rigged" threads. Anyways, it will all be over in a few months, doubt we'll hear much from bobbo after January 1st

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

I get accused of "hit and run", but when I'm at rollover, I'm gone. Sorry if it offends people, but in a lot of instances, I've put in about an hour of my time to make poker points into real points. I'm not going to put those at risk to save someone's feelings.

reigle9
    Paint my casket black with a big ass #3
    reigle9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1053

Lol at caring about sbr poker points. I play 2/5 and said to the guy beside me last night that i felt like an asshole for having to leave to a few hands after a big pot. He's says yeah nobody cares, it's not a big deal.

6 theoretical cents>>>>>>>>>> $500 imo

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

nothing like being berated for shoving every hand HU with like 6 or 7 BBs each in a daily tourney. now THAT is a jackass douchebag. won't name him but fukktard lost all my respect, not that he had any seeing his capping threads

Conan
    Conan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 818

wow i guess i pissed him off to be clear i have never intentionally disconnected to see cheap cards. Second my preference and it goes with my stile of play as you should know having played with me is to hit those weird hands and get some chips in the pot i even like to get chips into the pot in anticipation of hitting just in case. and third i simply do not care enough about these pennies we are playing with to do it even if the other reasons were not there.

SharpAngles

Like I said if I'm wrong I'm the dick. Tbh I was taking your silence in this thread as proof but if you're coming in here saying I'm wrong I can accept that. The main point wasn't to call you out, just to bring some attention to a problem I've seen here more than once.